Millerizer Mafia - Game Over

What you're all really here for.
EGW

Re: Millerizer Mafia - Day 1

Post by EGW »

somitomi wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:57 pmWhile I' have seen a newbie player swindling us all by playing up the confused newbie-ness to an epic degree, confusing a role modifier with alignment on purpose would be some absolute galaxy brain move. I don't think that's within the realm of plausibility based on what we've seen so far.
I'm not saying it's out of the realm of possibility to *become* confused about certain aspects of this game, since that is natural. My point is that he is playing up the confused newbieness further, but I was not clear. Let me explain with my own thought process when I played as newbie scum. I was new, and genuinely confused, yet I took that far and played it up. Again, look at this quote:
Freddino18 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:45 am
madge wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:51 pmFred's Town or milleriser, obviously.
Have you considered Stupid?
You can see from here he wants to be seen as stupid, even if he does confuse himself with a role modifier. It's possible, because I've done it myself, so I can understand the mindset.
Court

Post by Court »

Oh jeez, I haven’t caught up yet but posts in this thread nearly doubled last night. I am afraid to read but I must press on LOL 🙈

Catching up now…
EGW

Post by EGW »

Sabrar wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:44 pmheury: I don't think I ever saw them using the point system. -1
Also Heury, since it seems you haven't used the point system before, why are you using it this game for the first time?
Court

Post by Court »

Yeaaah I had a feeling this would happen. I don’t really have a strong opinion on anything. I was feeling kinda lazy/tired when I put out that post and figures it wasn’t THAT great, but felt compelled to put out -something- as part of my commitment to this game. Looks like it backfired 🙈

Kill me if you must 😤🤝
Court

Post by Court »

“Kill me if you must” as in “I do feel compelled to try and fight for my faction but also don’t especially have time to try and dig myself out of this hole” 🙈 sorry Town I’m just not very committed I guess 😂

At least it is generating reads/discussion 😤
EGW

Post by EGW »

I should be here tomorrow but be aware that I have an interview at 11AM EST.
EGW

Post by EGW »

somitomi wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:57 pmMy man, there was nothing to follow up on there,
Homie, there was. Let's break this down, shall we?
EGW

Post by EGW »

somitomi wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:54 pmThere wasn't really anything to follow up with except more sillyness.
bessie wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:34 am
madge wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:40 am because it's clearly a joke??
It’s not clearly a joke and you should know better.
EGW wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:38 pmHowever, I disagree with the sentiment that her explanation would have been a clear cut joke. My thought process was that she had an expectation of Madge to post in pre-game that I was not aware about, and I was waiting to see Madge ask about that. Yet I thought it odd that Madge did not follow up with that thought in mind.
EGW

Post by EGW »

You are still operating under the assumption that there was nothing to follow up in a silly manner, yet Bessie confirmed that it was not a joke, and that she should have known better. I explain that I don't believe it was a clear cut joke, and that it was odd that Madge assumed that without asking at all and left it at that.
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

EGW wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:50 pm
Sabrar wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:44 pmheury: I don't think I ever saw them using the point system. -1
Also Heury, since it seems you haven't used the point system before, why are you using it this game for the first time?
Why is this the first time Bessie is hounding on people for misinterpreted her reads list for the first time? Why is it that boomfrog once spoke entirely in woofs for a couple game days? I don't play mafia much anymore so why not try something new? Honestly I'm not putting that much thought into the value of measurement. Mainly just a baseline to distinguish if something pings me or if something seems towny.
EGW wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:20 pm
somitomi wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:57 pmWhile I' have seen a newbie player swindling us all by playing up the confused newbie-ness to an epic degree, confusing a role modifier with alignment on purpose would be some absolute galaxy brain move. I don't think that's within the realm of plausibility based on what we've seen so far.
I'm not saying it's out of the realm of possibility to *become* confused about certain aspects of this game, since that is natural. My point is that he is playing up the confused newbieness further, but I was not clear. Let me explain with my own thought process when I played as newbie scum. I was new, and genuinely confused, yet I took that far and played it up. Again, look at this quote:
Freddino18 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:45 am
madge wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:51 pmFred's Town or milleriser, obviously.
Have you considered Stupid?
You can see from here he wants to be seen as stupid, even if he does confuse himself with a role modifier. It's possible, because I've done it myself, so I can understand the mindset.
Maybe it's because I've seen freddino post outside of the mafia lifestyle that this style of speech doesn't ping me for him. So for me you using this reasoning to scum read him makes you sound like an opportunist hoping on an easy wagon.

Court wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:55 pm “Kill me if you must” as in “I do feel compelled to try and fight for my faction but also don’t especially have time to try and dig myself out of this hole” 🙈 sorry Town I’m just not very committed I guess 😂

At least it is generating reads/discussion 😤
Why did you feel the need to clarify in a second post? Feeling scared you said the wrong thing?

Vote: Court

Current reads list from most likely town to least likely town.

