194: "Penises"

This is, technically, an xkcd forum.
benjaminikuta

194: "Penises"

Post by benjaminikuta »

Title text: The penis varies in size when flaccid and is pretty consistently about yea big when erect. Anyway, back to the sitcom one-liners and the constant flow of spam.

The sizes of all other body parts are extremely correlated, so why shouldn't penises be too? The penis is just this one weird exception. Also, if it's random, wouldn't that imply that smaller guys would have bigger penises in a relative sense?

(It's a common misconception that big hands and feet predict a big penis, at least according to the List of common misconceptions.)
ratammer
Gatekeeper

Re: 194: "Penises"

Post by ratammer »

Randall in 2006: "Can we please move on?"

Benjamin in 2023, suddenly slamming the door open again: "And another thing-"
Diana, madge's ratwife, any pronouns

I'm watching the first episode of all different cartoons!

---

Ya like my gate?
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

ratammer wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:15 am Randall in 2006: "Can we please move on?"

I've been laughing at this for minutes now...

I'm also reminded of the US army doing research on the anthropometric measurmements of soldiers (for designing uniforms, gear, vehciles and suchlike) and coming to the conclusion that if you pick only three metrics, you already only have like ten guys in the entire army who are close to the average in all three and so making everything average-sized will not work at all.
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
benjaminikuta

Post by benjaminikuta »

somitomi wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:09 am
ratammer wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:15 am Randall in 2006: "Can we please move on?"

I've been laughing at this for minutes now...

I'm also reminded of the US army doing research on the anthropometric measurmements of soldiers (for designing uniforms, gear, vehciles and suchlike) and coming to the conclusion that if you pick only three metrics, you already only have like ten guys in the entire army who are close to the average in all three and so making everything average-sized will not work at all.
That also reminds me of how fighter pilots have to have some part sized for their penis, and they would always say it was bigger than it was. Am I remembering correctly?
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

benjaminikuta wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:47 pm That also reminds me of how fighter pilots have to have some part sized for their penis, and they would always say it was bigger than it was. Am I remembering correctly?
Possibly, the story nudged some faint recollection of a similar story about astronauts and the people making the space toilet, but I could be misremembering as well.
i am doing a computers on the inters webses