Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Re: Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Post by Seven »

LaserGuy wrote:This post is very troubling. The meta read here also just makes no sense... it's logically impossible. Seven claims that bessie is likely genuinely scumreading him, but also that if she were Town, she would probably be nullreading him. But this doesn't make sense: If Seven believes that bessie is reading him genuinely, then that is the read she should be giving him if she were Town. He can either believe that bessie is not genuine and that's why her read is not meeting his expectation, or he can believe that bessie is being genuine but then he has no way to distinguish between her as Town or scum using this metric. He can't believe that bessie is genuine but also not meeting his expectation for what she should be reading him if she were doing so genuinely. I hope that makes sense. As an aside to this, Town!Seven often puts a lot of consideration to my read on bessie (e.g. here, among other examples), and hasn't at all in this case this game.
To clarify, I think bessie genuinely scum reads people as scum and believes she isn't playing any differently than she would as town, but the bias of being scum nevertheless influences her thoughts and play. So while scum!bessie is genuinely scumreading me, I think that read is shaped by the perspective of being scum.

This isn't specific to bessie for the record. I think the bias of a scum perspective influences everyone in ways they aren't cognizant of.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Seven wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:21 am
LaserGuy wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:36 amNullTown, apparently. Didn't look farther than my first list.
Join me for today. My push on you this game and your push on me is just an Apex Legends misunderstanding I think.
It's possible you're right this is a misunderstanding. But I'm not voting bessie, sorry. I'm willing to do Wam but I haven't seen anything to convince me bessie is scum here.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Vote Wam
bessie

Post by bessie »

boomfrog wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:30 am
bessie wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:13 am I will be in my car driving soon and might not be home before deadline if anyone wants to ask me anything it needs to be now.
Will you vote Wam in order to survive the Day?
No. I already thought I was in the lead (was on phone that's why I asked for votals) and didn't vote for Wam. I don't make self preservation votes.

And its Seven and somi.
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

I don't like that Somi is voting wam. 2 minutes for people to jump onto Somi?
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Vote: Somi
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Vote somi
bessie

Post by bessie »

Vote: somitomi
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Day is over, no more posting.
madge

Post by madge »

And that's deadline...

Votals:
Somi - (3) - Seven, Laserguy, Bessie
Wam - (2) - Somi, Heuri
Laserguy - (1) - Wam
Bessie - (1) - Boomfrog

Somitomi has been voted off by the group. Flavour and flip to follow shortly.

madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
madge

Post by madge »

Amber took a deep breath. “Okay, so you all wake up in a strange world, where nothing is quite as it seems…”

The mist is heavy, and four people and their loyal dog find themselves in a dark and misty land, where the air smells of danger and mystery nips at their heels.

Suddenly, The Dog barks, and runs to a pool of dark, frothing liquid. It seems almost alive.

Enzo’s eyes narrow as he grabs his baton, not quite sure what to make of this. He looks over his shoulder and almost jumps, as an unspeakable horror approaches them both. This horror has no face to speak of, and seems less a person—being?—and more a collection of tentacles, some of which billow behind its back.

“I can handle this,” Vecna, the tentacled monstrosity, says with its unassailable confidence.

“This pool does display anomalous properties—perhaps surface tension or viscosity is at play?” Dr Sam Owens reasoned, keeping his distance.

Max frowns. “I’m not sure I like this,” she says. “It’s… alive? Gunk? What is that? It looks like it could dissolve a tooth…”

The mist itself seemed to laugh, and the sludge bubbled.

Max fiddled with her skateboard. “No… If it’s useful, I can’t let that… thing… grab it.” She said, not quite trusting the abnormal humanoid. She started towards the pile too, looking ready to grab it with her skateboard, until…

Amber rolled some dice, and frowned. “Oh no! Tommi, what’s your save vs. Spells?”

“Uh… 12.”

“Sorry, a hole opened up in front of you. You fall in.” She rolls another die. “How many hitpoints do you have?”

“Uh…. 14.”

“Take 18 damage. Looks like you’re dead.”

“So, what now?”

“You can wait for us to finish.”

Tommi frowned. “Just like that? We’d only just started.”

Amber shrugged. “I don’t make the rules, sorry.”

Somitomi was eliminated by the group vote. She was Max Mayfield, Doctor, aligned with Town.

It is now Night. Day 2 starts in just under 2 days. Future nights will be shorter.
madge

Post by madge »

Amber continued, “Anyway, where were we?”

Neve smiled. “I’ve got a plan!”

Vecna pulled its tentacles in as it approached the pool: not so much in fear but more like a cat ready to pounce.

And all of a sudden, it did! The tentacles exploded into action, and an energetic glow came from them and went into the thick, bubbling liquid. The liquid was almost alive—and then it was alive.

