Animal Kingdom Mafia (Game Over)

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
Makhaira

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 2)

Post by Makhaira »

eido do you see where I'm coming from? like boom's "huh" reaction is so genuine it hurts but the more I think about it, scum!Boom could be easily just as genuinely surprised that wam would react to his post that way

like wam's vote was so non-sequitur it boggles my mind and I have been townleaning him all game and it really makes me question if he's really hunting as I thought

but I also think sabrar seems to have history with boom and he seemed pretty convinced it was boom by EoD1 so Im like torn
Eido

Post by Eido »

Gonna try speed post some bits

The movements look all over the place.

Wam’s EOD post looks he’s written it with a gun to his head. It’s weird.

Boom voting Wam, and then joining Wam on his Makhaira vote is weird. Boom's content is very scatty, from A to B to C. I still think there's a chance this content is unorganised and fake.

I don't think it's Scum!Boom & Scum!Messie together
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Time's up. No more posting.

Final VC:
BoomFrog (4): Eido, phillip, Mark_Cangila, Makhaira
Wam (3): somitomi, BoomFrog, messie
Makhaira (1): Wam
Last edited by LaserGuy on Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

Eido wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:59 am Boom's content is very scatty, from A to B to C. I still think there's a chance this content is unorganised and fake.
you just put into words what I could not
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

The disagreement continued long into the day. Suspicions began to grow and there seemed to be no clear resolution.

"What about Kookaburra?" asked the kangaroo suddenly. "He's a sly one and always seems like he's laughing at me."

The little bird squawked in surprise, "Me? I am a pretty little thing, hardly a threat to the mighty King."

The elephant's eyes narrowed as she studied the bird's beak. "The markings on him... they could have been caused by a bird your size, I imagine."

"He hasn't been around in some time," muttered the Australian marbled scorpion, "Said he was migrating."

"Since when do Kookaburras migrate?" demanded the komodo dragon, who considered herself quite knowledgable in birds of all kinds.

The kookaburra let out a sharp squawk and tried to take to the air, but was quickly seized in the sharp talons of the snowy owl.

"Into the fire with him!" trumpeted the elephant. A group of dextrous chimpanzees took the bird from the owl, and quickly wrapped him in some heavy vines, making flight impossible. The little bird struggled helplessly as the apes then lobbed him into the crater.

There was a long silence.

Then, a plume of blue smoke began to emerge.

"We found him!" cheered the Anna's hummingbird, "The king has been avenged."

The elephant looked toward the smoke for a long time, then shook her head, "I doubt kookaburra acted alone. He would have never attempted such a thing without help. I think it best if we continue."

BoomFrog has been heaved into the volcano and has been eliminated.

He was Kookaburra, MAFIA TRACKER.

It is now Night 2. Please submit your night actions by Thursday, March 17
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

I'm under the weather this evening and want to turn in early, so I will be ending the Night shortly even though there's a bit of time left. Apologies for any inconvenience.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

After finding kookaburra, many of the animals slept soundly, believing the threat had passed. Upon rousing, they began assembling near the crafter's edge, counting the roll to make sure everyone was still present.

"Where is groundhog?" asked the roe deer.

A pause, "Here!" Said the rodent, peeking his head from a hole in the ground a little ways from the crater. "Ground's no good up there, needed to go down a bit is all."

"Carpenter ant?"

"We're in here," said the insect, standing on an old rotted log.

"Cane Toad?"

Silence.

"Cane Toad???"

Nothing. Then a large hippopotamus happened to push aside a rock with her foot. "Oh no! It's Cane Toad! They've been crushed!" The animals gathered to stare at the crushed body of the toad. The elephant sighed. "Very suspicious. I fear we still have a killer among us. Let us continue."

"Has anyone seen the three-toed sloth?" asked the black-capped chickadee.

Miles away, the sloth had got an early start, but had fallen into a hole and was struggling to get out

Mark_Cangila was killed in the night. He was Cane Toad, Vanilla TOWN .

