Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

What you're all really here for.
bessie

Re: Stranger Things Mafia (Halloween 2022)

Post by bessie »

Woof!
LaserGuy wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:04 am Sorry, didn't realize this had started. Apparently confirmation isn't a thing anymore.
Yes dumb isn’t it? I’m sure that eliminating the confirmation phase was a deliberate attempt by Sarra B and Gema D to annoy me me me.

somitomi wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:04 am
bessie wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:33 pm Not really. Why do you make a throwaway comment instead of digging into why I made that remark?
You know I can't make too much effort on D1, because then you'd hold me to that higher standard ;)
bessie wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:33 pm Yes and I will even explain a strategy for accomplishing this task. You can give us your thoughts on the game so far.
I don't have much of those at the moment. Things feel a bit slow, but I can't tell if that's because they are or because I got used to the faster pace of some other sites.
Are you trying to compete with me for fluffiest puppy in the game?

somitomi wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:04 am
Seven wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:38 amYes.
How amusing, a mathematician's answer. What is your soul read?
I have a great idea, why don’t you give us your reads first?

heuristically_alone wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:36 pm - Heury
- Bessie
- Seven
- Laserguy
- Somi
- Wam
-Boom
An early reads list! I like it. BoomFrog should be lower.

boomfrog wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:01 pm
Seven wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:25 am Vote: Bromo Fog

for out psychicing me
I'm sorry for ruining your fun. I'd hate to one up you.
I suspect this is not true…

bessie wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:33 pm
somitomi wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:48 am Does anything ever buy town cred with you? :lol:
Not really. Why do you make a throwaway comment instead of digging into why I made that remark?
What an unexpected twist!
Yes it is, isn’t it? What do you make of somitomi’s fluffy non-answer?

somitomi wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:36 pm You weren't answering one of my questions. But not that you've drawn attention to it, can you tell us more about your reads?
I hope you got a license for this fishing expedition you’re on.

boomfrog wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:04 am And BoomFrog is famously straightforward as well.
….and this is definitely not true. :mrgreen:
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Bromo Fog's role is "the upside down" so he talks in opposites. Mwa!
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

heuristically_alone wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:55 pmI'm really enjoying when boomfrog kisses me. Woof.
@Boom this is alignment indicative to me, is it to you? And if so, why so?
Seven (she, him, their)
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Seven wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:48 am Bromo Fog's role is "the upside down" so he talks in opposites. Mwa!
You are very pleased with everyone else aren't you!
Seven wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:55 am
heuristically_alone wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:55 pmI'm really enjoying when boomfrog kisses me. Woof.
It was much more significant for me than for you. I've never seen scum-huary be cool and casual before. But Huay's reaction to your read was very scummy, so I'm pretty concerned now.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Unimportantly, I've never seen Scum-huary be silly before. Especially not on D1.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

boomfrog wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:10 pm
LaserGuy wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:49 pm I'm kind of getting an indie vibe from Seven.
Yes, I expect if Seven was indy then they would make obvious public questions to the mod's about the balance concerns their role implied.
He could have easily asked his question in pregame or via PM but chose not to. It's performative.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Seven wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:46 pm Vote: LaserGuy

Serious and final vote for today. Sheep me for win.
Aw, you broke my three-game streak of not getting a vote.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

bessie wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:32 am Are you trying to compete with me for fluffiest puppy in the game?
Just trying to stay alive and have fun, ma'am. Wouldn't dream of taking the spotlight from you you you!
bessie wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:32 am I have a great idea, why don’t you give us your reads first?
All right, I'll get you something in the evening. Gonna put you at the bottom tho :P
Seven wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:48 am Bromo Fog's role is "the upside down" so he talks in opposites. Mwa!
Damn, this is gonna get confusing with everyone roleplaying this hard.
LaserGuy wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:15 am He could have easily asked his question in pregame or via PM but chose not to. It's performative.
I agree with this observation, but I'm not sure about the conclusion.
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

boomfrog wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:20 am
Seven wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:55 am
It was much more significant for me than for you. I've never seen scum-huary be cool and casual before. But Huay's reaction to your read was very scummy, so I'm pretty concerned now.
Leaving boomfrog where he is on my reads list.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

heuristically_alone wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:12 pm
Seven wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:55 am @Boom this is alignment indicative to me, is it to you? And if so, why so?
Polite!

Did you understand Seven's explanation of my behavior? Does it affect your read?
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

bessie wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:32 am
bessie wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:33 pm Not really. Why do you make a throwaway comment instead of digging into why I made that remark?
What an unexpected twist!
Yes it is, isn’t it? What do you make of somitomi’s fluffy non-answer?
I've still not remembered that this question was asked of me!

I found Somi's comment to be an inaccurate, subjective quip on your general play style and find it very alignment indicative for Somi to say it. Somi stubbornly insists on making lots of alignment indicative posts, especially D1. I'm sure you will be satisfied with my answer, but it still isn't how I see it. I never have to use process of elimination to decide if Somi is scum.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

For the rest of this post it is not opposite day.

Okay, now I can speak normally for this important message.

- Heury - Very townie reaction to Seven's comment that he was easy to read. Scum Huery would have been concerned that he'd slipped up and Seven was saying it was easy to see he was scum.
- Seven - Town cred for calling out Heury as town. Also, his tone was sincere and unfiltered about figuring out my shenanigan. Scum Seven would have had a more calculating mindset and would have considered what my angle was before just blurting out the answer. Seven is just here to have fun and hunt scum.

- Somi - Just loling down the river. Actually, thinking about it more, the serious disregard for even pretend to be doing anything but survive has me leaning town or indy-who-thinks-everyone-is-indy. So not a good target for D1.
- Bessie - The machine needs to build momentum before I can judge where she is headed.

- Laserguy - I can see all of his points, but everything has been very cold and analytical so far so no town credit. I disagree about his conclusion of Seven, so slight scum lean for now.
- Wam - Was funny, but isn't quite boomfrog levels of trolling. Boomfrog can add to the conversation with but a single woof. Wam needs to contribute more.

But for now I'll votingblock with Seven.

Vote LaserGuy
heuristically_alone

boomfrog wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:25 pm
heuristically_alone wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:12 pm
Polite!

Did you understand Seven's explanation of my behavior? Does it affect your read?
It is not the first time someone has explained as such. However I don't see why you would think my reaction is scummy
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
heuristically_alone

Unless I misread and forgot you were speaking in opposites in which case I need to reevaluate.
----
he/him/they
bessie

Post by bessie »

Woof woof.
Ok, I missed that. I didn’t read any of the source material background information. I just assumed he was being normal BoomFrog.

somitomi wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:41 am
bessie wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:32 am I have a great idea, why don’t you give us your reads first?
All right, I'll get you something in the evening. Gonna put you at the bottom tho :P
I’m ok with that, just to get some reads frome you. You have not made one solid, original observation this entire game. Like this:
LaserGuy wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:15 am He could have easily asked his question in pregame or via PM but chose not to. It's performative.

boomfrog wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:33 pm I found Somi's comment to be an inaccurate, subjective quip on your general play style and find it very alignment indicative for Somi to say it. Somi stubbornly insists on making lots of alignment indicative posts, especially D1. I'm sure you will be satisfied with my answer, but it still isn't how I see it. I never have to use process of elimination to decide if Somi is scum.
I disagree with your somitomi read, and agree with your prediction as to my reaction.

boomfrog wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:54 pm - Seven - Town cred for calling out Heury as town. Also, his tone was sincere and unfiltered about figuring out my shenanigan. Scum Seven would have had a more calculating mindset and would have considered what my angle was before just blurting out the answer. Seven is just here to have fun and hunt scum.
I disagree with this too. I believe that the townie-appearing move from someone that has played through multiple BoomGambits (me, Zen, Laser) is to play along and let you get your results before blowing the lid off it. Which is what Zen has done in the past.
my favorite mafia post ever.PNG
my favorite mafia post ever.PNG (45.27 KiB) Viewed 860 times

Speaking of gambits, there’s about a day until deadline. How about some reads or a town-scum list, Wam? You can do one by not violating your role playing or post restriction.

Woof, back in a bit.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

bessie wrote:I disagree with this too. I believe that the townie-appearing move from someone that has played through multiple BoomGambits (me, Zen, Laser) is to play along and let you get your results before blowing the lid off it. Which is what Zen has done in the past.
I was scum there though :?:
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

I had a dream that we yeeted Laser, he flipped mafia. And bessie vigged Wam and he fliped scum and we won the game just like that. My mafia dreams have never once had an ounce of accuracy though.
Seven (she, him, their)
bessie

Post by bessie »

Seven wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:16 am
bessie wrote:I disagree with this too. I believe that the townie-appearing move from someone that has played through multiple BoomGambits (me, Zen, Laser) is to play along and let you get your results before blowing the lid off it. Which is what Zen has done in the past.
Yes, but it's my favorite post ever and I'm still laughing over it.

And I think you calling out BoomFrog's gambit this game was a non-townie error, which could be distracted scum not thinking things through from a townie point-of-view.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

bessie wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:33 am
Seven wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:16 am
Yes, but it's my favorite post ever and I'm still laughing over it.

And I think you calling out BoomFrog's gambit this game was a non-townie error, which could be distracted scum not thinking things through from a townie point-of-view.
It's certainly a possibility. My play here is fairly similar to Witchhunt 1. The common ground though is that I'm distracted, not that I'm scum. Also, love the avatar!
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Wait a second, bessie might be mafia here now that I think about it. You're reminding me of the last Halloween game. Town bessie generally has a read on me that hovers around null. Last Halloween game though you were scum reading me. Though considering that scum are probably solo in this game, I think that even if you are scum, you are genuinely scum reading me, just like in the previous Halloween game.
Seven (she, him, their)
madge

Post by madge »

Votals:

Laserguy - (2) - Seven, Boomfrog

Night falls in 24 hours.
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Sorry, I've been sick as a dog today and haven't really had the energy to work on this.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

What does this observation suggest to you?
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

boomfrog wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:54 pm Laserguy - I can see all of his points, but everything has been very cold and analytical so far so no town credit.
Not sure how this is any different from just saying "is LaserGuy", but okay.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Quick reads:

Heury - This post comes across as genuine and towntelling. But likely Town.
bessie - Nothing pinging my bessie radar so far. Likely Town.
BoomFrog - Effort and analysis seem reasonable. Leaning Town.
somitomi - Meh. Null.
Seven - Seems preoccupied with setup spec and fluff rather than genuine scumhunting. Leaning scum.
MWA - I think in a game this small and slow paced the gambit is actively anti-town. Need to see some real content.

Vote: MWA