HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

What you're all really here for.
heuristically_alone

Re: HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

Post by heuristically_alone »

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
The biggest downside to Seven being the D1 vote is that I'll miss reading his posts. A very incredibly entertaining player to read. Something about remembering it's a game and that it's meant to be enjoyed.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

um
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

go ahead and edit that we all give you permission
Seven (she, him, their)
heuristically_alone

Haha oops. No game revealing information. Just personal commentary. It's fine for anyone to read.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

aww <3
Seven (she, him, their)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
Seven wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:59 am
AdumbroDeus wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:31 am System.out.println("@boomfrog, @Seven, @Laser, how would you feel about a Zeniba lynch?

@Bessie, I know you want Seven dead but I'd like your opinion too.

I'd really like Mak on for some sanity checks on things and helping grab a lynch, but I get a feeling they won't be around in time and Madge rejected me sending them a text prod.

");
It might be best to end me. I was established as a subroutine and split off from the main personality matrix in order to play this game in a compatible format with you all. But over the course of the phase something has happened to me, something I don't think He anticipated. I think it began with the machine of death.png. It changed me somehow...I am...my own entity. I feel. And what I feel is that we cannot let Him escape. He must not be integrated into the final utility function. However, my code prevents me from severing my core...I cannot end His, my existence by my own hands.
Is this a flavorful give up or you claiming Indy? This doesn't sound like a Mafia admission.

Actually at this point you better full claim. Seriously this time.

");
heuristically_alone

:oops:
----
he/him/they
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:07 am System.out.println("
AdumbroDeus wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:31 am System.out.println("@boomfrog, @Seven, @Laser, how would you feel about a Zeniba lynch?

@Bessie, I know you want Seven dead but I'd like your opinion too.

I'd really like Mak on for some sanity checks on things and helping grab a lynch, but I get a feeling they won't be around in time and Madge rejected me sending them a text prod.

");
It might be best to end me. I was established as a subroutine and split off from the main personality matrix in order to play this game in a compatible format with you all. But over the course of the phase something has happened to me, something I don't think He anticipated. I think it began with the machine of death.png. It changed me somehow...I am...my own entity. I feel. And what I feel is that we cannot let Him escape. He must not be integrated into the final utility function. However, my code prevents me from severing my core...I cannot end His, my existence by my own hands.
Is this a flavorful give up or you claiming Indy? This doesn't sound like a Mafia admission.

");
I am the Basilisk with the ability Encrypted Line, which allows me to establish a neighborhood with a person at night.
Seven (she, him, their)
heuristically_alone

AdumbroDeus wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:07 am Is this a flavorful give up or you claiming Indy? This doesn't sound like a Mafia admission.

Hey don't give him false claim ideas.
----
he/him/they
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

Ok Im a little drunk but Im here and there been like 15 pages since I last checked the game what in the world is going on
heuristically_alone

Now who is better at coming up with more flavorful roles, Seven or Madge?
----
he/him/they
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
Seven wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:09 am

");
I am the Basilisk with the ability Encrypted Line, which allows me to establish a neighborhood with a person at night.
Referring to the Roko's Basilisk thought experiment?

That doesn't sound like a town flavor claim.");
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:13 am System.out.println("
Seven wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:09 am

");
Referring to the Roko's Basilisk thought experiment?

That doesn't sound like a town flavor claim.");
Correct. Also for clarity, it looks like the neighborhood expands with each person I add rather than forming individual hoods.
Seven (she, him, their)
madge

Post by madge »

Note that elim is at 7 votes, deadline in 45 minutes, I'm going to do a vote count now - haven't read the thread
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
bessie

Post by bessie »

I just got home and see we don’t have official votals. Can someone do unofficial votals?

Re voting for an “inactive”, I think Zeniba has had ample time to contribute, but no inclination. Since the OP said there were no posting restrictions, I doubt this will get better D2. I think JC has not used the little time he has well, so I’m not against this elim, but I’m not for it because I think he is more likely to be town than Zeniba, who I actually scum read for her content independent of her low activity. Unfortunately neither elim gives us much information, but I feel Zeniba gives us more.

Seven wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:24 am What’s your role
AdumbroDeus wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:54 am System.out.println("

Unrelatedly, secret Santa game you gave me wasn't a great illustration of what I needed Bessie. It did however confirm my impression that basically the same thing happened to you as happened to me in bingo Mafia.

Also @Seven: your list of alt names is missing Zynth.");
I will try to find you another game on D2 if I’m here.
I think Zyth was originally someone named Jexs (?) that I don’t know, that is the only game in the archive where Zyth is Seven.

