Sorcerer's 11 Mafia - xkcd edition - Game Over

What you're all really here for.
Dooplissity

Re: Sorcerer's 11 Mafia - xkcd edition - Day 1

Post by Dooplissity »

moody7277 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:20 pm
EGW wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:59 pm
Dooplissity wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:52 pmit's an open setup lol

the entire role PMs have been on the internet since 3 years ago when I wrote them
What is the purpose of you clarifying for Somi here instead of letting it play out first?
Well, Cynical View says it's to stop somi from digging themself in deeper.
sure, but occam's razor suggests that's not the case. if we're W/W I just pm them. if we're wolf/sorc I have no idea somi is on my team. if we're sorc/wolf it's possible, but it seems worse than me just trying to start something elsewhere instead of drawing more attention to somi.

do you agree?
Dooplissity

Post by Dooplissity »

Freddino18 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:04 am What does igmeoy mean?
i want to point out that ironically you have exactly the answer in your avatar.
Dooplissity

Post by Dooplissity »

somitomi wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:40 pm
Dooplissity wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:52 pm it's an open setup lol
And that is why I am so funny

I genuinely did not expect this joke to land so poorly, I'm actually suspicious of this outcoume.
being so sure that your joke is funny that it not landing is in fact an intentional deception is an intriguing stance but is probably a town one
Dooplissity

Post by Dooplissity »

EGW's annoyance is probably town
vote: bessie taking the scattershot "let's fos a bunch and not vote" is wolfy imo - easier to throw 💩 at the wall at see what sticks if one does a light scattering of sus with no vote swaps to justify.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Dooplissity wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:41 ambecause one of two things is the case - either this is a joke in which case it somi has to acknowledge it, or somi is genuinely confused and pushing a nonsense thread. either way it hopefully leads somi do something more productive. and hey, it was the fomer; also I get to swing my doop around about having written the PMs which is its own reward
Why does Somi being productive to you matter at that moment? Did you doing this help you in any way regarding developing your read on Somi?
EGW

Post by EGW »

somitomi wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:11 amsome of these people might've realised this was a joke
Can you elaborate on who these people are, and list out your suspicions with reasoning.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Dooplissity wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:45 am
sure, but occam's razor suggests that's not the case. if we're W/W I just pm them. if we're wolf/sorc I have no idea somi is on my team. if we're sorc/wolf it's possible, but it seems worse than me just trying to start something elsewhere instead of drawing more attention to somi.

do you agree?
It does seem plausible, checked just now to confirm point 1, and by worse in point 3 you obviously mean that if by some chance you or somi were elimed, it would immediately point the finger at the other.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Dooplissity wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:53 am being so sure that your joke is funny that it not landing is in fact an intentional deception is an intriguing stance but is probably a town one
Well I am objectively hilarious, thanks for asking, but assuming for a moment that it's not the greatest bit of comedy you've ever read, the notion that I don't know the most rudimentary thing about the setup is strange enough that I didn't expect anyone to take that at face value.
EGW wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:17 pm Can you elaborate on who these people are, and list out your suspicions with reasoning.
I can, but I'd like to wait for some people to post before I do if that's all right with you.
Rose's boytoy.

Post by Makhaira »

moody7277 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:07 amMak - also suspicious of heury (Cynical View says buddying, but I'm not listening to him yet) +1
are you saying you think my question to heury was attempted buddying? and when you say "him" who are you talking about, me or heury?
heuristically_alone wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:58 am
Makhaira wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:15 pm why did you think you would die N0?
There are only 11 living players out of hundreds that could be playing right now. I'd say that's pretty good odds.
heuristically_alone wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:09 pm ^ I like this reaction

fred already saying he isnt motivated and wont be doing analysis feels like scummy pre-johning and makes him a lategame liability

fred if you're gonna just coast all game Id say just replace out now or claim so we can just sort your slot early
Dooplissity

Post by Dooplissity »

definitely do not early claim, that hurts the town a lot - even VTs are important in a game this small because pruning down the search space for the PRs is so important to the evil team
EGW

Post by EGW »

Doop I'd like to see your response.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Makhaira wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:11 pm are you saying you think my question to heury was attempted buddying? and when you say "him" who are you talking about, me or heury?
a. At the time I thought your suspicion of heury was a secondary reaction not a primary one, but that may be an artifact of reading the posts in author order instead of chronological order.

b. him in this case is Cynical View, a sort of mafia alter ego that reads everything in the most scum originated way possible.
Dooplissity

Post by Dooplissity »

EGW wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:15 pm
Why does Somi being productive to you matter at that moment? Did you doing this help you in any way regarding developing your read on Somi?
partially for the same reason it matters at any other moment, which is that it'd just good. it's a near-tautology that thread productivity makes the game easier for us to solve. partially because the game was still in near-RVS at that point with a lot of low-content posters and so somi was an outsized portion of that
EGW wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:15 pm Did you doing this help you in any way regarding developing your read on Somi?
i think i stated pretty direcly that everything leading from it has shifted my read on you and somi both towards town.
Dooplissity

