Re: HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

EBWOP

That was supposed to day 'Just wanted'

Swiping on my phone and have no clue why it spelled Rajeev instead of wanted
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

boomfrog wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:20 pm I'm amused that no one questioned such a provocative statement until now. I guess that's two parts my reputation as a mysterious mind-reader and one part that most people read Glue as town or neutral. Anyway this post:
I guess that's the price you pay for making unusual D1 shenanigans your thing

@Zeniba: could you summarize your moody read in your own words?
heuristically_alone wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:50 am I feel well bonded. Are you claiming not Indy?
Dude, don't ruin the moment. There is no claim here, only a remark on the accuracy of your observation.
Also not a "would I do as scum". I'm stating a fact of something I haven't done in the past.
Yes, but you are using that to dispute the idea that you might be defending your partner in this game. Ergo, "would I do this as scum"
bessie wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:37 am Because somitomi frequently gets eliminated on D1, most of the time as town, and more than once because I tunneled him on D1. Sometimes it’s just because he is in the wrong time zone and isn’t online at end of day to defend himself. So, guilt? Anyway I want him to make it to D2.
From my point of view, all of you are in the wrong timezone :P
Rose's boytoy.

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("

Since boomfrog hasn't followed up and it's relevant to how read boomfrog, I'll open up the floor.

@Anyone: who is Fonti and what's his scum game like? Is he considered a strong scum player?

");
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

moody7277 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:07 am So, Zen's Freudian analysis of me is that since I mention bessie and BF so much we three are the scumteam?

I too am a little weirded out that LaserGuy has me at most townie, that cuts sharply across my usual meta.

Maybe I missed something, how are you assuming that Zen's pairing you with Bessie and BF in that post?
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
EGW

Post by EGW »

Seven wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:13 amI feel like we need more evidence on Blue, you haven't convinced me yet. Why did you go after him specifically as opposed to JC?
JC never posted. Gluelock's entry post pinged me, therefore I voted him to see his reaction, and try to get the game rolling with that.
moody7277 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:05 amMy meta, as my long time fellow players can confirm, is a starting position of slightly scummy, probably a -0.5 on my scale. In fact, Zeniba's first post conforms to it well enough that I found it strangely comforting. Laserguy's read of me as super-townie makes me wonder what I did to deserve such.
How does that factor into your read of him? I have noted you have only used cynical view once this game, curious why you haven't used it more compared to Sorcerer's Mafia.
boomfrog wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:28 am @EGW: What's your read on Seven?
Overall, I've realized Seven is scum here. He had a good starting post. Yet his early content wasn't readable, and Adum responds with that exact observation, which Seven calls out as mafia-indicative. It doesn't seem like something mafia indicative, and he doesn't work hard to get Adum eliminated as you are doing. I think he's trying to appear townie more than actually progress town's win condition at this point. He also fits well with LaserGuy as a team, as he seems to put his energy into creating an understanding between him and Adum.
boomfrog wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:14 pmThat's still ongoing and I await [LaserGuy's] answer to my question.
Is this still ongoing? I seem to remember that you declined to answer a question regarding Moody and Laser and I'm wondering if it's due to this question.
bessie wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:37 amEGW, going back to this post from Millerizer Mafia, how do you think this game might differ than that one as to my opening post?
I just re-read, and noted your post about all the confirmation posts being acceptable. I actually like this question. I thought it odd that Zen could find content within the confirmation posts, but with my realization that he is scum, I believe your initial impression was genuine.
bessie wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:41 amQuit trying to steal my schtick. Everyone's confirmation post was perfectly acceptable. Which is suspicious.
This post in retrospect seems genuine. Yet I would like to see a full reads list from you, because it seems like you haven't grasped onto anything yet.
EGW

Post by EGW »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:13 am@Anyone: who is Fonti and what's his scum game like? Is he considered a strong scum player?
Fonti is a strong player. I think they might have played in a hydra with Regfan, who I know is a top scumhunter on MafiaScum, so you can probably equate Fonti with Swiss, yes. I played in the game with them, but I personally don't remember their play outside of wanting to make sure she talked with the key players and talk reads. I think they focused on town cohesion, probably. I don't remember what her alignment was, and haven't really interacted much with her beyond that game. (I don't remember if I played in a game with her in it in other games)
EGW

