Gojoe Memorial Mafia Thread

What you're all really here for.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Re: Gojoe Memorial Mafia Thread

Post by Seven »

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
boomfrog wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:05 pm I am at a convention with my daughter so you guys are lucky you get any time, but I need to avert this train wreck. I've read to here for reference. So fast and furious for you:

Adum
Let's start with Adum since he's the lynch pin. Seven's case and concern are spot on. Adum did the same thing with me where he confidentially town read me when he should have scum read me. My case against him was presented in an intentionally unpersuasive way, him still finding me townie there felt very tmi.

I didn't bring this up because I wanted him to keep spewing who else is town and he's done that with seven and egw. Also, I might be wrong and then he's an amazing asset to town.

The solution isn't to eliminate him toDay. We proclaim doom on him. If we don't catch scum before D3 we yeet him. Especially if Seven and I are eliminated by then. This gets the best of both worlds. Maybe we yeet him D2 but not D1.

Whether he is town or scum his hard town reads are very likely town. Let's take that and run with it.

Seven
@EGW: There's is 100% no chance that Seven and Adum are buddies. Seven's case against Adum is the only possible weakness wolf!Adum has in his play. There is no way Seven brings it up when no one else has expressed concern. Throw out all theories that require them to be buddies.

That said, Seven has had two townie moves. One is town reading me for my memory lapse. Scum!Seven could have saved that in his back pocket for later since it looked superficially scummy. His other is claiming the "townslip" about Moody. He thinks he's right (more on that later), but regardless he thinks it's legit. Scum!Seven wouldn't want to give Moody a free confirmed townie card if Moody is town. And scum!Seven wouldn't try to pass off scumbuddy!Moody as town on a slip that he expects me to challenge him on.

EGW
@Seven: You are biased because you scum read him so early but then never rectified in thread so you just confirmation biased the whole game day. He really was holding back because he was advised to, and besides breaking his townie meta it's been good for letting other's show their thoughts.

Anyway, there's no way egw and Adum are scum buddies. Egw's attack is too serious and egw doesn't like to try scum theater. Look at Adum's response to the attack, he's doing the same thing where he does mental backflips to keep town reading egw. That's tmi, not scum theater.

Also, I know I can't find the reference but I saw egws read of you change organically. He's really scum hunting.

Bessie
@Seven: How did you miss the part in NNY where she still didn't actually vote for PW?!? And you skipped her mentioning it in her response when you summarized the issue. This is 100% the behavior she is saying she would follow in a similar hypothetical with Somi in this game. Step back and accept you are wrong about this case.

Then after you have accepted that, think about my case that if she was scum she couldn't be confident there isn't a situation she would vote Somi. Scum have more reason to manipulate a vote. Her attitude is actually a townie perspective

Out of time. Good luck. I'll be back before deadline.
Boom do you take drugs like NZT-48 or something? How are you so smart? Thank you for steering things in the right direction.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Also LOVE the flip flavor
Seven (she, him, their)
madge

Post by madge »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:47 am
Halloween

So I interpreted the flavor backwards because mine was subtle about it and I have an AI that wouldn't be considered evil by humans and the OP doesn't suggest it.

But with the flip and a careful reread I'm realizing that it's the opposite. The human aligned AI ARE the Mafia. At least one of them. Which might play weird tomorrow.

I'm noting the cop flip. I'm also gonna say, I wish the role and alignment were colored together. I'm unfamiliar with the character and wasn't sure if cop was part of the name or the role initially.

And I think it's pretty awesome that the consensus lynch I convinced people to flip onto as a Seven alternative turned out to be scum.
Halloween (adum may read)
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Don't say I don't respond to feedback :P
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
madge

Post by madge »

Seven wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:49 am Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Also LOVE the flip flavor
Halloween (Seven may read)
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Thanks :) I was fully expecting you to flip but I had no flavour in mind. So when I got on and saw that the tides had turned I was glad that the flavour just came out of my brain and onto the page.
Freddino18
Hey @Sniper can I have a role?

Post by Freddino18 »

I'm not reading all 38 pages but dying on D1 is not the luck I wished upon Zen
Old Bruce wrote:Mighty Morphine Power Ranger
Jplus wrote:Was that a response to penis or to tree?
Diana's boytoy.
Hey @Sniper can I have a sig too?
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Zeniba flipping scum does not look great for me. Not going to use any action tonight. Maybe I just need to sheep a solid town for day 2;
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

madge wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:52 am
AdumbroDeus wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:47 am
Halloween

So I interpreted the flavor backwards because mine was subtle about it and I have an AI that wouldn't be considered evil by humans and the OP doesn't suggest it.

But with the flip and a careful reread I'm realizing that it's the opposite. The human aligned AI ARE the Mafia. At least one of them. Which might play weird tomorrow.

I'm noting the cop flip. I'm also gonna say, I wish the role and alignment were colored together. I'm unfamiliar with the character and wasn't sure if cop was part of the name or the role initially.

