Animal Kingdom Mafia (Game Over)

What you're all really here for.
Eido

Re: Animal Kingdom Mafia (Day 1)

Post by Eido »

heuristically_alone wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:19 pm Do you consider boom less engaging for posting one word than mark for not posting at all?
Less engaging. Mark actually made a post about it being a long time and seeing what they can remember. Boom's giving me more of whimsical first impression though right now

What about you? Do you agree with Sabrar's FOS on Boom?
Eido

Post by Eido »

phillip1882 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:22 pm ok. i'm rather new to mafia, so not sure what i should post, i'll think of something though
Yo I hope this link is helpful:

https://smashboards.com/threads/apex-le ... t-24129780

The terminology can be tricky to remember but once it clicks, it clicks.

Is there anyone right now giving you an impression that they could be faking their content?
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

No. I suspect Sabrar was worried boom was going to hide behind a previous "gag".
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
Eido

Post by Eido »

"Gag" being a typical thing Boom does?
Wam

Post by Wam »

Eido wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:21 pm "Gag" being a typical thing Boom does?
Gambit. Boom did one previously where they just replied in woof to everything. There was a surprising level of.communication though.
Wam

Post by Wam »

Initial impressions is eido is town. I agree with sabrar that huery is leaning town.

Messie is going to be hard to read.
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

[quote=Sabrar post_id=19091 time=1646477398 user_id=85]
@Makhaira: could you please describe how you normally play as town? Do you have any strengths (e.g. good hunches, vote-analysis, etc)?
[/quote] id say im more reactive of a player than proactive in the early phases. not the best cold reader, pretty good at reading into vote patterns and subtle position shifts
heuristically_alone wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:29 am
messie wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:40 am
Okay, for starters, I think only half my brain hates D1 now and I also have half identified the scum team from their confirmation posts (hint: Sabrar).
VOTE: messie
heuristically_alone wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:14 pm If I thought there were 3 scum I would have rounded up to 67%
are these related?
phillip1882 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:15 pm so since i already vote do i still have to post every day?
you don't have to post every day but its a good idea to contribute as often as you can meaningfully do so. the only real tool town players have to find the scum is to discuss their positions because we have no real starting information so we have to generate the content ourselves. if you don't ever communicate or contribute we will be unable to read you which makes you a liability if you're town
Makhaira

Post by Makhaira »

Wam wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:59 pm
Gambit. Boom did one previously where they just replied in woof to everything. There was a surprising level of.communication though.
this is good to know thanks
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Sabrar wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:09 pm Why do you think there are 3 scum?
Why does 66% mean 3 scum?
phillip1882 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:15 pm so since i already vote do i still have to post every day?
Oh man, if only D1 was over that quickly...
heuristically_alone wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:17 pm No. I suspect Sabrar was worried boom was going to hide behind a previous "gag".
Do you think Boom would re-hash an old gambit when most of the crowd has seen the original?
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

@Sabrar: Why do you think Messie is my scum buddy?
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

@Messie: I assume weekends are still peek posting time for you. This is the only weekend before deadline. I'd love to hear more from y'all y'all y'all.
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

somitomi wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:47 pm
Sabrar wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:09 pm Why do you think there are 3 scum?
Why does 66% mean 3 scum?
That's the standard chance anyone would have being town. heury is supposedly town from their own pov so 9 players, 3 scum means 6 other townies, 6/9 = 66% give or take.
boomfrog wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:31 am @Sabrar: Why do you think Messie is my scum buddy?
Why do you think I think messie is scum?
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Vote Count 1.1:

messie (2): Sabrar, heury
somitomi (1): Eido
phillip (1): Makhaira
Sabrar (2): Mark, wam
heury (1): Phillip
Makhaira (1): somitomi

Not voting: messie, Boomfrog
messie

Post by messie »

Woof woof woof!

I’m soooo excited to be playing with Mark_Cangila and Eido again!

Hi philip1882! I remember you from the xkcd forums! Great to see you again! Hope you have FUN with all of us here!

Welcome Makhaira! We’re always happy to have new members!
Sabrar wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:54 am
messie wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:40 am Okay, for starters, I think only half my brain hates D1 now and I also have half identified the scum team from their confirmation posts (hint: Sabrar).
I knew it! It was the dot that betrayed me, wasn't it?
Not entirely. Your timing is suspicious.

