HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

What you're all really here for.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Re: HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

Post by Seven »

I agree that post from JC is towny. With that in mind, I think I might be coming around to the idea of an SK + 3. I think the SK may have a 1x BP. Which means bessie should know who the SK is.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
Seven wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:38 am
AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:56 am System.out.println("
Seven wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:55 am

Code: Select all

Evaluation Complete. 

Output:

Town (7): BoomFrog, Seven, GlueLock, Adumbrodeus, LaserGuy, somitomi, moody
Congruous Indy (1): heuristically_alone

Humans [unable to kill but typically town PRs](3): Zeniba, EGW, bessie
Dissenters [able to kill](2): Makhaira, JC
You can wait until you're finished your interactions here, but I wanna hear why you think Bessie is specifically human.

");
She could be either or, but her saying that we could have got more info from George seems like a perspective slip of knowing there was a remaining human.
That's a reasonable possibility, but I immediately thought of at least one other possibile reason. I'll wait til Bessie comments though, I'm interested in her rationale as well
Seven wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:37 am
bessie wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:19 am
Seven wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:30 am EGW wasn't town so what even point are you making.
Town EGW reevaluates and revises his reads. It would not have been suspicious for EGW to change his moody read, since it is something he could have believably done as town.
This is what Frozen said:
EGW kill makes no sense unless moody is the killer though I guess that could be an easy way to set the slot up given EGWs EOD final post
His point: EGW ended the day with suspicion on moody. EGW died. Therefore the kill points to moody.
Your point: George could have changed his read.

How is that relevant in any sense? He didn't change his read. He ended the day with suss on moody, therefore moody had incentive to kill him.

As an aside (because again it's not relevant): George would not have changed his read even when discussing it with you. He did in fact know that was going to be his last post as he posted after Mak hammered in the same style he did before the Trisscar flip. He was here, fully aware the Day was about to end. Additionally, I discussed it with him over night and could not convince him of town Moody.
I also think you're misunderstanding Bessie's point here but again, I'll wait on Bessie's.

");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
Seven wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:56 pm I agree that post from JC is towny. With that in mind, I think I might be coming around to the idea of an SK + 3. I think the SK may have a 1x BP. Which means bessie should know who the SK is.
If Bessie actually knows who the SK is, you're likely top of the list.");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("

Question, people talked about Zeniba as a potential power wolf, how insightful is she as town? Or at least how insightful does she think she is?

I had a thought.");
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:56 pm System.out.println("
Seven wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:38 am
AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:56 am System.out.println("

You can wait until you're finished your interactions here, but I wanna hear why you think Bessie is specifically human.

");
She could be either or, but her saying that we could have got more info from George seems like a perspective slip of knowing there was a remaining human.
That's a reasonable possibility, but I immediately thought of at least one other possibile reason. I'll wait til Bessie comments though, I'm interested in her rationale as well
Seven wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:37 am
bessie wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:19 am
Town EGW reevaluates and revises his reads. It would not have been suspicious for EGW to change his moody read, since it is something he could have believably done as town.
This is what Frozen said:
EGW kill makes no sense unless moody is the killer though I guess that could be an easy way to set the slot up given EGWs EOD final post
His point: EGW ended the day with suspicion on moody. EGW died. Therefore the kill points to moody.

How is that relevant in any sense? He didn't change his read. He ended the day with suss on moody, therefore moody had incentive to kill him.

As an aside (because again it's not relevant): George would not have changed his read even when discussing it with you. He did in fact know that was going to be his last post as he posted after Mak hammered in the same style he did before the Trisscar flip. He was here, fully aware the Day was about to end. Additionally, I discussed it with him over night and could not convince him of town Moody.
I also think you're misunderstanding Bessie's point here but again, I'll wait on Bessie's.

");
Just tell me mang
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:58 pm System.out.println("
Seven wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:56 pm I agree that post from JC is towny. With that in mind, I think I might be coming around to the idea of an SK + 3. I think the SK may have a 1x BP. Which means bessie should know who the SK is.
Nah. George protected me.
Seven (she, him, their)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
Seven wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:05 pm
Seven wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:38 am She could be either or, but her saying that we could have got more info from George seems like a perspective slip of knowing there was a remaining human.
Seven wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:37 am This is what Frozen said:

");
Just tell me mang
Nope, this is important to understanding both your thought processes and I don't want to give her an out if she can't come up with something.
Seven wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:10 pm
Why are you assuming this insight came from last night phase?

");
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:45 pm System.out.println("

");
Just tell me mang
Nope, this is important to understanding both your thought processes and I don't want to give her an out if she can't come up with something.
Seven wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:10 pm

");
If they thought I was SK N2 they would have killed me.
Seven (she, him, their)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.print("
Seven wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:03 pm
Just tell me mang
Seven wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:10 pm Nah. George protected me.

