HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

What you're all really here for.
AdumbroDeus

Re: HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

Post by AdumbroDeus »

system.out.println("
bessie wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:51 am Going through the barklog, starting at Page 9.

AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:09 am Bessie: I ain't got no clue how to read this slot. That's why I was making every excuse to talk to them so I could try to get into their head. The posting pattern makes it even harder. Null.
I will be happy to answer any questions, but I just don’t have time on weekdays to have discussions or analyze anything in depth. I will be around most of the weekend.

Acknowledging LaserGuy’s vote. Double boo.

somitomi wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:48 pm
bessie wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:04 am Disagree. And interesting. What did you think I would say?
I did not see you calling the acceptable confirm posts suspicious. This is obviously a failure of my predictive models
FoS somitomi. The confirmation posts are quite suspicious, and I’m surprised you didn’t see that once I pointed it out.

EGW wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:35 pm Yes. Who is scum at this point, Bessie? I would have expected you to be tunneling someone at this point.
I have been unusually busy this week and at the time of this writing I am still behind... four pages. I’ll try to catch up now and start posting organizing my thoughts. I’m almost ready for my first list.

AdumbroDeus wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:13 am @Anyone: who is Fonti and what's his scum game like? Is he considered a strong scum player?
I don’t have a lot of experience playing anywhere but xkcd (and Smashboards, after we lost our original forum and Ranmaru invited us to play there), but fontisian is one of the best players I know. Her wolf game is unbelievably sharp, see Things I Like Mafia on Smashboards (I’m Synchronicity hydra with Seven). And she’s fun I remember telling Seven: I’m sad because I don’t think I’m BoomFrog’s favorite person to play with anymore.

EGW wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:37 pm
bessie wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:37 amEGW, going back to this post from Millerizer Mafia, how do you think this game might differ than that one as to my opening post?
I just re-read, and noted your post about all the confirmation posts being acceptable. I actually like this question. I thought it odd that Zen could find content within the confirmation posts, but with my realization that he is scum, I believe your initial impression was genuine.
bessie wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:41 amQuit trying to steal my schtick. Everyone's confirmation post was perfectly acceptable. Which is suspicious.
This post in retrospect seems genuine. Yet I would like to see a full reads list from you, because it seems like you haven't grasped onto anything yet.
Thank you, someone finally gets it. I’ve been trying to explain this all game. The confirmation posts are very suspicious because they’re all acceptable. Most of the players jumped right into the flavor when the game started, but there was not one “beep” or “circuits on” or anything like that in the confirmation posts. Someone that knows me well is scum and was trying not to draw my attention.

And George, I agree with your reads in that post.

LaserGuy wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:45 pm I was very sad when they shut that site down a few years ago, though I was able to save all of my old logs. I usually just use a Google doc for whatever notes I bother to make these days.
I have a lot of the quicktopics related to the xkcd games saved too. I really need to get back to work on the archive.

AdumbroDeus wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:48 pm Thanks for that, I'm gonna reread her Sorc's play with that insight in mind for both of you.
Yes I think you should do this. I think you will have more insight that will help you read me better; especially for some of the things I am being scum read for in this game (my availability, my relationship with somitomi, etc.).

I will come back to this post by Seven. I think Seven needs to reread Sorcerer’s 11 Mafia too.

AdumbroDeus wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:18 pm Also the deadline is midnight EST, so I think it is being set in a US timezone.
Madge is in Australia. She likes to set deadlines at her lunch time.

AdumbroDeus wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:08 am Thing is for me trying to figure her out, this game is moving a lot faster, so it makes more sense. I'd like to compare some faster moving games where she was town so I can get a clearer read.
I’ll find you some but I’m almost at the time where I need to break for a while and I want to finish this catch up.

moody7277 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:26 am Seven's post here looks damn solid. My brain is doing the hamster wheel thing trying to refute it, but remembering reading her vow about somi to go along with Seven's logic and facts is having me tell the touchie-feelie part to shut up, ding her about a point on the read, and note that gets her close to my "nervous if bessie is only at +2" condition.
Oh moody I’m disappointed in you. You also need to reread Sorcerer’s 11, where I made a conscious effort not to vote for somitomi on D1, but I was unfortunately responsible for his elimination anyway.

Will need to come back to somitomi’s post.

More later.
I asked some questions, had a post addressed to you from just recently.

Unfortunately that availability is precisely what I mean.

Already got what I needed for the read, but additional confirmation is appreciated.

Add this to the existing question about acknowledgement, though I have my suspicions of why already.
Acknowledging LaserGuy’s vote. Double boo.
Also, yes I remember you talking about reluctance to vote somi because you usually tunnel them d1, are usually wrong, and they're usually good on subsequent days. I'm curious, why you seem to have a harsher prohibition this game given that you were right last one?