Sabrar wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:54 am FoS: BoomFrog

For not even trying.
Why an FoS why not a vote? Is there a reason you want to leave your vote on me me me?

heuristically_alone wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:29 am VOTE: messie
Reasons?

boomfrog wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:09 pm But Doctor! I am Pagliacci!
pagliacci.png
pagliacci.png (49.25 KiB) Viewed 2043 times
Wam wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:59 pm
And this was my favorite BoomGambit ever I still howl about it. Please continue
Wam wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:04 pm Messie is going to be hard to read.
Hmmm, I like the way you just dropped this in there. What did you mean by it? Or did you just want to talk about me me me me me?

More later there’s a noise outside so I need to bark my head off at it.
readytobark.jpg
readytobark.jpg (33.59 KiB) Viewed 2043 times
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

messie wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:07 am Not entirely. Your timing is suspicious.
Yeah, because I'm known for being patient and not refresh the page every minute when I'm expecting role pm-s to be sent out. I'm sure you have a GoJoe post about that saved somewhere.
messie wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:07 am Why an FoS why not a vote? Is there a reason you want to leave your vote on me me me?
You're fully aware that I don't switch often. It simply didn't merit a vote.

It feels like your two halves wait for each other before posting your combined posts. I'm not about to tell you how to play but don't you feel this restricts the information you can convey?
Eido

Post by Eido »

messie wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:07 am
messie wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:40 am Okay, for starters, I think only half my brain hates D1 now and I also have half identified the scum team from their confirmation posts (hint: Sabrar).
This something you can talk about more? Why is the timing suspicious?

Also, nice to be playing with everyone again too. What a shame we're about to throw someone into a deathly fire :twisted:

Unvote
Eido

Post by Eido »

Ok so, random coffee thought. I've been thinking about this post:
Scum!Phillip, being new and all, probably seeks this type of guidance from the private chat ? They would have a buddy and a mentor after all.

This post gives me a Town ping for now.

What do we think? Obviously we still need way more content
messie

Post by messie »

Woof!!
Sabrar wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:31 am It feels like your two halves wait for each other before posting your combined posts. I'm not about to tell you how to play but don't you feel this restricts the information you can convey?
I’m trying to work out the best way to post, it’s not as easy as I thought! I want to be able to benefit from my unique advantage, but the disadvantage when it comes to speed.

Why do you care how much information I convey? Don’t you already have an opinion about me me me me me?
Eido wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:57 am
messie wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:07 am
This something you can talk about more? Why is the timing suspicious?
Surely you know about my (half?) talent with confirmation posts, and my (full) experience with the inimitable mind of Sabrar?

I think I’m less likely to tunnel, this time, but right now Sabrar’s my scum read.

Or is he?

Anyway, I think there’s an empty jar of peanut butter around here somewhere, let me go lick it clean…
messie

Post by messie »

Eido wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:08 am Ok so, random coffee thought. I've been thinking about this post:
Scum!Phillip, being new and all, probably seeks this type of guidance from the private chat ? They would have a buddy and a mentor after all.

This post gives me a Town ping for now.

What do we think? Obviously we still need way more content
Just saw this. Good thought. Seems too many layers of 4D chess for scum to plan out.

I’ll think about it for a while.
Eido

Post by Eido »

Ha, that's why I'm asking! You caught Somi in WWZ in a really clean way so I'm interested in these types of clues you pick up on (assuming this is Bessie).

Is Sabrar's timing being off something you consider reliable?
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

messie wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:12 am Why do you care how much information I convey? Don’t you already have an opinion about me me me me me?
No, I've started RVS and left my vote on you because I'm lazy. I try hard not to do quick scum-reads anymore.
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Eido wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:08 am Scum!Phillip, being new and all, probably seeks this type of guidance from the private chat ? They would have a buddy and a mentor after all.
However his buddy could advise him to repeat this question in the thread as well to give off this exact impression. Similar things have happened before.
heuristically_alone

Makhaira wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:22 pm
messie wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:40 am
Okay, for starters, I think only half my brain hates D1 now and I also have half identified the scum team from their confirmation posts (hint: Sabrar).
heuristically_alone wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:14 pm If I thought there were 3 scum I would have rounded up to 67%
are these related?
Great question. I do not have a read on messie and I treat them as one entity. So not related.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

@messie: why are you so sure that there are only 2 scum?
heuristically_alone

heuristically_alone wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:46 am
Makhaira wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:22 pm

are these related?
Great question. I do not have a read on messie and I treat them as one entity. So not related.
Forgot that I DO have a read on messie. Hence the vote. Still only treating as one entity though.
----
he/him/they