Millerizer Mafia - Game Over

What you're all really here for.
EGW

Re: Millerizer Mafia - Day 1

Post by EGW »

Madge, he said you were hanging out with Flicky. Can you somehow make that make sense to me in how that might somehow relate to game thoughts?
madge

Post by madge »

what's flicky's new username? is it ratammer/diana? in that thread, he's my rathusband, only now we're all cats so he's my cathusband.
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
EGW

Post by EGW »

Then I am still unsure why he mentioned that joke in a response of him giving his thoughts. Maybe he can explain further later.
Court

Post by Court »

madge wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:21 pm why should i save your arse, Court? So that way people can think us two scumreads are the scumteam?
:?

You just threw some support behind the narrative that I could be having a “genuine breakdown” though.

If I flip scum, people are going to say “oh well LOOK AT MADGE she tried to support him just before he was lynched” anyway so if you had these concerns prior then why are you asking me this now?
madge

Post by madge »

I won't be voting for you except out of self-preservation. I think this breakdown is coming from a townie place.

yw
madge

Post by madge »

EBWOP

Town: Bessie, Sabrar, EGW, Fred, court
Others: somi, heury, prince (NOT scum, just "I don't have a town ping from you")

in particular Prince hasn't made much impression on me. all light, no heat, kind of thing.
Court

Post by Court »

madge wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:48 pm I won't be voting for you except out of self-preservation. I think this breakdown is coming from a townie place.

yw
Now I don’t want you saving my ass 😤 my pride is more important than surviving in a mafia game, I take it all back…vote for me or face the consequences…

(this is being said in jest, just like my initial first post. 😘)
Freddino18
Hey @Sniper can I have a role?

Post by Freddino18 »

FIRST POINT: I will be doing my reads sometime tonight, I got home from work early and have time to reread the whole thread.
heuristically_alone wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:39 pm@freddino can you give us at least at this point some candidates you believe would be desirable to vote?
While EGW is pushing really hard for me, I don't really think that's indicative of alignment. I believe EGW to be highly paranoid, so not necessarily them. I remember Somi as being very talkative in the old forum days, but that has changed significantly on the new forums. Slight Millerizer read on Somi. More complete analysis coming later.
EGW wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:50 pmI think his joking is intentional, especially the editing and voting no elimination twice.
Joking, yes, editing, no, no elimination, abso-fucking-lutely.
madge wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:09 pmI'd probably instead tell him to [redacted].
Ya mind telling me what [redacted] is in the event that I die?
madge wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:27 pmwhat's flicky's new username? is it ratammer/diana? in that thread, he's my rathusband, only now we're all cats so he's my cathusband.
Since when??? I guess I gotta stop skipping reading when I'm tired.
Old Bruce wrote:Mighty Morphine Power Ranger
Jplus wrote:Was that a response to penis or to tree?
Diana's boytoy.
Hey @Sniper can I have a sig too?
EGW

Post by EGW »

Freddino18 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:51 amMore complete analysis coming later.
I look forward to this. Interesting that you use the phrase indicative of alignment. (This isn't an alignment read, I'm just surprised you would use that as a newbie)
madge

Post by madge »

I'll post what [redacted] is in the gojoe thread, which you can read when the mod officially announces that you're dead
EGW

Post by EGW »

Madge, what is your opinion of heury, and can you give me some meta on him as well? Thanks.
madge

Post by madge »

Heury's in my blind spot, I honestly have no opinion. Nothing has stuck out.

I think on D1 *personally* I'd rather vote out people I don't have opinions of as it'll make future Days easier. However, I don't think my personal desires are necessarily the optimal strategic move. Also if I have a strong scummy opinion then obviously I should vote off. So, I g uess this reduces down to "vote out scumreads, don't vote out townreads, and be willing to vote out blanks"

I just hate re-reading so I don't do it unless there's something specific I want to find out (in the past when I've re-read it's not helped at all, t hose are hours of my life i'm not getting back), so if you don't make an impression on me that's information
Prince J

Post by Prince J »

madge wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:49 pm EBWOP

Town: Bessie, Sabrar, EGW, Fred, court
Others: somi, heury, prince (NOT scum, just "I don't have a town ping from you")

in particular Prince hasn't made much impression on me. all light, no heat, kind of thing.
Could you go more into the pink bit?
Prince J

Post by Prince J »

I love how adorable Bardul has become it seems.