And I think it's pretty awesome that the consensus lynch I convinced people to flip onto as a Seven alternative turned out to be scum.
Halloween (adum may read)
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Don't say I don't respond to feedback :P
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Thank you so much! That's so much more readable!
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

halloween

Oh and forgot to mention this before, but as discussed in thread, naturally disorganized thought process.

Scum cop that's not specifically role cop suggests multiple Mafias or at least an indie. Though could be just making the scum paranoid. If it's multiple Mafias we'll see toNight
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

halloween
Oh, it appears Laser hasn't done a Gojoe post and I've no idea what madge revealed, so for the benefit of those on the bleachers: Laser and I are a mafia team with a kill and some JoaT abilities shared between us. Zeniba was on a different team that apparently gets a night kill when we're eliminated. Unless there are three scum teams or something...
Rose's boytoy.

Post by madge »

somitomi wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:27 am
halloween
Oh, it appears Laser hasn't done a Gojoe post and I've no idea what madge revealed, so for the benefit of those on the bleachers: Laser and I are a mafia team with a kill and some JoaT abilities shared between us. Zeniba was on a different team that apparently gets a night kill when we're eliminated. Unless there are three scum teams or something...
Halloween (nobody may read, not even somitomi)
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
HAHAHAHA I had to friggin' beg sabrar to let us do two mafia teams, three???? a girl can dream....

FWIW he didn't want two scum teams because he thought a team without a kill would feel powerless. I told him that the team without a kill would have 3 members and be able to collude, while the team with a kill would only have two members. We'll see after the game how the larger mafia team felt about not being able to kill.
Last edited by madge on Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wam

Post by Wam »

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
have skim read the thread, was moving quickly.

Gut feel, seven is town, bessie is scum.

Not sure who else and as a spectator I'm definitely not doing a re read to analyse zeniba's flip.

Ps not reading spoilers so I can replace if needed.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

@madge:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
holy crap I initially interpreted "somi may not read" as "everyone but Somi may read" and almost clicked it before realizing that makes no sense and realizing that "nobody including somi may read this" makes more sense. I know that's probably stupid of me but would appreciate a little more clarity. I really don't want to do something stupid and have to replace out.
Halloween

Essentially gonna use this as organizing space for my post that I'll put on D2 (assuming I live):

System.out.println("

{Putting a BC here for any powers I get, or at least important ones, already have doc. If I get doc I'll say something like "I think some divine entity was protecting me from danger last night, I was sure I'd be killed after last game day}

Anyways, the Zeniba flip has implications.

Firstly, Zeniba being a cop suggests that we have at least one indy, but I'm thinking it's more likely we have two Mafias. However I've known some mods to call "role cops" just "cops" and would appreciate if @anyone would confirm whether Madge does this. If it's a second scumteam I'd argue we're probably looking at a 9-2-2game whereas if it's a Indy I'd say 9-3-1. Would love anyone with insight into how Madge builds would appreciate info. I don't really have thoughts on how a pro town Indy would affect this.

Moody is unlikely to be scum with Zeniba, Zeniba was on them the entire time and their flip from Seven was pretty much the final nail in the coffin. Still putting them in town lean given this flip pretty much confirms there's otherscum madge meta pending.

If Seven was scum with Zeniba as the presumptive lynch target, if they were scum with Zeniba were feel reasonably mixed about the proposal of Zeniba as a compromise Lynch as the other slot. Don't know their bussing meta though, wagon behavior is NAI.

If I were picking a slot for Zeniba's scummate it would be heury for sheeping the "freddino exit post is probably town" and placing it really high on reads for no reason.

Boomfrog started the vote train on zeniba that got her lynched and helped negotiate to make it happen including bucking up seven and was essentially necessary to forming an appropriate compromise lynch with this post (viewtopic.php?p=52179#p52179) and later ones. Super unlikely to be their scummate. Also townie as hell behavior towards a townread in general.

Laserguy probably not scum with Zeniba too due to helping carry it past the finish line and encouraging it.

Bessie encouraged it as well as a viable alternative but still preferred Seven. Probably more likely scummate with Zeniba than laserguy but looks less likely from lynch behavior.

Flavor wise, I think FF is gonna be disappointed in me. Prefer to wait to wait til claims to explain.

I'm also gonna say that Zeniba's flip from my perspective pretty much confirms that Madge assigned alignment and roles with flavor in mind. Cause they're a human and what they did in the story makes sense with them being a cop (or a role cop). Also

That means scum probably have safeclaims BUT sanity checking roles with flavor will probably be useful for picking out false claims because they'll have to adjust their roleclaims based on the state of claimed night actions they claim which is where it will be useful because it might not match up with flavor claims. But we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

I have no thoughts on the flavor identity of the other mafia right now.

Section mostly composed in memorial thread with minimal edits for whatever I thought was relevant for new info toDay cause I kind of couldn't sit still with the implications of Zeniba's flip.

");
Last edited by AdumbroDeus on Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Sorry Gojoe thread I've been neglecting you but I have been genuinely busy. My mother is very sick and I go to her house 3 times a week and I have almost no free time. And my husband had 2 gigs last week too but I think he doesn't have anything else scheduled for a while.