Heury the Glorious
Somitomi
Prince J
Fred
bessie
Madge
Sabrar
EGW
Court
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
EGW

Post by EGW »

heuristically_alone wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:59 pmMaybe it's because I've seen freddino post outside of the mafia lifestyle that this style of speech doesn't ping me for him. So for me you using this reasoning to scum read him makes you sound like an opportunist hoping on an easy wagon.
Yet you've seen me vote Madge, who is more experienced. I don't care whether or not a person is experienced or inexperienced, if they are scum, they should go. Your reasoning for Fred being town is simply *is asking questions that seems un-partnered*, which seems really weak. How do you feel about Fred not really giving opinions on the whole cast? Do you think an easy wagon is impossible to flip scum? Should town only eliminate experienced players? Would town avoid voting an easy wagon?
EGW

Post by EGW »

@Sabrar: Is this normal for Heury to be misguided as town? Especially with this post?
heuristically_alone wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:03 pmCurrently EGW has been pushed to my top suspect, due to seeming to appear as an opportunist. Also, your reads matchup the setup perfectly which before this game I wouldn't have thought much about, but I keep thinking about what Bessie said about being suspicious of players whose reads matched the setup and I am inclined to agree. I am not opposed to a Sabrar vote as this time either. And I would like to hear more for Madge.@Sabrar and Madge. Top 3 candidates to vote today?
Also thoughts on this?
Court

Post by Court »

heuristically_alone wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:59 pm Why did you feel the need to clarify in a second post? Feeling scared you said the wrong thing?

Vote: Court
:?

Definitely not.
madge

Post by madge »

OK, I do in fact hate D1, sorry for not mentioning it before, in case anyone doubted.

I thought EGW's scumread on Fred was rich AF and completely offbase, for the same reasons that have already been posted. I was prepared to vote for EGW (also because OMGUS no doubt), but Sabrar's post convinced me that it's quite possible for it to be a townie misstep. Which puts me back in the inenviable position of not having a strong opinion about anyone!

But I suspect some people of being Town so let's start there. In no particular order:

Town: Bessie, Sabrar, EGW, Fred
Others: somi, court, heury, prince (NOT scum, just "I don't have a town ping from you")

So yeah, at this stage I'm happy to vote from the second half

I'm going to be busy over this weekend and around deadline so I'm not going to be able to post as much as I have the past few days where I was working and feeling a bit under the weather, soz
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
EGW

Post by EGW »

Court, who would you vote to go for ToDay and why?
EGW

Post by EGW »

madge wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:53 pmI thought EGW's scumread on Fred was rich AF and completely offbase, for the same reasons that have already been posted. I was prepared to vote for EGW (also because OMGUS no doubt), but Sabrar's post convinced me that it's quite possible for it to be a townie misstep.
Can you go more into the underlined? Right now that seems like a parrot, I'm more interested in your original thoughts. Why is it offbase to you?
Court

Post by Court »

EGW wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:53 pm Court, who would you vote to go for ToDay and why?
Huery for being a doofus. :lol:

Ugh man, do I really need to read the game and answer this? 🙈

Ughhhhhhhhhhh

I’m gonna be honest, if Town doesn’t give me a fair shake here then I’m not gonna invest more time into this. I put out a post trying to get -something- going and I became the prime lynch candidate from it lol 🙈

Anything I say before my lynch wouldn’t change anything because y’all are gonna see my flip anyway, see that it’s Town, and then say “oh ok well shit I guess he was actually just being super forthright and lazily put out a post” and then you will have to assess from there who the opportunistic goofs were that jumped on my lynch regardless of the opinion I gave anyway.
madge

Post by madge »

It's offbase because Fred is clearly a newbie and doesn't understand some basic things about mafia - the editing the post for example, it's not actually written anywhere in the rules that we can't edit posts, it's assumed that we know not to because most of us have been playing for like 10 years. Which is fair enough but you can't blame Fred for not knowing a rule he didn't know about, and you especially can't decide it was part of an exaggerated counterplay.

As Sabrar said it would be a heck of a galaxy brain newbie scum who would do this. If I were mafia coaching Fred pre-game I would *not* be encouraging him to exaggerate his misconceptions, I'd probably instead tell him to [redacted].
Court

Post by Court »

My state of being at the moment is “I shouldn’t have put out a lazy post” and “I’m fine with going on to the next game, whenever that is, while providing total transparency, just kill me already” LOL but I do want to at least try for Town so there is some conflict here 🙈 I knew I shouldn’t have committed 😭 but it was fun I guess…

But I won’t be strung along just to get killed off anyway, call it anti-town if you want…
madge

Post by madge »

also, Court's "breakdown" right now is interesting. It feels townie to me? And I don't know Court well enough to know if this is a galaxy brain thing or what
EGW

Post by EGW »

Madge, how do you feel about Fred not giving thoughts on the whole cast, nor even trying when asked? I never said that Fred isn't a newbie, I'm saying he's playing the newbie card hard, and I'm also saying when I was a newbie scum, I did that myself, without any coaching. Otherwise why would he ask you if you haven't simply considered if he was stupid, why does he care to ask you that? (Which by the way, from reading his general posts in the forum, he does not seem stupid, and from his response to Bessie).
EGW

Post by EGW »

Also fair enough on the edit rule. I didn't actually consider that. I'll drop that point.
Court

Post by Court »

madge wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:11 pm also, Court's "breakdown" right now is interesting. It feels townie to me? And I don't know Court well enough to know if this is a galaxy brain thing or what
I don’t appreciate it being called a breakdown 🙈😂 but madge, as one person to another on the internet, if you are town, save my ass 😤🤝
madge

Post by madge »

I feel like you take things too literally. Like, you assumed that others would take bessie's reads list as a literal reads list - I didn't (that she later says it was real, ok, that's vintage bessie, but that doesn't mean I have to think it was real!)

He asked me if I hadn't considered he was stupid because he was making a joke.

For that matter, "Madge is stinky" might be another joke - the longest time as the last post thread (which i don't recommend you waste your time reading) has an in-joke about various people being stinky or not-stinky and wanting to destink each other. There's no hidden message in it that I can discern but I wonder if it's a joke related to that, or if he thinks I'm bad at mafia, or whatever.
madge

Post by madge »

why should i save your arse, Court? So that way people can think us two scumreads are the scumteam?