Millerizer Mafia - Game Over

What you're all really here for.
EGW

Re: Millerizer Mafia - Day 1

Post by EGW »

bessie wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:02 am
Prince J wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:36 am Would be all of the condensed portions of your reads which...well...lead nowhere tbh as they are all null/neutral/vague standpoints that just even though you have these opinions don't really stress a sense of urgency to solve them.

Like the adjective synonymous nature of your choosing just seems reliant on not taking strong standpoints and leaving backdoors just in case currently.
May we have your reads and a strong standpoint on today’s elimination?
Actually, I do want this. I think I have found J genuine but, I was expecting more of his town play from the town game I linked. So it would be nice to have an ordered reads list from J.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Sabrar wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:45 amThanks!
You are welcome. I should also mention he has been known to bus. In my third game, he executed his own partner to gain town credit. I'm not sure how often he has bussed / how willing nowadays though. This is why I do think it's important he give his ordered reads list today as Bessie asked. Stating this before I go to my interview. I'll be back later.
EGW

Post by EGW »

somitomi wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:21 amRight now, without having caught up, I'd say EGW, Court and maybe Heury or madge? Damn, I have a lot of nulltown reads...
What is your full ordered reads list?
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

madge (1) : EGW
Court (4) : Prince J, Sabrar, Heury, madge
No Elimination (1) : Fred

Not voting: bessie, somitomi, Court

With 9 alive it tales 5 to eliminate.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
EGW

Post by EGW »

Sabrar, would you expect Madge to be excited about a Millerizer role, or do you only expect her to enjoy mafia more than anything?
EGW

Post by EGW »

somitomi wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:25 amBut it really isn't that odd, madge wasn't the only one to assume it was a joke so the fact that bessie thought there should be followup doesn't in any way mean that madge should've been in the same headspace. Cf. Sabrar's remark that if multiple people mistook the intent of bessie's post, the fault may not be in their equipment (or should I say "our", since I was one of those people)
That is a fair point. I will drop that point, however that doesn't mean that I did not have good reason to believe that Madge should have been able to follow that up, since as you can see, I believed it wasn't a clear cut joke, and Bessie confirmed it. I'm home now, just got back from the interview. Or should I say, I was at the wrong location. :lol:
EGW

Post by EGW »

Freddino18 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:50 amA mix of laziness and intimidation. I have had to lie down several times already during my analysis so far, I think I'm on Page 5 right now. Just got to Bessie's post explaining that a no-elim vote for a townie is generally bad.
This seems like genuine laziness, and he actually gets to making an analysis.
Court wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:03 pmI’m gonna be honest, if Town doesn’t give me a fair shake here then I’m not gonna invest more time into this. I put out a post trying to get -something- going and I became the prime lynch candidate from it lol 🙈
Compared to this, also mentions laziness, but doesn't actually care to solve even when on his death bed.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Freddino18 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:03 am I hated that. Y'all gave me a headache. Prince J, try to consolidate your posts ffs
This is giving me a town ping, this is not something scum would say out loud in public.
EGW

Post by EGW »

somitomi wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:57 pmWhen I do reads on D1, I don't care how many scum there are in the setup or if the people in the scum pile make sense as a team, I just put anyone who I find suspicious on the scummy end of the list. I could be wrong about any one of them so there's little point in eliminating suspects based on team analysis. This kinda looks like you filled out the scum-quota and called it a day.
When I do reads on any day, I usually have three to four scum picks. This game, one of those three included a millerizer read. I think having more than three, shows that one would be having their options open. I am finding your tone to be townie here (and quite stubborn as well), yet I also am finding your attitude here to be generally anti-town. At the start of the day, you asked me why I was making an early push. I'd rather push sooner than later to generate content, because I don't think it'd be a good idea to simply wait and then have no real idea who scum are by the time deadline hits. Also, let's talk about the under-lined. It doesn't really make sense for me to try to generate more scum picks than I had, because at that point, I would be forcing my reads and that's not going to help me determine who is scum with the accuracy that I want to. On the other hand, my acquisition of those scum picks were natural. At first, I had one scum pick of Madge, and then Court as Millerizer pick. Then I had progression here towards my scum read of Fred, because I was already questioning him here, and this was only two hours after he had posted. So I'm not trying to fill a quota, it happened naturally. I would be perfectly fine with having two if that was the case, however I would try to still improve my reads on others and actually work towards a solve.
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Unvote

Pretty sure I'll be voting for Court at end of day but we don't need L-1 right now. More thoughts soonish.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Morning bark!

