HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

What you're all really here for.
AdumbroDeus

Re: HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
Seven wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:03 am
AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:55 pm System.out.println("

Also @Seven has claimed but still hasn't confirmed who they neighborized last night.

");
Why are you interested?
Given you already claimed and it's not an investigative role of some kind, I don't see much utility in keeping it quiet versus confirming your role.
Seven wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:14 am
somitomi wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:42 pm
Gluelock wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:14 am This is lacking that confidence exuding jargon from your first two statements. Why not "My role pm says I'm definitely town, and not human or scum."? Ironically, you should be the most confident about this; the other two are reliant on conjecture but you ought to know your assigned role. Normally, I wouldn't even think about something like this, but it's a pattern that is really standing out to me. Does anyone else think I'm just grasping at straws here or is there some unconscious linguistic tell at play here?
I think this is just some linguistic quirk, the third statement is a fact so there's little need to indicate confidence there, while the first two are inferences that are usually accompanied by language indicating how sure the speaker is about them.
Yes, this.

Also @Adum, heury can only be scum if bessie is scum. You think bessie is town, so I don't think it's reasonable to think heury is scum. I suppose there is the option where bessie has a strong reason to believe heury is town rather than him being confirmed, but regardless, it's odd that you're ignoring the bessie side of the equation.
I think you might be overreading what you think are Bessie BCs like you did mine, for the moment I just think she's wrong like I think she's wrong on you.

If she claims Masons or some other reason to know for sure then we'll address it then. We also should get an updated woof/Grrr list from them because I don't know where her head is at toDay, she's only made one serious post.

");
madge

Post by madge »

Votals:
moody - 1 - EGW
Seven - 1 - Bessie
Makhaira - 1 - Seven
Heury - 1 - Laserguy

Mak has been modprodded.

With 11 players alive, it's 6 to vote off.

In case of a tie at the end of the day, the player who reached the tied votals first will be voted off.

Night 2 will start at in about 2 days, 3 hours.
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Partial reads list, other players are the ones I think I can get a better look post-by-post:

LaserGuy: Much to EGW's annoyance, I am keeping him at towncore. If POE demands a review of that, I'll run through him then

bessie: In spite of the hangover from Seven's anti-bessie screed that they've since backed off of, I'm still townie reading her. Her reaction D1 felt like righteous anger, and if she is town and feels I owe her a big bag of kibble after the game, I will gladly pay up.

Gluelock: Mechanics of the flavor seen at dawn plus BF's declaration would lean to clearing him

Seven: Despite the annoying playstyle, the face conf town BF went to bat in leading a counter wagon to save them is in Seven's favor (multiball complicates this, but I am not convinced we are in that setup)

EGW: Gadfly style is what I see all the time from him, so NAI. Fervently anti-Seven D1 (CV says distancing), vote on me D2 because I was wobbly in my bessie read not unreasonable. Neutral
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

You know, we might actually be dealing with a full scum team here.

Mak-Laser-Trisscar.

Mak is scum. I think y'all are forcing the town read on him hard. The way he treated Zeniba is omega suss and it was clear that he was trying real hard at the end of the day to get someone to give him a reason to vote me, but no one could give him anything so he just sat out.

Laser has had terrible reasons for concluding Mak and Trisscar to be town. Mak because "he misread the town flavor as indy" and Trisscar because "Fred replaced out". The first is a super stretch and while I initially thought that Adum and Laser were talking past each other in their back and forth on it, I think I actually just put words in Laser's mouth that he was able to use as a get out of jail free card. The reasoning is actually a gigantic stretch and he probably didn't actually mean that he understood Frozen's post as a joke.

With regard to the Trisscar reasoning, I mentioned yesterday that I disagreed and that Fred was likely to sub out as a wolf. Fred had a hard time wolfing in millirizer mafia. Didn't enjoy it as much as town so he had a good chance of being a RWSTFO. I don't think anyone who read Millerizer should have thought his sub out increased his odds of being town. This is a negative point for heury too.

Yeah so Laser is super weird. Heury is weird for sheeping this read.

On Mak, I feel if Fonti was here, she would see it too. It's the same as scum Frozen in this game.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Cop may just be just that and nothing more. Ive seen mafia cops that are just redherrings that punish town for thinking they can clear people from claims. Anti-mass claim mechanic, that is.

The fact that we have a doctor and a body guard though does indicate that we have some extra kill power in the works. I’m thinking possible SK (George) aiming for Blue, while maf gunned for the big bad boom.
Seven (she, him, their)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.our.println("
Seven wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:38 am You know, we might actually be dealing with a full scum team here.

