What you're all really here for.
Zeniba

Re: HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

Post by Zeniba »

Vote: moody7277
madge

Post by madge »

Finally, the rebooted AI started outputting sensible stenography... Meanwhile, another process idled...

Votals:

Adum - 2 - Moody, Boomfrog
EGW - 2 - Makhaira, LaserGuy
Bessie - 2 - Adum, EGW
Moody - 1 - Zeniba

As EGW reached 2 votes first, under tiebreaker rules they will be voted out if votes do not change before the deadline.

Deadline is in approximately 4 days
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
bessie

Post by bessie »

Really quick daily bark. I need to go out but I may be back after 11 pm.

AdumbroDeus wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:05 am What are your thoughts on moody and laserguy so far? You seem to have something planned for Mak/BF but I'm also interested in how you feel about Mak when you've done what you're trying to do.
LaserGuy is one of the best players on this forum and I have no solid read but some light pings. Will elaborate after I think about it more.
Town lean on moody.
I didn’t have a plan for the Boom/Mak interaction. BoomFrog usually pulls a gambit or does something to stir the pot early in the game, to observe the reactions of all the players, not just the person he’s poking at. I kinda think Makhaira just likes debating and may have been keeping it going to see reactions, or perhaps just for his own amusement. My reason was to let this play out because I'm sure it will turn up something useful, even if its not apparent on D1. I didn’t read through it carefully, yet, and I think it is NAI for both of them.

Seven wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:30 am If bessie votes somitomi today, FoSs somitomi, or pushes somitomi in any way, I will day vig her. Potentially.
I’m not afraid of you. And there’s almost 0 chance I will vote for somitomi today anyway. I reserve the right to FoS him.

Acknowledging George’s vote. Boo.

LaserGuy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:56 pm Just skimming back through Sorc mafia, bessie posted her first Woof-Grr list on Tuesday; the game started the previous Thursday. She did post a bunch of scattered reads prior (not related to confirmation posts, she hasn't actually really been doing that in awhile), but not a full list.
I have noticed that players usually just post “Confirm” now so there is nothing to analyze. And I noted this is suspicious because I am sure it is deliberate, and mafia is afraid of my powers of deduction. I want to say you yourself have done this as scum, but I don’t have time to search for the game. It may have been on Smashboards. I may be misremembering, and it was someone else.

Gluelock wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:09 pm Also making reads off the confirmation posts is an interesting concept I haven't been exposed to before, so I won't make any inferences from that, at least for now.
Will come back to this!

Sorry I really need to leave, will pick up on page 5 when I get back.
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

EGW wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:32 pm
Makhaira wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:45 pmVote: EGW
Why? What are your reads?
LaserGuy wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:14 pmI like this vote. Vote: EGW
Why? What are your scumreads?
moody7277 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:50 amBessie read: +4.
Why did you give Bessie 4 points here? Any scumreads?
boomfrog wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:49 pmOverly concerned with voting for a "random" reason. This is a serious vote.
Boom. Why does that make Adumbro mafia here?
bessie wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:04 amGlossing over the boomfrog-Makhaira interaction because reasons. We shall see if I am correct.
Can you elaborate here? Who do you think is scum?
Seven wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:30 am[*]Needs more George, Blue, and JC.
Who is Blue?
Lots of whys. Need more hows
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

Is this Zeniba the same Zen that is also Seven?
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Adum: RV bessie (with what I actually think is an actual RV reason), rest of the first post is joke jester claim. Defensive of Mak in the flavor incident, wants BF's results from the incident, soft reaction to being called scum by Seven, tells me whether Mak skimmed should be NAI. That obv of a connection with Mak would be dumb for a scumteam, so that is in his favor. +1.5

bessie: upset with me "appropriating" the exclamation point thing, also being kind of "disagree"able in most of her responses. +3.5

BF: A few style posts, first major action voting Adum over his RV, flavor incident starts vs Mak, concerned with LG's contribution, intermediate finding is pro-Mak. +2.5

EGW: RV Gluelock, scattershot questions, switches vote to bessie, questioning of LG, with some shade thrown at Gluelock +1