Kind of makes me wanna unvote him for silly reasons.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Boo. No one comforted me over no longer being the AKC’s most popular dog breed. FoS everyone.

disappointed.PNG
disappointed.PNG (95.73 KiB) Viewed 1638 times

Court wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:18 am Regarding freddino, I’m not a big fan of trying to read new forum mafia players because every so often you get a brainlet that knows they are new and plays the newbie card really hard, so I’m going to defer my opinion to someone here that hopefully knows Freddie and can vouch he is just plainly very new.
Fred was a regular poster in Forum Games on xkcd, but as far as I know he had never played mafia, and I had played there since 2013.

Prince J wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:36 am I appreciate the length and attentiveness towards explaining things yet I feel a bit hollow/nothing went truly towards a *punch* here in the sense of you had a lot to say yet nothing towards who is mafia on these posts besides wanting to hand-hold Bessie.
And what is wrong with paw holding with bessie??? Grr.

Prince J wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:36 am Would be all of the condensed portions of your reads which...well...lead nowhere tbh as they are all null/neutral/vague standpoints that just even though you have these opinions don't really stress a sense of urgency to solve them.

Like the adjective synonymous nature of your choosing just seems reliant on not taking strong standpoints and leaving backdoors just in case currently.
May we have your reads and a strong standpoint on today’s elimination?

Freddino18 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:47 am
EGW wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:20 am The joke seems misplaced. Another question, I noticed you had a quote by Somitomi in your signature. Why did you remove it?
Signature Game. Decided to get rid of it. It's allowed per the rules of that game because I have had it for way longer than a week.
I don’t think this was satisfactorily answered. Fred, EGW is not a native-born xkcder like us, and doesn’t know about Forum Games and the Time thread.

@EGW, see here: The Signature Game .

Sabrar wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:51 am
bessie wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:22 amIs not.
Is too.
Is not.

Sabrar wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:51 am
Court wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:18 am(if I remember things correctly back from my brief visit to xkcd)
What was your username there?
Hmm, short digression because I can see from skimming ahead that there is some unnecessary confusion. Here’s a list of alternate names used on xkcd and Smashboards.

bessie
Sabrar
somitomi
Madge
heuristically_alone, his_handsomeness
EGW, Evil George Washington, Ranmaru
Freddino
Prince J, J
Court, Bard
Seven, Xivii, Zen, Zenii
rattamer, Diana, flicky

@Sabrar, Court has played one game with us, Shakespeare Mafia III , one of mpolo’s rare misses. I think this is the most recent game archived in the Wayback Machine in its entirety, but you need to do some maneuvering with the different links to find all the pages.

Woof. Looking at the old site makes me sad. It reminds me of all the forumites we lost connection with when the site suddenly went offline.
sad bessie.PNG
sad bessie.PNG (86.85 KiB) Viewed 1638 times

somitomi wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:57 pm Surely if I had time to strategise with someone during pregame I would've had the time to think of ways to pretend that I didn't though.
Goshfrickendarnit somitomi you know this is one of my favorite scum pings. I am very suspicious of ”would I do this as scum” posts. You and I are never going to not clash, are we?

somitomi wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:57 pm I don't really know what your issue was with me pretending to take your list at face value or why you're now arguing something that seems at least adjacent to what I just said about the neutral line not mattering.
The point is that almost no one understood my reasoning, or my intent in my opening post. An ordered list itself is completely separate topic, and you don’t understand my explanation. I do not force my reads to conform to the setup. I read players as townie or scummy based on their content.

Interesting you said this in the same post:
somitomi wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:57 pm Sure, but why even care about how many scum we have? There's zero confirmed information so I don't see the point of making your reads a complete game solve. When I do reads on D1, I don't care how many scum there are in the setup or if the people in the scum pile make sense as a team, I just put anyone who I find suspicious on the scummy end of the list. I could be wrong about any one of them so there's little point in eliminating suspects based on team analysis. This kinda looks like you filled out the scum-quota and called it a day.
@somitomi, who’s your top three votables?

