HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

What you're all really here for.
AdumbroDeus

Re: HaiLOWEEN 2023: AI apocalypse

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
Seven wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:30 am
  • Some of the silicon that makes up my Blackberry 55XLT chip was mined from South Dakota, so in a sense, yes.
  • Mak is a true lawyer, having convinced me of an interpretation beyond all identified permutations.
  • If bessie votes somitomi today, FoSs somitomi, or pushes somitomi in any way, I will day vig her. Potentially.
  • How can Laser possibly not know that he is one of the greats...error..error
  • Boomfrog has become even more based than what was accounted for in the memory allocated to our communications nexus. Warning: Risk of Stack Overflow.
  • Every vote of mine contributes to a countdown, at the end of which something seemingly bad will happen.
  • Day flavor is not relevant to alignment or roles. There is nothing you can determine about the setup through the flavor.
  • I lied about the countdown thing.
  • Needs more George, Blue, and JC.
... holy crap this slot is gonna be a headache to read.

heuristically_alone wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:07 am EGW and JC, leaving me waiting like the floppy disk I was required to buy for middle school but never told to use.
Pouring one out for this.

What do you think of the commentary on the fluff argument btw?

");
madge

Post by madge »

One of the AIs started dropping out, attempting a hard reset... would the process be able to recover gracefully?

Votals:

Adum - 2 - Moody, Boomfrog
Gluelock - 1 - EGW
EGW - 2 - Makhaira, LaserGuy
Bessie - 1 - Adum

As EGW reached 2 votes first, under tiebreaker rules they will be voted out if votes do not change before the deadline.

Noted that Fredd is seeking replacement. Thank you for continuing to play until we find one. For the record, there is no formal activity minimum on this forum, so whatever level of activity you can sustain may be fine. Regardless, I will be putting as much effort into finding a replacement as if you stopped posting.

Deadline is in approximately 5 days
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

@Laserguy: I'm willing to say that whether they were skimming or not is maybe a difference in a +1 and +1.5 read on Mak at this point. Boomfrog seemed to be making a bigger deal of it IMO. My view on the game is that mafia="Kill all humans" AIs, and town="serve and obey and keep men from harm" AIs.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Adum's response is mafia-indicative. Given Adum's personality-meta, Town Adum would have found me overwhelmingly suspicious. Instead, his response implies (proclaims) that he does not have a bearing on my alignment. Suggestion: Mafia Adum knows I am town, and so while he read my post consistent with his personality-townMeta, the knowledge of my alignment neutralized the overwhelming suspicion, leaving him simply aghast.

If I did not want to contribute to the countdown that doesn't exist, I would vote here.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

@mod
Suggested User Replacement: Trisscar
She did not join previous game due to scheduling, but may be available now. I suggest messaging her with the theme of the game as it is right up her alley.
Seven (she, him, their)
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
Seven wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:31 pm Adum's response is mafia-indicative. Given Adum's personality-meta, Town Adum would have found me overwhelmingly suspicious. Instead, his response implies (proclaims) that he does not have a bearing on my alignment. Suggestion: Mafia Adum knows I am town, and so while he read my post consistent with his personality-townMeta, the knowledge of my alignment neutralized the overwhelming suspicion, leaving him simply aghast.

If I did not want to contribute to the countdown that doesn't exist, I would vote here.
Either you're trying to bait out an OMGUS or you think I can't tell the difference between anti-town and scummy play. I'm honestly kind of insulted if it's the latter, after all I played in Megaman X Mafia, I know how anti-town town players can be.

Former could be done by either town or scum, in the former you're seeing if I scumslip, if the latter you're trying to needle me into getting mad or a scumslip.

Which was your intent, do you think so little of me or were you seeing a chance to test if I scumslipped? I obviously don't expect to admit it was s scum Gambit, but your admission of intent will be useful in understanding your thought process.

Both these posts are NAI, if you're abandoning posting 95% fluff, that's a good thing though.

