HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

What you're all really here for.
LaserGuy

Re: HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

Post by LaserGuy »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:46 pm System.out.println("

Vote: AdumbroDeus

I already PM'd madge explaining that I think this is to my wincon.

A TMI case is sharp, but there's also no way to convince somebody they're being paranoid, the better I play the worse I look.

Scum has every incentive to make sure we end up in Lylo together. Treating my reads as basically confirmed is better for town right now imo.

If I can't even lead a lynch on myself than I'm in full Cassandra era again.

This is not an excuse to not answer outstanding questions Gluelock, Bessie, and Somi.

");
I get what you're trying to do here, but this is not a productive use of our elim. Town is notoriously bad at following the directions of dead townies, so assuming you're Town here, you are far better off advocating for your reads while you are alive.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

LaserGuy wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:31 pm
Seven wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:39 pm George vote for JC
Laser, voye for JC
This is such a meh elim. Not saying you're wrong just there's nothing there to work with.
It’s 100% right. I promise.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

Seven wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:16 pm Time to reveal my hand. Higher up = more wolfy, lower = less wolfy

Wolves
EGW
Bessie
Adum

Substitute Wolf (If Wrong on Adum)
JC

Town but Weird
Boom - Indy Potential
Zeniba - No Indy Potential, but does have Mafia Potential
heury - Important Town PR

Town Core
Makhaira/Somitomi/Moody/LaserGuy/Gluelock
Seven

Details to follow shortly.
What's a substitute wolf?
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

moody7277 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:48 pm
Seven wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:39 pm George vote for JC
Laser, voye for JC
Here's JC so far:

post 0: confirm
post 1: fluff
post 2: resume stuff
post 3: catch up notification
post 4: correction to post 3
post 5: 2nd catch up notification

So if you're wanting to relieve him of the burden of playing this bullet train game, you can say so. I'm seeing zero that's alignment indicative, although he might should have given some mid-catch up comments.
Your defense of JC is noted.
Seven (she, him, their)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Seven wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:16 pm Ran seems to really believe his theory that im a traitor and the scum team is Adum/Laser/Glue.

So ill need to reconsider ran and dont want to go there anymore. JC all the way.
I think it's more likely they think we giftwrapped them a good mislynch case and are incredibly puzzled why town doesn't agree.

Also, my rationale for why I should die is almost identical to Xaltres' rationale for why you were the best death then. He was right then, he's right now. There's no getting out of a TMI case, not when I'm the clear power player in the game.

I'm a liability in Lylo, scum will now aim for that Lylo, town learns a ton from my lynch.

");
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:37 pm
Seven wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:16 pm Time to reveal my hand. Higher up = more wolfy, lower = less wolfy

Wolves
EGW
Bessie
Adum

Substitute Wolf (If Wrong on Adum)
JC

Town but Weird
Boom - Indy Potential
Zeniba - No Indy Potential, but does have Mafia Potential
heury - Important Town PR

Town Core
Makhaira/Somitomi/Moody/LaserGuy/Gluelock
Seven

Details to follow shortly.
What's a substitute wolf?
Theres only so many wolves, so if i was wrong on one of the others, id put you in instead. At the time you were a complete null to me until i recently thought about it more.
Seven (she, him, their)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("

EBWOP: add "system.out.println(" " before above post");
bessie

Post by bessie »

Woof we’re back. And even though no one demanded I pay the dog tax, I’m going to pay it anyway since the balloon ride was decorated for Halloween.
Hoku at the farmers market halloween.PNG
Hoku at the farmers market halloween.PNG (119.76 KiB) Viewed 1476 times

Seven wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:00 pm Right, the key point is that she had an alternative. As she mentioned, there's more than 1 scum on day 1 and she was suss of whoever she was voting at the time.
Seven wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:01 pm Also somi wasn't her main suspicion. So it's not like she avoided voting her main suspicion in favor of someone else.
Both are irrelevant to your previous reasoning. Active lurking.

Seven wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:06 pm
bessie wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:01 pm You are again intentionally misreading heury.
Nope, if that was the case you could just tell me what he's actually saying.
I explained it here, top of post, addressed to you: viewtopic.php?p=51903#p51903

Seven wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:11 pm You were willing to vote him. "Sigh. Peaceful Whale". You just had someone else that you found scummy. If Madge wasn't scummy to you, you would have voted Peaceful Whale. You deny this?
No I wasn’t. You asked who I would tunnel next. Next is not D1, next is next.
Yes I deny that I would have voted Peaceful Whale on D1. For me he had “Unofficial D1 Newbie Elim Immunity”, which holds unless there was something so blatantly obvious like posting scum chat in the thread by mistake, or a reliable N1 cop result. New players can’t learn how to play the game unless they get to play the game. And xkcd is a very newbie-friendly community.

