HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

What you're all really here for.
Gluelock

Re: HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

Post by Gluelock »

LaserGuy wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:26 pm Congratulations on getting the 'obviously not mafia' gold star.
I don’t want that gold star, you can have it back
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("

This has been discussed SEVERAL times before actually.

");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("

Lol, poor glue, and specifically he seems, lets say happy, carefree, and a lover of life we should all emulate based on past play*

I could see him not noticing the three (I think) times it was discussed.

*Yes I am quoting Bessie there.");
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:27 pm System.out.println("
LaserGuy wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:12 pm
AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:04 pm EGW and Bessie butting heads heavily
Wait... when was this? I just documented a dozen cases of EGW going out of his way to defend bessie.
You missed the point I was making.

That was a hypothetical under Seven's 3 man mafia and SK scenario where Bessie knew the SK because she interpreted a failed NK.

I think the only possible scenario for that was that the NK was n1, and that she and EGW disagreed on whether the NK failed because they hit an SK, just based on her in thread behavior towards Seven.

To be clear, I highly doubt this is what happened but I'm entertaining Seven's scenario and trying to think through the potential implications.

");
Oh, yes, sorry, I misunderstood.
AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:30 pm System.out.println("

");
I'm aware. I don't think it changes my evaluation of Glue in this instance, for similar reasons to what you describe in your next post.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

LaserGuy wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:55 pm

");
I'm aware. I don't think it changes my evaluation of Glue in this instance, for similar reasons to what you describe in your next post.
Was directed at Glue actually, not as an expansion of my post directed at you");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
Makhaira wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:16 pm Hey all my activity is going to be mostly limited to evenings for the rest of the days until deadline, I just got to Austin for the F1 races this weekend so Im going to be completely occupied at the event during the day Fri-Sun. Im gonna try to get caught up on the last few pages though tonight atleast before bed

Well, hope you at least have fun at the races!

Got another friend whose really into F1 actually. (F1 is like, NASCAR for rich, possibly pretentious people :p)

");
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:05 pm

");
Was directed at Glue actually, not as an expansion of my post directed at you");
Was there a question inherent there or were you simply stating your observation?
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
Gluelock wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:40 pm
AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:05 pm

Was there a question inherent there or were you simply stating your observation?
Two part observation.

");
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

Gluelock wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:22 pm
JC_DADDY25 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:19 pm
Gluelock wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:57 pm

3. Somi and JC stood out as the most invested in actually solving the conundrum. I made a point earlier when casing EGW, that scum are usually more interested in certain things like secret plays (or boomgambits?). They tend to care more about knowing the whole story so they can make informed plays and blend in better. These two fit that description best in this scenario.

Where did I try to drive the conundrum?

Or are you talking about after you admitted you were lying?
@JC

I was talking about around the time of this post:
JC_DADDY25 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:15 pm
Seven wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:59 pm Chat is reset with each addition but anyone in the hood at that point can talk to one another
That part had nothing to do with the crap you were doing though, so I don't see how that fits into your notes about your boomgambit.

And I asked what you meant about boomgambit, because being new here I wasnt familiar with the term but you're familiar enough that you claim to be doing one.
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:25 pm
JC_DADDY25 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:19 pm

Where did I try to drive the conundrum?

Or are you talking about after you admitted you were lying?
@JC

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:15 pm
That part had nothing to do with the crap you were doing though, so I don't see how that fits into your notes about your boomgambit.

And I asked what you meant about boomgambit, because being new here I wasnt familiar with the term but you're familiar enough that you claim to be doing one.
I’m as aware of boomgambits as you are, somi just introduced us to the term.

You were one of the only people to vocally acknowledge a plot hole in my lie and call it out. That shows me you were paying attention in a way others might not have been. And I’m offended you’d refer to my shenanigans as crap, I figured you’d get a kick out of it all.
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
madge

Post by madge »

Votals:
Seven - 2 - Mak, Bessie
Bessie - 2 - LaserGuy, Seven

If the tie remains, Seven would be voted out, having reached 2 votes first.

Night 3 will start at noon on Sunday the 22nd of October (UTC+8), or in about 2 days, 4 hours.

