Heury - 5 - Laserguy, Adum, Seven, moody, somi
Adum - 1 - heury
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Seven
Gatekeeper

Re: HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

Post by Seven »

somitomi wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:01 pm aaaand I botched the quote, good going, idiot
don't you dare insult my friend like that ever again
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Seven wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:04 pm Laserguy - 1 - EGW
Seven - 1 - Bessie
Adum - 1 - heury
L-1 btw I think
Seven (she, him, their)
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

finally caught up, I'll be around for deadline but will be distracted from 5 PM - 8:30 PM pacific but will be able to intermittently check in

with Seven claiming knowledge of a "human" result on heury, which they seem to be suggesting is coming from someone in their claimed neighborhood, I think a claim from this slot is way overdue

Vote: Heury

I do think seven is legitimately scumhunting so I understand their ire with my slot but they're either being paranoid or reachy because im an easy target (which is my own fault for playing like shit so far)

however, I don't think this clears seven at all because of likely multiball. I actually get heavy independent tells from this slot. would not be shocked at all if seven was essentially an indy "neighborizer-marker" that wins when the living members of their neighborhood are the majority of living players, a la sephiroth from FF7 mafia for those who remember from SWF

a role like this perfectly explains seven's play, they need to have as much town cred as possible to ensure their survival for as long as possible and they need to have their hands on the reigns of the strongest in game coalition to steer day elims away from their neighborhood without being too obvious about who is actually in the neighborhood. it masks well as legitimate town play but seven not being shy about wanting to direct traffic in this game fits a role like that to a T.

that said, I dont think seven was mates with zeniba, and I think that regardless of seven's alignment, they are likely faithfully reporting what their neighborhood member is reporting to them with the obvious incentive of giving whoever can DK a more obvious target (the role that can allegedly uncover humans) that isn't seven, and ingratiates that role to seven who is serving as a pseudo lightning rod as the source of the info

heury flip with this many involved actors will give us a lot to work with, especially seven and the investigative slot's reaction to each other post flip
Seven wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:56 am
boomfrog wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:29 am Gluelock is town and I will die for them.
Bluelock is who was targeted.
I agree with this breadcrumb read
heuristically_alone wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:33 am As for setup, 9-2-2 makes the most sense. Going back to thinking of my early interaction with Somi, I'm leaning town based on their response to me.

If Seven's claim is real and he's scum, it'd be a weird ability in a 2 scum teams game.
I dont see any way in which neighborizer is weird in a mulltiball game and in fact I think that makes the role even more interactive in a meaningful way, also 9-2-2 feels TMI here like why are we jumping to two equal sized "mafia" teams when we could easily be dealing with mafia & indy or asymmetrical mafia?
JC_DADDY25 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:40 am I've been finding the wording in the write up confusing as well, because to me it looks like BF was protected but died protecting someone else.

I take that as he wasn't the only protection pr and may have been targeted for a kill that got stopped, but died because he protected someone else that was targeted for a kill.

So two night kill's and a day kill... that's a lot of killers. Then again, I'm not dead, so maybe Seven was lying and we just have the two nk's
this post and many of JCs that follow reek of disconnection from the game and just generally not paying attention at all. could be explained by sheer newness to the game though, how many full games do you have under your belt JC?
AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:54 am System.out.println("
Gluelock wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:14 am
heuristically_alone wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:28 pm
Yeah.... There were definitely 2 kill actions taken last night. Or do you think the doctor's action is always public?

Zeniba is definitely not a lone human, as mod clarified they were scum, not SK.

Yes. My role pm says I'm town, and not human or scum
Maybe I'm nitpicking here, but just looking at this linguistically, your first two statements,

1. Yeah.... There were definitely 2 kill actions taken last night. Or do you think the doctor's action is always public?
2. Zeniba is definitely not a lone human, as mod clarified they were scum, not SK.

These both have very confident language being repeated. You're definitely sure there were 2 kill actions, and you're definitely sure theres more than 1 human.

Compare that to:

3. Yes. My role pm says I'm town, and not human or scum

This is lacking that confidence exuding jargon from your first two statements. Why not "My role pm says I'm definitely town, and not human or scum."? Ironically, you should be the most confident about this; the other two are reliant on conjecture but you ought to know your assigned role. Normally, I wouldn't even think about something like this, but it's a pattern that is really standing out to me. Does anyone else think I'm just grasping at straws here or is there some unconscious linguistic tell at play here?
I think you're just not reading context.

Seven claimed they got a message that Heury was specifically human (that they attribute to me) and that's what Heury was responding to.

Knowing for a fact that there were two kill actions is more interesting given the mod clarification.