Seven wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:20 pm lol that would be a terrible way to signal the team, they'd think I'm just an a dangerous towny and kill me
Is that a “WOULD I DO THAT AS SCUM” post???? :lol:

AdumbroDeus wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:38 pm What I'm saying is it doesn't make sense, if they were distancing before, why would Seven's post then suddenly be taken as marching orders? This kind of read of a scum dynamic, without any scum chat yet, requires Seven to be so reflexively dominant in the scum dynamic that moody would be expected to just sheep them the entire game.

Unless you have a specific post or two you think constituted marching orders of "do this now" and why. I didn't see that with seven's posts but I'd be interested in seeing what you think.
Seven is an aggressive and dominant player. moody is more passive and very good at analyzing and seeing the whole picture. So by your argument it does make sense. Moody is more than capable of a shift (not a sheep) to Seven’s lead.

Marching orders: viewtopic.php?p=51554#p51554
Moody accepting the assignment: viewtopic.php?p=51576#p51576
Me pointing it out: viewtopic.php?p=51579#p51579

Seven wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:47 pm I don't think bessie's scum anymore, but ftr I still think her not voting for PW is completely irrelevant to my argument
Disagree. Not even sure why I’m acknowledging these anymore. Perhaps so you can’t say I missed it later.

heuristically_alone wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:56 pm Though a little disappointed, no comment my own read for this game?
Your reads fit with your meta.

AdumbroDeus wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:46 pm Vote: AdumbroDeus
This is the wrong move and I know because I’ve been there (wanting to be vindicated for a miselim). No one will follow or possibly even reread your D1 content if you are mis eliminated as town. You will only be micro analyzed if you are scum, or possibly if you are night killed.

I like you and you are currently in my not-mafia pile. And I think not-indie pile too. I guess that means I am town reading you.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:38 pm
Seven wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:16 pm Ran seems to really believe his theory that im a traitor and the scum team is Adum/Laser/Glue.

So ill need to reconsider ran and dont want to go there anymore. JC all the way.
I think it's more likely they think we giftwrapped them a good mislynch case and are incredibly puzzled why town doesn't agree.

Also, my rationale for why I should die is almost identical to Xaltres' rationale for why you were the best death then. He was right then, he's right now. There's no getting out of a TMI case, not when I'm the clear power player in the game.

I'm a liability in Lylo, scum will now aim for that Lylo, town learns a ton from my lynch.

");
neither boom or i are convinced. More data needed. And if we eliminate scum there wont even be a lylo.
Seven (she, him, their)
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

The hubris, wow. Idk enough about the various available player role mechanics, but I'm going to guess that explains Adum's posting here. Like Laser pointed out, town will almost never sheep a dead townie like that.
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
Gluelock wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:35 pm
AdumbroDeus wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:05 pm System.outprintln("
Gluelock wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:53 pm Are you asking because you think I'm overlooking something super obvious?
Yep. The provided rationale is that they were trying to pointing out their past play to illustrate Zen.

I wanted to see if you thought about that and rejected it as a read on Zen being an excuse to post something excusing their play OR were just looking for a mechanical excuse to throw them in the scum pile.

This is a simple enough interaction that Ran (EGW) can articulate the problem.

I'm satisfied with Gluelock. Throw Gluelock in the \"scum is in here\" pile. Like EGW and heury they're actually scummy, not merely totally null like Z and JC.

");

Not sure I understand your progression on me but w/e. Maybe you'll provide more depth later.
It's pretty clear, that you didn't account for why you ignored their stated motivation (explaining that they were laying out their thought process for Seven) suggests mechanics rather than trying to figure out intent.
Also I dont get what you're doing here: "I have the solve, vote me first so you know I'm town and then sheep my reads?"
That's basically it. It's because two strong townreads of mine have TMI cases on me which makes me a liability in Lylo.

");
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

Seven wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:56 pm Zeniba
Honestly, I don't really start reading Trisscar (Zeniba) until later in the game. Her Day 1s are always slow and I completely skimmed her Moody output post. The reason why I don't think she's likely to be Indy is because I don't think Fred would replace out if he got such an enticing role. I disagree with Laser though and do think Fred would replace out if he rolled mafia again.