With 9 players alive, 5 are required to vote off.

Please don't use bold to format your posts, it makes it harder to count votes. Thank you!
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:04 pm System.out.println("
Seven wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:36 pm
AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:26 pm System.out.print("

It's "Bessie" we're interested in in this scenario, not "they".

This scenario, being told by a failed NK due to a one shot SK BP, doesn't actually require them to interpret it the same way and the Doc power is EGW's alone.

This would require their NK failing for a different reason last night though. I don't think they butted heads so much that Bessie submitted a kill on EGW's protect.

Again, this is all assuming your scenario is correct that Bessie is human, humans are the sole mafia, and Bessie knows who the SK is, I simply don't see a better candidate for Bessie "knowing" is a SK.

");
I don’t really understand what you’re saying. You asked me it wasn’t night 1 then explained why it wasn’t night 1 (would have to be night 2 because of lack of scum kill last night).

Also really not sure what the heck you’re talking about as it being just bessie and not they.
The lack of a scum kill both nights is a problem for ALL SK theories. This theory only explains one and not the other. Your answer doesn't explain why Bessie is tunneling you so hard and doesn't really seem that interested in other people if she as mafia knows the SK and it's NOT you.

What I'm suggesting requires a fair number of assumptions (the still missing mafia kill N2 was stopped some other way, EGW and Bessie butting heads heavily), but it's the version that matches her behavior.

She thinks you're perma-BP, is that common anymore? Would explain why she's obsessed with yeeting you.

Either way, I still doubt it. I think it's 3-2 ATM, but if you legitimately think this is what's happening, who else do you think Bessie might have pegged as SK?");
I think it can logically be inferred that I'm not a BP SK in a bessie knows who SK is scenario.
1. There was no mafia kill N2. Therefore, if mafia hit a BP, it would have been N2.
2. George protected me N2, therefore, mafia did not target me N2. Therefore, if they hit a BP it was not Seven.

Your claim that bessie is going after me puts me as top suspect doesn't hold as her tunnel has been a continuation from D1 when no night actions had occurred. It's really strange to me that you're forcing this narrative.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
Seven wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:02 am
AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:04 pm System.out.println("
Seven wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:36 pm
I don’t really understand what you’re saying. You asked me it wasn’t night 1 then explained why it wasn’t night 1 (would have to be night 2 because of lack of scum kill last night).

Also really not sure what the heck you’re talking about as it being just bessie and not they.
The lack of a scum kill both nights is a problem for ALL SK theories. This theory only explains one and not the other. Your answer doesn't explain why Bessie is tunneling you so hard and doesn't really seem that interested in other people if she as mafia knows the SK and it's NOT you.

What I'm suggesting requires a fair number of assumptions (the still missing mafia kill N2 was stopped some other way, EGW and Bessie butting heads heavily), but it's the version that matches her behavior.

She thinks you're perma-BP, is that common anymore? Would explain why she's obsessed with yeeting you.

Either way, I still doubt it. I think it's 3-2 ATM, but if you legitimately think this is what's happening, who else do you think Bessie might have pegged as SK?");
I think it can logically be inferred that I'm not a BP SK in a bessie knows who SK is scenario.
1. There was no mafia kill N2. Therefore, if mafia hit a BP, it would have been N2.
2. George protected me N2, therefore, mafia did not target me N2. Therefore, if they hit a BP it was not Seven.

Your claim that bessie is going after me puts me as top suspect doesn't hold as her tunnel has been a continuation from D1 when no night actions had occurred. It's really strange to me that you're forcing this narrative.
As already acknowledged, that it's for the n1 kill instead of the N2 requires more assumptions is in fact, my critique of it. Either way, we have a missing kill.

That you're the obvious answer if Bessie has night data on anyone as scum is you not thinking through the implications of your theory. If it was somebody else, it's completely illogical for Bessie to not move their tunnel.

There is absolutely nothing illogical about scum thinking they found otherscum during day phase and taking action against them at night. This doesn't necessarily mean their scummates were on board (after D1 anyway).

