Not voting: bessie, somitomi, madge, Court

With 9 alive it tales 5 to eliminate.
Thank youuuu <3
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
heuristically_alone

Re: Millerizer Mafia - Day 1

Post by heuristically_alone »

EGW wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:21 pm @Sabrar: Is this normal for Heury to be misguided as town?
Yes :oops:

I am understanding your thought process now that you've gone more into detail, and after doing a reread on you, overall your content is on the more towny side. It helps when you can see how a players gets from A to B
I'm not letting go completely. I'd hate to lose by being swayed by scum, but I'm not confident in am EGW vote today.
bessie wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:17 am
heuristically_alone wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:59 pm Why is this the first time Bessie is hounding on people for misinterpreted her reads list for the first time? Why is it that boomfrog once spoke entirely in woofs for a couple game days? I don't play mafia much anymore so why not try something new? Honestly I'm not putting that much thought into the value of measurement. Mainly just a baseline to distinguish if something pings me or if something seems towny.
+1. Oh, wait.
heuristically_alone wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:59 pm Vote: Court
This pings me as opportunist. -1
:lol: I love playing with you

I had a town lean on Court for the majority of their content until my vote. For me it is a big ping when a player is second guessing their own wording as it implies they're having to watch their own back to protect themself.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
Freddino18
Hey @Sniper can I have a role?

Post by Freddino18 »

EGW wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:52 pm
Sabrar wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:44 pmHey Madge, this was exactly one of the points I did not want to discuss for now because the Millerizer is now aware of this as well.
I actually don't like that coming from Madge. Which I will go into later. However, can you give me one scum read Sabrar? I'm interested in seeing where your head is at.
Let's get into this one right now. Is it because Madge's townie meta is "passive"? Because that seems like it would be a fantastically advantageous meta to exploit if she was the Millerizer. I would also like to point out that her initial "misunderstanding" of the role was confirmed by Seven to be entirely correct.

@Sabrar In light of Madge's initial "misunderstanding" being correct, are you willing to re-evaluate your exclusion of her from the role?

@Court Asking directly: was your initial vote serious?
Old Bruce wrote:Mighty Morphine Power Ranger
Jplus wrote:Was that a response to penis or to tree?
Diana's boytoy.
Hey @Sniper can I have a sig too?
EGW

Post by EGW »

Freddino18 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:24 amLet's get into this one right now. Is it because Madge's townie meta is "passive"? Because that seems like it would be a fantastically advantageous meta to exploit if she was the Millerizer. I would also like to point out that her initial "misunderstanding" of the role was confirmed by Seven to be entirely correct.
No, it's simply that I did not like that she mentioned strategies that could help anti-town player slots know what not to do in the game when she had insisted she would not do that when conversing with Somitomi. Anyway, are you saying you think Madge may be Millerizer?
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

bessie wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:22 amEveryone’s confirmation post was acceptable. Prince J was in the middle because he didn’t make one. You were at the bottom because yours was the least like mine. It’s an ordered list, and the point of an ordered list is that there’s an order.
I know that mine wasn't technically a confirmation, but i feel like it should have been at the bottom for not containing the word "confirm". Interesting choice.
Diana's boytoy.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Freddino18 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:23 am What is happening? Do we vote on the first day? I am struggling to type. Help
Just to be clear here, this was a joke correct? (Also I'll take this opportunity to say that I did laugh at it initially)
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

EGW wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:33 amAnyway, are you saying you think Madge may be Millerizer?
Still analyzing, not sure, but her meta aligns with the role, so it would be difficult to tell without a Godfather claim coming from her.

On that note, the first possible MYLO for a Millerizer is on Day 4, assuming the Godfather and initial cop survive. It is not a good idea to hunt out an unfound Godfather on Day 4 unless the Millerizer is already dead. I guess technically if the initial cop is killed after becoming a Miller, there's a chance that eliminating the Godfather on Day 4 results in an immediate win for the Millerizer, otherwise the win comes at Dawn on Day 5.

I suspect I will be investigated and/or murdered tonight.
Diana's boytoy.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Finally, what's the reason why you haven't been doing this sort of content / question asking from the start? Mostly wondering.
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

EGW wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:40 am
Freddino18 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:23 amWhat is happening? Do we vote on the first day? I am struggling to type. Help
Just to be clear here, this was a joke correct? (Also I'll take this opportunity to say that I did laugh at it initially)
I was genuinely struggling to hit the correct keys on my keyboard. I don't think there was a single word I got right on the first try. I did miss a few rules (my re-reading has shown me that), so I did not know that we voted day 1. The help is a joke.
Diana's boytoy.
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

EGW wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:47 amFinally, what's the reason why you haven't been doing this sort of content / question asking from the start? Mostly wondering.
A mix of laziness and intimidation. I have had to lie down several times already during my analysis so far, I think I'm on Page 5 right now. Just got to Bessie's post explaining that a no-elim vote for a townie is generally bad.
Diana's boytoy.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Thank you. I have been asking because I have found this to be reasonable from my scumread, which I had not expected coming from you. I'm not confident you are scum anymore. Unvote
EGW