Mak-Laser-Trisscar.

Mak is scum. I think y'all are forcing the town read on him hard. The way he treated Zeniba is omega suss and it was clear that he was trying real hard at the end of the day to get someone to give him a reason to vote me, but no one could give him anything so he just sat out.

Laser has had terrible reasons for concluding Mak and Trisscar to be town. Mak because "he misread the town flavor as indy" and Trisscar because "Fred replaced out". The first is a super stretch and while I initially thought that Adum and Laser were talking past each other in their back and forth on it, I think I actually just put words in Laser's mouth that he was able to use as a get out of jail free card. The reasoning is actually a gigantic stretch and he probably didn't actually mean that he understood Frozen's post as a joke.

With regard to the Trisscar reasoning, I mentioned yesterday that I disagreed and that Fred was likely to sub out as a wolf. Fred had a hard time wolfing in millirizer mafia. Didn't enjoy it as much as town so he had a good chance of being a RWSTFO. I don't think anyone who read Millerizer should have thought his sub out increased his odds of being town. This is a negative point for heury too.

On Mak, I feel if Fonti was here, she would see it too. It's the same as scum Frozen in this game.
Appreciate the game reference, I'll read it when I get a chance.

Gonna be real, while it's a possible underlying motivation, I don't think anything supports it.

They seemed inclined to dismiss the case against you if anything, but doing their due diligence. I read the exchange as wanting to kill zeniba for inactivity, but wanting make sure there wasn't a really strong case against you first.

I disagree on the setup speculation adamantly though, we're informed that dissenters exist.

");
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:05 am System.our.println("
Seven wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:38 am You know, we might actually be dealing with a full scum team here.

Mak-Laser-Trisscar.

Appreciate the game reference, I'll read it when I get a chance.

Gonna be real, while it's a possible underlying motivation, I don't think anything supports it.

They seemed inclined to dismiss the case against you if anything, but doing their due diligence. I read the exchange as wanting to kill zeniba for inactivity, but wanting make sure there wasn't a really strong case against you first.

I disagree on the setup speculation adamantly though, we're informed that dissenters exist.

");
No reason the dissenters and human have to be separate.
Seven (she, him, their)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("

Technically it's possible that it's a misdirection and the "dissenters" are all actually humans or the like, but I really don't see it at this juncture. The setup seems designed around multiple mafia with the misdirection being the assumption that the dissenters are the only enemy group

If you're right, I don't think we have enough information yet.");
bessie

Post by bessie »

Baily bark! Most important things first:
AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:20 am So far so good, she's resting now. I ended up calling out of my first shift of work to take care of her and my BF left work early.

He's with her and I'm here now.
Very good to hear!

AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:43 am I thought BF was my frog :(
AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:55 am Also, I promise I'm not dating Boomfrog");
Hmmm... Your conflicting content has been noted. :mrgreen:

Seven wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:56 am
AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:54 am System.out.println("
Seven wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:29 am I keep reading BF as BoomFrog.

bessie is town
I agree but, what changed your mind?

Inb4: "adum is too well informed"

");
It was just a thought experiment, essentially.
Can you explain your meaning? Do you mean you never thought I was scum and your content thus far was a thought experiment? Or do you mean that after much thought, you no longer believe I am scum?

Seven wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:11 am Mak: Again, misreading Zeniba's moody quotes as Zeniba's thoughts.
I also misread this at first. I really had to dig through it because I thought she had combined her own reads with the quotes.

Seven wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:48 am I swear I've seen these three lines before (in another game), but I can't remember where.
I don’t have time to dig for it but maybe the cat thing was from here: https://smashboards.com/threads/wams-ch ... ad.512648/

And heury’s handsomeness has been well established in this forum. 8-)

LaserGuy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:05 pm You think that the heury/bessie stuff was all just coincidence?
To what heury/bessie stuff are you referring?

LaserGuy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:47 pm
bessie wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:43 am Daily bark grr.

Setup note: The filp was Zeniba was scum, mafia. She could be indie, with would fit with the flavor.
It would be very weird for them to have Zeniba as 'mafia' and indie. I feel like this would be intentionally deceptive by the mods to phrase it this way, and it's a little disturbing to me that you would think this is a possibility.
Sorry that’s a typo. Zeniba flipped scum, not mafia. I know that I am always careful to distinguish when I mean mafia or indie, or I sometimes use scum interchangeably with non-town to refer to any non-town alignment. But not everyone else does. I’m saying my reading of the flip was that Zeniba was non-town.