[A note to Bluelock and JC: Different communities have different cultures regarding the discussion of replacements. What I am saying here would be forbidden on Mafia Universe so keep that in mind. Such is not really a thing here. What I've found is that the bigger aggregates (mafia universe, mafiascum) are the sites that tend to be strict regarding what they consider to be OOG information.]

Oh and in case I'm not around, @all, I've played with Trisscar a good number of times now and she is easily one of the strongest scum players here.

heury
Like I said, he's a strong town PR. Possibly GladOS based on his reaction to my cake is a lie line?

He's had several observations where I can see the town gears turning, like his post pointing out EGW's soulless questions. This post here is especially townie:
heuristically_alone wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:14 pm
Gluelock wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:03 pm

I liked the idea have having tied wagons 2/2/2/etc so I voted moody to align with the pattern. Once the pattern disappeared I removed my vote. I actually have a town lean on moody.
Gluelock = Town :D
Ran has also spewed Heury as town through TMI:
EGW wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:04 pm
boomfrog wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:53 pmFor the record. Heury has been missyeeted frequently in the past for misunderstandings. He's... a sub-par explainer of his thoughts in my experience.
At the moment, Heury's tone in his posts seem to mirror Sorcerer Mafia where he was town. I remember when he was scum in Millerizer Mafia, he was opportunistic.
The weird thing about him is his insistence on bessie being town. It makes no sense. I also considered that Somi's "you know me too well", "I'm just trying to bond" lines might have been implying they are Lovers, but I don't think it's so.
Also curious as to what you mean by Indy
bessie

Post by bessie »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:56 pm If you're scum I'm offering you a free mislynch everyone is looking at your actual me/Seven case like you're a cat and it's a dead mouse you proudly left on the carpet.
Wait who's following EGW on this????
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Did I read right that Adum is pulling a Vytron?
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("

@Laser and Bessie: then people need to hold town to it.

");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
moody7277 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:47 pm Did I read right that Adum is pulling a Vytron?
Whose Vytron?

");
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:44 pm System.out.println("
Gluelock wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:35 pm
AdumbroDeus wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:05 pm System.outprintln("

Yep. The provided rationale is that they were trying to pointing out their past play to illustrate Zen.

I wanted to see if you thought about that and rejected it as a read on Zen being an excuse to post something excusing their play OR were just looking for a mechanical excuse to throw them in the scum pile.

This is a simple enough interaction that Ran (EGW) can articulate the problem.

I'm satisfied with Gluelock. Throw Gluelock in the \"scum is in here\" pile. Like EGW and heury they're actually scummy, not merely totally null like Z and JC.

");

Not sure I understand your progression on me but w/e. Maybe you'll provide more depth later.
It's pretty clear, that you didn't account for why you ignored their stated motivation (explaining that they were laying out their thought process for Seven) suggests mechanics rather than trying to figure out intent.
Also I dont get what you're doing here: "I have the solve, vote me first so you know I'm town and then sheep my reads?"
That's basically it. It's because two strong townreads of mine have TMI cases on me which makes me a liability in Lylo.

");

I already said my thoughts on your martyrdom attempt. Your read on me is a bit flimsy, but its probably genuine.
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

Wait, I'm not that far yet... but am I getting pushed for day 1 lunch?
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

@JC Indy = independent roles. Neither Mafia or Town. Serial Killers are examples.
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:49 pm Wait, I'm not that far yet... but am I getting pushed for day 1 lunch?
Only by me
Seven (she, him, their)
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:49 pm System.out.println("
moody7277 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:47 pm Did I read right that Adum is pulling a Vytron?
Whose Vytron?

");
Someone here at xkcd mafia who voted for himself from time to time when he felt he was too much of a distraction to town.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
bessie wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:46 pm
AdumbroDeus wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:56 pm If you're scum I'm offering you a free mislynch everyone is looking at your actual me/Seven case like you're a cat and it's a dead mouse you proudly left on the carpet.
Wait who's following EGW on this????
Nobody lol.

It's BF and Seven's paranoid TMI cases that make me a liability now");
bessie

Post by bessie »

Seven wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:38 pm Your defense of JC is noted.
Why note moody's defense of JC and not Laser's defense of JC?
EGW

Post by EGW »

Good question.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

bessie wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:52 pm
Seven wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:38 pm Your defense of JC is noted.
Why note moody's defense of JC and not Laser's defense of JC?
Because Laser is my scum partner and moody isn't zomfg
Seven (she, him, their)