");
It's "Bessie" we're interested in in this scenario, not "they".

This scenario, being told by a failed NK due to a one shot SK BP, doesn't actually require them to interpret it the same way and the Doc power is EGW's alone.

This would require their NK failing for a different reason last night though. I don't think they butted heads so much that Bessie submitted a kill on EGW's protect.

Again, this is all assuming your scenario is correct that Bessie is human, humans are the sole mafia, and Bessie knows who the SK is, I simply don't see a better candidate for Bessie "knowing" is a SK.

");
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:26 pm System.out.print("

");

This scenario, being told by a failed NK due to a one shot SK BP, doesn't actually require them to interpret it the same way and the Doc power is EGW's alone.

This would require their NK failing for a different reason last night though. I don't think they butted heads so much that Bessie submitted a kill on EGW's protect.

Again, this is all assuming your scenario is correct that Bessie is human, humans are the sole mafia, and Bessie knows who the SK is, I simply don't see a better candidate for Bessie "knowing" is a SK.

");
I don’t really understand what you’re saying. You asked me it wasn’t night 1 then explained why it wasn’t night 1 (would have to be night 2 because of lack of scum kill last night).

Also really not sure what the heck you’re talking about as it being just bessie and not they.
Seven (she, him, their)
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

somitomi wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:55 am
Gluelock wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:39 am "Observation collapses quantum states."

- El mighty BoomFrog
My dude, you can't just make a handwave at BoomFrog and call it a BoomGambit, you have to draw some conclusions based on how people react. That's the whole point of the exercise
LaserGuy wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:39 pm
Gluelock wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:39 am
JC_DADDY25 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:23 pm What did you intend to gain from your counterclaim @Gluelock
JC_DADDY25 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:28 pm Oh, and what made you stop?
"Observation collapses quantum states."

- El mighty BoomFrog
I don't get this at all. Was this some sort of reaction test? Just for the lolz? I don't really feel like there's a scum motivation for this since it's so easily confirmable that it's kind of pointless and just draws attention to you, but I don't really get any sense of a townie motivation out of you for doing it. Just weird.
I'm not going to try and force info out of the interaction because it wasn't some big brain plan. It was primarily done "for the lolz", work was really boring that day.

Some take-aways that intrigued me though were:

1. Seven not intervening and allowing it to happen - This lines up with what I expected from her very 'choatic neutral' demeanor. This actually helps me feel better about Seven. They might be indy but I think they're just town having fun, I now confidently believe that she hasn't been killing anybody.

2. The people present in thread at the time, displayed intrigue and confusion as expected (Notably Adum and Mak). Adum wanting to verify with the mods about whats possible gave me a good chuckle too. I think that was a townie approach to trying to understand wtf was going on.

3. Somi and JC stood out as the most invested in actually solving the conundrum. I made a point earlier when casing EGW, that scum are usually more interested in certain things like secret plays (or boomgambits?). They tend to care more about knowing the whole story so they can make informed plays and blend in better. These two fit that description best in this scenario.

4. Laserguys reaction is the most interesting. Instead of outright refuting my counterclaim, he enters thread with possible solutions to explain why we both might be in the hood. I got the impression he and Seven had strategized about how to respond in hood chat. So when Seven later comes out and basically says "lol nah" I was a bit surprised.
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
Seven wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:36 pm
AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:26 pm System.out.print("

");
I don’t really understand what you’re saying. You asked me it wasn’t night 1 then explained why it wasn’t night 1 (would have to be night 2 because of lack of scum kill last night).

Also really not sure what the heck you’re talking about as it being just bessie and not they.
The lack of a scum kill both nights is a problem for ALL SK theories. This theory only explains one and not the other. Your answer doesn't explain why Bessie is tunneling you so hard and doesn't really seem that interested in other people if she as mafia knows the SK and it's NOT you.

What I'm suggesting requires a fair number of assumptions (the still missing mafia kill N2 was stopped some other way, EGW and Bessie butting heads heavily), but it's the version that matches her behavior.

She thinks you're perma-BP, is that common anymore? Would explain why she's obsessed with yeeting you.

Either way, I still doubt it. I think it's 3-2 ATM, but if you legitimately think this is what's happening, who else do you think Bessie might have pegged as SK?");
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Gluelock wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:57 pm
Gluelock wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:39 am "Observation collapses quantum states."

- El mighty BoomFrog
My dude, you can't just make a handwave at BoomFrog and call it a BoomGambit, you have to draw some conclusions based on how people react. That's the whole point of the exercise
Gluelock wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:39 am

"Observation collapses quantum states."

