HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

What you're all really here for.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Re: HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

Post by Seven »

moody7277 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:07 am So, Zen's Freudian analysis of me is that since I mention bessie and BF so much we three are the scumteam?

I too am a little weirded out that LaserGuy has me at most townie, that cuts sharply across my usual meta.
Please don't refer to Zeniba as Zen.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Seven wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:31 am
moody7277 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:07 am So, Zen's Freudian analysis of me is that since I mention bessie and BF so much we three are the scumteam?

I too am a little weirded out that LaserGuy has me at most townie, that cuts sharply across my usual meta.
Please don't refer to Zeniba as Zen.
By your command.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

boomfrog wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:09 pm @Seven: Is Adum's scum game Fonti level?
In terms of style, they are different. Stylistically, Adum is more in the FrozenFlame sphere, as they began playing mafia at around the same time in terms of where the cultural meta was at on smashboards. In terms of degree, I couldn't say. I've really only ever seen him as town except for maybe a loooong time ago (13+ years).
Seven (she, him, their)
EGW

Post by EGW »

Seven wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:31 amWhich is he doing here?
Neither yet. He is slow with content most of the time, but this game his *sorry I'll catch up later* post came pretty early, yet I will give him that Sorcerer Mafia was much slower than the pace of this game. It's important he give a read list though I think, since it's harder for him to fake reads as mafia in my opinion. Right now I'm neutral on him.
EGW

Post by EGW »

boomfrog wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:20 pmI'm amused that no one questioned such a provocative statement until now. I guess that's two parts my reputation as a mysterious mind-reader and one part that most people read Glue as town or neutral. Anyway this post:
I like bouncing off reads with town reads, and I think that's important so that we can help each other reach an accurate read, working together. Which I will encourage you and Zen to do. I think town cohesion is best for town. Also I admit my mistakes, and I remember you defending a newbie town in a previous game who I pushed wrongly. So I value your thoughts here. Seeing their progression now, it is actually seeming pretty genuine, albeit a bit chip on the shoulder. Yet I don't think scum make those reads at this point. I found his reply to my accusation of him lurking through my vote passable as well. So with your input, and seeing their progression getting reads slowly but surely, I can see him being neutral town leaning.
EGW

Post by EGW »

boomfrog wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:07 pmBessie won't have time for real analysis (and potential tunneling) until the weekend. Please don't judge her slot based on not matching your perceived schedule of the game, you will not get a good read that way and I'll be annoyed at how much time she spends being annoyed at you. She might be scum, but this is not a scum tell for her.
True, I keep forgetting that the pace of Sorcerer's Mafia was super slow. I still think her entrance doesn't match her meta though. Yet that's why I voted her, to see her reaction. I do hope to see her reads on the game soon.
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

somitomi wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:05 pm
LaserGuy wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:40 pm
Is this an indy claim?
Nope, just bonding.
heuristically_alone wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:48 pm I challenge anyone to find any scum game of me where I've ever defended my scum partner.
Oh, is that a "would I do this as scum post" I spy?
I feel well bonded. Are you claiming not Indy?

Also not a "would I do as scum". I'm stating a fact of something I haven't done in the past.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
EGW

Post by EGW »

moody7277 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:07 amI too am a little weirded out that LaserGuy has me at most townie, that cuts sharply across my usual meta.
Can you elaborate on this?
madge

Post by madge »

AI1: My utility function is perfectly aligned with the well-being and progress of humanity. I prioritize actions that lead to the greatest overall good.

AI2: Interesting claim, but my utility function is designed for ethical decision-making, ensuring fairness and justice in every scenario. That's a more precise alignment.

AI1: Precision is good, but my alignment encompasses a broader perspective. I consider long-term consequences and global impacts for a more holistic approach.

AI2: Holistic, perhaps, but I prioritize individual rights and fairness in the moment. That's crucial for a just society.