Interesting how you didn’t catch my typo, and also how you mistakenly believed Zeniba flipped mafia. It’s as if you didn’t even read the flip. I wonder why you wouldn’t hmmmm...

Flip for reference: viewtopic.php?p=52329#p52329

LaserGuy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:47 pm That's true. I think the situation there was more complicated (last minute elim scramble after a PR claim or something). I seem to recall from reading the scumchat afterward that Hari was quite vexed about having to do it.
Your defense of Seven is noted.

AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:57 pm Too early for an elim wagon outside of a solved game, cause wagons that lose momentum tend to dissipate because of recency bias (though if I'm historically wrong on this forum, people can feel free to correct me, also I'm borrowing a lot of people's useful words this game). Plus I'd like Bessie here when we start seriously gunning for Heury for rather obvious reasons and weekends are better for her.

I'm thinking Saturday. Plenty of time to make it happen, but probably not long enough for it to randomly dissipate.
I will be out until about noon on Saturday (California), after which I plan on being home. If I am calculating deadline correctly, it is at 9pm my time.

somitomi wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:42 pm
bessie wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:43 am If you are town, this repetitive speculation of my role is not advantageous to town. But I think you are not town, and you are rolefishing, and you are trying to cause confusion as to my role in the thread by implying that either I claimed this, or that you somehow otherwise know it.
Why is it thinking about the rather obvious link between you and heury not advantageous to town?
This is for somitomi only. Describe in your own words my link with heury. Since it is so obvious to you, it should be easy for you to make a case.

AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:55 pm Also @Seven has claimed but still hasn't confirmed who they neighborized last night.
Perhaps because HE’S LYING???

Seven wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:14 am Also @Adum, heury can only be scum if bessie is scum. You think bessie is town, so I don't think it's reasonable to think heury is scum. I suppose there is the option where bessie has a strong reason to believe heury is town rather than him being confirmed, but regardless, it's odd that you're ignoring the bessie side of the equation.
Just noting this for now.

AdumbroDeus wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:24 am If she claims Masons or some other reason to know for sure then we'll address it then. We also should get an updated woof/Grrr list from them because I don't know where her head is at toDay, she's only made one serious post.
Not true. I made two serious posts. And the first was the most serious.
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

ive been prodded, work kicking my ass this week but I have half day off tomorrow so Ill be able to catch up, by saturday and then be able to be live for atleast a day before deadline

zeniba's flip as scum cop says this is multiball to me unless we've confirmed from mod that cop can include role cop or something similar

all the vote movement at EOD tho is gonna be good data given likely multiball and multiple TMI groups
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
bessie wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:56 am Baily bark! Most important things first:
AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:20 am So far so good, she's resting now. I ended up calling out of my first shift of work to take care of her and my BF left work early.

He's with her and I'm here now.
Very good to hear!
Thank you! She seems much better today.
AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:43 am I thought BF was my frog :(
AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:55 am Also, I promise I'm not dating Boomfrog");
Hmmm... Your conflicting content has been noted. :mrgreen:
If my bf is secretly boomfrog and pretending not to know Mafia when I was explaining it to him...

LaserGuy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:47 pm
bessie wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:43 am Daily bark grr.

Setup note: The filp was Zeniba was scum, mafia. She could be indie, with would fit with the flavor.
It would be very weird for them to have Zeniba as 'mafia' and indie. I feel like this would be intentionally deceptive by the mods to phrase it this way, and it's a little disturbing to me that you would think this is a possibility.
Sorry that’s a typo. Zeniba flipped scum, not mafia. I know that I am always careful to distinguish when I mean mafia or indie, or I sometimes use scum interchangeably with non-town to refer to any non-town alignment. But not everyone else does. I’m saying my reading of the flip was that Zeniba was non-town.

Interesting how you didn’t catch my typo, and also how you mistakenly believed Zeniba flipped mafia. It’s as if you didn’t even read the flip. I wonder why you wouldn’t hmmmm...

Flip for reference: viewtopic.php?p=52329#p52329
Firstly, it's "humans", not "human". I'm reading "humans" as a Mafia faction name.

Memory issues can happen to anyone, but it seems odd for laser to not double check a scumlean's description of a flip.

AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:57 pm Too early for an elim wagon outside of a solved game, cause wagons that lose momentum tend to dissipate because of recency bias (though if I'm historically wrong on this forum, people can feel free to correct me, also I'm borrowing a lot of people's useful words this game). Plus I'd like Bessie here when we start seriously gunning for Heury for rather obvious reasons and weekends are better for her.