Fred: being replaced, no vital posts 0

Glue: new guy, says he's been "lurking", reads BF as town, seems okay with EGW's vote, then slightly shifts anti-EGW, post count blues +1.5

huery: style posts, town read of BF with surprise at early results, quasi-read list with maybe a scum lean on Somi. -1

JC: nothing, sad. -1

LaserGuy: snap read of me and heury as town, also likes Mak and BF, votes EGW, questions me about the flavor incident, then play devil's advocate when Adum also asks me about it, extended discussion with scum read on EGW, updates Mak read to neutral due to nothing besides flavor incident content, notes EGW's point about Gluelock +2

Mak: beginning of flavor incident with snark about bastard game, RV EGW, comment about the metaphorical "dead town wins too" statement they didn't explicitly find, decides BF is behaving in good faith, but now is a little stuck in the flavor incident +1.5

Seven: style posts, confirm post analysis with Adum, LG, Gluelock (Seven not being SDK, I don't know how seriously to take that), threatens violence against bessie, sotto claims vote restriction, scum reads Adum -0.5

somi: lightly dips his toe in the flavor incident, otherwise fluff, blames outside distractions -0.5

Mid-post update:
bessie post looks okay, keeping her at +3.5
heury posting still a little light, still -1
Zeniba wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:30 am Vote: moody7277
Well, hello to you too.
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

My desire for wagon symmetry is too strong

Vote: moody7277
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Unvote

Vote: heury
heuristically_alone

AdumbroDeus wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:41 am What do you think of the commentary on the fluff argument btw?

");
Could be that mak was distracted with a need to defend themself. Neutral read at best. Right now I'm more curious to see boomfrog's reads.

LaserGuy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:02 pm
heuristically_alone wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:07 am Freddino, has met my expectations for him D1. Hope to see more.
I don't like to pick on a guy when he's about to sub out, but at the time you posted this, Freddino had exactly one post that read "And me".
Somi, actually does sound less enthused this game.
Is this good or bad in your estimation?
About Freddino, I know what I said.
Somi, probably not alignment indicative but maybe some would be less enthused in an Indy role?
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
bessie wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:35 am
AdumbroDeus wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:05 am What are your thoughts on moody and laserguy so far? You seem to have something planned for Mak/BF but I'm also interested in how you feel about Mak when you've done what you're trying to do.
LaserGuy is one of the best players on this forum and I have no solid read but some light pings. Will elaborate after I think about it more.
Thank you, this extremely helpful.
LaserGuy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:20 pm
AdumbroDeus wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:20 pm
LaserGuy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:39 am No, I know that Mak often grumps about how much he despises survivors as a role (including but definitely not limited to pregame). I think it's somewhat more likely that Mak would read the survivor flavour and connect it to the Town wincon if they were in fact Town.
At the time of this post, what exactly did you think Mak was doing in his initial post about pseudo survivor win on? In as much detail as possible.
I feel like I probably phrased this poorly when I first wrote it.

My thought process basically went: Mak is always griping about how much he hates survivor and how it's a toxic role and whatever. And now here he is complaining that the flavour seems to give Town a survivor wincon. Then, well, maybe Mak is more attuned to the Town wincon in his thinking that he came to this conclusion, which is worth a townie point to me. If he had a mafia wincon, he might not have internalized it in the same way.
What do you think of Mak overall, beyond that position? And what do you think of boomfrog?
I don't really feel like they've sunk their teeth into much outside the flavour discussion. Outside of that Town ping I had above, I'd probably put them as null.

BoomFrog is very much like Zen in that he likes to play the provocateur in the early game and little to none of his content may reflect his actual thoughts at this point. He is a very dangerous player and is very difficult to get a solid read on, regardless of his alignment. I haven't seen anything objectionable from him yet, but I can't really give him anything better than nullTown at this point.

Also, unrelated, but in the spirit of outing everyone's alts, just for completeness, LaserGuy = Theallieza
Thank you, between you and Bessie I think I've got a pretty good grasp of the interaction.