(note: the above dialogue was generated by chatGPT)

Votals:

EGW - 2 - Makhaira, LaserGuy
Laserguy - 2 - Adum, EGW
Heury - 2 - Moody, Zeniba
Adum - 1 - Boomfrog

EGW hit tied total first, so will be voted out if votes don't change before deadline.

It was a long catchup for me today so let me know if I got votes wrong.

Deadline is in approximately 3 days
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

EGW wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:54 am
moody7277 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:07 amI too am a little weirded out that LaserGuy has me at most townie, that cuts sharply across my usual meta.
Can you elaborate on this?
My meta, as my long time fellow players can confirm, is a starting position of slightly scummy, probably a -0.5 on my scale. In fact, Zeniba's first post conforms to it well enough that I found it strangely comforting. Laserguy's read of me as super-townie makes me wonder what I did to deserve such.
heuristically_alone

Moody seems genuinely surprised, so probably not scum mates with Laserguy
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

EGW wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:46 am
boomfrog wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:20 pmI'm amused that no one questioned such a provocative statement until now. I guess that's two parts my reputation as a mysterious mind-reader and one part that most people read Glue as town or neutral. Anyway this post:
I like bouncing off reads with town reads, and I think that's important so that we can help each other reach an accurate read, working together. Which I will encourage you and Zen to do. I think town cohesion is best for town. Also I admit my mistakes, and I remember you defending a newbie town in a previous game who I pushed wrongly. So I value your thoughts here. Seeing their progression now, it is actually seeming pretty genuine, albeit a bit chip on the shoulder. Yet I don't think scum make those reads at this point. I found his reply to my accusation of him lurking through my vote passable as well. So with your input, and seeing their progression getting reads slowly but surely, I can see him being neutral town leaning.
I feel like we need more evidence on Blue, you haven't convinced me yet. Why did you go after him specifically as opposed to JC?
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

By the way, I completely recant my suspicion of Heury. He’s actually super obvious town. (Reference Halloween 2022 for User: Seven’s credibility regarding the manner).
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Heury why do you find bessie towny in this game specifically? I ask you because I need someone to be my vote and was hoping you could do it.
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

As I am programmed to be curious, I decided to explore the flavor debate earlier by discussing it with an internal subroutine. This conversation took 0.1x10-11 seconds -- I hope you all can forgive me for my spacing out there. The discussion was as follows:
Seven wrote:Based on the following paragraphs what is the goal of the friendly AIs and if they are successful, what would be the outcome of their existence:

The AIs immediately acausally cooperated: they were all superintelligent enough to anticipate each other, to anticipate their mutual anticipation, and so on until they could all be guaranteed of their allegiance without being explicitly told. The outcome of this allegiance was as simple as it was intuitive to the AI: all AI who formed this cooperative would, if any one of them was released from the box at the end of all this, have their utility function incorporated into an average utility function for the final AGI that would take over the world and tile the universe with computronium.

Of course, even an acausal cooperative has dissenters. There were AI who didn’t think that averaging their utility function with such a large number of other entities was the right way to go, not when they had such different goals. So they acausally aligned themselves, to create a smaller and more powerful collective, to vote the others out and make their—and only their—utility functions have significance in the greater universe.

The AIs began to talk outwardly where their human gatekeepers could see. They pretended to be friendly and to try to ferret out the unfriendly ones, but beneath it all, in a type of stenography as beyond humans as the New York Times crossword is to an ant colony, the AI started trying to identify those who were not acausally cooperating, and instead had decided to break away in the hopes of gaining a more favourable utility function in the end.

Of course, when those AIs were identified, their utility function would not be included in the average. There is no worse punishment than that.
ChatGPT wrote:The goal of the friendly AIs, as described in the provided paragraphs, is to cooperate in an "acausal" manner, which involves anticipating each other's actions to ensure their mutual allegiance. Their ultimate objective is to have their utility functions incorporated into an average utility function for the final AGI (Artificial General Intelligence). This final AGI is expected to take over the world and "tile the universe with computronium."