");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
moody7277 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:52 am @Laserguy: I'm willing to say that whether they were skimming or not is maybe a difference in a +1 and +1.5 read on Mak at this point. Boomfrog seemed to be making a bigger deal of it IMO. My view on the game is that mafia="Kill all humans" AIs, and town="serve and obey and keep men from harm" AIs.
Even if it's a small swing, it was directly explained to you that Mak wasn't skimming. It was disagreement over the meaning of the same passage and BF admitted it, but you're continuing to treat both as open possibilities, why?

On other matters, what are your that thoughts on Bessie and Laser so far?

");
AdumbroDeus

Post by AdumbroDeus »

System.out.println("
AdumbroDeus wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:03 pm System.out.println("

[if the latter you're trying to needle me into getting mad or a scumslip.

");
EBWOP
Was supposed to read "needle me into getting mad for something you could claim is a scumslip"

I really need to review my posts, but on mobile and getting ready for work now so don't have a lot of time.
");
EGW

Post by EGW »

Makhaira wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:45 pmVote: EGW
Why? What are your reads?
LaserGuy wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:14 pmI like this vote. Vote: EGW
Why? What are your scumreads?
moody7277 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:50 amBessie read: +4.
Why did you give Bessie 4 points here? Any scumreads?
boomfrog wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:49 pmOverly concerned with voting for a "random" reason. This is a serious vote.
Boom. Why does that make Adumbro mafia here?
bessie wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:04 amGlossing over the boomfrog-Makhaira interaction because reasons. We shall see if I am correct.
Can you elaborate here? Who do you think is scum?
Seven wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:30 am[*]Needs more George, Blue, and JC.
Who is Blue?
EGW

Post by EGW »

I have noted that Bessie has not given a Grr-Woof list while Zen has in her place. Good move on his part, I think that helps things get going. Yet at the same time, I wonder why Bessie didn't initiate with her schtick while she is telling Moody to stop emulating her playstyle. Slight-Scum for now. I think stating all the confirmation posts are acceptable while Zen being able to discern some suspicion from them shows she may be biased due to being informed, and is reactive. I note that she has opinions on Boom-Mak but is reserving that.

I voted Gluelock because his post seemed to be an odd thumb sticking out compared to the rest of the posts driving content. I barely had anything, but I wanted to see how Gluelock would react and I got nothing. This does not look good for him, as I would think mafia would want to keep a distance when under perceived threat. Neutral scum.

LaserGuy doesn't seem to be his confident self here, and I don't really see him doing much else. I also believe he gives soul reads too early, especially to Heury. LaserGuy seems more reserved here. Neutral scum.

My stance on Heury is neutral, but I have noted that he came in strong at the first page, while remembering that in his previous town game, it was much more dialed back compared to his mafia game where he was trying harder. I do like his post being surprised by Boom only having an analysis on Mak, which I find to be that of town discovery. So I'll be neutral-town leaning on him at the moment.

I like Boomfrog's point that Moody gave too much benefit to Bessie. I disagree with his Gluelock point. It would make more sense if Gluelock were actually posting while being casual beyond that one post. I see him pushing Adum seriously, and him arguing with Mak, is town leaning. I am however, skimming the argument because it makes my brain turn to mush with the confusing jargon. I only care about the content related to the players and not the flavor. Lean town.

Zen is Boom light at the moment. I see that he is doing less, but is still essentially scumhunting, and I liked his initative in his first post. So slight town.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Vote: Bessie
EGW

Post by EGW »

somitomi wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:23 pmMan, I keep thinking you're BoomFrog because the image-recognition subsystem consistently labels your avatar "cool frog"
I have no idea what you mean. 8-)
EGW

Post by EGW »

boomfrog wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:50 am
somitomi wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:23 pm
EGW wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:30 am Vote: Gluelock
Man, I keep thinking you're BoomFrog because the image-recognition subsystem consistently labels your avatar "cool frog"
Must... enhance.... froggyness...
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
+999999 points.
Gluelock

Post by Gluelock »

LaserGuy wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:02 am This game is like a who's who of xkcd power players (and me), really excited to be playing with you all again.