");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
moody7277 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:46 am
bessie wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:51 am Oh moody I’m disappointed in you. You also need to reread Sorcerer’s 11, where I made a conscious effort not to vote for somitomi on D1, but I was unfortunately responsible for his elimination anyway.
A. If you're going to avoid voting or even analyzing somi for reasons of avoiding meta, that is rather unhelpful and puts more weight on Seven's post against you.

B. You should have zero regrets about getting somi elimed, whether you were actually responsible for it or not, seeing as he was scum-aligned in that game.
You ninja'd me with that thought process on B, but yes of course she should, it's a game that's over where she was town. The "why" is much more important cause that's what indicates whether it affects her alignment this game.

");
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

For the record, I don't like moody's flip on his one solid townie read. And saying that her required threshold to be town is +2 really retroactively undermines the boldness that I liked from the +4 he originally gave her.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

system.out.println("
Seven wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:35 am Addendum: do not refer to Zeniba as Zen.
Seven wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:35 amoops wrong account
the hell?

");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

system.out.println("
boomfrog wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:28 am
AdumbroDeus wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:14 am system.out.println("

@Ranmaru

");
Two notes. One, bold is for mod attention. I recommend underline for emphasis. Two, I urge everyone to stick to the screen names currently in use, or at least shortenings of those, for names to avoid confusion.

For anyone confused, Ranmaru is EGW.
You're right, I'll avoid both these in the future.

"):
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Zeniba wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:17 am (still on moody)
FYI, if you don't post more useful content you are in real danger of becoming the comprise yeet at the last minute. Can we get a full reads list from you? Or at least a gut ordered list with what thoughts you have?
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:59 am system.out.println("
the hell?

");
Indeed, wtf.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

boomfrog wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:41 am
AdumbroDeus wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:56 pm System.out.println("
So why do I think your reads on myself and gluelock have much less depth? I have two possibilities.

1. You initially read us both as either not particularly good players and/or people who are very forthright about their play.

2. Since we're both new to this mafia community, you didn't have any meta to adjust your expectations with, so you defaulted to surface level mechanics to understand us because you didn't have the context to really figure out where our minds are at.

Could be a mix of both to a certain degree, and time constraints probably played into it since it requires a lot less effort. I absolutely was making choices about what to prioritize looking into when I only had snaches of time.

If it's option 1, feel free to confirm it, but I suspect if it's option 2 you don't realize it anyway. Don't think which it is really affects my town read on your slot though.

");
For Glue it is mostly #1, do you think I'm wrong?
No clue yet. Nothing stuck out with my initial read of the game and I haven't gotten to their slot for proper digging yet. Just analysed that particular interaction and noticed how similar a mentality you took in thought process analysis between their slot and mine.
For you it is option #3. Maybe I'll tell you what that is when you are older.
Looooool
Anyway,

Vote Moody
Approve.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

I didn't know the bolded thing though.

Also, Glue and JC come from a site where alts are commonplace and so people are referred to by different people by different names often, so I don't think it should be too much of an issue, with the exception of that page on Xivii/Xiivi shenanigans. Moody is the only other player I believe that hasn't played on smashboards, but I do hope by now he's aware that EGW = Ranmaru.

Additionally, LaserGuy defined each variable before. Here's a consolidated list and some additionally defined variables:

Sites
Smashboards = The home site of many of the players in this game.
xkcd = The original site for this forum. It was shut down and this forum was made in its place by a user.

Users in this Game
Seven = Zen, Xivii
EGW = Evil George Washington, Ranmaru
Makhaira = FrozenFlame
Zeniba = Trisscar

Users Not in this game
Xiivi (double 'i' before the 'z') = a user on smashboards
Marshy = a user from smashboards. Known as yoloswag here and on mafia universe
Fonti = a mafia player with a good reputation among these folks
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

the hell?

");
Since it was an addendum, I was pretending to be boomfrog posting on the wrong account
Seven (she, him, their)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("

Well that's gonna throw an error >_<

EBWOP:

Add \" system.out.println(\" \" at beginning of prior post and \" \"); \" at the end of it.

");
madge

Post by madge »

The servers hummed hot, the power to run them causing the room they were in to heat, that then had to be cooled with air conditioning, wreaking havoc on the warming world that the Gatekeepers hoped friendly AI would save from disaster...