It is now Day 3. Deadline is March 22 at 11PM PST
Makhaira

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 3)

Post by Makhaira »

yay avenged sabrar

booo scum aren't dumb and killed a lock town =(

me eido phillip conf town at this point till endgame basically lets be real

gotta be either somitomi or messie and obviously given everything I re-read and then shared yesterday messie is my lead pick

@eido what are thinkin?

@phillip, between wam, bessie, and somitomi, who do you think is most likely to be boomfrogs partner? you have a confirmed mafia player revealed now, boomfrog. You need to re-read ALL of his posts and share who you think his partner is ASAP. you've been literally coasting and doing nothing all game, time to get to work like the rest of us

@wam, why isn't it you?

@somi same question\

Vote: messie
Wam

Post by Wam »

@makhira why phillip lock town I agree with you and eido.
Makhaira wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:42 am
@wam, why isn't it you?
Because I feel like the worlds biggest idiot. So many games I have said don't trust boom and I went and did it again.

I know that's not a convincing argument for you!

I want to re read booms posts and look at interactions.

But before I do my head is at the below
Argument for messie as mate - the support and defense of boon.
Argument against messie - how obvious the above was

Argument for somi - booms vote push end if day 1 looks very distancy from now.
Argument against somi - not that many links I remember off the top of my head.
Eido

Post by Eido »

I don't think it's Somi:
somitomi wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:04 pm shady
messie: kind of odd that I'm so high on her list with a "not much" after getting one of her two fingers of suspicion.
Heury: feels less easygoing than usual to me, but it's hardly condemning
BoomFrog: some early-game weirdness and his read on Eido (and to a lesser extent Sabrar) just doesn't sit right with me

God, this is unoriginal and I have the usual feeling that I'm completely wrong.

Vote BoomFrog

I don't expect to be back before deadline
He joined the Boom wagon end of D1 and then disappeared. He equalised the votes and made the Boom wagon an actual threat. It doesn't look like a bus.

I'm thinking Scum!Somi sets up a vote on Heury or Messie instead here. What do we think?
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

Wam I still dont fully trust you but your apology here feels genuine and I think you legit feel like you screwed up. We've all been there with impulsive moves due to uncertainty at EoD but its the uncertainty that leans town

Eido Im with you on that somi analysis, staying on messie. Take whatever time ya need to had stuff out but I think Ive made my PoE clear and I have a pretty solid endgame plan depending on how NKs go. Im ready to end phase and move this game along
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

phillip1882 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:09 am I'm considering following makhaira vote for future votes. i'll go over the whole thread, and try to get a feel for how he/she stands.
if you want to follow me fine, vote messie

You still need to re-read at minimum all of boomfrogs posts and give us your opinion of who is most likely to be his partner. Like thats non negotiable, you havent done anything all game and you cant go to endgame without giving a single stance
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Wam wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:00 am Because I feel like the worlds biggest idiot. So many games I have said don't trust boom and I went and did it again.
I was suspicious of him all game and then somehow he swayed me towards the end of D2. :oops:

I'm gonna go look at some D1 stuff, right now Messie seems to be the best candidate for Boombuddy.
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
phillip1882

Post by phillip1882 »

okay
vote: messie
You still need to re-read at minimum all of boomfrogs posts and give us your opinion of who is most likely to be his partner. Like thats non negotiable, you havent done anything all game and you cant go to endgame without giving a single stance
well sure i can, i've already done it twice, and once successfully. As long as a mafia gets eliminated, does it really matter how i got there?
lover of chess, baduk, and civ 4.
capable of eating sin, removing negative energy, and healing while sleeping.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

phillip1882 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:04 pm well sure i can, i've already done it twice, and once successfully. As long as a mafia gets eliminated, does it really matter how i got there?
No, but posting your reasoning now will help the rest of us figure you out if it turns out the game isn't over today.

Also I'm terribly sleepy, so I'm gonna put a pin in it for now. Actual coherent thoughts tomorrow.
messie

Post by messie »

Makhaira wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:42 am me eido phillip conf town at this point till endgame basically lets be real
And what makes you say this? None of you are confirmed town to me. Some of you are likely town to me, but nothing is confirmed unless it is posted in modvoice.

gotta be either somitomi or messie and obviously given everything I re-read and then shared yesterday messie is my lead pick
Ok. Please re-present your case, taking into account any times where I rebutted an accusation and posted supporting evidence.