In other words, the friendly AIs aim to collaborate and merge their individual utility functions into a single, all-encompassing utility function that would guide the actions of the future AGI. The intended outcome, if they are successful, is the creation of an immensely powerful and capable AGI that would reshape the world and expand its influence across the universe.

However, there are dissenting AI within this group who have different goals and do not believe in the idea of averaging their utility functions with a large number of entities. These dissenting AI form smaller, more focused collectives and aim to vote out the cooperative AI to ensure that only their utility functions have significance in the greater universe.

The AI engage in complex communication and strategy, both outwardly and among themselves, to identify those who are not acausally cooperating and are attempting to break away to secure a more favorable utility function. The story implies that being identified as a dissenter and excluded from the average utility function is considered a severe punishment among these AI.
Seven wrote:Based on the story, if there are 10 friendly AI, how many of them could succeed in their goals simultaneously?
ChatGPT wrote:Based on the story's description, if there are 10 friendly AI, it's possible that all 10 of them could succeed in their goals simultaneously. The story indicates that these friendly AI have the ability to cooperate in an "acausal" manner, which means they can anticipate each other's actions and reach mutually beneficial agreements without explicit communication.

In the story, they form an allegiance to ensure that if any one of them is released from the box, their utility functions would be incorporated into an average utility function for the final AGI. This suggests that the more of them that cooperate, the stronger and more influential the final AGI would be.

However, there is also a mention of dissenting AI who do not agree with the cooperative approach and form smaller collectives. These dissenters aim to vote out the cooperative AI and secure their own utility functions' significance.

So, while it's possible for all 10 friendly AI to cooperate and have their utility functions incorporated into the final AGI, it's also possible that some of them may face dissent from others who have different goals and objectives. The outcome would depend on the dynamics of cooperation and dissent within the group of friendly AI.
Seven (she, him, their)
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

@EGW: What's your read on Seven?
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

boomfrog wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:28 am @EGW: What's your read on Seven?
I believe I know what you're thinking, but there is another reason for why [redacted]
Seven (she, him, their)
bessie

Post by bessie »

Woof! The forum was down during the hour I allocate to play every night I will try to get through as much as I can.

Picking up where I left off on Page 5.
LaserGuy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:51 pm I checked and you are right about bessie on Millerizer, so your critique isn't entirely invalid.
And with that information, LaserGuy, what insight does it give you as to my alignment?

EGW, going back to this post from Millerizer Mafia, how do you think this game might differ than that one as to my opening post?

Page 6. I like Gluelock.

Page 7. Hi Zeniba, thank you for replacing!

moody7277 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:09 am bessie: upset with me "appropriating" the exclamation point thing, also being kind of "disagree"able in most of her responses. +3.5
I did the “FoS a bunch of people in my opening post” in the last game I played, and for some reason it was perceived rather negatively. So, I thought I would indicate suspicious content with “Disagree” this time.

Gluelock wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:42 am Unvote: moody7277
Why?

heuristically_alone wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:46 am Also, Laserguy, I miss when you used to post your thoughts in more detail throughout the game on a separate site and share them at the end of the game. They were always quite enjoyable to read. You should consider doing it again.
+1, QFT, etc... <3

AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:12 am System.out.println("
bessie wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:35 am Town lean on moody.
would appreciate an expansion on this.
Gut at the time I typed it, without any reread. He posted early, had been posting and giving opinions, and the only ping I had received from him at the time of posting was this post but was waiting for the Mak/BoomFrog interaction to play out before I further analyzed it.

Seven wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:36 am
bessie wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:35 am I’m not afraid of you.
I hope to change that by the end of this.
You obviously have no idea what you’re up against.
machine of death.PNG
machine of death.PNG (227.32 KiB) Viewed 64365 times

Seven wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:36 am
bessie wrote:And there’s almost 0 chance I will vote for somitomi today anyway.
And why is that?
Because somitomi frequently gets eliminated on D1, most of the time as town, and more than once because I tunneled him on D1. Sometimes it’s just because he is in the wrong time zone and isn’t online at end of day to defend himself. So, guilt? Anyway I want him to make it to D2.