Freddino18 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:38 am I know that mine wasn't technically a confirmation, but i feel like it should have been at the bottom for not containing the word "confirm". Interesting choice.
You get a coupon for being new, good for Day 1.

Freddino18 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:45 am I suspect I will be investigated and/or murdered tonight.
Why? Please explain.

Sabrar wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:45 am Thank you, thank you, +5! Also why are you answering instead of him, -10?
Because the odds of Court finding that game are exactly zero. You didn’t even attempt find it. And Sabrar, Seven recruited for this game in the Discord and Court said he was joining so there was no attempt to hide behind an alt, for anyone from Smashboards.

somitomi wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:21 am But this is more of a "could I not be doing this as scum?" and I'm arguing here that I could be doing this as scum, not the opposite.
There is hope for us.
Sigh, we are but two ships.

I like that Fred made a reads list. Fred, you can sort posts by author it makes it a lot easier. And for future, we don’t like to speculate on power roles this early, because it will help mafia. If you have time, can you make an ordered list?

madge wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:42 am I had a heck of a day and I'm out of energy. Fred has rallied so hard I'd suspect him of getting coaching from his mafia partner if they had daychat, which they don't (or I am pretty sure they don't from my last reading of the thread)
Why speculate it’s in the OP.

madge wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:42 am Vote: court
Opportunistic sheeping of Sabrar. Did you miss this or do you not care?
bessie wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:17 am I think Court’s content today had been townie, and will gladly debate the intricacies of my read with Madge if she is interested.

I’ll be working on my reads this morning but today is the first sunny weekend in a few weeks and I want to take Hoku to the park and let him run around so I will be in and out.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Hello Bessie, I will be eating food and shall be around to chat about reads when you are free.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Hi George, sorry the interview didn’t work out.

I’m trying to get some reads together this morning so everyone knows where my head's at. Sabrar and somitomi are in Europe so they probably won’t be around later today.

I haven’t reread the thread yet; here’s a preliminary list just to get my thoughts out there while I work on my reads.

Woof
bessie
EGW
Sabrar
Freddino
Court
somitomi
heuristically_alone
Prince J
madge
Grr
EGW

Post by EGW »

It's alright, I'll get one next time. I just finished eating, so I'm around now.
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

I have skimmed the 2 linked games from Prince J. They are 8-10 years old and probably a lot has changed since then (e.g. he is now relatively active on D1 and trying to solve, while in the past he often expressed the same 'D1 sucks' attitude that we are familiar with from several people). Also in his scum game he got under suspicion quite quickly and spent much of his time defending himself. Therefore even though upon review I would say that his current play resembles more his townie-past, this is not a solid evidence.
EGW wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:13 pmSabrar, would you expect Madge to be excited about a Millerizer role, or do you only expect her to enjoy mafia more than anything?
Madge, as a mod, enjoys weird roles to an extreme degree. I am less familiar with Madge's mindset as a player but I think she would enjoy planning strategies as a Millerizer.
bessie wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:51 pmBecause the odds of Court finding that game are exactly zero. You didn’t even attempt find it. And Sabrar, Seven recruited for this game in the Discord and Court said he was joining so there was no attempt to hide behind an alt, for anyone from Smashboards.
I'm lazy and always rely on you to find old games. Also I'm sad that for the first time you took my jab seriously.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Hi George I'm throwing together my reads as quickly as I can, which is not my style, but I want to get it posted in time for Sabrar to discuss if he wants to question me.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Sabrar, this is my only game with Prince J. I was waiting to see if he would post it himself ;) but the clock is ticking.