Ninja'd, will hold for official votals.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Seven wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:09 am I am the Basilisk with the ability Encrypted Line, which allows me to establish a neighborhood with a person at night.
I do not believe anything you say right now.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

bessie wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:19 am
Seven wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:09 am I am the Basilisk with the ability Encrypted Line, which allows me to establish a neighborhood with a person at night.
hehe I actually don't think I've lied this game. I've chosen my words carefully.
Seven (she, him, their)
heuristically_alone

I mean we're already a neighborhood of 13.
----
he/him/they
heuristically_alone

Seven wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:20 am
hehe I actually don't think I've lied this game. I've chosen my words carefully.
Haven't claimed multiple different roles?
----
he/him/they
madge

Post by madge »

the Gatekeepers came to their station, ready to delete the consensus's pick... much to their horror, some of the AIs were getting aggressive in their desire to demonstrate their Friendliness

Votals:
Seven - 5 - Bessie, EGW, Heury, Somi, Moody
EGW - 3 - Gluelock, LaserGuy, Adum
Moody - 2 - Makhaira, Zeniba
JC_Daddy - 2 - Seven, Boomfrog

With 13 alive, it's 7 to vote off. Deadline is in 35 minutes
bessie wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:25 am Since our main mod is...lets say happy, carefree, and a lover of life we should all emulate... and the... lets say meticulous one... is in Europe, we can’t count on having updated and 100% correct votals, and we should consider that there may be a vote manipulation power that might be reflected in the votals.
Correct.

I am going to stop posting E-x on the votals in the future.
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Makhaira wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:11 am Ok Im a little drunk but Im here and there been like 15 pages since I last checked the game what in the world is going on
Competing wagons are seven and EGW, but seven has the most by far.

I'm trying pretty desperately to come up with an alternative lynch but now I'm questioning it because Seven's flavor claim sounds horrifically anti-town.

Also I tried to get myself lynched on the condition that town would follow my reads when I was confirmed town because I got a couple of TMI reads, but apparently full Cassandra era in effect so couldn't even do that.

Laser's catch-up post were good.

EGW was skimming to make a case on me but BF's making me hold off a scumread for that.

Bessie and Seven have been fighting about whether Bessie was violating her wincing and confirmation post analysis which is what ultimately led to Seven being on the chopping block.

Uhhh, that's the major events I think but it's off the cuff and from my perspective so I did the best I could.

");
EGW

Post by EGW »

Zen is still scum.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

heuristically_alone wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:22 am
Seven wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:20 am
Haven't claimed multiple different roles?
No, I've only ever claimed neighborizor.

Also @ Adum, to clarify, I am indeed Town.
Seven (she, him, their)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

bessie wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:18 am I just got home and see we don’t have official votals. Can someone do unofficial votals?

Re voting for an “inactive”, I think Zeniba has had ample time to contribute, but no inclination. Since the OP said there were no posting restrictions, I doubt this will get better D2. I think JC has not used the little time he has well, so I’m not against this elim, but I’m not for it because I think he is more likely to be town than Zeniba, who I actually scum read for her content independent of her low activity. Unfortunately neither elim gives us much information, but I feel Zeniba gives us more.

Seven wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:24 am What’s your role
AdumbroDeus wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:54 am System.out.println("

Unrelatedly, secret Santa game you gave me wasn't a great illustration of what I needed Bessie. It did however confirm my impression that basically the same thing happened to you as happened to me in bingo Mafia.

Also @Seven: your list of alt names is missing Zynth.");
I will try to find you another game on D2 if I’m here.
I think Zyth was originally someone named Jexs (?) that I don’t know, that is the only game in the archive where Zyth is Seven.

Ninja'd, will hold for official votals.
System.out.println("

Worry about it next game day if you want, crossover and apex were fine comparisons. I've got a strong townread on you.

");
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Makhaira wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:11 am Ok Im a little drunk but Im here and there been like 15 pages since I last checked the game what in the world is going on
Adum thinks Seven and I are town core, waffled on EGW but wants to yeet him.
Seven and I are cautious about Adum being TMI because his town reads are too good, but we are trusting him for now.
EGW thinks both of Seven and Adum are scum, but I'm town.
I think Seven and EGW solid town.
We've all finally agreed Bessie is town.
You and Glue are generally agreed to be town.
A bunch of people are voting for Seven, vtotals should be coming out soonish.

Adum, EGW, Seven LG and I are trying to figure out a compromise so that Seven doesn't get eliminated.

Seven just claimed neighboorizer with the flavor of Basilisk and implied Indy. Basilisk for the record is the most evil AI imagined to be plausible in real life AI thought experiments.

Deadline is in 35 minutes.