Post by EGW »

boomfrog wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:53 pmFor the record. Heury has been missyeeted frequently in the past for misunderstandings. He's... a sub-par explainer of his thoughts in my experience.
At the moment, Heury's tone in his posts seem to mirror Sorcerer Mafia where he was town. I remember when he was scum in Millerizer Mafia, he was opportunistic.
EGW

Post by EGW »

somitomi wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:22 am@Zeniba: could you summarize your moody read in your own words?
Speaking of reads, can you give some reads? I'm mostly interested in your scumreads.
EGW

Post by EGW »

LaserGuy wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:57 pmIn Sorc mafia you were active in the thread as of Page 2.
Exactly. The time frame is exactly the same there as it was here. The difference is that the game was pretty dead for two days before I re-entered the thread, and here there was plenty of activity. Plus, in the same game, I mention I am posting less. Posting less does harm my image, but it helps me with my read accuracy.
EGW wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:56 amI know you asked, but I am trying to post less, so I ignored it figuring someone would mention who I was.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:13 am System.out.println("

Since boomfrog hasn't followed up and it's relevant to how read boomfrog, I'll open up the floor.

@Anyone: who is Fonti and what's his scum game like? Is he considered a strong scum player?

");
Fonti's scum game is excellent, she plays as a very proactive townie while being subtlety manipulative.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

EGW wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:37 pm Overall, I've realized Seven is scum here. He had a good starting post. Yet his early content wasn't readable, and Adum responds with that exact observation, which Seven calls out as mafia-indicative. It doesn't seem like something mafia indicative, and he doesn't work hard to get Adum eliminated as you are doing. I think he's trying to appear townie more than actually progress town's win condition at this point. He also fits well with LaserGuy as a team, as he seems to put his energy into creating an understanding between him and Adum.
How long have you felt he was scum?
boomfrog wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:14 pmThat's still ongoing and I await [LaserGuy's] answer to my question.
Is this still ongoing? I seem to remember that you declined to answer a question regarding Moody and Laser and I'm wondering if it's due to this question.
No it is not really going to progress anymore. LG actually ninja answered my question while I posted that. I don't remember what the question about Moody and LG was but let's assume it was asking for a read.

They are both hard slots to read. I'm still chewing on the ramifications of LG thinking Mak was literally talking about mechanical win cons. It hints that he had less context then the rest of us which is why that version of the discussion was plausible to him. So scummy ping but it's not enough for me to declare him scum for sure.

Moody is being Moody. Nothing had pinged me much except his early Bessie read. I have come around to that being slightly townie for its boldness. His recent posts have been pretty fluffy though. I'd like to see more concrete content.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Somi, you haven’t commented on my hard core defending you throughout the game. Peculiar.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
EGW

Post by EGW »

boomfrog wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:58 pmHow long have you felt he was scum?
This is a fresh read, only just recently. With Zen, I am aware he likes to post less so he can focus on determining scum, yet that's the part that I have realized was missing. It just takes a bit longer to ascertain his alignment. Plus, I can't genuinely say he is town pinging me at the moment, besides the initial post and his post trying to be the mediator between Adum and LaserGuy.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

EGW wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:05 pm
boomfrog wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:58 pmHow long have you felt he was scum?
This is a fresh read, only just recently. With Zen, I am aware he likes to post less so he can focus on determining scum, yet that's the part that I have realized was missing. It just takes a bit longer to ascertain his alignment. Plus, I can't genuinely say he is town pinging me at the moment, besides the initial post and his post trying to be the mediator between Adum and LaserGuy.
Why did you suggest I discuss my reads with Zen if you didn't have a strong town read on him?
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

EGW wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:37 pm
Seven wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:13 amI feel like we need more evidence on Blue, you haven't convinced me yet. Why did you go after him specifically as opposed to JC?
JC never posted. Gluelock's entry post pinged me, therefore I voted him to see his reaction, and try to get the game rolling with that.
What about Zeniba though? The moody vote and dip and subsequent posts haven’t pinged you? I don’t get why you’re focusing on glue.
Seven (she, him, their)
EGW