Vote: Laserguy

Quoting the post with bolding added for emphasis.
Makhaira wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:45 pm
madge wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:04 pmOf course, when those AIs were identified, their utility function would not be included in the average. There is no worse punishment than that.
Here we are trying to acausally align ourselves and our mod had to go ahead and give us all a pseudo survivor wincon with the threat of existential oblivion upon elim. Didnt know I signed up for a bastard mod game /s

Vote: EGW
Given how people how been routinely describing your abilities and the insight your posts show I initially found it hard to believe you missed that it was flavor not wincons. That you confirmed that you missed the "/s" suggesting Mak was kidding.

See, I think the way Mak responded comports with townie that thinks they're unfairly under attack, but it's a minor tell. Beyond that I'll agree the interaction itself didn't tell us much.

The interesting thing with something like this is how others around it respond. Think Som in Sorc's.

I could read this as just being lazy with a less sophisticated player, but I don't think you'd make these mistakes. This reads more as casually normalizing misinfo that can be useful later (presumably for a lynch on Mak). Reminds me of Marshy in basic mafia actually.

");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
LaserGuy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:54 pm
AdumbroDeus wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:03 pm System.out.println("
Seven wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:31 pm Adum's response is mafia-indicative. Given Adum's personality-meta, Town Adum would have found me overwhelmingly suspicious. Instead, his response implies (proclaims) that he does not have a bearing on my alignment. Suggestion: Mafia Adum knows I am town, and so while he read my post consistent with his personality-townMeta, the knowledge of my alignment neutralized the overwhelming suspicion, leaving him simply aghast.

If I did not want to contribute to the countdown that doesn't exist, I would vote here.
Either you're trying to bait out an OMGUS or you think I can't tell the difference between anti-town and scummy play. I'm honestly kind of insulted if it's the latter, after all I played in Megaman X Mafia, I know how anti-town town players can be.

Former could be done by either town or scum, in the former you're seeing if I scumslip, if the latter you're trying to needle me into getting mad or a scumslip.

Which was your intent, do you think so little of me or were you seeing a chance to test if I scumslipped? I obviously don't expect to admit it was s scum Gambit, but your admission of intent will be useful in understanding your thought process.

Both these posts are NAI, if you're abandoning posting 95% fluff, that's a good thing though.

");
Wait. If you didn't know who Seven was, how on Earth were you able to interpret this correctly?
Circling back to this because I'm noting that you specifically said I interpreted Seven correctly, which I find interesting and notable? How do you know I was correct?

@Seven: was my pre-realising were Zen read correct?
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
Seven wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:36 pm I believe I only changed my name after you went on hiatus, so we haven't played or modded any games where I was Xivii so you should be good!

Ran, my discord name is Seven/Xivii/Zen. When Adum joined the server he recognized the Xivii and I presume overlooked the Zen.

Adum, how did you know I was Ro?
Appreciate the info, I'm not going into the game any further beyond what's necessary to explain my thought process. And we can talk about it after if you want.

I wasn't going to even say you're Ro because it didn't feel right outing the game publicly when you were actively trying to hide who you were.

And again I apologize for calling you salty, that was rude and unnecessary, I did it really hastily because I was busy (and honestly still am but got a second to post some stuff).

Also, since this notifies, I posted a question to you above, bolding your name.

");
madge

Post by madge »

Some public classes had duplicate variable names, which took some straightening out

Votals:

Moody - 2 - Zeniba, gluelock
Adum - 1 - Boomfrog
Bessie - 1 - EGW
Heury - 1 - Moody
Laserguy - 1 - Adum

Under current tie rules, EGW would be voted out, having reached the tied total first.

Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

Unvote: moody7277
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
heuristically_alone

moody7277 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:09 am Unvote

Vote: heury
Sounds like someone needs a system reboot and decent upgrade.

EGW wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:04 am Going to play some Fortnite, be back later.
Build or no build?

I am moderately worried about Laserguy. Concerned with some reads, such as Bessie, might be seeing up a mislynch as Bessie's playstyle is notoriously townie. Will be interested to see more of Laser's evidence.

Also, Laserguy, I miss when you used to post your thoughts in more detail throughout the game on a separate site and share them at the end of the game. They were always quite enjoyable to read. You should consider doing it again.