Post by Dooplissity »

EGW wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:16 pm Doop I'd like to see your response.
i'm aware, but priorities. When I see a request to early claim I want to be a voice for "no, don't" asap.
Dooplissity

Post by Dooplissity »

EGW wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:16 pm Doop I'd like to see your response.
i'm aware, but priorities. When I see a request to early claim I want to be a voice for "no, don't" asap.
Dooplissity

Post by Dooplissity »

moody7277 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:14 pm
Dooplissity wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:45 am

do you agree?
It does seem plausible, checked just now to confirm point 1, and by worse in point 3 you obviously mean that if by some chance you or somi were elimed, it would immediately point the finger at the other.
I meant more that if I as Sorc!Doop think Wolf!Somi is slipping up, drawing attention directly to somi is probaly less effective at minimizing the slipup than starting something somewhere else.

But yes, also, if I'm Somi's Sorc I don't want to do anything that implicates them if I die later.
EGW

Post by EGW »

I think it's unnecessary to clarify for Somi without first observing his actions and anyone else who might attack him for it at this early juncture. To me this seems like an attempt to defend a slot without trying to first determine their alignment. I wanted to see if he'd continue with the stance or mention if it was a joke on his own, but your interruption stopped that from happening.

Unvote; Vote: Doopliss
EGW

Post by EGW »

Talking about Moodie's snipe, I misread it giving Doop a possible answer before he could respond, but I now see he was saying the same thing I was thinking.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

EGW wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:34 pm I wanted to see if he'd continue with the stance or mention if it was a joke on his own, but your interruption stopped that from happening.
Apologies if I stepped on your method there, didn't appreciate that it was that fragile.
EGW

Post by EGW »

moody7277 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:40 pm
EGW wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:34 pm I wanted to see if he'd continue with the stance or mention if it was a joke on his own, but your interruption stopped that from happening.
Apologies if I stepped on your method there, didn't appreciate that it was that fragile.
No that is in reference to Doopliss within that paragraph to be clear.
Dooplissity

Post by Dooplissity »

EGW wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:34 pm I think it's unnecessary to clarify for Somi without first observing his actions and anyone else who might attack him for it at this early juncture. To me this seems like an attempt to defend a slot without trying to first determine their alignment.
Necessary is too high of a bar. It wasn't necessary, but it was (imo) better for the gamestate. Why does it defend him to you? Do you think if that was a real mistake that there was a Jailer that it would be more likely to come from Scum!Somi than Town!Somi?

Unvote; Vote: Doopliss
Yeah I know; that was the point. We're better off for it.
Dooplissity

Post by Dooplissity »

Also what did you think would be AI (alignment indicative) from
EGW wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:34 pm I wanted to see if he'd continue with the stance or mention if it was a joke on his own...
?
Freddino18
Hey @Sniper can I have a role?

Post by Freddino18 »

Makhaira wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:11 pmfred already saying he isnt motivated and wont be doing analysis feels like scummy pre-johning and makes him a lategame liability

fred if you're gonna just coast all game Id say just replace out now or claim so we can just sort your slot early
Didn't say I was unmotivated and not willing to do analysis, I said I was not looking forward to analysis and that I haven't had the spoons recently. BTW this is already improving, I haven't forgotten about the forums for a single day since the signups.

(Doop side note please combine posts multiposting is one of my biggest pet peeves)

As for Bessie, this being a werewolf game, isn't your typical woof/grr scale irrelevant, flavor-wise?
Old Bruce wrote:Mighty Morphine Power Ranger
Jplus wrote:Was that a response to penis or to tree?
Diana's boytoy.
Hey @Sniper can I have a sig too?
EGW

Post by EGW »

@Doopliss:

It defends him because it clarifies it for him if he believes it to be true, and it gives anyone else silly enough to try to attack him 0 fuel regardless of alignment. I didn't have an idea whether if it came from scum!somi or town!somi, I would have liked a progression there to be able to make that determination. Myself and Moody were originally coming at it from assuming scum had no daytalk, but now this only makes sense from a sorcerer/wolf perspective or evil / town perspective, which is why I believe it can be regardless of alignment for Somi, because again, the only thing I am seriously concerned about is you not determining his alignment there. (Since you as werewolf or sorcerer would already know his alignment regardless if he was town or werewolf) I think this stagnates the early game as well, you didn't care to progress it at that moment. To answer your question on his alignment, I've seen him be stubborn about things like numbers and quota in previous games, seeing him argue about something he believes in might help me determine his alignment due to previous meta.
Dooplissity

Post by Dooplissity »

Freddino18 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:01 pm
(Doop side note please combine posts multiposting is one of my biggest pet peeves)
May I ask why? It's generally considered proper etiquette for forum mafia - editing is disallowed and having to break up a wall of text to address what's directed at you sucks.