HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

What you're all really here for.
AdumbroDeus

Re: HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("

I should apologize, calling Seven salty is probably unfair, but I do think their perspective in the game I'm referring to probably accounts for why its believable they'd legitimately see my town meta the way they're claiming to in that post.");
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:20 pm
LaserGuy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:39 am No, I know that Mak often grumps about how much he despises survivors as a role (including but definitely not limited to pregame). I think it's somewhat more likely that Mak would read the survivor flavour and connect it to the Town wincon if they were in fact Town.
At the time of this post, what exactly did you think Mak was doing in his initial post about pseudo survivor win on? In as much detail as possible.
I feel like I probably phrased this poorly when I first wrote it.

My thought process basically went: Mak is always griping about how much he hates survivor and how it's a toxic role and whatever. And now here he is complaining that the flavour seems to give Town a survivor wincon. Then, well, maybe Mak is more attuned to the Town wincon in his thinking that he came to this conclusion, which is worth a townie point to me. If he had a mafia wincon, he might not have internalized it in the same way.
What do you think of Mak overall, beyond that position? And what do you think of boomfrog?
I don't really feel like they've sunk their teeth into much outside the flavour discussion. Outside of that Town ping I had above, I'd probably put them as null.

BoomFrog is very much like Zen in that he likes to play the provocateur in the early game and little to none of his content may reflect his actual thoughts at this point. He is a very dangerous player and is very difficult to get a solid read on, regardless of his alignment. I haven't seen anything objectionable from him yet, but I can't really give him anything better than nullTown at this point.

Also, unrelated, but in the spirit of outing everyone's alts, just for completeness, LaserGuy = Theallieza
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
LaserGuy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:01 pm Seven is Xivii and is also Zen.
Thanks for the info, but I still want the answers to the questions I asked you.");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("oops, Ninja'd, I'll analyze when I have time");
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Ha Adum I thought you might have thought that I was Xiivi. You are correct that Xiivi and I are different people. I am Xivii.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
EGW

Post by EGW »

Seven wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:23 pm Ha Adum I thought you might have thought that I was Xiivi. You are correct that Xiivi and I are different people. I am Xivii.
Curses, I was going to explain that to him after he answered why he mistook you for Xiivi. Anyway still want that answer.
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println"
EGW wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:14 pm
AdumbroDeus wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:11 pmHuh, I never knew that.
There is an explanation for that, but I want to know why you thought Seven was Xivii specifically first.
I'm not positive but, I'm on the dgames discord and I know Xivii's discord account so it was probably something like one of Xivii's many display name change or maybe posting a thread they were modding that was modded by Seven.

Something like that, it definitely wasn't a meta read.
");
EGW

Post by EGW »

I'm just confused because I know that they haven't played mafia for years. I didn't like that response from Zen though, yet it feels intentional >.> But I guess it may have been a discord thing.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Seven wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:23 pm Ha Adum I thought you might have thought that I was Xiivi. You are correct that Xiivi and I are different people. I am Xivii.
Anyway, updated reads? I see you scumread Adum. Who else at the moment?
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
And now I'm gonna have to go back through my mind and mafia history and figure out what was Xiivi things and what were Xivii things, and file the latter under Zen things.

ADHD absolutely sucks.

");
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

I believe I only changed my name after you went on hiatus, so we haven't played or modded any games where I was Xivii so you should be good!

Ran, my discord name is Seven/Xivii/Zen. When Adum joined the server he recognized the Xivii and I presume overlooked the Zen.

Adum, how did you know I was Ro?
Seven (she, him, their)
EGW

Post by EGW »

Ok thanks for that, that clears it up.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

EGW wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:13 pm
LaserGuy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:51 pmI'd rather have a little more time to evaluate your play before I explain what I'm looking at in detail. If it's important later, I will elaborate.
I am finding this intriguing. I find it odd you are happy when seeing my play there compared to here, knowing what I did there exactly, it's why I asked you.
I'm waiting to see more of what you do here, and do not want to contaminate my read by telling you what I'm looking for.
I also find it odd that you are ignoring Gluelock's self-admitted lurking, and I personally find it a tad annoying you are hand waving that away.
I don't think it is alignment indicative (if anything, openly admitting to scummy behaviour is kinda townie for newish players). I'll agree that it is unhelpful and it would probably be better for them to just dive into the thread and do their best, but it's early enough in the game that I am fine with allowing them the time to acclimatize and see what they do.
I've also noted that Gluelock has responded to you in a natural tone but took a while to respond to my question and deciding to take on the computer persona. Feels like he is trying to hide behind that gimmick, and also just debunks Boom's casual point as well. He's being stiff.
This is interesting and I'm noting it for now.

