Millerizer Mafia - Game Over

What you're all really here for.
Freddino18
Hey @Sniper can I have a role?

Re: Millerizer Mafia - Day 1

Post by Freddino18 »

To be fair, it was a joke. Plus I was running on very little sleep when I posted it, as I mentioned in the original post.
Old Bruce wrote:Mighty Morphine Power Ranger
Jplus wrote:Was that a response to penis or to tree?
Diana's boytoy.
Hey @Sniper can I have a sig too?
EGW

Post by EGW »

The joke seems misplaced. Another question, I noticed you had a quote by Somitomi in your signature. Why did you remove it?
Prince J

Post by Prince J »

Fredino tbh walks the line of naive noobie of learning things of "hmm this could be a newer wolf with trepidation" which is a weirder line since most people seem to like Fred.

Tho in combination I very much vibe with EQW's questioning as it's fair towards current conversation.
Prince J

Post by Prince J »

Court wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:18 am Alright, lets see here. Quick notes from me, I’m pretty tired and can’t be asked to reread the game fully atm after a long day of work lol but I want to contribute anyway. I’m not really staunch on anything for the record…

Sabrar kinda sticks out to me this game. Early combativeness with EGW and huery, not really sure why he is contemplating Bessie’s set up speculation. I guess I’m not really seeing pro-town intent there. I have to assume sabrar is cognizant of this though and he has gotten some discussion going, so I have him as null for now. In general I would love to have a Town Sabrar with me in endgame (if I remember things correctly back from my brief visit to xkcd) so I’m adverse towards jumping to any conclusions.

Regarding freddino, I’m not a big fan of trying to read new forum mafia players because every so often you get a brainlet that knows they are new and plays the newbie card really hard, so I’m going to defer my opinion to someone here that hopefully knows Freddie and can vouch he is just plainly very new. In the event that he is just pretending to be very new and we give him a pass, we should definitely roast him alive afterwards for resorting to such underhanded tactics, but I will assume in good faith he would not do this 😂

I don’t take issue with Huery. I don’t typical make use of his style of play (making brief observations of what people are doing as a focal point of their gameplay) but I don’t disagree with him on much really and he seems forthright/transparent.

EGW seems motivated to get discussion going and did a fairly good job of that early on. I don’t have a strong read either way but so long as he is helping move things along then I don’t have any quarrel with him

I don’t really get J’s read on Sabrar/Madge. Maybe they think Sabrar being anti-town at least some portion of the day is a town tell? Madge does come off as genuine for the most part so I can at least see that. Maybe there’s something I am missing here. That isn’t being said to supplement undermining Sabrar, I just don’t get it personally. Also, saying that Sabrar and Madge could also be “deep wolf” (scum I assume) seems non-committal? I didn’t really understand his point about posturing either. Aside from that, I have no strong opinion on J.

Regarding somitomi, I thought it was weird that somitomi went from assuming my opening post was a joke to seemingly pivoting to not assuming it was a joke anymore and deciding they didn’t know what it was in actuality. Was kind of bizarre from my point of view

Madge seemed genuine to me, not a hill I would die on but that’s how I feel about them

As far as bessie is concerned, we are unconditionally holding paws. 🐶
I appreciate the length and attentiveness towards explaining things yet I feel a bit hollow/nothing went truly towards a *punch* here in the sense of you had a lot to say yet nothing towards who is mafia on these posts besides wanting to hand-hold Bessie.

Somitomi - Bizzare
Prince J - No Strong Opinion
EQW - Don't have any quarrel
Huery - Don't take issue with
Sabrar - Adverse towards jumping to any conclusions

Would be all of the condensed portions of your reads which...well...lead nowhere tbh as they are all null/neutral/vague standpoints that just even though you have these opinions don't really stress a sense of urgency to solve them.

Like the adjective synonymous nature of your choosing just seems reliant on not taking strong standpoints and leaving backdoors just in case currently.
Prince J

Post by Prince J »

Didn't include Madge/Fred as they were a bit more evident, yet the point remains.
Prince J

Post by Prince J »

Bessie/Court could be the team, yet that seems presumptuous currently yet my strongest gut-vibe.
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

EGW wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:20 am The joke seems misplaced. Another question, I noticed you had a quote by Somitomi in your signature. Why did you remove it?
Signature Game. Decided to get rid of it. It's allowed per the rules of that game because I have had it for way longer than a week.
Diana's boytoy.
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

EGW wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:07 am That seems to be an odd reason for you to mention that in a sentence where you are giving your thoughts on players relating to the game.
Freddino is a frequent flyer of the forum games side of the forum and discord so is probably used to 99% of what you say is meant to be nonsense. Very believable that Fred is new to the mafia scene.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
Freddino18

Post by Freddino18 »

Heury. Fred. PLEASE.
Diana's boytoy.
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

Court wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:18 am
I don’t take issue with Huery. I don’t typical make use of his style of play (making brief observations of what people are doing as a focal point of their gameplay) but I don’t disagree with him on much really and he seems forthright/transparent.
I take issue with how you spelt my name.
Prince J wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:36 am Huery - Don't take issue with
I take issue with the misspelling of my name.