I'm thinking Saturday. Plenty of time to make it happen, but probably not long enough for it to randomly dissipate.
I will be out until about noon on Saturday (California), after which I plan on being home. If I am calculating deadline correctly, it is at 9pm my time.
Thanks Bessie

AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:55 pm Also @Seven has claimed but still hasn't confirmed who they neighborized last night.
Perhaps because HE’S LYING???
The reluctance to claim a target doesn't sit right with me. Especially since it's a trivial role to confirm and doesn't give a lot of info for mass-claims.

AdumbroDeus wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:24 am If she claims Masons or some other reason to know for sure then we'll address it then. We also should get an updated woof/Grrr list from them because I don't know where her head is at toDay, she's only made one serious post.
Not true. I made two serious posts. And the first was the most serious.
That's fair, I meant with substantial content though like these bark-ups. My apologies for not clarifying.

Would appreciate a woof-grrr list though.

");
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Vote: Laser

@ran let’s consolidate
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Me every time I see an Adumbrodeus post: https://youtu.be/cVikZ8Oe_XA?si=CpG9k7c4ikCG6JNq
Seven (she, him, their)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
Makhaira wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:09 am ive been prodded, work kicking my ass this week but I have half day off tomorrow so Ill be able to catch up, by saturday and then be able to be live for atleast a day before deadline

zeniba's flip as scum cop says this is multiball to me unless we've confirmed from mod that cop can include role cop or something similar

all the vote movement at EOD tho is gonna be good data given likely multiball and multiple TMI groups
I mean it's something, but I've been waiting on to start with the fire! This is super surface level dude.

");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
Seven wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:51 am Me every time I see an Adumbrodeus post: https://youtu.be/cVikZ8Oe_XA?si=CpG9k7c4ikCG6JNq
Lol, I'll take that as a good thing");
EGW

Post by EGW »

Seven wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:49 am Vote: Laser

@ran let’s consolidate
Unvote; Vote: LaserGuy
EGW

Post by EGW »

Seven wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:44 pm
EGW wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:24 pm I'm going to a piano lesson
833.jpeg
I hope you enjoy the irony in that.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Seven, in addition to your points on LaserGuy, he also has premature town reads on Heury and Moody on page 2, and his pushes on Bessie and myself are not convincing. He's not trying to convince people.
EGW

Post by EGW »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:15 pm System.out.println("
EGW wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:24 pm Also, full reads list. I'm going to a piano lesson, will talk more when I am back.
Not alone as a pianist!");
8-) I hope to actually get average at it at least, I'm a beginner.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("

I need to rethink Seven, him changing his setup theory than immediately flipping onto a townlean is odd. So is the reluctance to give their target for an already claimed role that has little use in mass claims.

EGW flipping onto laserguy makes sense since they've been suspicious of them since last game day.

");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
EGW wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:41 am
AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:15 pm System.out.println("
EGW wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:24 pm Also, full reads list. I'm going to a piano lesson, will talk more when I am back.
Not alone as a pianist!");
8-) I hope to actually get average at it at least, I'm a beginner.
Everyone who plays is a pianist! But always important to improve, maybe we can play sometime!");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("

And to be clear the specific issue is that it seems weird to so suddenly and strongly flip on setup speculation that you'd lynch a town lean when in your mind you were just wrong about the setup.

Tbf, they were initially gunning for Mak which was in both their setup theories and most people showed little interest.

");
madge

Post by madge »

Votals:
Laserguy - 2 - EGW, Seven
Seven - 1 - Bessie
Heury - 1 - Laserguy

In case of a tie at the end of the day, the player who reached the tied votals first will be voted off.

Night 2 will start at in about 1 days, 5.5 hours.
Last edited by madge on Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.our.println("

I find it interesting that it's been over 24 hours since Heury posted right after I proposed my plan for lynching them and got laser seemingly onboard with the lynch. They're usually not super proflific posters but haven't gone more than a day without posting and I've seen them on the forum active list since then.

Tbf they could be using other sections of the site, I'm not risking an unspoiled memorial thread search to verify.");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
madge wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:36 pm
Votals:
Seven - 1 - Bessie
Makhaira - 1 - Seven
Heury - 1 - Laserguy
Laserguy - 1 - EGW

Night 2 will start at in about 1 days, 5.5 hours.
Seven moved their vote to laserguy.");