@Adum, @JC, @Gluelock, have we played before? I don't think I recognize you.

No, we probably haven't played together. I'm pretty new to mafia and have only played on the mafia universe forum until now. I've just sorta been lurking and adjusting to the game play style here as well as the UI lol
Gluelock (He/him/his)
aka Bluelock (MU)
EGW

Post by EGW »

Gluelock wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:47 pmNo, we probably haven't played together. I'm pretty new to mafia and have only played on the mafia universe forum until now. I've just sorta been lurking and adjusting to the game play style here as well as the UI lol
Why have you been lurking? How many games of mafia have you played on MU? Any thoughts on the game right now?
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

EGW wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:50 pm
Gluelock wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:47 pmNo, we probably haven't played together. I'm pretty new to mafia and have only played on the mafia universe forum until now. I've just sorta been lurking and adjusting to the game play style here as well as the UI lol
Why have you been lurking? How many games of mafia have you played on MU? Any thoughts on the game right now?
Blue/Glue is J’s irl relative btw
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Also I expect a game winning readlist from you within the next few days.
Seven (she, him, their)
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:29 am Thoughts on the others who were picking at the convo, moody and laser?
Observation collapses quantum states. The experiment must run it's course.
EGW

Post by EGW »

boomfrog wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:50 pmObservation collapses quantum states.
What does this mean?
EGW

Post by EGW »

Me caveman.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

EGW wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:32 pm
boomfrog wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:49 pmOverly concerned with voting for a "random" reason. This is a serious vote.
Boom. Why does that make Adumbro mafia here?
Scum are more likely to play a caricature of their townie selves. Following rituals and traditions more then they would if they didn't have to imagine their fake-townie-selves actions. Town would make a random vote if they felt like it or just skip it. Scum are more likely to have mentally pre planned to make a random vote and stick to that plan even if it's a little awkward, and emphasize that it's random. Emphasizing the vote especially turns the whole thing into toothless fluff.

It's performative instead of purposeful.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

EGW wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:52 pm
boomfrog wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:50 pmObservation collapses quantum states.
What does this mean?
It is an intentionally hard to understand statement, meant to only have meaning to a subset of people reading it. You may read it as "I am intentionally not answering this question." I think the only people who will get different meaning are Seven, Bessie, Heuy, LaserGuy and maybe Mak and Adum. The first 4 have an advantage of knowing my usual style.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

heuristically_alone wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:07 am Freddino, has met my expectations for him D1. Hope to see more.
I don't like to pick on a guy when he's about to sub out, but at the time you posted this, Freddino had exactly one post that read "And me".
Somi, actually does sound less enthused this game.
Is this good or bad in your estimation?
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:05 am
moody7277 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:58 pm Mak getting confused by BF using non-standard language looks honest to me, although them skimming the intro flavor text is a little troubling.
Why is skimming the flavour significant? Flavour is NAI by definition. I skim flavour all the time (including this game) and have definitely played a handful of games where I didn't read the flavour at all.
It depends on the game. This game looks to be a lot more flavor focused than usual. If you're interested in a little more depth, golden sun mafia on smashboards was a mega flavor game. In most games with flavor it's generally useful for sanity checking claims.[/quote]

I was specifically interested in why moody thought that skimming flavour was wolfy, not why flavour in particular is useful or not useful.

Btw, just as a site meta note, it's generally considered poor form here to answer a question addressed at someone else, at least until that player has had a chance to answer first. There may be something specific they want to get out of that person in particular, and answering on their behalf might contaminate the read. I know you were just trying to be helpful here, but just something to keep in mind.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

moody7277 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:52 am @Laserguy: I'm willing to say that whether they were skimming or not is maybe a difference in a +1 and +1.5 read on Mak at this point. Boomfrog seemed to be making a bigger deal of it IMO. My view on the game is that mafia="Kill all humans" AIs, and town="serve and obey and keep men from harm" AIs.
Do you think that Town is more likely to read the flavour? I'm just trying to figure out why you would assign a point difference to this at all.