EBWOP

Thanks Fred. +0.5

Serious point by the way. Shows he is carefully reading through all the content.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Sorry everyone, wanted to catch up this morning but I'm a little out of it at the moment. I'll do it in the evening
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

bessie wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:22 amIs not.
Is too.
Court wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:18 am(if I remember things correctly back from my brief visit to xkcd)
What was your username there?
Court wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:18 amI’m not a big fan of trying to read new forum mafia players because every so often you get a brainlet that knows they are new and plays the newbie card really hard,
I used to have the same reservations but in all my years I have only encountered a single person chaotic enough to do that, so I think it is best not to second-guess ourselves in this situation.
Freddino18 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:52 amRegarding Madge's point of having to guess when and if the cop is eliminated, does the Millerizer always know who is in their faction, even in the event of a Miller cop dying, or do they only have their own actions to go on?
We don't know that although my guess is that they won't know who inherited the Miller status. But you can always ask the mod, either in a private message or in the thread like this:

@mod: does the Millerizer always know who is in their faction, even in the event of a Miller cop dying, or do they only have their own actions to go on?
Freddino18 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:57 am
EGW wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:20 amWere you roleplaying as joker in your two beginning posts? Also, since this is your first game, I want you to give us 3 names that you find suspicious of being mafia, and give reasons why. Finally, why are you voting no elimination?
No, not sure, don't want to say but I have hinted why.
As others have already said, voting for no elimination is in most cases a strategically bad move. This definitely is one of those cases, with an odd number of players and a single kill-action it is both strategically and mathematically incorrect.

Prince J wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:09 amLame read, but I didn't like Court's vote on Bessie and felt a bit concurrent with thread climate towards her yet the first true vote.
Prince J wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:38 amBessie/Court could be the team, yet that seems presumptuous currently yet my strongest gut-vibe.
Does a Bessie/Court team change how you interpret your original ping from Court's vote?
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

@mod: does the Millerizer always know who is in their faction, even in the event of a Miller cop dying, or do they only have their own actions to go on?
Inclusive “or”: Yes
Exclusive “or”: Yes, the latter.

Exclusive “or” excluding interpretation: Yes, the former. Because the Millerizer faction will always consist of 1 or 0 members, the Millerizer will always know who is in their faction. “Faction” is a term reserved for members of team. A team consist of players that can win together and are of the same alignment (Town, Mafia, or Independent). Miller is not an alignment, but a role/role add-on that any alignment may have.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
EGW

Post by EGW »

EGW's Full Reads List:

Bessie:

I was surprised to see Bessie's entrance be that strong. She also brings some interesting points up on Madge. I also like her firm wording here, I expect her to be fluffy as scum and she isn't here. In her next post, she stays strong with her push on Madge, and I like her request to Heury to update his reads. Bessie does not like to bus, so I certainly don't think she would be aligned with Madge if Madge would flip scum. Strong town lean.

J:

I generally liked J's entrance of being open with his first impressions, and his impression of Court. I also like his recent post addressing Court's fluffiness. Town-lean.

Sabrar:

At the moment, I disliked Sabrar giving his opinion so soon, which can taint others opinions instead of letting the dispute naturally resolve first. However, I simply find it anti-town. I like his comment to Madge about not wanting her to have been open about miller strategies, this gave me a town ping. I also found his recent post to be genuine, because there are times I would have no idea who mafia is, and I find it town indicative to be honest about that and not force a read. Sabrar is a slight town lean.

Heury:

I like Heury being open, and I appreciate his read on Somi. (Which has helped me develop my own read on Somi) I also got a town ping from his most recent post. Slight town lean.

Somitomiomi:

I like that he was being 'self-centered' when asking about Heury's read on him. If I'm wrong on anyone, it would be Somitomi (and therefore Madge), especially since he seems to be having trouble generating reads and posting actively. He is a very weak town lean.