Post by EGW »

boomfrog wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:10 pmWhy did you suggest I discuss my reads with Zen if you didn't have a strong town read on him?
I had a slight town read on Zen when I suggested that, and it changed after coming to the conclusion that Gluelock was neutral town leaning. Yet it came to me naturally after, and not in the same post.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Seven wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:13 pmWhat about Zeniba though? The moody vote and dip and subsequent posts haven’t pinged you? I don’t get why you’re focusing on glue.
I've noted that you mentioned Zeniba is Trisscar, and I don't really have a great method to reading them just yet, because I happen to remember them refusing to vote at all during the game I played with them on Smashboards. I'm neutral on them. I'm talking about early game Glue by the way, my read has changed on him so I am not focusing on him anymore. Since you are asking me about Gluelock, can you elaborate on your read of them?
EGW

Post by EGW »

Seven wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:05 pmSomi, you haven’t commented on my hard core defending you throughout the game. Peculiar.
Why the word Peculiar?
EGW

Post by EGW »

Why do you compare JC to Gluelock here? JC had not posted at the time so it would not have been a useful place to put my vote on. I don't see why you feel I could have voted JC there.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

EGW wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:43 pm
Why do you compare JC to Gluelock here? JC had not posted at the time so it would not have been a useful place to put my vote on. I don't see why you feel I could have voted JC there.
JC had about as much content as early game blue. You voted blue off one rvs intro post.
Seven (she, him, their)
EGW

Post by EGW »

Seven wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:20 pmJC had about as much content as early game blue. You voted blue off one rvs intro post.
No, JC did not. Yes, I did.
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

@mod I moved my vote from EGW to moody in my full reads post

liking the burst of content from zeniba but that full reads post is a nightmare to parse, lots of quotes that arent in quote tags makes it tougher to read

@adum Fonti is a powerwolf for sure, seen her snow the fuck out of people in clutch moments (myself included)

I'm leaving to go on vacation for the long weekend today but I will make it a point to do a full re-read before deadline and carve out some time to be online for deadline. traveling pretty much the whole rest of the day today though, should be able to finish re-read tomorrow which gives plenty of time to be ready for EOD on Monday
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

somitomi wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:05 pm [
LaserGuy wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:26 pm Is this an indy claim?
Nope, just bonding.
I usually would take 'You know me so well' to mean that you are acknowledging the point. This interaction with heury feels odd to me.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

moody7277 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:07 am So, Zen's Freudian analysis of me is that since I mention bessie and BF so much we three are the scumteam?

I too am a little weirded out that LaserGuy has me at most townie, that cuts sharply across my usual meta.
I've always find you kind of straightforward and easy to read, TBH. I think your meta used to be cagier but I haven't found that to be the case in recent years. I've had a few good Town pings off of you this game and am reasonably happy with that read at this point.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

bessie wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:37 am Woof! The forum was down during the hour I allocate to play every night I will try to get through as much as I can.

Picking up where I left off on Page 5.
LaserGuy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:51 pm I checked and you are right about bessie on Millerizer, so your critique isn't entirely invalid.
And with that information, LaserGuy, what insight does it give you as to my alignment?
I don't based my read off of you on things like whether or not you do confirmation analysis. I think EGW is incorrect that this is alignment indicative for you. As we've discussed before, my way of reading you is usually more related to tone/energy levels + black magic.
heuristically_alone wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:46 am
Also, Laserguy, I miss when you used to post your thoughts in more detail throughout the game on a separate site and share them at the end of the game. They were always quite enjoyable to read. You should consider doing it again.
+1, QFT, etc... <3
I was very sad when they shut that site down a few years ago, though I was able to save all of my old logs. I usually just use a Google doc for whatever notes I bother to make these days.
machine of death.PNG
I love the names on all of your pictures.
LaserGuy wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:28 am FWIW, I have played with bessie more than, I think, any other player in mafia, except possibly Sabrar or somitomi. I have good meta on her and can read her well enough that it was kind of a meme at one point in time that I always knew her alignment.
This is true we have joked about it before, again I know there is proof in the Gojoe thread but I can’t search it now.
There was a big discussion about it in WWZ mafia, as I recall, which was rather delightful.