Millerizer Mafia - Game Over

What you're all really here for.
Sabrar

Re: Millerizer Mafia - Day 1

Post by Sabrar »

I don't recall George ever gambiting so this is either his usual overconfident self who never takes into account other peoples' playing style or scum desperately trying to imitate that. Jury is out for the moment.
madge

Post by madge »

you've played with me before, right? this is vintage madge lol
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
Freddino18
Hey @Sniper can I have a role?

Post by Freddino18 »

What is happening? Do we vote on the first day? I am struggling to type. Help
Old Bruce wrote:Mighty Morphine Power Ranger
Jplus wrote:Was that a response to penis or to tree?
Diana's boytoy.
Hey @Sniper can I have a sig too?
madge

Post by madge »

Yeah, we vote every Day - person with the most votes gets eliminated, and then night actions happen (usually involving a kill from the mafia) and then the next day we use the information gained from that to refine our approach and vote again, and so on until the game ends based on one of the win conditions (broadly: mafia = they kill everyone else; milleriser = everyone else is dead or a miller; town = preventing those other two things from happening).
Freddino18
Hey @Sniper can I have a role?

Post by Freddino18 »

Voting no elimination
Old Bruce wrote:Mighty Morphine Power Ranger
Jplus wrote:Was that a response to penis or to tree?
Diana's boytoy.
Hey @Sniper can I have a sig too?
madge

Post by madge »

you should vote in bold - also why no elimination? part of this game is explaining your reasoning, so people can judge whether you are twon or scum
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

@Freddino18: is this your first ever game of Mafia?
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Come on, bessie, can't we work together just once instead of clashing? Please?
madge wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:32 am Are we all experienced mafia players here?

In terms of setup:

- cop's strategy is obvious
- UB's strategy is obvious
- mafia should [expunged]
- milleriser should [expunged]

note that we only win when all non-towns win so the "indy" milleriser still needs to be identified and voted out
I hate when people say something is obvious and I don't see it, because it makes me wonder if I'm an absolute idiot.
EGW wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:09 am Madge, your lack of follow up is flat and shows you don't care to come to an understanding whether or not it is a joke. Essentially, you are fluff posting without purpose, other than to make yourself seem townie with a mechanic opener.

Vote: Madge
Is this serious? Seems way too early to be going this hard
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
EGW

Post by EGW »

Sabrar wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:34 am I don't recall George ever gambiting so this is either his usual overconfident self who never takes into account other peoples' playing style or scum desperately trying to imitate that. Jury is out for the moment.
I would appreciate if you waited to give your opinion until after Madge had responded. You taint responses for me, especially when you have no real conclusion one way or the other. I am pretty sure we have talked about this before as well. This is no gambit, and I have less confidence in it then you believe, as Madge is currently just a scum lean. However, what am I not taking into account playstyle wise here? What doesn't apply from what I said? What does?
EGW

Post by EGW »

somitomi wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:37 amIs this serious? Seems way too early to be going this hard
It is serious. You and Sabrar overestimate my confidence in the lead, but its important for us to push early since our phases four days long. I already had an RVS vote before that. Any thoughts on what I've said? How does Madge's meta factor into it?
madge wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:16 am you've played with me before, right? this is vintage madge lol
I have only played with you once I believe, and you barely did anything as town, which frustrated me. What does vintage Madge entail?
EGW

Post by EGW »

bessie wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:34 am Your content up to the time of my post. You know better.
Bessie, was this and your opening a joke? Also, thoughts on Madge and the game so far?
Court

Post by Court »

Greetings everyone. Been awhile since I’ve played…go easy on this ol’ dog.

Also, for the record, I will usually only be able to post during mornings/night time, just for future reference.

Anyway, anyone want to hold hands?
bessie wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:26 am Woof
bessie
EGW
Sabrar
Freddino
Prince J
Court
Madge
heuristically_alone
somitomi
Grr
Vote: Bessie

I should be higher up on the Woof to Grrr scale…what is this load of barnacles, Bessie?
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

EGW wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:13 am I would appreciate if you waited to give your opinion until after Madge had responded. You taint responses for me, especially when you have no real conclusion one way or the other. I am pretty sure we have talked about this before as well.
Sure we have talked about it and my stance on the matter is still the same. We can only talk about what is going on in the thread, if we leave every dialogue to come to its natural conclusion once both parties are finished with it then we will have about 80% less content to analyze for connections and general scumminess.
So unless I'm specifically asked to stay out of a discussion I will continue to comment on whatever looks interesting to me.
EGW wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:13 amHowever, what am I not taking into account playstyle wise here? What doesn't apply from what I said? What does?
It doesn't make any sense from you to take bessie's woof-to-grrr list seriously. It was posted 6 minutes after mod announced day-start, with no content from anyone else. Theoretically it could have been based on confirmation posts which bessie tends to do but we can disregard that idea because of her 'explanation': "Your content up to the time of my post. You know better."
If you don't see the joke in there then I really cannot help you. Madge knows the list in jest and does not need a serious follow-up.
You may believe that me butting in will taint your results somehow but this interpretation should be clear to anyone paying attention.
madge

Post by madge »

I'm happy to share the "obvious" strategies if you want somi, just don't particularly care to give smooth brained scum help in imitating town.