Court:

Court seemed disinterested in commenting on current events and seemed to have placed a joke vote. This to me seems like a millerizer that doesn't care to find mafia nor actually posture to appear like town and survive. I agree with J that his stances have come up non-committal, and I especially find his Madge read weak, and had the least words committed to that read. Seemed like he didn't really care to go in depth on Madge compared to others, dismissing the read. Millerizer lean.

Madge:

As originally stated, I believe that Madge never cared to follow up with her question to Bessie. I ask because its easy as scum to start a line of questioning but forget to keep up with it because scum truly don't care. So I asked to see what Madge's intent was. She never actually cared to understand why Bessie put her in the list. Her read on Bessie seems to be pre-mature since Bessie hadn't really done much by that point to have to read her by. Also last post here answering questions addressed to others is slightly scum-sided and feels like in-thread coaching if they were to be scum-buddies. In a vacuum, it's still scum-sided and can be helping any scum have a better idea of what not to do. I do not find her explanation acceptable either, especially opening up a loss, which contradicts her insistence to Somitomi to not do so earlier. Scum lean.

Fred:

Fred is intentionally making himself look confused to seem un-aligned with mafia. This is made apparent with his question to Madge asking if she has not considered that he was simply being stupid. That's what he wants everyone to perceive him as. It's a tactic I have used as newbie scum. Fred also seems a bit cautious and more interested in talking about mechanics rather than trying to help find mafia. Being a newbie his reasons would most likely not be great but he doesn't even give it a shot when asked to give out a list of suspects. However when giving thoughts on players he mentions Madge being stinky, yet when questioned on it he states it was a joke which seems misplaced in a response to Bessie about his thoughts on the game. Scum lean.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Town [EGW > Bessie > J > Sabrar > Heury > Somitomi | Court > Madge > Fred] Scum

Unvote; Vote: Fred
EGW

Post by EGW »

This is the point I want everyone to start thinking about their top 3 players they would be open to eliminating (with reasoning) so we can reach a decision by tomorrow. (deadline Saturday 10pm pdt)
Prince J

Post by Prince J »

Sabrar wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:51 am
Prince J wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:09 amLame read, but I didn't like Court's vote on Bessie and felt a bit concurrent with thread climate towards her yet the first true vote.
Prince J wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:38 amBessie/Court could be the team, yet that seems presumptuous currently yet my strongest gut-vibe.
Does a Bessie/Court team change how you interpret your original ping from Court's vote?
I do understand the mild hypocrysicy that could be seen here, tho I did qualify the statement saying "presumptuous" while being a gut thing.

Plus the first post even said "lame read" though now it's become more of a trend for Court in their posts imo.
Prince J

Post by Prince J »

Vote: Court

I would like a bit of pressure onto this slot in contention to possibly going toDay.
EGW

Post by EGW »

J, Sabrar, I look forward to y'all discussing my reads with me any anything else you would like to talk about.
Prince J

Post by Prince J »

EGW wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:10 pm J, Sabrar, I look forward to y'all discussing my reads with me any anything else you would like to talk about.
I mean tbh it was fluid to read and understand and makes sense towards how I am viewing the game a bit. Tho I'm not the strongest D1 player, trying to use this game as a way to hone in more on early vibes/feels for stronger connection points later on.

So you think Fred should go. Could you give me a bit why you are more confident on him over Madge who is your other pick possibly?
Prince J

Post by Prince J »

Btw if anyone around I know that is under a different username than I am used to, please lemme know as I'm blonde af and kind of coming into this game blind besides those who played in that one small game on MU haha~
Prince J

Post by Prince J »

Tbh, I want more from Somitomi because the only thing I recall is our Daria conversation though I wouldn't go there toDay tbh.

I am keen on them to post when they return.
Prince J

Post by Prince J »

Also off the cuff,

I don't really think it's Fred.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Prince J wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:21 pmSo you think Fred should go. Could you give me a bit why you are more confident on him over Madge who is your other pick possibly?
Mostly the core of my read on him, which is him intentionally trying to seem like he's confused. I also feel that if I'm wrong on Madge, that Fred fits on a team with Somitomi if not with Madge. His tone has also changed from the beginning as to now. Playful tone to a cautious, and composed tone when explaining himself. This is Ranmaru by the way.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Prince J wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:24 pmAlso off the cuff, I don't really think it's Fred.
:cry: Boo. Is it because you think Court/Bessie are the team? If Court flipped millerizer, would you reconsider? I strongly believe Bessie is town here by the way. I am factoring meta into it as well though. (I have been mafia with her before and I have read her correctly as mafia when I was town and she was mafia)