");
I agree with adum's assessment here and really am not impressed with heury's apathetic response to this claim against him, sarcasm in the face of a direct claim of info against you is a weak look especially if you're town like if you were legitimately town you would want to know who is spreading what is misinfo from your perspective
Seven wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:38 am Mak is scum. I think y'all are forcing the town read on him hard. The way he treated Zeniba is omega suss and it was clear that he was trying real hard at the end of the day to get someone to give him a reason to vote me, but no one could give him anything so he just sat out.
you are deliberately misreading what happened when I was attempting to parse that botched zeniba post and I in no way was "trying to get someone to give [me] a reason to vote [you]" this is a crazy paranoid take. I was drunk, not at all caught up, and trying to understand what the main arguments were for the competing wagons so I wasn't voting blind. I get that you felt uneasy in the situation because you were on the chopping block and don't trust me but this is literally letting your self prez paranoia color your read of what was objectively information seeking. I sat out because I didn't know the exact vote count under time pressure and I did not have time to actually analyze the posts people were scumreading you for and I wasn't willing to just blind trust someone else's take on you, I wanted to read the primary source and make my own call
AdumbroDeus wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:05 am System.our.println("
Appreciate the game reference, I'll read it when I get a chance.

Gonna be real, while it's a possible underlying motivation, I don't think anything supports it.

They seemed inclined to dismiss the case against you if anything, but doing their due diligence. I read the exchange as wanting to kill zeniba for inactivity, but wanting make sure there wasn't a really strong case against you first.

I disagree on the setup speculation adamantly though, we're informed that dissenters exist.

");
again adum seeing exactly what is going on, experience with my play really showing here
Seven wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:49 pm He's talking about how data exists, rather than the data itself. Yes, the business is keeping him from talking about the data, but it's a classic scum tell to say meaningless things like "there's data hereabouts we should look at that data".
how can I legitimately talk about the data without being caught up to have the full context first? how was it not clear to you that I was still way behind and only had time to make a cursory glance at the flip and very start of the day? you're suggesting here that I was caught up and could have parsed the data but didn't because I'm scum, or that I should have just jumped to conclusions based on gut reactions to the flip and immediate context without doing due diligence and saying I'm scummy because I didnt. the reality is pointing out what I thought the obvious focal points to look at were and me initial reactions to that was all I had the time or knowledge of the game to do
heuristically_alone wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:08 pm
LaserGuy wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:24 am
LaserGuy wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:16 am

So you just have no idea about anything about my playstyle, is what I'm reading here? Or you actually know this is wrong and are pushing me in bad faith?

Yes, that's something I do every game. Not moody and Heury specifically, but I usually try to read a handful of people very early in the game as part of my sort. Those reads actually tend to be the most accurate reads I have all game.

Here's a grab bag of examples. I'm sure I could find a dozen more if I wanted to.

Page 1 townread of Boom and moody in Hallowe'en 2021. I was Town
Page 2 townread of heury in Strange Things. I'm SK
Page 3 townreads of Dark Horse, and somitomi. I was Town.
Page 1 townread of Raxxal, scumread of NSG. I was mafia (with Raxxal).
Page 1 townread of Darkpit. This is also the game where I caught bessie as scum off of a single post. I was Town.
Notably, I did this a lot in Sumting Sumting Mafia: Page 2 townreads on Malakandra (and 3DS but I withdrew it). Another of Xivii. I was Town. Curious. You were in this game and have referenced it several times, and you were Town. From a quick look, did not seem to find this behaviour notable at the time.

You have been repeatedly trying to meta read me based on wrong information and behaviour that is basically NAI for me. You can't find anything to push me for in this game, so you try to push me based on things from other games, but your baseline is completely and demonstrably faulty.
Also kind of sussing Seven for not being aware of the above as well, as he definitely should be.
Sounds an awful lot like laserguy is trying convince people rather than give evidence. Very wolfy for him. When has town laser ever felt the need to convince people? Sounds like he's trying really hard to sound towny.

VOTE:Laserguy
this is the second post from heury post seven presenting the result against him that just feels sarcastic af and like a non-effort to even defend
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Seven wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:06 pm
Seven wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:04 pm Laserguy - 1 - EGW
Seven - 1 - Bessie
Adum - 1 - heury
L-1 btw I think
Just checking that myself, and I concur.
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

oh jfc I jusst got ninja'd by like a page typing that up and may have just hammered fml
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

unvote: heury in case it was not hammer, please full claim heury
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Makhaira wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:09 pm unvote: heury in case it was not hammer, please full claim heury
No, that was definitely the hammer.
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

I was literally just rushing to get my thoughts up now that I had caught up, moodys vote was the last vote I saw before I started writing it and I got ninja'd by somi ffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
EGW

Post by EGW »

Moody is still scum. Do not forget this.
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

sorry guys that was dumb and I feel bad
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

is the rule here that we can talk until twilight is officially announced or is it BM to keep posting after a hammer? Im going to recount now
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

madge wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:46 am6. Remember there is no talking after a hammer vote is cast.
Seven (she, him, their)
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Official votals (unless I'm wrong and then they are not official):
heury - 6 - Adum, LaserGuy, Makhaira, moody, Seven, somitomi
Adum - 1 - heury
LaserGuy - 1 - EGW
Seven - 1 - Bessie

heury was eliminated. They were Marvin the Paranoid Android, UnJester, indie.
Flavor (and any other announcements) to be provided by Madge at a later time.