Taking a break. I assured Court we were a casual group and mostly low posters. Then I invited George to play. :lol:

Back later. And I will be here most of tomorrow.
Court

Post by Court »

Prince J wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:39 am I love how adorable Bardul has become it seems.

I mean, look, I’m absolutely not gonna explode with volatility like I would’ve (maybe) 10 years ago if that’s what you mean 😂 I’m much more laid back these days.

Anyway *ahem* I still stand by that I don’t understand your Sabrar read 😤 take it or leave it bucko
Court

Post by Court »

Regarding my point about Sabrar, I generally remember Sabrar being hard to lynch and also being a pretty relatively “strong” player as either alignment in this group, or at least that was my impression of them from a looooong time ago. That’s all I meant by it really. I think he was scum in my game with him on the old site but I had seen previous games.

Look, it has been a while, that was just the feeling I generally got 😤
Court

Post by Court »

@bessie regarding Freddie, sounds good.

Btw my posts would be much more coherent if I was posting on a comp (would be easier to pull up quotes etc.) but I’m on mobile and kinda lazy. Forum boards, mobile, and mafia just don’t go that well together 🙈
EGW

Post by EGW »

Currently playing Destiny 2 but I would love to chat, Bessie.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Continuing my daily catch up from where I left off.

Sabrar wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:08 pm Prince J: very open style of posting, with some good observations. Definitely getting a townie-vibe, though if George could tell me about their meta as scum that would be really helpful.
@EGW, are you going to answer this??

heuristically_alone wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:59 pm Why is this the first time Bessie is hounding on people for misinterpreted her reads list for the first time? Why is it that boomfrog once spoke entirely in woofs for a couple game days? I don't play mafia much anymore so why not try something new? Honestly I'm not putting that much thought into the value of measurement. Mainly just a baseline to distinguish if something pings me or if something seems towny.
+1. Oh, wait.
heuristically_alone wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:59 pm Vote: Court
This pings me as opportunist. -1

madge wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:09 pm As Sabrar said it would be a heck of a galaxy brain newbie scum who would do this. If I were mafia coaching Fred pre-game I would *not* be encouraging him to exaggerate his misconceptions, I'd probably instead tell him to [redacted].
Hmmmm. A “would I do this as scum” post.

I think Court’s content today had been townie, and will gladly debate the intricacies of my read with Madge if she is interested.

Prince J wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:39 am I love how adorable Bardul has become it seems.

Then unvote. Or are you trying to appear decisive?

EGW wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:30 am Currently playing Destiny 2 but I would love to chat, Bessie.
I’m cooking dinner while trying to finish my daily catch up. I will try be back later and will definitely be around tomorrow.

Unofficial votals

Fred (1) : EGW
Court (3) : Prince J, Sabrar, Heury
No Elimination (1) : Fred

Not voting: bessie, somitomi, madge, Court

With 9 alive it tales 5 to eliminate.
EGW

Post by EGW »

bessie wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:02 amTaking a break. I assured Court we were a casual group and mostly low posters. Then I invited George to play. :lol:
I'm trying my best to limit myself. 8-)
EGW

Post by EGW »

bessie wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:02 amI don’t think this was satisfactorily answered. Fred, EGW is not a native-born xkcder like us, and doesn’t know about Forum Games and the Time thread. @EGW, see here: The Signature Game .
Thank you, that makes more sense.
EGW

Post by EGW »

bessie wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:17 am
Sabrar wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:08 pm Prince J: very open style of posting, with some good observations. Definitely getting a townie-vibe, though if George could tell me about their meta as scum that would be really helpful.
@EGW, are you going to answer this??
I actually missed that! I'll get to that in a bit.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Sabrar wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:08 pmPrince J: very open style of posting, with some good observations. Definitely getting a townie-vibe, though if George could tell me about their meta as scum that would be really helpful.
I feel like a scum-J would be manipulative, and also would use buddying tactics. This is the most recent game of Mafia J I can find, although I did not play in this one:

Mafia J
Town J

I gave you a town game of J as well so as to remain fair. This took me forever to find. I chose that town game because it has given me a strong impression of him. (A very good one as well)
EGW

Post by EGW »

I think J has said that he has played on MU more recently, so maybe he could provide more recent games from there. My memory is fuzzy as it has been a long time we have played.