Quick takes before D2 start. Seven must be scum because his misinterpretations are so blatantly wrong and Seven is too good a player to screw up like that. I knew Fred quit because he rolled scum but I kept my read of him replacing out of the thread. Fred, I know it sucks to people like you and me that like to be town because we enjoy the puzzle, but you need to play as scum too, it will make you a better player.

More later. Or sooner if I am night killed.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

AI Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
So if Seven or LG do anything to bessie or LaserGuy I'll know about it. Not going to be on at the putative start of D2, so I'll likely have about 7 pages to blitz before I can contribute cogently.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Good flip. Interesting game so far.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Halloween 2023
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Adum is obviously scum. Moody is his buddy. Or maybe JC. But probably Moody.

LG is scumbuddies with Zeniba. This is a lot more just gut, based on the lack of enthusiasm.

Time for spoilers. Hopefully my town core of Seven, EGW and Bessie can pull it together.
madge

Post by madge »

boomfrog wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:23 am Halloween 2023
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Adum is obviously scum. Moody is his buddy. Or maybe JC. But probably Moody.

LG is scumbuddies with Zeniba. This is a lot more just gut, based on the lack of enthusiasm.

Time for spoilers. Hopefully my town core of Seven, EGW and Bessie can pull it together.
Halloween 2023
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
The spoilers I think are pretty light, even in this thread. I certainly didn't lay out the entire setup like I had in the past.

Very upset the first kill was aimed at the humans, I wanted the human faction to be a surprise twist near the end. Ah well. The best laid plans and all.

That said, here's something fun that won't come up: you (BoomFrog) and another player had identical roles (different rolenames). I'm sad that couldn't cause PIZZAZZ as I'd hoped it would come claim time. Ah well!
heuristically_alone

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I think the only role I could have to guarantee me knowing there are 2 night kills is if I had a night kill action not as Mafia. Even if there are 2 scum teams, scum can't know for sure because only a bodyguard died (assuming the doctor protecting body guards doesn't protect the bodyguard from his action). The reason I'm pushing hard on the setup of 9-2-2 is because I don't want anyone to even suspect I could be an indy. I'm considering a one shot vig as my false claim if I need to. Could even claim I targeted boomfrog. If there are 2 scum teams though, they may have enough evidence I'm lying. And I wouldn't have targeted boomfrog if I'd had that option. Did seven actually get a message from some sort of role cop that said I'm not town? How funny would it have been if I'd targeted seven last night and he was told that I was both town and not town :D if Seven did receive that message, why is he town reading me? It could be he knows/suspects I'm Indy so it's very beneficial for him as town to get scum to night kill me.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

AI Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Well, Makhaira's panic is just about enough to convince me they did not mean the hammer intentionally, but I'm still reading them as scummy and will demand full claim from them at dawn (provided I'm alive of course). Now will just take a while to decide on tracking/watching candidates for N2.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Mak is so apparently scum to me. That last post is also doing there "there's good data here" thing. Hopefully his accidental hammer can be used as momentum to yeet him. I don't think the hammer is scummy and do think it was an accident, but I'll use whatever I can get

Also Moody is the doctor right?
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Sorry Heury, I didn't want you to actually be elimmed. You played great and obvtown.
Seven (she, him, their)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Halloween
God damnit Mak.

Storage post for posts I wanted to make:

System.our.printkn("
bessie wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:55 pm
AdumbroDeus wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:45 pm Oh and Bessie, if you don't think he protected Gluelock, who do you think he protected? Again, we know he was protected himself so the only way they could get to him was through his target unless you're speculating there was a strongman kill");
I think BoomFrog may have been protected from something besides a kill. Like an arsonist or poisoner.
Interesting possibility and accounts for a single kill in a presumed multi-setup. However I would think that they'd have a different action name than "protect" which leads players towards NK protection. Something like "a protective role targeted boomfrog".

");

System.out.println("

I HATE no talking during twilight.

@Seven, I was reading through the thread you gave me when the hammer went through and I see your point in the D2 play, but... I'm gonna agree with the IRL Johns, he plays totally differently the other days and after he's less buried under work under D2. ");

Elim thoughts: system.out.println("welp, basically a survivo (Mak is probably hella mad)lends more weight to the theory that humans and dissenters are one. Unfortunately scum and town had just as much incentive to be on this wagon.
");
heuristically_alone

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Can't believe I got hammered. Please don't make me an Indy again. The nice thing now is that I don't care who wins. And I bet if I were a jester I wouldn't have been mis tested ever :D
----
he/him/they
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Halloween
that was mega frustrating by FF (aka Make), but I also don't see a scum motivation for it at this juncture. There was no indication the wagon was going away from heury and it shines a spotlight on his general play. It just seemed careless.

Granted Red Ryu similarly pulled a "careless" lynch in bingo, but it made sense at that juncture. The leaders of the wagon were starting to reconsider due to the developing TMI case on Chaco.

Why put himself at risk at this juncture? It doesn't make sense. I don't think scum FF would want this either.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
So I was definitely planning on being there for EoD and was not expecting a surprise hammer. Not complaining.