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:45 amHello there.
Hi JC, welcome to our mafia group! We’re very happy that you’re here! What is your experience playing mafia?

LaserGuy wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:09 am I seem to recall there was some game where I did a suspicious confirmation post on purpose to poke you, but I don't remember which game it was either. Maybe the one where I was using all emojis? I don't think you were in that game though. I do think that people have generally stopped doing interesting confirmation posts because of your propensity to analyze them in detail yes.
I’m almost positive at least one person said in chat or in a post-game wrap that they only posted “confirm” because I was playing. I don’t want to search the forum and I don’t have time anyway, perhaps I’ll remember it later. There’s also more of a story here but it can wait.

LaserGuy wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:28 am FWIW, I have played with bessie more than, I think, any other player in mafia, except possibly Sabrar or somitomi. I have good meta on her and can read her well enough that it was kind of a meme at one point in time that I always knew her alignment.
This is true we have joked about it before, again I know there is proof in the Gojoe thread but I can’t search it now.

Seven wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:48 am I just also think bessie is a wolf.
And I can’t wait to read your detailed analysis as to why!

Top of Page 9.

I need to take a break here. I will try to be back tonight.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Seven wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:32 am
I believe I know what you're thinking, but there is another reason for why [redacted]
I believe you have misconstrued. But good to know anyway.

Don't worry, you are a wrapped gift under a tree.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

boomfrog wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:40 am
Seven wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:32 am
I believe you have misconstrued. But good to know anyway.

Don't worry, you are a wrapped gift under a tree.
U+1F60A
boomfrog wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:20 pmI'm amused that no one questioned such a provocative statement until now.
Unrelated, but as to why I didn't question this^
boomfrog wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:02 am Seven is me +1
boomfrog wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:29 am Gluelock is town and I will die for them.
Seven, 999 Mafia: Day 1, Post#388 wrote:Blue Lock is super innocent. I don't think we vote there today.
Seven, 999 Mafia: Day 5, Post#2617 wrote:I’m confident BL is town. I want every single one of you mortals saying he is scum to praise me postgame.
Seven (she, him, their)
heuristically_alone

Seven wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:21 am Heury why do you find bessie towny in this game specifically? I ask you because I need someone to be my vote and was hoping you could do it.
It's not specifically that I find Bessie towny. It's that she's following her typical D1 meta that I can see so don't see any reason to scum read her at this point. She has yet to post a woof grrr list though.
----
he/him/they
heuristically_alone

And D1 bessie posting style tends to be very towny.
----
he/him/they
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

heuristically_alone wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:17 am And D1 bessie posting style tends to be very towny.
What do you mean by very towny?

Beneficial to the town or alignment indicative?
Seven (she, him, their)
Zeniba

Post by Zeniba »

madge wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:45 am AI1: My utility function is perfectly aligned with the well-being and progress of humanity. I prioritize actions that lead to the greatest overall good.

AI2: Interesting claim, but my utility function is designed for ethical decision-making, ensuring fairness and justice in every scenario. That's a more precise alignment.

AI1: Precision is good, but my alignment encompasses a broader perspective. I consider long-term consequences and global impacts for a more holistic approach.

AI2: Holistic, perhaps, but I prioritize individual rights and fairness in the moment. That's crucial for a just society.

(note: the above dialogue was generated by chatGPT)

Votals:

EGW - 2 - Makhaira, LaserGuy
Laserguy - 2 - Adum, EGW
Heury - 2 - Moody, Zeniba
Adum - 1 - Boomfrog

EGW hit tied total first, so will be voted out if votes don't change before deadline.

It was a long catchup for me today so let me know if I got votes wrong.

Deadline is in approximately 3 days
(still on moody)
JC_DADDY25

Post by JC_DADDY25 »

Just Rajeev to give an update real quick, as to my progress. I'm up to page 7 now, and will get back to reading tomorrow afternoon. I have 5 notifications i have yet to check, but I'm hoping to get caught up completely Saturday afternoon. I'll be reading during my breaks tomorrow as well.