Post by EGW »

heuristically_alone wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:03 pmCurrently EGW has been pushed to my top suspect, due to seeming to appear as an opportunist. Also, your reads matchup the setup perfectly which before this game I wouldn't have thought much about, but I keep thinking about what Bessie said about being suspicious of players whose reads matched the setup and I am inclined to agree. I am not opposed to a Sabrar vote as this time either. And I would like to hear more for Madge.@Sabrar and Madge. Top 3 candidates to vote today?
This pinged me. Reason being, this seemed like heury tacking on a reason to pad his case on me, without having progression, yet saying he was thinking about it. Only just then brings it up. Also in that very same post, he has my quote of my response to him, but he didn't reply. So it seemed uncharitable and unfair, in a way that he didn't care to think through my reasoning, so he could generate a fake push. I now have Fred at null and will re-evaluate him when he finishes his analysis tomorrow. I still believe Madge is scum.

Town [EGW > Bessie > J > Sabrar > Somitomi | Fred | Court > Heury > Madge] Scum

Unvote; Vote: Madge
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

heuristically_alone wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:56 amEBWOP
Can anyone tell me what this means?
Diana's boytoy.
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Quick catch-up post then apparently I will have some homework.
EGW wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:21 pm @Sabrar: Is this normal for Heury to be misguided as town? Especially with this post?
I think yes but honestly I don't recall heury's read-accuracy in much detail. He never was a driving force for the wagons so I always had someone else to clash with.
EGW wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:21 pmAlso thoughts on this?
I also have noticed that your reads align perfectly with the setup. I don't share bessie's mistrust in that regard but I can see why heury would consider that as important. It also could be an opportunistic scum-play but as it is unlikely that you will be eliminated today it's hard to see what it would achieve.
EGW wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:39 amI feel like a scum-J would be manipulative, and also would use buddying tactics. This is the most recent game of Mafia J I can find, although I did not play in this one:
Thanks!
bessie wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:02 am@Sabrar, Court has played one game with us, Shakespeare Mafia III ,
Thank you, thank you, +5! Also why are you answering instead of him, -10?
Freddino18 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:24 am@Sabrar In light of Madge's initial "misunderstanding" being correct, are you willing to re-evaluate your exclusion of her from the role?
Yeah, I'll rethink that. Still doesn't appear too likely but we'll see.

EBWOP means 'editing by way of post'. It's when you make a second post to correct something in the first because you are not allowed to edit the original.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Quick stuff because I gotta go.
Court wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:52 pm Yeaaah I had a feeling this would happen. I don’t really have a strong opinion on anything. I was feeling kinda lazy/tired when I put out that post and figures it wasn’t THAT great, but felt compelled to put out -something- as part of my commitment to this game. Looks like it backfired 🙈

Kill me if you must 😤🤝
Venting this frustration pings me as sligthtly townie but then the followup ruins it immediately.
bessie wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:02 am Goshfrickendarnit somitomi you know this is one of my favorite scum pings. I am very suspicious of ”would I do this as scum” posts. You and I are never going to not clash, are we?
But this is more of a "could I not be doing this as scum?" and I'm arguing here that I could be doing this as scum, not the opposite.
There is hope for us.
bessie wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:02 am @somitomi, who’s your top three votables?
Right now, without having caught up, I'd say EGW, Court and maybe Heury or madge? Damn, I have a lot of nulltown reads...
EGW wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:55 pm
EGW wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:57 pm You are still operating under the assumption that there was nothing to follow up in a silly manner, yet Bessie confirmed that it was not a joke, and that she should have known better. I explain that I don't believe it was a clear cut joke, and that it was odd that Madge assumed that without asking at all and left it at that.
But it really isn't that odd, madge wasn't the only one to assume it was a joke so the fact that bessie thought there should be followup doesn't in any way mean that madge should've been in the same headspace. Cf. Sabrar's remark that if multiple people mistook the intent of bessie's post, the fault may not be in their equipment (or should I say "our", since I was one of those people)
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

EBWOP for messed up quote
EGW wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:57 pm You are still operating under the assumption that there was nothing to follow up in a silly manner, yet Bessie confirmed that it was not a joke, and that she should have known better. I explain that I don't believe it was a clear cut joke, and that it was odd that Madge assumed that without asking at all and left it at that.
But it really isn't that odd, madge wasn't the only one to assume it was a joke so the fact that bessie thought there should be followup doesn't in any way mean that madge should've been in the same headspace. Cf. Sabrar's remark that if multiple people mistook the intent of bessie's post, the fault may not be in their equipment (or should I say "our", since I was one of those people)
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Court wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:11 am Regarding my point about Sabrar, I generally remember Sabrar being hard to lynch and also being a pretty relatively “strong” player as either alignment in this group, or at least that was my impression of them from a looooong time ago. That’s all I meant by it really. I think he was scum in my game with him on the old site but I had seen previous games.