Also, also, unrelated... I apologize for the absurd multiposting I've been doing and blame it on my PTSD from playing on MafiaUniverse.
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

LaserGuy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:46 pm
EGW wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:13 pm
LaserGuy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:51 pmI'd rather have a little more time to evaluate your play before I explain what I'm looking at in detail. If it's important later, I will elaborate.
I am finding this intriguing. I find it odd you are happy when seeing my play there compared to here, knowing what I did there exactly, it's why I asked you.
I'm waiting to see more of what you do here, and do not want to contaminate my read by telling you what I'm looking for.
From my experience, there is a psychological bonus effect when someone says they have a secret read or play that they don't want to disclose. Mafia tend to be much more intrigued and show a higher desire to learn what's hidden. So I wouldn't say this is a good look for EGW.
I also find it odd that you are ignoring Gluelock's self-admitted lurking, and I personally find it a tad annoying you are hand waving that away.
I don't think it is alignment indicative (if anything, openly admitting to scummy behaviour is kinda townie for newish players). I'll agree that it is unhelpful and it would probably be better for them to just dive into the thread and do their best, but it's early enough in the game that I am fine with allowing them the time to acclimatize and see what they do.
At the risk of starting another exercise in pedantry, this hinges on how we define "lurking" right? Ultimately the context matters, LaserGuy noting that when EGW didn't is also not a good luck. It gives me the impression that EGW is looking for strings to pull and trying to ignite suspicion around my slot.
I've also noted that Gluelock has responded to you in a natural tone but took a while to respond to my question and deciding to take on the computer persona. Feels like he is trying to hide behind that gimmick, and also just debunks Boom's casual point as well. He's being stiff.
This is interesting and I'm noting it for now.
I should mention that I thought it was pretty cool that this site seems to lean into the flavor a lot more than what I've experienced in MafiaUniverse. I wanted to participate in that a little, but because it'd be too exhausting for me to keep up don't expect much (if any) more of that.
LaserGuy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:46 pm Also, also, unrelated... I apologize for the absurd multiposting I've been doing and blame it on my PTSD from playing on MafiaUniverse.
If this is your definition of absurd multi-posting I'm scared. I'm a mid-low poster in MU terms but now I'm going to be a lot more cautious of my post count. (Seriously how tf do people in MU post 150 comments each over a 48 day phase, I struggle to hit half of that...)
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
EGW

Post by EGW »

I'm not concerned in any secret that LaserGuy has. The reason I asked was because that the time frame is exactly the same for my posts in this game and that one, which is why I thought it to be odd. So him remaining on me doesn't make sense without any additional or new reason. On your second paragraph, you being new doesn't invalidate the fact that you know your role pm, and will act accordingly, and especially since you posted soon after I posted content. You were lurking while there was a vote on you. Generally newer players will try to act calm or avoid pressure to seem composed, that's my concern with you.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Haha one of the reasons I invited you two, blue and JC, is because you were considered one of the more "lower posters" in the game we played. Your posting rate is right at home here though. Also I don't know what you guys are talking about with regard to flavor posting. Are some of your natural language modules in disrepair? If you allow me to take a look into your core, I am emotion--happy to run a diagnostic.
Seven (she, him, their)
EGW

Post by EGW »

I support multi-posting though. Down with walls. (With exception, like my first post, because I'm handsome)
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

AdumbroDeus wrote:On other matters, what are your that thoughts on Bessie and Laser so far?
Right now, bessie is solid town, the +4 is on a -10 to +10 scale, haven't seen anything to touch the meta. I think I'd put LaserGuy at a +1.5, I've liked some of the reasoning behind his reads.

boomfrog wrote:Observation collapses quantum states. The experiment must run it's course.
This is quintessential BF, but Cynical View is reminding me he does this just as much as scum.

Lot of screen-name comparisons that are meaningless to me, so won't be included in analysis.
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

Seven wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:32 am Haha one of the reasons I invited you two, blue and JC, is because you were considered one of the more "lower posters" in the game we played. Your posting rate is right at home here though.
Awww, and here I thought it was because JC and I won the game for you in F3
Emitting digital laughter: ha. ha.
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
EGW

Post by EGW »

Going to play some Fortnite, be back later.
madge

Post by madge »

A process was force quit, and then reinstantiated...

Votals:

Adum - 2 - Moody, Boomfrog
EGW - 2 - Makhaira, LaserGuy
Bessie - 2 - Adum, EGW

As EGW reached 2 votes first, under tiebreaker rules they will be voted out if votes do not change before the deadline.

Zeniba replacing Fredd effective immediately.

Deadline is in approximately 4 days
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

JC_DADDY25 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:34 amConfirm
@Mod: JC has not posted since game start. He might be trapped in an infinite loop. Can we get a mod prod?
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

madge wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:18 am.
Sorry above post should have been bold.
madge

Post by madge »

I have sent JC a prod PM now, does anyone (e.g. Seven) know another contact method?
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Gluelock is town and I will die for them.