2805: "Global Atmospheric Circulation"

This is, technically, an xkcd forum.
ratammer
Gatekeeper

2805: "Global Atmospheric Circulation"

Post by ratammer »

Title text: Refs generally say that you can exercise enough altitude control to avoid the ground, but if you start strategically choosing air layers to steer yourself, that's traveling.

I wonder about how long Beret Guy has lived across all the strips he's been in. There was that one with an interview where they stayed in place for years.
Diana, madge's ratwife, any pronouns

I'm watching the first episode of all different cartoons!

---

Ya like my gate?
Old Bruce

Re: 2805: "Global Atmospheric Circulation"

Post by Old Bruce »

ratammer wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:47 pm
I wonder about how long Beret Guy has lived across all the strips he's been in. ...
There was the one where he hid / waited in a time capsule in order to travel into the future and thus convince people to kill Hitler. Overshot by a few decades but figured if Hitler was dead all was good. Plus he still had some sandwiches.
somitomi

Re: 2805: "Global Atmospheric Circulation"

Post by somitomi »

Old Bruce wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:15 am There was the one where he hid / waited in a time capsule in order to travel into the future and thus convince people to kill Hitler. Overshot by a few decades but figured if Hitler was dead all was good. Plus he still had some sandwiches.
I'm reminded of Marvin from the Hitchhiker's Guide, who (through various time-travel shenanigans) winds up 37 times older than the universe
i am doing a computers on the inters webses