Vintage Madge entails barely doing anything as town and frustrating people, and because of the inertia of my meta I live until the end of the game (scum keeps me because I'm useless, town keeps me because being useless is a nulltell)

at which point, in Bessie's opinion, I start to see the matrix code and I pull of a scheme based on the set-up that benefits my faction enormously. She'll have some citation of where I turned around a losing game that she'll bring out.

Me, I'm most proud of a game from, no joke, 10 years ago where we played an assassin varient and I won the game by making a claim every single player knew was false. I peaked then and it's been downhill ever since
madge

Post by madge »

Fred's Town or milleriser, obviously.

Egw and Bessie seem townie.

No scum yet. I'll find you.... 👀👀👀👀
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

EGW wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:13 am It is serious. You and Sabrar overestimate my confidence in the lead, but its important for us to push early since our phases four days long. I already had an RVS vote before that. Any thoughts on what I've said? How does Madge's meta factor into it?
I'm with madge and Sabrar on this one, bessie's list was clearly a joke from the word go and madge's reaction was rather jestful too (same goes for Court and yours truly). There wasn't really anything to follow up with except more sillyness. Madge's meta doesn't really factor into this.
madge wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:47 pm I'm happy to share the "obvious" strategies if you want somi, just don't particularly care to give smooth brained scum help in imitating town.
Hopefully I'll work it out on my own before my extremely townie meta causes my sudden death on D1 again.
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

EGW - first post that marks the end of "joke phase" and thus begins the "serious" era. Ergo +1

Freddino - asking questions that could've been asked to partner during pregame. +1

Madge - talking like they're the mod. Mods don't care about outcomes, right? +O-o

Heury - incredibly good looking. +5

Somitomi - the least idiotic person I know. Scum somi could've waited til night to ask scum partner rather than self proclaiming Madge's obvious claim

Sabrar - doesn't usually answer other's questions and of others without them responding right? -1

Court - first post jumping right into pushing the game forward +1

Bessie - great first post. Already did it's job building traction in the game. +1.1

Prince J - waiting for a kingly post -0.1
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
EGW

Post by EGW »

Sabrar, I'm aware that Bessie's first post may or may not have been entirely serious. Yet that was all I had to work with at the time. However, I disagree with the sentiment that her explanation would have been a clear cut joke. My thought process was that she had an expectation of Madge to post in pre-game that I was not aware about, and I was waiting to see Madge ask about that. Yet I thought it odd that Madge did not follow up with that thought in mind. At the moment I'm interested in Bessie's input on the matter. I'm also interested in Fred's response to your question, as it's the second time he has been asked that. Most importantly, we are still waiting on J to post.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Some clarifications:
-The lylo rule only applies to mafia parity. So if there is a phase where miseliminating would result in an indy win, this will not be announced and votes will not be locked.
-Millerizer may only target during the Day (during Dawn).
-If the Town Cop Miller dies, the Back Up will take on the full role and so will inherent the miller status.

And an addendum:
-Players may vote as normal during Dawn; however, players cannot be eliminated during this period. If a majority is reached during Dawn, players may still switch their votes. If majority remains by the end of Dawn, the elimination will carry out as normal at that point and the Day will end.

And with that, Dawn 1 ends tonight, March 15th at 10 pm PDT.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

@George: To me your notion that bessie might have expected some pre-game content from Madge is far-fetched but we can agree to disagree on that topic.

heury: I don't think I ever saw them using the point system. -1

I think Madge made a good point about not necessarily wanting to discuss Cop/Millerizer strategies openly. While that mechanical aspect intrigues me immensely and I would love to present my ideas, I'm pretty sure it would taint any later conclusions we could draw.
madge

Post by madge »

okay wait the milleriser targets during day, so that means we could start with 5-1 (miller-nonmiller) and then during the day all of a sudden it's like "GG millers win" or whatever? i suppose in that case it would depend on whether the milleriser knows who to make into a miller to finish the job, which they won't necessarily if the cop is always a "free" miller for their team and assigned randomly

i don't like new win conditions that can't win with town, this is going to live in my head rent free for a while (until i start seeing the matrix, bessie will add helpfully)
Prince J

Post by Prince J »

Hi everyone~! <3

I finally figured out this site and am here officially. I'm gonna try to get on my mobile as well soon, yet I'm gonna start reading now.

Pleasure to meet everyone! ^.^
Prince J

Post by Prince J »

Tho I kind of may just wanna play this when I am on PC as the posting seems much slower paced than MU.
Prince J

Post by Prince J »

Somitomi just town for having Daria as pfp.

(this is obvi a RVS silly read, but I legit just finished watching all of Daria again recently so bias ahoy~)
Prince J

Post by Prince J »

Lame read, but I didn't like Court's vote on Bessie and felt a bit concurrent with thread climate towards her yet the first true vote.

Could also be towny reading similarly, yet something just pinged me a tad here.