- El mighty BoomFrog
I don't get this at all. Was this some sort of reaction test? Just for the lolz? I don't really feel like there's a scum motivation for this since it's so easily confirmable that it's kind of pointless and just draws attention to you, but I don't really get any sense of a townie motivation out of you for doing it. Just weird.
I'm not going to try and force info out of the interaction because it wasn't some big brain plan. It was primarily done "for the lolz", work was really boring that day.

1. Seven not intervening and allowing it to happen - This lines up with what I expected from her very 'choatic neutral' demeanor. This actually helps me feel better about Seven. They might be indy but I think they're just town having fun, I now confidently believe that she hasn't been killing anybody.

2. The people present in thread at the time, displayed intrigue and confusion as expected (Notably Adum and Mak). Adum wanting to verify with the mods about whats possible gave me a good chuckle too. I think that was a townie approach to trying to understand wtf was going on.

3. Somi and JC stood out as the most invested in actually solving the conundrum. I made a point earlier when casing EGW, that scum are usually more interested in certain things like secret plays (or boomgambits?). They tend to care more about knowing the whole story so they can make informed plays and blend in better. These two fit that description best in this scenario.

4. Laserguys reaction is the most interesting. Instead of outright refuting my counterclaim, he enters thread with possible solutions to explain why we both might be in the hood. I got the impression he and Seven had strategized about how to respond in hood chat. So when Seven later comes out and basically says "lol nah" I was a bit surprised.
All chat is night chat. We don't get to use the 'hood until N3. Curious where this impression came from.

For the rest, I assumed you were telling the truth because it's a bonkers thing to counterclaim.
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

@Gluelock

What do you mean by boomgambit?
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:04 pm EGW and Bessie butting heads heavily
Wait... when was this? I just documented a dozen cases of EGW going out of his way to defend bessie.
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

Hey all my activity is going to be mostly limited to evenings for the rest of the days until deadline, I just got to Austin for the F1 races this weekend so Im going to be completely occupied at the event during the day Fri-Sun. Im gonna try to get caught up on the last few pages though tonight atleast before bed
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

LaserGuy wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:07 pm

All chat is night chat. We don't get to use the 'hood until N3. Curious where this impression came from.

For the rest, I assumed you were telling the truth because it's a bonkers thing to counterclaim.
I'm confused I guess, how did EGW and Seven have a conversation in 'hood chat then?
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

Where did I try to drive the conundrum?

Or are you talking about after you admitted you were lying?
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Gluelock wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:18 pm

I'm confused I guess, how did EGW and Seven have a conversation in 'hood chat then?
Seven neighborized EGW on N1, they chatted N2.
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:09 pm @Gluelock

What do you mean by boomgambit?
See this post from Somi:
somitomi wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:14 am EBWOP:misread who ninja'd me and bunged the quotes again. Proofread your posts, you fool...
JC_DADDY25 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:16 am
Wait, is that something that is unique to here?
I don't know how unique it is, but we call them BoomGambit because back on the OG forums Boomfrog had a streak of doing some off-the-wall thing on D1 (like using only the word "woof" in his posts) and then analysing people's reactions to that.
Anyway, my point is that if Gluelock did this to observe people's reactions or rule out some possibility (I assume this is what they meant by invoking the spirit of our Lord, BoomFrog), now is the time to share their conclusions, otherwise this was just a random diversion.
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:19 pm

Where did I try to drive the conundrum?

Or are you talking about after you admitted you were lying?
@JC

I was talking about around the time of this post:
JC_DADDY25 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:15 pm
Seven wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:59 pm
AdumbroDeus wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:54 pm System.out.println("

neighborizer doesn't give firm info so there's no reason to kill around it.

What it's useful for is if important revelations occur in the neighborhood.

You said everyone gets out in the same neighborhood, I'd like to ask your current neighbor a question.");
Chat is reset with each addition but anyone in the hood at that point can talk to one another
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

LaserGuy wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:20 pm
Gluelock wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:18 pm

Seven neighborized EGW on N1, they chatted N2.
Ah gotcha that makes sense actually. So what is this all chat is night chat thing?
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

madge wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:46 am 6. All chat is nightchat.
Nobody with chatting abilities can chat during the day phase.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Congratulations on getting the 'obviously not mafia' gold star.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
LaserGuy wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:12 pm
AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:04 pm EGW and Bessie butting heads heavily
Wait... when was this? I just documented a dozen cases of EGW going out of his way to defend bessie.
You missed the point I was making.

That was a hypothetical under Seven's 3 man mafia and SK scenario where Bessie knew the SK because she interpreted a failed NK.

I think the only possible scenario for that was that the NK was n1, and that she and EGW disagreed on whether the NK failed because they hit an SK, just based on her in thread behavior towards Seven.

To be clear, I highly doubt this is what happened but I'm entertaining Seven's scenario and trying to think through the potential implications.

");