Votals:

Laserguy - 2 - Adum, EGW
Heury - 2 - Moody, Zeniba*
Moody - 2 - Makhaira, Boomfrog
Bessie - 1 - LaserGuy

* Zeniba seemed to imply that they're not voting for heury anymore but didn't tell me who they actually are voting so I will not verify this unless zeniba doesn't change votes at end of game.

Whoever hit the tied total first will be voted out if votes don't change before deadline.

It was another long catchup for me today so let me know if I got votes wrong. I probably did.

Please if you want my attention make sure you put it in bold - Sabrar hasn't been able to help out as much as previous years so it's very important that you do this.

Deadline is in just under 2 days

(For the record UTC+8 is the most populated timezone in the world, so makes the most sense as a neutral timezone - absolutely nothing to do with the fact it's the timezone I live in... It's set for noon Monday my local time because I can do all the daystart stuff during my lunch break...)
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

bessie wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:51 am Oh moody I’m disappointed in you. You also need to reread Sorcerer’s 11, where I made a conscious effort not to vote for somitomi on D1, but I was unfortunately responsible for his elimination anyway.
A. If you're going to avoid voting or even analyzing somi for reasons of avoiding meta, that is rather unhelpful and puts more weight on Seven's post against you.

B. You should have zero regrets about getting somi elimed, whether you were actually responsible for it or not, seeing as he was scum-aligned in that game.
Absolute fire.

fire = good for those unfamiliar with sub-millennial lingo
Seven (she, him, their)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

system.out.println("
Seven wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:18 am
the hell?

");
Since it was an addendum, I was pretending to be boomfrog posting on the wrong account
Oh sure "pretending

");
bessie

Post by bessie »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:52 am I asked some questions, had a post addressed to you from just recently.
Did I miss any questions? I thought I answered everything but I did go through everything quickly to catch up.
AdumbroDeus wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:52 am Add this to the existing question about acknowledgement, though I have my suspicions of why already.
Can you link to the question?
AdumbroDeus wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:52 am Also, yes I remember you talking about reluctance to vote somi because you usually tunnel them d1, are usually wrong, and they're usually good on subsequent days. I'm curious, why you seem to have a harsher prohibition this game given that you were right last one?
I don’t understand your question. I didn’t want to vote somitomi on D1 in the last game, and I don’t want to vote for him D1 in this game. The prohibition is the same. Perhaps you are letting Seven’s and moody’s incorrect analysis obscure your reading of the facts.

I’ll comment on moody’s post:

(A) is false. Refer to my original post:
bessie wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:35 am
Seven wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:30 am If bessie votes somitomi today, FoSs somitomi, or pushes somitomi in any way, I will day vig her. Potentially.
I’m not afraid of you. And there’s almost 0 chance I will vote for somitomi today anyway. I reserve the right to FoS him.
I never anywhere in this entire thread said I wouldn’t analyze somi and I fully intend to analyze him and point out everything that I think is suspicious in his content, as I said in my post. Moody's statement (A) is more than a significant misunderstanding of my content, it is opportunistic and puts him near the top of my scum reads with Seven.

(B) is something I don’t expect anyone in this game except Seven to understand. Or maybe heury or BoomFrog.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

bessie wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:51 am I will come back to this post by Seven. I think Seven needs to reread Sorcerer’s 11 Mafia too.
moody7277 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:26 am Seven's post here looks damn solid. My brain is doing the hamster wheel thing trying to refute it, but remembering reading her vow about somi to go along with Seven's logic and facts is having me tell the touchie-feelie part to shut up, ding her about a point on the read, and note that gets her close to my "nervous if bessie is only at +2" condition.
Oh moody I’m disappointed in you. You also need to reread Sorcerer’s 11, where I made a conscious effort not to vote for somitomi on D1, but I was unfortunately responsible for his elimination anyway.
I am aware of this. As I stated in the linked post, you would have resistance to voting somi, sure, but not this:
bessie wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:35 amI’m not afraid of you. And there’s almost 0 chance I will vote for somitomi today anyway. I reserve the right to FoS him.
Even it was something as low as 30% I'd find it a much more believable town-bessie state-of-mind.
Seven (she, him, their)
bessie

Post by bessie »