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ame-Thread
EGW

Post by EGW »

Sabrar wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:36 pmTherefore even though upon review I would say that his current play resembles more his townie-past, this is not a solid evidence.
It's all I could find, I could try to dig for more if you would like but they are much older. Also I didn't read it at all I just saw that J was scum in the end and gave you that. Any thing else he'd have to supplement with games from MU.
EGW

Post by EGW »

bessie wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:37 pm Hi George I'm throwing together my reads as quickly as I can, which is not my style, but I want to get it posted in time for Sabrar to discuss if he wants to question me.
Sounds good.
Freddino18
Hey @Sniper can I have a role?

Post by Freddino18 »

bessie wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:51 pm
Freddino18 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:45 amI suspect I will be investigated and/or murdered tonight.
Why? Please explain.
There was a heavy focus on me in the middle of the day phase, and I feel like people would rather have a definite read on me than let me exist and possibly be outside their faction, being an unknown factor.
Old Bruce wrote:Mighty Morphine Power Ranger
Jplus wrote:Was that a response to penis or to tree?
Diana's boytoy.
Hey @Sniper can I have a sig too?
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

Plus if it were both, that would be absolutely hilarious
Diana's boytoy.
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

Gonna play some MTG, back in a few hours. Btw how much time is left?
Diana's boytoy.
EGW

Re: Millerizer Mafia - Pregame

Post by EGW »

Seven wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:20 amDay 1 ends Saturday, March 18th at 10pm PDT
Countdown Timer
bessie

Post by bessie »

Ok I flew through this list which is not my style, so I will continue rereading and add more thoughts as they come to me.

Woof

Bessie
woof bessie.PNG
woof bessie.PNG (168.5 KiB) Viewed 447 times

EGW
George can’t hide his town meta and he has trouble duplicating it as scum. I’m not going to spend too much time rereading George. For now I have a firm town read on George and if I am wrong it should be evident well before endgame.

Sabrar
Townie. I don’t want to waste precious time digging in to a solid town read. The only tiny ping I have from Sabrar is that his conformation post is exactly like mine. He knows what I mean. :P

Fred
Good newbie effort. This doesn’t automatically equate to town, but it’s good enough that he is not on my elimination list for today. I do want an answer to my question in this post. Pre=post edit: answered, will read.

Court
Early content was a little fluffy, but I think it was a good effort to engage and create some discussion. I really don’t see any issue with Court’s read list in this post. He was attacked by Prince J here for weak reads, but at least Court gave us a list; I am still waiting for one from Prince J. I’m a little disappointed with Court’s later Day 1 content which is why he’s not higher on my list.

@Sabrar, I did not read through Shakespeare III but if I recall correctly, there was no way for Court and Yoloswag team to win after Day 1, one of the flaws in the game.

somitomi
My style and somitomi’s style clash and I never town read him early. I would like to give it another day before I make a solid read so I would rather not eliminate him today, provided he gives us a town-scum list.

heuristically_alone
More content from heury than usual. He had an early reads list and his content has been light but he does put opinions in his content, not just commentary. I find the timing of his vote for Court suspicious, though he did give a reason. Heury why is Prince J so high on your list?

Prince J
I don’t se a lot of strong opinions from Prince J, even though he is suspicious of Court for having no strong opinions in this post . Prince J you requested more content from somitomi which he has provided, can you update your read? And can you update your Madge read? And how about an ordered list?

Madge
Madge forgot my meta and my fondness for analyzing confirmation posts. I was a little suspicious in the beginning as to why she didn’t help out Fred earlier because Madge is always very helpful to newbies and to making sure they enjoy the game and hopefully join our community. But I am relenting a little on that now because she probably didn’t realize Fred never played mafia on xkcd she didn’t even remember ratammer is flicky. I really like this response to Prince J, which makes her vote for Court in the same post even more suspicious; as Madge is using Sabrar’s read to justify her vote, when she earlier had moved Court to a slight town lean.

Grr
EGW

Post by EGW »

bessie wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:15 pmCourtI’m a little disappointed with Court’s later Day 1 content which is why he’s not higher on my list.
It seems like he is intentionally letting himself die by this point, which I don't find town-sided. His initial post pinged me because it seemed like he didn't feel like getting engaged with the thread, and put down a joke vote and left the thread at that. If I'm wrong on him being millerizer and he flips mafia instead I would reconsider J's alignment. How do you feel J's game here compares to the MU game you linked Bessie? Any read you'd like to discuss with me?