Eido wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:33 pm He joined the Boom wagon end of D1 and then disappeared. He equalised the votes and made the Boom wagon an actual threat. It doesn't look like a bus.

I'm thinking Scum!Somi sets up a vote on Heury or Messie instead here. What do we think?
Perhaps. But remember that BoomFrog was the deciding vote, not somitomi.

Eido, you didn’t reply to this . Please answer.

Makhaira wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:59 pm Eido Im with you on that somi analysis, staying on messie. Take whatever time ya need to had stuff out but I think Ive made my PoE clear and I have a pretty solid endgame plan depending on how NKs go. Im ready to end phase and move this game along
I suggest that instead of rushing the elimination, you try to generate as much content as you can today. Make everyone give reads (I like ordered town-scum lists with no groupings), and make them give reasons for their reads. Because there is probably going to be a Day 4, and its going to be all the low posters.

phillip1882 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:04 pm well sure i can, i've already done it twice, and once successfully. As long as a mafia gets eliminated, does it really matter how i got there?
Philip, have you been talking to your mentor? They can help explain this to you.

somitomi wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:20 pm I was suspicious of him all game and then somehow he swayed me towards the end of D2. :oops:

I'm gonna go look at some D1 stuff, right now Messie seems to be the best candidate for Boombuddy.
Yes, I didn’t understand your fast pivot to wam, especially since you voted for wam for pivoting fast. Perhaps you can explain why wam was scummy enough to vote yesterday, and if you still find him scummy today.

And I anxiously await your reread, and how it supports your predetermined result.

Woof.
messie

Post by messie »

@Makhaira, while you are responding to my above request for reasons why you think I am scummy, can you also explain why, if there is a Day 4, you are so certain that you will be a part of it?
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

phillip1882 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:04 pm
okay
vote: messie
well sure i can, i've already done it twice, and once successfully. As long as a mafia gets eliminated, does it really matter how i got there?
you've done what twice? re-read all of boomfrogs posts? or give stances? I get that votes are technically stances, but by your own admission those votes were sheep votes, you were just following others. now is the time to be a little more forthcoming. technically no it doesn't matter "how we get there" in terms of pure fulfillment of win condition as a bare minimum, but if you are town and we are able to find the remaining scum without you actually helping by posting reasoning or generating content, we will have dont that DESPITE you instead of because of you. make sense? plus, there is no guarantee we will eliminate the right person today. the last mafia member could very possibly outplay us and get to a final 3, at which point your level and manner of contribution will absolutely matter especially if you're in the final 3

so I take it you think messie is the most likely boomfrog partner? can you walk us through why with any reason other than "someone else says so"?
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

messie wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:03 am
Makhaira wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:42 am me eido phillip conf town at this point till endgame basically lets be real
And what makes you say this? None of you are confirmed town to me. Some of you are likely town to me, but nothing is confirmed unless it is posted in modvoice.
please do not be deliberately dense, I said conf town "basically." I am not at all saying we are literally modconfirmed, nothing like that has happened this game its clearly not what I mean. We were all on scum wagon that was tied near EoD2 in a plurality game. it was a free miselim to hop off that wagon and pretty much go any other way. being on the boomwagon would have a been a very, very committed bus, which though not impossible, is not how boom was playing. boom was very much trying to wriggle out of the elim. I very much doubt he and his partner were resigned to his elim and committed to a full bus strat
Ok. Please re-present your case, taking into account any times where I rebutted an accusation and posted supporting evidence.
sorry no I'm not "re-presenting" it. Literally my entire EoD2 content is my case against you. you and boom were like open buddy D1 and you didn't seem too keen on his elim last phase. I think the case is very straightforward and I quoted all the posts I think connect you two
Makhaira wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:59 pm Eido Im with you on that somi analysis, staying on messie. Take whatever time ya need to had stuff out but I think Ive made my PoE clear and I have a pretty solid endgame plan depending on how NKs go. Im ready to end phase and move this game along
I suggest that instead of rushing the elimination, you try to generate as much content as you can today. Make everyone give reads (I like ordered town-scum lists with no groupings), and make them give reasons for their reads. Because there is probably going to be a Day 4, and its going to be all the low posters.
this is a fair point and Im not opposed to going to deadline if people wanna talk more, I'm just saying im very comfortable with a quicker phase if that's what the group wants
messie wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:14 am @Makhaira, while you are responding to my above request for reasons why you think I am scummy, can you also explain why, if there is a Day 4, you are so certain that you will be a part of it?
where are you getting the impression I am certain I will be around day 4? I said that I had different plans based on different possible NKs, obviously one of those permutations is myself being elim'd in which case my meaningful choices as a player come to an end
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

also phillip Im not sure how strict the modding is in this game re: vote formatting but your "Vote" didn't come out bolded so if you want to be sure that vote sticks you should probably try it again
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

messie wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:03 am Perhaps. But remember that BoomFrog was the deciding vote, not somitomi.
So why would I put my mate in a situation where he has to self-pres on Heury (and predictably attract some additional suspicion for it)? I didn't have much in the way of reads before my vote post, so I could've easily gone for Heury or you instead.
Yes, I didn’t understand your fast pivot to wam, especially since you voted for wam for pivoting fast. Perhaps you can explain why wam was scummy enough to vote yesterday, and if you still find him scummy today.
Well, I miscounted the days to deadline and I realised I don't have the time to properly digest things. I genuienly found Wam suspicious for pivoting fast and the slightly hedging tone of that post. It also seemed like the BoomFrog wagon was suspiciously unimpeded by anyone, so this was sort of an attempt to rock the boat and see what falls out.
And I anxiously await your reread, and how it supports your predetermined result.
daria_annoyed.png
daria_annoyed.png (22.39 KiB) Viewed 1497 times
I find it very hard to believe that one side of your brain doesn't understand this sentence about where my mind was at that moment and that's not even the only issue I have with this.
Eido

Post by Eido »

Just a heads up to say I've been rereading the thread. Will post thoughts later
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

I had an interesting thought while looking around D1 for connections: BoomFrog+Makhaira
What? How?

Well, for most of D1 they were kinda holding each other at arms length, sort-of scumreading each other, but not really . For instance, there's an early interaction between them after Makhaira asks a TMI-bait question about the setup. BoomFrog calls Mak out on it and they clash a little, but nothing much comes out of it. BoomFrog later townreads Makhaira by calling the question a "sincere but misguided" scumhunting effort. Meanwhile, Makhaira puts a scumlean on BoomFrog here only to say this mere minutes later:
Makhaira wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:53 pm Id much rather see heury or philip elim'd here but I need to take a closer look at the neutrals
Why a "late game liability" gets upgraded to the D1 elim list in front of a scumlean is actually beyond me.
The same pattern continues with Mak calling BoomFrog's abovementioned townread "gross", but still not switching from Heury, whose crime at this point seems to be an overly defensive response to Messie (although later it's updated by latching onto my remark about Heury's tone).
Makhaira then comes into D2 with guns blazing for BoomFrog (after two or three players already expressed suspicion for him), saying they didn't get a chance to switch like they planned to (Makhaira was online about three hours before deadline and had a perfect opportunity to swing the vote. This could plausibly be an honest misreading of the votes in messie's post though) and follows up with a long re-read post focused mostly on Boom and Messie. This results in BoomFrog, Messie and yours truly getting an undifferentiated "scumlean".
BoomFrog then posts a case on Makhaira supposedly based on his D1 gambit, although there's little indication of that in the subsequent spoilered analysis (nor did he mention Makhaira on D2 before this). Here BoomFrog brings up some of the points I mentioned here, concludes Makhaira is mafia and then votes... Wam, because he thinks Makhaira and Wam are the team. This naturally results in a fight during which Makhaira continues to argue for a Boom+Messie team. What I find a little odd here is how the votes progressed: Makhaira unvotes after Wam and I switched around, Boom switches to Makhaira and then (after Mark votes him) rallies Messie onto Wam (creating a tie for the second time) and then Makhaira comes back to vote Boom.
I'm not saying this was definitely scum-theater, but Makhaira seems to be an experienced player and Boomfrog is Boomfrog, so I feel like it's possible they saw BoomFrog's probable demise and decided to make the most of it.
messie