");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("

Seriously, think this through for two seconds Seven. What reason in hell does mafia-Bessie have to tunnel anybody other than their main SK suspect?

SK is their biggest threat and from their perspective SK flipping is vindication. That their main tunnel target is you and you were protected by a Mafia doc N2 is an indictment of your theory without a ton of supporting evidence.

");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("

Btw

@anyone mind answering this:
AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:03 pm System.out.println("

Question, people talked about Zeniba as a potential power wolf, how insightful is she as town? Or at least how insightful does she think she is?

I had a thought.");
");
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:22 am System.out.println("

Btw

Question, people talked about Zeniba as a potential power wolf, how insightful is she as town? Or at least how insightful does she think she is?

I had a thought.");
");
I think I’m the only one who has played with her much. I don’t think she thinks any particular way about her play. Why do you ask?
Seven (she, him, their)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
Seven wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:48 am
AdumbroDeus wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:22 am System.out.println("

Btw

I had a thought.");
");
I think I’m the only one who has played with her much. I don’t think she thinks any particular way about her play. Why do you ask?
Thinking about moody. Wondering if Zeniba's push on them was an attempt at being obtuse or a genuine scumread done in an obtuse way.

Alternatively, if EGW was legitimately scumhunting them based on Zeniba's presumed read in spite of lack of chat

Basically trying to figure out if we can be confident moody isn't Human.

");
bessie

Post by bessie »

Woof.

Thought I had today. Human scum team does not have chat, and/or they do not know all their members. Supporting this theory: (1) This is why both flipped humans were tunneling moody; they were trying to communicate with their partner(s). (2) Madge would think it is fun. Reason against this theory: Sabrar absolutely hated this mechanic when he was scum in Wheel of Time 2 Mafia.

Anyway, daily bark-up.

somitomi wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:55 am
bessie wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:09 am Then articulate it poorly. Why would getting more content out of George be anything but good for town?
It wouldn't be, that's the thing. Quite the opposite, getting more from any player is generally useful, that's basically why hammering is considered scummyby default. So pointing this out in response to Mak realising what they've done feels like you're trying to subtly sus Makhaira. Just insinuate that you don't think it was accidental without saying that. With the reveal that you thought EGW was the last human I'm kind of unsure what information you were hoping for and the iffiness gets a little more weight behind it.
My statement was a statement of fact. I feel that Mak hammering was accidental. Any snark was not necessarily intended, but not necessarily unintended, as snarkiness is my nature. And you forgot to thank Seven for jumping in and commenting on my question for you.

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:20 pm So, in looking at whether the loud mechanic has anything that stands out to it, I came across the basic role info on a scum doctor...
In Mafia hands, the Doctor role has an additional, unrelated effect: a Mafia Doctor kills without the use of a gun, and thus a Gunsmith will not see a gun when investigating a Mafia Doctor.

Are we overthinking what's going on?
Could EGW have used his Doctor role to kill BoomFrog? The target of Seven is where I get confused on whether this could work or not, because it says Seven was protected and EGW died. Is there a role that reflects the actin to whoever used it?
I like your thought process. There’s a possibility we are not interpreting the mechanics of the Human roles correctly.
Pre post edit: And I’m surprised only LaserGuy acknowledged this post. Interesting.

LaserGuy wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:35 pm Uh, okay, bessie is really obviously EGW's buddy.
Bookmarking this post! I may be referring back to it for years!

AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:56 pm That's a reasonable possibility, but I immediately thought of at least one other possibile reason. I'll wait til Bessie comments though, I'm interested in her rationale as well
Some reasons if would have been good to keep George talking, point of view is general.
1. If George is scum, we want him to post more content because analyzing his content could help in determining his partner(s).
2. If George is scum (or town), there may be hints as to what night results or night actions he and/or his team has performed.
3. Someone can’t (scum/town) slip if they’re not posting (I’m looking at all you low posters here).
4. George talks a lot and he pushes others to post. More content from George results in more content from everyone.
5. More content is always beneficial to TOWN. Content is most of what we have to hunt scum. Night results can be uncertain.