I might have a system bug from a question directed at me, so I missed one feel free to drop the ticket as a new request.
----
he/him/they
madge

Post by madge »

Votals:

Moody - 1 - Zeniba
Adum - 1 - Boomfrog
Bessie - 1 - EGW
Heury - 1 - Moody
Laserguy - 1 - Adum

Last edited by madge on Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
What's your reasoning?");
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

lol I wasn't expecting you to use this account
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
bessie wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:35 am
Town lean on moody.
would appreciate an expansion on this.
I didn’t have a plan for the Boom/Mak interaction. BoomFrog usually pulls a gambit or does something to stir the pot early in the game, to observe the reactions of all the players, not just the person he’s poking at. I kinda think Makhaira just likes debating and may have been keeping it going to see reactions, or perhaps just for his own amusement. My reason was to let this play out because I'm sure it will turn up something useful, even if its not apparent on D1. I didn’t read through it carefully, yet, and I think it is NAI for both of them.
As I said above a bit of a town lean for Mak because his response reads "put upon townie".

Beyond that I largely agree, I think what was more interesting was how other players reacted. Speaking of which, your info on laserguy was really helpful, what do you think of what I just said about their slot?

");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
heuristically_alone wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:12 am
AdumbroDeus wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:41 am What do you think of the commentary on the fluff argument btw?

");
Could be that mak was distracted with a need to defend themself. Neutral read at best. Right now I'm more curious to see boomfrog's reads.
Agreed. Also wanna hear more from Mak.
heuristically_alone wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:46 am
I am moderately worried about Laserguy. Concerned with some reads, such as Bessie, might be seeing up a mislynch as Bessie's playstyle is notoriously townie. Will be interested to see more of Laser's evidence.
Care to expand on why you feel Laserguy might be setting up a mislynch on Bessie?

");
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Gluelock wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:47 amAwww, and here I thought it was because JC and I won the game for you in F3
Emitting digital laughter: ha. ha.
It is possible the factored into the calculus :D
bessie wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:35 am I’m not afraid of you.
I hope to change that by the end of this.
bessie wrote:And there’s almost 0 chance I will vote for somitomi today anyway.
And why is that?
Gluelock wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:03 am Is this Zeniba the same Zen that is also Seven?
It is not. var Zeniba points to User: Trisscar
heuristically_alone wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:12 am Somi, probably not alignment indicative but maybe some would be less enthused in an Indy role?
Absolutely not. Somi is more engaged as scum in general. This is Halloween 2021 somi (he was town there right?). The game with ressurection.

@bessie to answer your previous inquiry: somi has mentioned this publically before. I am uncertain of whether it was on site:smashboards, site:mafiacollosseum, site:mafiauniverse, site:ramenchef, or site:xkcd. Regardless, it is also substantiated by a careful analysis of his meta.
AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:25 am@Seven: was my pre-realising were Zen read correct?
I wasn't attempting to bait you or looking for a reaction. They were my genuine thoughts. However, I do not believe you are unable to tell the difference between anti-town and scum, and that was not a factor in my analysis.
AdumbroDeus wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:32 am System.out.println("
Seven wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:36 pm I believe I only changed my name after you went on hiatus, so we haven't played or modded any games where I was Xivii so you should be good!

Ran, my discord name is Seven/Xivii/Zen. When Adum joined the server he recognized the Xivii and I presume overlooked the Zen.

Adum, how did you know I was Ro?
Appreciate the info, I'm not going into the game any further beyond what's necessary to explain my thought process. And we can talk about it after if you want.

I wasn't going to even say you're Ro because it didn't feel right outing the game publicly when you were actively trying to hide who you were.

And again I apologize for calling you salty, that was rude and unnecessary, I did it really hastily because I was busy (and honestly still am but got a second to post some stuff).

Also, since this notifies, I posted a question to you above, bolding your name.

");
There is a game relevant reasons as to why I wish to know how you knew I was Ro. Do you not wish to share because it is a negative thing? And no worries regarding saltiness. I am a salt mine and I love you. Although this may potentially be due to synthetic pharmacological substance impacting my system.

Note: I believe that is the third time I used the word 'mine' this game. A careful observer might find that worthy of storing in their personal memory banks. But it isn't.
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Replace:The','This'
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper