Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

What you're all really here for.
heuristically_alone

Re: Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Post by heuristically_alone »

Boomfrog - from bottom to top. Actively making good reads, with exception of maybe Somi. Do you think Somi could be a more anti town indi or more anti scum indi?

Seven - active scum hunting and actively looking at multiple possibilities. Not a fluffy marshmallow

Bessie - sounds like typical Bessie. Am slightly suspicious of lack of sufficient doggo pics

Laserguy - only potential town points is that I agree with read on mwa. But I see potential scum partners

Somi - not attempts to act like Somi and join the status quo. Whether Mafia or Indi it's scummy

Mwa - mwa mwa mwa!! Mwa mwa mwa? Mwa mwa
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
heuristically_alone

boomfrog wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:54 pm [ Heury - Very townie reaction to Seven's comment that he was easy to read. Scum Huery would have been concerned that he'd slipped up and Seven was saying it was easy to see he was scum.
What I would correct is that if I were scum, I'd be elated that seven was town reading me.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
Wam

Post by Wam »

MWA :|

MWA :D

Huery
Somi
Bessie
Seven
Boom
Laserguy

MWA :?
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Seven wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:02 am Wait a second, bessie might be mafia here now that I think about it. You're reminding me of the last Halloween game. Town bessie generally has a read on me that hovers around null. Last Halloween game though you were scum reading me. Though considering that scum are probably solo in this game, I think that even if you are scum, you are genuinely scum reading me, just like in the previous Halloween game.
Why did the probability of solo scum increase so dramatically?
LaserGuy wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:00 am What does this observation suggest to you?
Well, the immediately obvious part is that Seven wanted us to know he has no information about the setup and perhaps distract us with setup speculation. Beyond that it hinges on how well Seven would predict/gamble on the answer to his question. On one hand Seven is something of a risk-taker and setup questions have a fair chance of getting "no comment" as anwer in general, so this could be teamplayer-Seven muddying the waters with the possibility of indies and lone wolves. On the other hand, a lone wolf could almost bank on madge & sabrar not wanting to reveal anything and so the whole spiel about expecting a mafia game to have a mafia team of at least two is something of a double bluff (intended to make us think the first option is in play).
heuristically_alone wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:49 am Somi - not attempts to act like Somi and join the status quo. Whether Mafia or Indi it's scummy
If I act like my usual self, I'm scummy. If I act different, I'm scummy. What am I meant to do? :lol:
heuristically_alone wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:50 am rect is that if I were scum, I'd be elated that seven was town reading me.
Funny that you're arguing with the reasoning that results in a townread on you, but Seven didn't reveal which way he way reading you in that first post (which is something I pointed out at the time). He just said he finds it easy to read you either way, which would've been a cause for alarm if you were mafia. The fact that you reacted so nonchalantly is the point in your favor.

Also, I didn't hand in my homework yesterday, Miss Sibsee's gonna kill me.

Code: Select all

Heury: see above
BoomFrog ⎫
Bessie   ⎬no reasoning, because it's just "haven't done anything suspicious"
LaserGuy ⎭
Seven: also see above
Wam: I don't really know what's happening here, seems to be just taking refuge in audacity. Post your gamesolve already
I guess it's
Vote: Wam
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Oops, ninja'd

I'm not sure this is enough to inspire more trust in me.
Wam

Post by Wam »

somitomi wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:13 am Oops, ninja'd

I'm not sure this is enough to inspire more trust in me.
MWA :cry:
Wam

Post by Wam »

Mwa no more!

I was contemplating doing something like that this game as I was worried I wouldnt have the time to play as normal but it is now backfiring on town.

vote laserguy

L-1

The push on me was self defence and looking for the was the option not trying to solve.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Why am I low on your list? Why is somi high?

When you say backfired, what were you hoping would happen?
Wam

Post by Wam »

Backfired - going to get me eliminated

Your low as I'm not 100% sold on the opposite bit.

Somi high based purely on gut.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

I'm really curious what other outcome you were expecting from this though.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Not really surprised about this, my head hasn't really been in this game. I'll try to post some final thoughts in a couple hours. I probably won't be around for most of the evening except maybe right at deadline.

@mods: Are flips revealed immediately after elimination or at the end of night phase?

There may be some marginal value in keeping my role hidden until end of night. Will think about whether it is worth claiming depending on response.
Wam

Post by Wam »

somitomi wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:51 pm I'm really curious what other outcome you were expecting from this though.
Is was hoping it would generate more discussion but clearly I'm a poor imitation of boom.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Vote: Bessie
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Wam wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:34 pmYour low as I'm not 100% sold on the opposite bit.

Somi high based purely on gut.
You don't think I was actually doing an opposite bit from the start? Or you don't think the opposite bit was townie motivated?

For Somi would you say your gut is based on tone and mood?
heuristically_alone

Vote wam
----
he/him/they
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

I declare not opposite day for the rest of the game day.

Now is not the time for confusion. 8 hours until deadline.

Deadline

Unvote (LaserGuy)
Vote: Bessie
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

heuristically_alone wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:38 pm Vote wam
That's L-1 on Wam
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Legacy reads in the event of my flip. I do want to say that I apologize for being so lacklustre so far and will try to step up if I survive the day.

Heury:

Not really much to add here. My read is mostly based on this post as I said before. This just feels like a very natural and townei response that I just buy it completely. Likely Town

bessie:

Not going to add anything here. I've never had much luck at articulating exactly what I look for when I read bessie, beyond just, I feel like I usually know the vibe that she gives off when she's Town and when she's not and this game I'm pretty sure she's Town. Likely Town.

somitomi:

I really wanted to dig into his content and try to get a solid read on him before EoD, but there's not really much that I can really hang my hat on. This is probably somi's best post and I feel shows some original thought here that I like, but nothing that I really feel is outside somi's range. I guess I can move him up to nullTown maybe.

BoomFrog:

I have a notoriously difficult time reading BoomFrog so it's hard from him to get much above or below null for me without seeing him participate in a scum elimination. That said, I have liked most of his observations so far (including his vote on me, which, I'm not sure there's even been a game I've played with him where he hasn't scumread me regardless of our respective alignments). I'm kind of skeptical of his voteblocking with Seven as while I can see the reasoning for him voting with him, I'm very skeptical of him jumping on the bessie wagon based on Seven's nonsense read on her (see below) so I'm dropping him down below somi.

Wam:

MWA mostly. I tried to look back through his MWAs to see if there was anything I could easily correlate to his actual reads and I get nothing. Vote on me looks opportunistic. Still leaning scum.

Seven:

Numerous posts about setup spec. As I said earlier, a lot of this (especially this post), just comes across to me as performative and not genuine, like, these aren't questions that Seven would need to ask in thread and the fact that he did means he wanted us to know he was asking about it. Which doesn't come across as townie to me. I was thinking like there's probably something unusual about Seven's role that prompted this line of reasoning in the first place and that kind of led me to think he could be in indie territory, but, on balance with everything else, I think it's more likely he's just scum.

This is Seven's best post where he soul reads heury, which does come across as very natural.

This post is very troubling. The meta read here also just makes no sense... it's logically impossible. Seven claims that bessie is likely genuinely scumreading him, but also that if she were Town, she would probably be nullreading him. But this doesn't make sense: If Seven believes that bessie is reading him genuinely, then that is the read she should be giving him if she were Town. He can either believe that bessie is not genuine and that's why her read is not meeting his expectation, or he can believe that bessie is being genuine but then he has no way to distinguish between her as Town or scum using this metric. He can't believe that bessie is genuine but also not meeting his expectation for what she should be reading him if she were doing so genuinely. I hope that makes sense. As an aside to this, Town!Seven often puts a lot of consideration to my read on bessie (e.g. here, among other examples), and hasn't at all in this case this game.

Outside of those and his vote on me, most of Seven's posts I don't really feel are particularly game advancing. Seven tends to be one to take the initiative as Town early in the game, whereas his play here tends to be more passive and go-with-the-flow, which is more reminiscent of his scum play.

Vote: Seven

Going to drop my vote here since I think this is really the way we need to be going, but I would be okay with Wam. bessie wagon is probably bad.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

BoomFrog:

I have a notoriously difficult time reading BoomFrog so it's hard from him to get much above or below null for me without seeing him participate in a scum elimination. That said, I have liked most of his observations so far (including his vote on me, which, I'm not sure there's even been a game I've played with him where he hasn't scumread me regardless of our respective alignments). I'm kind of skeptical of his voteblocking with Seven as while I can see the reasoning for him voting with him on me, I'm very skeptical of him jumping on the bessie wagon based on Seven's nonsense read on her (see below) so I'm dropping him down below somi.
EWBOP
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

LaserGuy wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:19 pm Legacy reads in the event of my flip. I do want to say that I apologize for being so lacklustre so far and will try to step up if I survive the day.

Heury:

Not really much to add here. My read is mostly based on this post as I said before. This just feels like a very natural and townei response that I just buy it completely. Likely Town

bessie:

Not going to add anything here. I've never had much luck at articulating exactly what I look for when I read bessie, beyond just, I feel like I usually know the vibe that she gives off when she's Town and when she's not and this game I'm pretty sure she's Town. Likely Town.

somitomi:

I really wanted to dig into his content and try to get a solid read on him before EoD, but there's not really much that I can really hang my hat on. This is probably somi's best post and I feel shows some original thought here that I like, but nothing that I really feel is outside somi's range. I guess I can move him up to nullTown maybe.

BoomFrog:

I have a notoriously difficult time reading BoomFrog so it's hard from him to get much above or below null for me without seeing him participate in a scum elimination. That said, I have liked most of his observations so far (including his vote on me, which, I'm not sure there's even been a game I've played with him where he hasn't scumread me regardless of our respective alignments). I'm kind of skeptical of his voteblocking with Seven as while I can see the reasoning for him voting with him, I'm very skeptical of him jumping on the bessie wagon based on Seven's nonsense read on her (see below) so I'm dropping him down below somi.

Wam:

MWA mostly. I tried to look back through his MWAs to see if there was anything I could easily correlate to his actual reads and I get nothing. Vote on me looks opportunistic. Still leaning scum.

Seven:

Numerous posts about setup spec. As I said earlier, a lot of this (especially this post), just comes across to me as performative and not genuine, like, these aren't questions that Seven would need to ask in thread and the fact that he did means he wanted us to know he was asking about it. Which doesn't come across as townie to me. I was thinking like there's probably something unusual about Seven's role that prompted this line of reasoning in the first place and that kind of led me to think he could be in indie territory, but, on balance with everything else, I think it's more likely he's just scum.

This is Seven's best post where he soul reads heury, which does come across as very natural.

This post is very troubling. The meta read here also just makes no sense... it's logically impossible. Seven claims that bessie is likely genuinely scumreading him, but also that if she were Town, she would probably be nullreading him. But this doesn't make sense: If Seven believes that bessie is reading him genuinely, then that is the read she should be giving him if she were Town. He can either believe that bessie is not genuine and that's why her read is not meeting his expectation, or he can believe that bessie is being genuine but then he has no way to distinguish between her as Town or scum using this metric. He can't believe that bessie is genuine but also not meeting his expectation for what she should be reading him if she were doing so genuinely. I hope that makes sense. As an aside to this, Town!Seven often puts a lot of consideration to my read on bessie (e.g. here, among other examples), and hasn't at all in this case this game.

Outside of those and his vote on me, most of Seven's posts I don't really feel are particularly game advancing. Seven tends to be one to take the initiative as Town early in the game, whereas his play here tends to be more passive and go-with-the-flow, which is more reminiscent of his scum play.

Going to drop my vote here since I think this is really the way we need to be going, but I would be okay with Wam. bessie wagon is probably bad.
What was your early read on Bessie in the last Halloween game?
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

I don’t think Wam is a good elimination.
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

@Laser trust me for today
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

@heury request to switch to Bessie, I don’t think Wam is a hit.
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Bessie’s questioning of somi doesn’t have the usual oomphness to it.
Seven (she, him, their)
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Seven wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:22 am
LaserGuy wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:19 pm Legacy reads in the event of my flip. I do want to say that I apologize for being so lacklustre so far and will try to step up if I survive the day.

Heury:

bessie:

somitomi:

BoomFrog:

Wam:

Seven:

What was your early read on Bessie in the last Halloween game?
NullTown, apparently. Didn't look farther than my first list.