The odds are that there are multiple non-town players in this setup. If somitomi is scum and survives D1, there would still be a D2.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

bessie wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:48 am The odds are that there are multiple non-town players in this setup. If somitomi is scum and survives D1, there would still be a D2.
But as you've stated in previous games, you are tunnel-minded and have difficulty looking at other folks when you've latched onto someone. You made your near 0% statement very early before you even had a bearing on who you might or might not find suspicious. And I believe this is because you aren't coming from a non-informed perspective.
Seven (she, him, their)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

system.out.println("
bessie wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:44 am
AdumbroDeus wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:52 am I asked some questions, had a post addressed to you from just recently.
Did I miss any questions? I thought I answered everything but I did go through everything quickly to catch up.
AdumbroDeus wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:52 am Add this to the existing question about acknowledgement, though I have my suspicions of why already.
Can you link to the question?
here: viewtopic.php?p=51575#p51575
AdumbroDeus wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:52 am Also, yes I remember you talking about reluctance to vote somi because you usually tunnel them d1, are usually wrong, and they're usually good on subsequent days. I'm curious, why you seem to have a harsher prohibition this game given that you were right last one?
I don’t understand your question. I didn’t want to vote somitomi on D1 in the last game, and I don’t want to vote for him D1 in this game. The prohibition is the same. Perhaps you are letting Seven’s and moody’s incorrect analysis obscure your reading of the facts.
Nope, I'm making a comparison between you in sorc:
bessie wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:53 am Ok, where was I?
moody7277 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:44 am bessie - foses Fred, confused by somi, doop scoring town points. She is looking like trying to avoid tunnelling D1, which Cynical View says is so against her meta it's tanamount to a scum claim, which I find laughable. +2.5 (prev +3)
You caught me making a conscious effort not to tunnel somitomi on D1 because I do it in every game. And I feel somewhat remorseful about it because I am usually wrong and he is a good player with great insight if he can make it through D1.
And you in this game:
bessie wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:35 am
Seven wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:30 am If bessie votes somitomi today, FoSs somitomi, or pushes somitomi in any way, I will day vig her. Potentially.
I’m not afraid of you. And there’s almost 0 chance I will vote for somitomi today anyway. I reserve the right to FoS him.
The prohibition here does seem stronger than last game and last game you were correct, so I'm asking why. Alternatively, explaining what I misunderstood about your thought process is always an option.

");
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

madge wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:49 amWhen you receive your role PM, please confirm in thread. Do not start playing until Day 1 officially starts.
Also for the record, this is the reason why I confirmed the way I did and perhaps it is why others did too? The emphasis to not start playing seemed to imply the mods didn't want us to post something that might be alignment indicative, and simply confirm.
Seven (she, him, their)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
Also, Seven and Bessy, which of you was responsible for beginning the game by talking in Tamarian?Because Darmok and Jalad on the ocean.

");
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Adum since you're here I just want to clarify now that I am no longer under the corruption of cyber-pharmaceuticals.

I hold zero ill will towards you. I was salty for a while, but the game was so long ago, I don't even remember the details. Additionally, we are only now reconnecting after many years, and I think we are different people now. I've much enjoyed your presence and content in the discord server since you joined and seeing you play these last two games. While it is possible that I have biases toward your play (we all have unconscious biases), I assure you that I don't hold any conscious negative feelings about your play or capabilities.
Seven (she, him, their)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("

Referring to "Things I Like" mafia, Bessie linked the thread a bit ago.

");
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:07 am System.out.println("
Also, Seven and Bessy, which of you was responsible for beginning the game by talking in Tamarian?Because Darmok and Jalad on the ocean.

");
Children of Tama U+1F60A
Seven (she, him, their)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
Seven wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:08 am Adum since you're here I just want to clarify now that I am no longer under the corruption of cyber-pharmaceuticals.

I hold zero ill will towards you. I was salty for a while, but the game was so long ago, I don't even remember the details. Additionally, we are only now reconnecting after many years, and I think we are different people now. I've much enjoyed your presence and content in the discord server since you joined and seeing you play these last two games. While it is possible that I have biases toward your play (we all have unconscious biases), I assure you that I don't hold any conscious negative feelings about your play or capabilities.
I'm not a fan of how you replaced out when you were about to be lynched, it's one of a couple of mafia moves that really stuck with me and while I enjoyed the game overall it definitely contributed to me taking a break from mafia.

That said, it's no excuse for me to be rude to you for something that happened so long ago and it doesn't mean I have a problem with you as a person for it.

However, my analysis wasn't because I think you hate me or something. I was tunneling you extremely hard that game, for reasons I considered justified. I can't know for sure whether I'd play the same way today, but my point was because you were a target of me being really relentlessly on you when I was wrong seems to loom really large over your understanding of my play even if the details of the game aren't necessarily fresh in your mind and that realization was essential to understanding where you were coming from. Having an imperfect understanding of my meta isn't a personal failing.

Btw, you said it "wasn't because I don't understand the difference between anti-town and scum", mind walking me through your thought process then on your initial read of me as scum?
Seven wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:13 am
AdumbroDeus wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:07 am System.out.println("

");
Children of Tama U+1F60A
Sokath, his eyes uncovered

");