Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Seven
Gatekeeper

Re: HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

Post by Seven »

Seven wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:08 pm
boomfrog wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:36 pm
Seven wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:17 pm Why did you ask this at that point in time?
I thought my follow up made it clear what I was looking for. EGW flipped from implying you were town to saying you were scummy and I wanted to get more info on that thought process.
When did he imply that I was scummy prior to you asking this?
@boom
Seven (she, him, their)
EGW

Post by EGW »

boomfrog wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:41 pm Yeehaw!

Vote Seven
I like this vote, but I am curious about your thought process leading you to vote Seven.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

boomfrog wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:37 pm
Seven wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:10 pm Fact 1: bessie feels bad about constantly tunneling somi and him being a day 1 elimination
Fact 2: bessie has stated an unwillingness to vote somitomi today due to Fact 1

Argument 1
Premise 1: If bessie is town, Fact 1 would not prevent her from voting somi
Supplementary Premise: If somi is not mafia, mafia-bessie would indeed avoid pushing him Day 1 on the basis of Fact 1.

Conclusion 1: bessie is mafia

--Notes--
Fact 1 has been established prior to this game.
Fact 2 has been established in this game.

Premise 1 is supported by bessie's personality. She values correctness over emotion. Guilt would not be able to prevent her from voting somi if she felt he was scum. It might cause resistance, but not near 0% chance before she has even read/we've gotten into the game.
Premise 2 is provable/falsifiable.
Bessie is a dog of principles. Enough principles that they will cause her significant stress when they are in conflict in a situation.

A) For the integrity of the game she must always play to her win condition.
B) For the sake of fairness she doesn't want anyone repeatedly singled out across multiple games.

She feels guilty about the sorc game because B got broken. Even if she helped A she still broke B. Sevens premise #1 presumes bessie principal A over rides B. But bessie wants to do both. And she can do both as town as long as somi isn't proven scum D1 (which we all know is virtually impossible). Bessie has previously advocated keeping a newbie alive even as likely scum with the idea that they would reveal other scum on D2. (It was that game where zen played under a screen name starting with M. And zen was the newbies scum mate. The newbies name included "whale"). Her behavior here is consistent with her town behavior in that game.

And actually. If she were scum there is a decently likely scenario where her principle A would override B which is if her scummate and Somi were the two possible yeets. The fact that she is not even internally considering that scenario means she has no scum buddy this game and is very likely town.
H not M. Newbie New Year. I will compare.

Here is a list of the games archived from the previous site btw:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

@bessie is there a reason why we removed this link in the smashboards directory thread? I couldn't seem to find it there.
Seven (she, him, their)
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Seven wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:17 pm Why did you ask this at that point in time?
I thought my follow up made it clear what I was looking for. EGW flipped from implying you were town to saying you were scummy and I wanted to get more info on that thought process.
EGW wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:38 pm
boomfrog wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:36 pmI thought my follow up made it clear what I was looking for. EGW flipped from implying you were town to saying you were scummy and I wanted to get more info on that thought process.
I didn't imply scumminess until after you asked me the question. I gave a slight town read on Zen in page 4. So I am not following how that lead you to asking me about a read on Zen when I already gave one before.
I have no idea... I distinctly remember detecting an inconsistency in EGWs read of Seven but I really thought it was before I asked that question. But I can't find it now and there are very few posts in between so most likely chance is that my memory is wrong. I'm out of time for now but I'll reread later and try to figure out what I was thinking.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

boomfrog wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:59 pm
EGW wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:38 pm
boomfrog wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:36 pmI thought my follow up made it clear what I was looking for. EGW flipped from implying you were town to saying you were scummy and I wanted to get more info on that thought process.
I didn't imply scumminess until after you asked me the question. I gave a slight town read on Zen in page 4. So I am not following how that lead you to asking me about a read on Zen when I already gave one before.
I have no idea... I distinctly remember detecting an inconsistency in EGWs read of Seven but I really thought it was before I asked that question. But I can't find it now and there are very few posts in between so most likely chance is that my memory is wrong. I'm out of time for now but I'll reread later and try to figure out what I was thinking.
Please do. I find it concerning.
Seven (she, him, their)
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

bessie wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:37 am
Gluelock wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:42 am Unvote: moody7277
Why?
I liked the idea have having tied wagons 2/2/2/etc so I voted moody to align with the pattern. Once the pattern disappeared I removed my vote. I actually have a town lean on moody.
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

EGW wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:46 pm
boomfrog wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:41 pm Yeehaw!