Vecna laughed. “I have brought forth life!”

“Really?” Ely frowned. “I was already alive! Why are you giving Neve credit?”

“C’mon, it’s just flavour, it doesn’t matter.”

The brown liquid was now held into humanoid form by the energetic glow. It bubbled and fizzed, the pale ‘head’ even making a facsimile of hair. But the body was smooth and featureless like a mannequin. It was eerie how it didn’t speak, but on the other hand, it looked pretty friendly.

The mist seemed to laugh, and tentacles came out of the ground.

Enzo held his baton at the ready, and The Dog growled.

But the tentacles high-fived everyone.

There was relief for a moment, and then a forest of vines came forth. Nobody knew how they knew, but it was clear there was murderous intent.

Vecna laughed. “Oh, you fools! My power is beyond you!” it yelled at the vines, and ran towards them while the rest ran away.

Amber frowned: she had read the description of Vecna in the box, and that was nothing like how it was meant to act.
“Save vs Spells, Neve.”

“Crap, I rolled a 1.”

“Take…” Amber rolled some dice. “Wow! 28 damage.”

“Yeah, I guess I’m done.” Neve sighed.

Amber nodded. “Yeah. Sorry.”

The rest looked on in horror for a moment as Vecna’s tentacles got devoured by vines, until they realised that each moment they watched was a moment they remained exposed to the horrors that surrounded them.

They ran.

Seven was killed in the night. They were Vecna, Psychic Doctor, aligned with Town.

It is now Day 2. Night 2 starts in just under 5 days
heuristically_alone

What is a psychic doctor? Also 2 doctors which I'm sure is too help balance the game due to low number of mislims.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

heuristically_alone wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:08 am What is a psychic doctor? Also 2 doctors which I'm sure is too help balance the game due to low number of mislims.
Hmm... I think this comment is not coming from Town.

@mods: Will XYLO be announced?
madge

Post by madge »

no, per the set-up notes in the rules. Phone posting so can't quote. The whole set-up note section isn't part of the standard rules so I would recommend every one look at it if they didn't already know
madge

Post by madge »

madge wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:01 am
Setup Notes:
• Your character choice and attribute prioritisation may or may not have been used to generate your role or alignment
• You may not self-target unless it is explicitly allowed in your role PM
• The mods will not announce MeLo/ELo or otherwise let players know that they are close to winning/losing
This setup is Non-Bastard. Per Mafiascum's definition of a 'bastard game', this setup is guaranteed free from:
• Cults, secret wincons, other mid-game alignment changes
• Moderator lies that can't be reasonably anticipated
• Post restrictions
• Spoiler reading or listening roles
heuristically_alone

LaserGuy wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:56 am
heuristically_alone wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:08 am What is a psychic doctor? Also 2 doctors which I'm sure is too help balance the game due to low number of mislims.

Which part? Me doing setup spec or me not understandijgna role?
----
he/him/they
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

heuristically_alone wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:22 am
LaserGuy wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:56 am

Which part? Me doing setup spec or me not understandijgna role?
Setup spec.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Ok so I was wrong.

Moving LaserGuy to the top of my list and heury to the bottom.

Heury, why the last-minute push on somitomi after Laser switched to Wam?
bessie

Post by bessie »

So, Wam, now that you don't need to role play any more, you can freely give us your expanded reads.

And an updated town-scum list would be nice. Like in your next post. Before BoomFrog gives us his updated list.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

FYI, I'm going to drop the whole opposite day thing. Shenanigans are for D1.
bessie wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:19 pmBefore BoomFrog gives us his updated list.
Oh, what a me style request. I'm intrigued but I will wait patiently for Wam's reply.
heuristically_alone

bessie wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:28 pm Ok so I was wrong.

Moving LaserGuy to the top of my list and heury to the bottom.

Heury, why the last-minute push on somitomi after Laser switched to Wam?
Town Bessie knows better than this. And I'd think town laserguy would know me better than that as well. Are you saying wam is my scum partner? Would scum me really give myself up like that right at the end of day one? Moving Bessie and laserguy to the bottom of the list.

I thought Somi more scummy than wam and didn't like that Simi was voting wam.

Vote: Laserguy
----
he/him/they
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Psychic seems to be a cop variant or a rule that can talk to the dead. Neither make sense here. Maybe a protective role that can protect against one of the Mafia but not they other?

Speaking of which, we are most likely at ElLo (formerly known as LYLO). So no one should vote unless they are ready to commit to a full solve.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

heuristically_alone wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:10 pm Vote: Laserguy

Ninja'd but you should probably unvote.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

That wasn't supposed to be bold, sorry.