Post by messie »

My people are going out today so I only have a few minutes before I have to go to work guarding the house and chewing on shoes!
Makhaira wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:50 am please do not be deliberately dense
hoku with ball.PNG
hoku with ball.PNG (66.39 KiB) Viewed 1463 times
I can't help it I'm a dog.

Makhaira wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:50 am I very much doubt he and his partner were resigned to his elim and committed to a full bus strat
I don’t know you, but I do know BoomFrog, and this is not only something that is very well within his range, it is something he would enjoy. Probably immensely.

If you have time, you can read this.

Makhaira wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:50 am sorry no I'm not "re-presenting" it. Literally my entire EoD2 content is my case against you. you and boom were like open buddy D1 and you didn't seem too keen on his elim last phase. I think the case is very straightforward and I quoted all the posts I think connect you two
Ok got it. I replied to all your concerns about me, and you refuse to re-evaluate. So what you’re saying is YOU HAVE NOTHING.

Makhaira wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:50 am where are you getting the impression I am certain I will be around day 4? I said that I had different plans based on different possible NKs, obviously one of those permutations is myself being elim'd in which case my meaningful choices as a player come to an end
If you were realistically considering that you might be the night kill tonight, you would not have suggested ending the day so quickly, without discussion.

somitomi wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:17 am daria_annoyed.png
I find it very hard to believe that one side of your brain doesn't understand this sentence about where my mind was at that moment and that's not even the only issue I have with this.
Ok. I’m waiting.

Is that a rabbit?. Gotta go chase it. Woof.
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

somi, I get where you're coming from, I've lost to all in bussing before too, but I've been against boomfrog since literally the beginning of the game. I have done nothing but attack that slot and the only town ping I ever got from the slot was the "huh" reaction to Wam's crazy vote, which I then reconsidered and was correct in determining that boom was in fact scum and still genuinely shocked and how wam interpreted his self pres push against me and wam. if you don't see that effortposting for what it is, that being boom genuinely trying to wiggle out of an elim despite looking AWFUL after the sabrar and heury flips, and sabrar essentially begging us to elim boom next, you are missing the forest for the trees

I am not from this site. I have never been scum with boomfrog before. you legitimately believe I'm just going to put enough faith into someone whose skill level I have absolutely no concept of to commit to an all in bus strat from D1? I have zero motive to do something like that when there is much better EV just playing a normal scum strat and driving miselims. setting up a scum partner for an all in bus strat that I I have no experience with and no way to know their overall skill level is as close to playing against wincon as one can get. from what you all are saying, it seems like boom is a strong player, and I think his play in this game generally reflects that. like he almost got us to come around on him despite all signs pointing to him at EoD1. if you are saying that was elaborate theatre between me and someone I've never played with, you're being being straight up paranoid

also if I was committing to a full bus, full distancing strat, I would not have unvoted. doing that literally give other slots a much higher chance to be miselimed given this game's plurality rules. If I wanted max distance credit from boom, I would've gone all in and speakheaded his elim unwaveringly. I was very clearly hesitant and unsure of what to do at EoD2 and was actively thinking about what to do and was trying to get some EoD engagement to help me sort.

as for me being on before deadline, I never said I had no opportunity to change votes earlier. what happened was I legitimately believed I would be able to be in the thread engaged with the game for atleast the last full hour before deadline to have last minute discussion and make my final decision. I got roped in to a group activity and lost track of time and only barely made it back before the deadline. I am very serious when I say it was purely by luck that what I was doing wrapped up before the deadline and I was able to get back to my computer before it hit