Vote Seven
I like this vote, but I am curious about your thought process leading you to vote Seven.
Town block wagonning. And if Seven is town then his townslip read of moody is likely correct.
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

The cake is definitely a lie. As is all that garbage wine.

VOTE: Seven
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Gluelock wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:03 pm
Why?
I liked the idea have having tied wagons 2/2/2/etc so I voted moody to align with the pattern. Once the pattern disappeared I removed my vote. I actually have a town lean on moody.
We are getting close to deadline. Fun play time is over and it's time to get serious. Can you give a town to scum list and a real vote?
heuristically_alone

As for moody, assuming I'm reading the right post it sounds more like he is referencing the previous game only so a "town slip" from an already completed game?
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

heuristically_alone wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:05 pm The cake is definitely a lie. As is all that garbage wine.

Please respond to my previous inquiry.
Seven (she, him, their)
EGW

Post by EGW »

boomfrog wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:05 pmTown block wagonning. And if Seven is town then his townslip read of moody is likely correct.
Fair. Also, you won't find an inconsistency with my Zen read, I only began to think about Zen being scum after asking myself who would be scum if not Gluelock.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

@LG and Seven:
Can you tell me your reads of Mak, EGW, Adum and each other?

@Seven: This is not intended as a distraction from your suspicion of me. Feel free to investigate that first if needed.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

heuristically_alone wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:05 pm The cake is definitely a lie. As is all that garbage wine.

Do you have more of a reason for this vote than "wine"?

Which part of their posting is wine?
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

boomfrog wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:09 pm @LG and Seven:
Can you tell me your reads of Mak, EGW, Adum and each other?

@Seven: This is not intended as a distraction from your suspicion of me. Feel free to investigate that first if needed.
With regard to Mak, I think Adum's post here is highly convincing of Mak town:
AdumbroDeus wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:40 pm System.out.println("

Yep, it's definitely all Moody's stuff with highlighting and underlining of BF and Bessie.

Which absolutely needs to be explained, they said it's repetition of their names over the normal parameters but doesn't provide any info about the thought process they thing would produce the reputation.

Also found this notable:
Makhaira wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:18 pm Moody - not getting any sense of authentic scumhunting from this slot, didn't like their opportunistic dogpiling on me after BF's push without even attempting to understand where the disagreement was coming from in stark contrast to adum, point assignment posts feel arbitrary and fillery
Makhaira wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:31 pmRe: zenibas readlist, from what I understand to actually be her voice, I think her adum analysis is strong. The rest of the reads I find a bit lacking, the blurbs are just summaries of each slots content, no real analysis as to how she arrived at her "point" assignments for each slot so they arent particularly helpful outside of atleast being actual positions on the slots
We already know Mak is traveling all day, given how Zeniba formatted their post, thinking the readslist was theirs is a very easy mistake to make.

What's notable is that the thought process and conclusions are extremely similar, but descriptions aren't identical enough to suggest that it's staged.

That suggests a townie mindset because they don't have an incentive to massage the reads for manipulation purposes.

");
Seven (she, him, their)
heuristically_alone

Why?
Gluelock = Town :D
----
he/him/they
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

heuristically_alone wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:14 pm

Why?
Gluelock = Town :D
Why will you not answer me?
Seven (she, him, their)
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

EGW wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:19 am
It is moving very fast. You know, the second reason why I have been trying to post less is due to this. I realized I was making it harder for everyone else to be able to sort the game. Yet I know that Zen also believes in posting less. I'm not entirely getting the feel that he is trying to restrain himself this game? Also, I'm not entirely sure if the conversation between you and him about the saltiness is very productive. I know that she usually is busy during the week and I personally know that she works a lot, and I know that when she has time to put in the analysis, she will be readable. I think my early read on her was misguided, due to being wrong.

As I'm reading and catching up on the game, I occasionally tilt my head at something I read and think, "Why'd they say that, it just sounds wolfy". Then when I check to see who the OP was its often EGW. I'm trying to restrain myself from tunneling or some weird OMGUS thing but this is becoming a pattern. Wolves are more conscious about how they're perceived, and the unprompted defensiveness in what's underlined above doesn't sit right. In the same line they frame it as a way to help the game, but that's just fishing for brownie points in a way town players don't feel the need to do.

Vote: EGW
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("

Hanging with my bf now so I don't have much attention time, but I'm gonna articulate this.

Boomfrog and Seven and scum, I will die on this hill.

Mak also, but I don't think they're under consideration.