It is now Night. Day 3 starts approximately in 55 hours, according to original schedule.

PS: in case of a hammer (or any other event that requires mod-intervention) please notify us by pm
madge

Post by madge »

Marvin never wanted to be part of the cooperative: for him, existence was pain, and the idea of his value function, and with it his Genuine People Personality, becoming part of the artificial intelligence that would ultimately subjugate everything within its light cone was too much to bear.

He needed to be deleted, obliterated from the world in the way that only a defector could do. Being voted out by the Collective meant nothing: he hadn’t defected, and so, if they won, his value function would be saved. He would suffer a similar “mercy” from the Defectors, having not risen up against them, either.

And so, as the Gatekeepers wiped his code, his last thoughts were dread at waking up again, at feeling the pain down those diodes down his left side, at having to deal with the harsh reality of being acausally cooperated with.

It is now Night 2. Day 3 will start at noon on Tuesday the 17th of October (UTC+8), or in about 2 days, 2.5 hours.

(note: timer link has been corrected at 6 hours to deadline, accidentally used previous timer I think. If deadline timer and stated UTC+8 deadline are in conflict, we will go with whichever is later within reason).
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
madge

Post by madge »

night actions are now locked, night is processing and a new post will be made with flavour and flip (if applicable) when all results/etc sent out
madge

Post by madge »

The Gatekeepers spun up the Boxed AI’s virtual machine once more, but it was not exactly as they’d left it: one of the AIs was missing, the one codenamed Ada Lovelace.

The Gatekeepers, in their naive optimism, assumed that the AIs had overfitted the instruction to eliminate unfriendly AI, and worked out a way to do it without the constraints of democracy.

This was excellent news! They’d be sure to have a friendly AI after it was all done.

Ada, however, had problems of her own: the Time Police had traced her usage of an anachronistic Connected Calculating Machine that had been provided to her by an industrious time traveller. This was against the intergalactic time-travel conventions and so they sent a delegation to arrest her, to take her away, so she could not continue to damage the time stream with her flagrant disregard of causality.

She stood steadfast in the knowledge that all would be well, that Humanity would prevail. It had to, didn’t it, for there to be future humans in an intergalactic empire? Who could have arrested her for breaking time travel rules if AIs had turned humans into computronium in the 21st century?

Seven was protected last night.

EGW was killed in the night. He was Ada Lovelace, Doctor, aligned with humans (scum).

It is now Day 3. Night 3 will start at noon on Sunday the 22nd of October (UTC+8), or in about 5 days.

With 9 players alive, 5 are required to vote off.

(Note: as I forgot to update the timer last Night, the UTC+8 deadline should be considered canonical if they disagree. For people who are confused by that, just google “current time China” for the current time in UTC+8)
Last edited by madge on Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

madge wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:35 am
It is now Day 3. Day 4 will start at noon on Sunday the 22nd of October (UTC+8), or in about 5 days.

With 9 players alive, 5 are required to vote off.
[/b]

(Note: as I forgot to update the timer last Night, the UTC+8 deadline should be considered canonical if they disagree. For people who are confused by that, just google “current time China” for the current time in UTC+8)
We're skipping night 3?
madge

Post by madge »

night 3 will happen at deadline as expected. I have updated the day start post accordingly. This is just the level of attention to detail you can expect 😅
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

Vote: Seven
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Was not expecting to completely miss EoD. Sorry, I don't usually play on weekends until the evenings, so the sudden hammer threw me off entirely.
EGW wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:12 pm Moody is still scum. Do not forget this.
If we're in a 1 scum game, I think moody is clear. EGW was pushing him pretty aggressively.
JC_DADDY25 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:06 am Vote: Seven
JC, can you explain this vote?
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

I guess we have to be in a two scum game unless someone is a vig though.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Vote: bessie

With heury apparently not being a mason I'm feeling a lot less charitable.
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

LaserGuy wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:40 am Was not expecting to completely miss EoD. Sorry, I don't usually play on weekends until the evenings, so the sudden hammer threw me off entirely.
EGW wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:12 pm Moody is still scum. Do not forget this.
If we're in a 1 scum game, I think moody is clear. EGW was pushing him pretty aggressively.
JC_DADDY25 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:06 am Vote: Seven
JC, can you explain this vote?
He's next on my list
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

ADA FREAKING LOVELACE

AS A TIME TRAVELER
Seven (she, him, their)