Seven wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:03 pm If they thought I was SK N2 they would have killed me.
Why?? It would be beneficial for mafia to have a serial killer in the game. A serial killer is not on town’s side. This is one of those basic misunderstandings that I don’t think you’re capable of and therefore you must be scum.

AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:04 pm She thinks you're perma-BP, is that common anymore? Would explain why she's obsessed with yeeting you.
Maybe I want him eliminated because he’s scum??

AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:35 pm Lol, poor glue, and specifically he seems, lets say happy, carefree, and a lover of life we should all emulate based on past play*

I could see him not noticing the three (I think) times it was discussed.

*Yes I am quoting Bessie there.
Hey at least put my quote in the proper context! Now we’re going to have Seven quoting you and using “my words” as an evidence of how scum!me is trying to manipulate Gluelock. Then LaserGuy and somitomi are going to follow him and start using it as a fact and it will be just like the mason thing.

AdumbroDeus wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:07 am That you're the obvious answer if Bessie has night data on anyone as scum is you not thinking through the implications of your theory. If it was somebody else, it's completely illogical for Bessie to not move their tunnel.;
I tried to expand my horizons and got sabotaged by Seven. And Seven is so scummy it’s making it hard to look elsewhere.

I don't know Trisscar well enough to comment on her thought process.
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

Gluelock wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:50 pm

@JC

You were one of the only people to vocally acknowledge a plot hole in my lie and call it out. That shows me you were paying attention in a way others might not have been. And I’m offended you’d refer to my shenanigans as crap, I figured you’d get a kick out of it all.
Why would I get a kick out of you doing something that doesn't feel like something you'd normally do -- judging from the game I've played with you before -- that I feel was a waste of time.

As far as having the same exposure, I don't see how you could say that when I didn't know about it until Somi explained it. You, on the other hand, quoted BF in your answer to me as to what you were doing before Somi posted that post, which is what prompted him to post it on the first place.

Very suspicious, when you also throw in the fact that Seven put an end to it on your behalf.
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

@bessie

Do you scum read seven as an omgus kinda thing or is there something more to it?
bessie wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:13 am Some reasons if would have been good to keep George talking, point of view is general.
1. If George is scum, we want him to post more content because analyzing his content could help in determining his partner(s).
2. If George is scum (or town), there may be hints as to what night results or night actions he and/or his team has performed.
3. Someone can’t (scum/town) slip if they’re not posting (I’m looking at all you low posters here).
4. George talks a lot and he pushes others to post. More content from George results in more content from everyone.
5. More content is always beneficial to TOWN. Content is most of what we have to hunt scum. Night results can be uncertain.
Also, in my mind you’re one of those low posters so this all just feels off to me.
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:41 am
Gluelock wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:50 pm

Why would I get a kick out of you doing something that doesn't feel like something you'd normally do -- judging from the game I've played with you before -- that I feel was a waste of time.

As far as having the same exposure, I don't see how you could say that when I didn't know about it until Somi explained it. You, on the other hand, quoted BF in your answer to me as to what you were doing before Somi posted that post, which is what prompted him to post it on the first place.

Very suspicious, when you also throw in the fact that Seven put an end to it on your behalf.
Okay, I think we’re talking about different things related to boomfrog. I facetiously quoted him about the quantum states thing because it was relevant but had no idea about the gambit term at the time. Somi later introduces that term which I then adopted shortly after. Aside from both involving boomfrog they’re otherwise unrelated.
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

@JC

I’m also unsure what exactly your claiming is very suspicious. Can you tell me more about what you mean and why?
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

bessie wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:13 am
Seven wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:03 pm If they thought I was SK N2 they would have killed me.
Why?? It would be beneficial for mafia to have a serial killer in the game. A serial killer is not on town’s side. This is one of those basic misunderstandings that I don’t think you’re capable of and therefore you must be scum.
What do you make of Adum’s argument that youd be gunning for SK
Seven (she, him, their)
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

It's giving me bad vibes.
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

EBWOP
Gluelock wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:58 am @JC

I’m also unsure what exactly your claiming is very suspicious. Can you tell me more about what you mean and why?
It's giving me bad vibes.