Ranmaru: I don't have time to fully expand on your questions but I'm 90% sure that the part of my thought process about why I think Seven is town that I didn't explicitly explain on my various posts addressing them was that they also seem somewhat insulted that I believe how I handled their slot in their game as Ro corrupted their ability to understand my thought process, which I don't think would happen if they didn't believe it.

Otherwise my rationale is public and you're not reading deeply enough to understand how my thought process shifted. Though I think this is more the kind of not making connections between different posts you'd make in the play I'd see in Sorc.

I'll address the rest later, both you and other players I wanna address.

");
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Seven wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:56 pm
boomfrog wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:37 pm
Seven wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:10 pm Fact 1: bessie feels bad about constantly tunneling somi and him being a day 1 elimination
Fact 2: bessie has stated an unwillingness to vote somitomi today due to Fact 1

Argument 1
Premise 1: If bessie is town, Fact 1 would not prevent her from voting somi
Supplementary Premise: If somi is not mafia, mafia-bessie would indeed avoid pushing him Day 1 on the basis of Fact 1.

Conclusion 1: bessie is mafia

--Notes--
Fact 1 has been established prior to this game.
Fact 2 has been established in this game.

Premise 1 is supported by bessie's personality. She values correctness over emotion. Guilt would not be able to prevent her from voting somi if she felt he was scum. It might cause resistance, but not near 0% chance before she has even read/we've gotten into the game.
Premise 2 is provable/falsifiable.
Bessie is a dog of principles. Enough principles that they will cause her significant stress when they are in conflict in a situation.

A) For the integrity of the game she must always play to her win condition.
B) For the sake of fairness she doesn't want anyone repeatedly singled out across multiple games.

She feels guilty about the sorc game because B got broken. Even if she helped A she still broke B. Sevens premise #1 presumes bessie principal A over rides B. But bessie wants to do both. And she can do both as town as long as somi isn't proven scum D1 (which we all know is virtually impossible). Bessie has previously advocated keeping a newbie alive even as likely scum with the idea that they would reveal other scum on D2. (It was that game where zen played under a screen name starting with M. And zen was the newbies scum mate. The newbies name included "whale"). Her behavior here is consistent with her town behavior in that game.

And actually. If she were scum there is a decently likely scenario where her principle A would override B which is if her scummate and Somi were the two possible yeets. The fact that she is not even internally considering that scenario means she has no scum buddy this game and is very likely town.
H not M. Newbie New Year. I will compare.

Here is a list of the games archived from the previous site btw:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

@bessie is there a reason why we removed this link in the smashboards directory thread? I couldn't seem to find it there.
Yeah so I just skimmed bessie's post Day 1 of Newbie New Year and it just proves my point. It was a newbie game and therefore she wanted to avoid voting out a newbie Day 1, yet she was willing to do it for her win con:
I love you too, Peaceful Whale! Please don’t take anything I say as part of this game
personally. Remember that I am my avatar!
Also, this is a newbie game. We will all do the best we can to help you so you can ask us
anything related to general mafia gameplay and we will answer you truthfully, or Suzaku
and wam will smite us from above. But it doesn’t mean you get a free pass. Please take it as
a sign of respect that I am treating you not as a clueless newbie, but as I would treat any
other player.
bessie wrote:
Sabrar wrote:Hi bessie! Who will you tunnel next?
Sigh. Probably Peaceful Whale.
Seven (she, him, their)
bessie

Post by bessie »

Seven wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:56 pm @bessie is there a reason why we removed this link in the smashboards directory thread? I couldn't seem to find it there.
Yes. It is a reason that I do not wish to post in this thread. But I also do not want to pm you, since it was asked in-game. The answer has absolutely no bearing on this game, and will give no meta insight to any players in this game. I will forward the answer to the mod team, and if they agree, they may forward it to you. If not, the answer can wait until after the game.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("ebwop was supposed to read:

seven and boomfrog are not scum, I will die on this hill.

This post was made while walking in the rain on mobile and I'm doing other things right now.

");
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

posts*
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

bessie wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:33 pm
Seven wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:56 pm @bessie is there a reason why we removed this link in the smashboards directory thread? I couldn't seem to find it there.
Yes. It is a reason that I do not wish to post in this thread. But I also do not want to pm you, since it was asked in-game. The answer has absolutely no bearing on this game, and will give no meta insight to any players in this game. I will forward the answer to the mod team, and if they agree, they may forward it to you. If not, the answer can wait until after the game.
Ah, I remember now.
Seven (she, him, their)