Look, it has been a while, that was just the feeling I generally got 😤
Since bessie was so kind to link it, I had the opportunity to re-read the one game we have played together. Actually I was town there, you were scum and when caught you resigned to your fate in very similar fashion as you are doing right now.
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

MADGE: Starts defensive, notes that their meta is to be useless, little to no actual content, instead most posts were focused on my actions or helping me out.
NO READ, vote day 3 as a dangerous potential Millerizer

EGW: Hard and fast out the gate, seems generally paranoid, definite tryhard, willing to listen to reason
READ: Godfather or a very paranoid Cop, definitely not afraid of being investigated. Light link to J as a possible partner

BESSIE: Likes to stir things up. Will not let go of the stupid list. Very little content, possibly hiding behind a partner
READ: Chaotic. Most likely a power role, but not sure which one. Light Hitman read

SABRAR: Immediate countervoting on EGW, seems to be very adversarial with EGW, definitely a lot of high-level plays going on. Noncommittal
READ: very light scum read. If scum, possible deep partnership with EGW, though tentative

HEURY: Likes to quibble, general shitstirrer, pushes for advancement of the game
READ: Non-power town. Definitely a hard read.

SOMI: Post more ffs, generally has confidence in their opinions, no waffling
NO READ, post more you cretin

COURT: Noncommittal, with minimal content, a bit whiny
READ: Town, or Hitman. Almost asking for it.

PRINCE J: Makes a lot of good points, insightful. Two main posting sprees with very little actual information after.
READ: Light town, not Godfather, weak possibility of Millerizer

These are all in order of appearance after the Woof list
Diana's boytoy.
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

I hated that. Y'all gave me a headache. Prince J, try to consolidate your posts ffs
Diana's boytoy.
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

Going to sleep, way past my bedtime
Diana's boytoy.
madge

Post by madge »

Prince J wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:38 am
madge wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:49 pm EBWOP

Town: Bessie, Sabrar, EGW, Fred, court
Others: somi, heury, prince (NOT scum, just "I don't have a town ping from you")

in particular Prince hasn't made much impression on me. all light, no heat, kind of thing.
Could you go more into the pink bit?
I feel like you're making a lot of posts without really saying anything, if that makes sense? The impression I have from you is that you're talking to your friends and having a great time and not trying. I'm sure you are trying but you haven't left an impression on me which says something. Hope that makes some sort of vague sense?

@bessie I'm seeing frenchies everywhere and I think they look like goblins, you deserve to be the most popular!

I had a heck of a day and I'm out of energy. Fred has rallied so hard I'd suspect him of getting coaching from his mafia partner if they had daychat, which they don't (or I am pretty sure they don't from my last reading of the thread)

Thanks Sabrar for reading the game - very intruiged that Court resigned as scum in a similar way to now. My only townread on court was from the un-scummy way they responded to being on the chopping block, and now I hear it's scummy, they may actually be my scumread?

Vote: court

Do we have vote counts btw?

I will post in about 12-14 hours and only get one or two posts in, btw. Problem with weekend deadlines that are at noon local time - I will be at a vegan fish & chip shop as the deadline ticks over.
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
Court

Post by Court »

heuristically_alone wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:00 am
I had a town lean on Court for the majority of their content until my vote. For me it is a big ping when a player is second guessing their own wording as it implies they're having to watch their own back to protect themself.
I mean, if you’re serious, then I was just providing a point of clarity that I wasn’t just succumbing to a lynch as scum but to better express myself as Town. I don’t want to just toss myself to the wind without at least ensuring I have communicated properly what is happening.

But why assume the worst-case interpretation of this action anyway? I feel like surely there is room for alternatives here (mainly because, well, the situation is actually different from what you postulate, but in general I don’t see my action there as objectively scummy). 🫠
Court

Post by Court »

Bleagh whatever, not in the mood to fight this, sorry Town. I’m going to get pizza. GLHF 🍕
heuristically_alone

madge wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:42 am
I had a heck of a day and I'm out of energy. Fred has rallied so hard I'd suspect him of getting coaching from his mafia partner if they had daychat, which they don't (or I am pretty sure they don't from my last reading of the thread)
:?
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
heuristically_alone

Court wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:18 am
heuristically_alone wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:00 am
I mean, if you’re serious, then I was just providing a point of clarity that I wasn’t just succumbing to a lynch as scum but to better express myself as Town. I don’t want to just toss myself to the wind without at least ensuring I have communicated properly what is happening.

But why assume the worst-case interpretation of this action anyway? I feel like surely there is room for alternatives here (mainly because, well, the situation is actually different from what you postulate, but in general I don’t see my action there as objectively scummy). 🫠
You said you were giving up unless you had a reason to stay and defend yourself. I'm giving you your reason.

Note for @freddino
Perhaps it's not the best idea to hunt for power roles in your reads.
----
he/him/they