Secret Santa Game Thread

What you're all really here for.
madge

Re: Secret Santa Game Thread

Post by madge »

> Why would you downgrade yourself like that?

were you not the one who said that my play was bizarre and makes no sense?

and nah i know i can rock it when it comes to strategy (power use / interactions / logic / etc) but not when it comes to tactics (who is scum? in this 5000 word essay i will). given i have only my power to draw from today in terms of strategy, i don't have much to say/do right now
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
the worst

Post by the worst »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:57 am GTH I don't feel this wagon

The worst you are still pushing me which is really bad because you don't explain it at all.
contrarily, I'm quite cold on scum!wmu

vote: madge
the worst

Post by the worst »

I've been sleeping off a headache today - I'll be more talkative irl-tomorrow
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

Ok, the only way to solve this is for everyone to disclose if they are a dog or cat person.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

bessie wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:30 am Same with you. You are not going to point to BoomFrog on Day 3 and blame my elimination on him. Give your own reasons, preferably reasons that don’t contradict your Day 1 content. And before you auto-attack me for “distancing” or “not posting in good faith” I refer you to your own analysis in this post . Your most likely team is me and moody. Well moody and I are not the mafia team. From your own analysis, Madge+Heury and Madge+Sniper are the next most likely. Interesting you seem to have forgotten what must have been hours of team analysis, and you immediately place your vote following the person on your next two most likely scum teams. And you claim you are sheeping someone who was “80% sure about moody”.
Nah, this doesn't feel like a bad faith post.

As I mentioned in that team analysis post, it's a secondary and indefinite method of analysis and it doesn't really rule out any teams on a long-term level. My primary form of analysis is tonal, so I still find you to be one of the scummiest players, and the nightkill being who it was doesn't help on that front as far as I'm concerned. I have mentioned that madge and heury are the other players I'd consider for toDay.

If you're town, then a good step to showing it would be sharing an organic analysis of madge and/or heury, as someone with more experience interacting with them (either in a mafia game context or not) than the rest of us. Obviously, you'd have more experience with Sniper than the rest of us too, but casing them doesn't really make sense; not only are they probably just newb!town, but they also seem to have significantly less going for them right now.

If you're scum, then well, it looks like you'd be the presumptive elimination by a decent margin if you didn't at least pretend to be helpful, so you probably would want to do so anyways.

As I mentioned earlier in D2, I could be comfortably convinced to vote for any of you, madge, or heury at the moment. Anyone else would take at least a bit more work. You have high individual scum equity, Madge has high team equity, Heury has high gamestate equity.

If I throw away some partial degree of trusting my gut, then Madge is a better elim than you. You edge her out at this time based on my visceral reaction to most of your posts.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Post by xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx »

heuristically_alone wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:48 pm Ok, the only way to solve this is for everyone to disclose if they are a dog or cat person.
Personally I am a dog, a dog who is a cat person :p
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

the worst wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:09 am

The worst you are still pushing me which is really bad because you don't explain it at all.

I don't understand you at all.
Say it again for me like I am 5 pls
the worst

Post by the worst »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:03 pm

I think you're town.
the worst

Post by the worst »

heuristically_alone wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:48 pm Ok, the only way to solve this is for everyone to disclose if they are a dog or cat person.
Cat person but love dogs too. wbu?
madge

Post by madge »

I am an animal person, I love all animals. I've had cats and but I have a dog right now. Don't make me choose :(
bessie

Post by bessie »

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

madge wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:40 am I'm waiting for night results and none are forthcoming, I will be the first to change once I have actual mechanics to dig into. Vote analysis would probably be a good idea, too. I'm sick so I'm going to go lie down a bit more.

FWIW I am not voting for you because of anything my power did or didn't find
Well you’re welcome to do your own vote analysis and I’m interested to see what you come up with.

Also, I never asked you about your power, and never assumed that you got a night result that influenced your decision to vote for me. Now answer my question.

madge wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:43 am I also think BF likely had his finger on the pulse, reads-wise, or he wouldn't have been killed, since so many of us were pocketing him
I’m just going to leave this here, since you too seem to have forgotten that BoomFrog was “80% sure about moody”.

This is the most sensible question I’ve been asked this entire game.

Woof!
happy bessie.PNG
happy bessie.PNG (128.14 KiB) Viewed 1387 times

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:00 pm Personally I am a dog, a dog who is a cat person :p
the worst wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:18 am Cat person but love dogs too. wbu?
madge wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:25 am I am an animal person, I love all animals. I've had cats and but I have a dog right now. Don't make me choose :(
All of you, your unwillingness to commit to an answer (and to dog) has been noted.

Back in a bit to respond to Osie.
madge

Post by madge »

yes BF was wrong about moody but IDK as scum last game sabrar was really keen on us keeping town "allies" alive. Yes people are pocketing BF but scum killing him (when there's the threat of a doc or similar) is information. we can't ignore it.
madge

Post by madge »

@bessie what was the question you asked me? i am not going to do reads outside of pocketing dead townies and vote analysis. vote analysis is not happening todday. maybe tomorrow.

also bessie do you mean to say that you are anti-cat
bessie

Post by bessie »

osieorb18 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:58 pm As I mentioned in that team analysis post, it's a secondary and indefinite method of analysis and it doesn't really rule out any teams on a long-term level. My primary form of analysis is tonal, so I still find you to be one of the scummiest players, and the nightkill being who it was doesn't help on that front as far as I'm concerned. I have mentioned that madge and heury are the other players I'd consider for toDay.
Welp you don’t seem to be considering very hard, since once again, all your posts so far today are about me me me.

osieorb18 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:58 pm If you're town, then a good step to showing it would be sharing an organic analysis of madge and/or heury, as someone with more experience interacting with them (either in a mafia game context or not) than the rest of us. Obviously, you'd have more experience with Sniper than the rest of us too, but casing them doesn't really make sense; not only are they probably just newb!town, but they also seem to have significantly less going for them right now.
I don’t do cases, as I already said on Day 1 and which I know you read, and I don’t do behavioral analysis. I am a completely technical player. And lest you scum read me for this and accuse me of making it up to get out of making cases, here’s a few examples.

https://smashboards.com/threads/decisiv ... t-24361639
New3D bessie behavior reads.PNG
New3D bessie behavior reads.PNG (74.62 KiB) Viewed 1385 times
https://smashboards.com/threads/decisiv ... t-24372008
New3D more bessie behavior reads.PNG
New3D more bessie behavior reads.PNG (19.45 KiB) Viewed 1385 times
https://smashboards.com/threads/decisiv ... t-24364305
New3D even more bessie meta.PNG
New3D even more bessie meta.PNG (75.64 KiB) Viewed 1385 times

More to follow there seems to be a limit of three attachments per post.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Bessie meta continued.
NNY behavior reads.PNG
NNY behavior reads.PNG (38.23 KiB) Viewed 1385 times
WoT3 behavior reads.PNG
WoT3 behavior reads.PNG (57.76 KiB) Viewed 1385 times

viewtopic.php?p=11734#p11734
(from Songs of Our Times which you modded and many people in this game played)
bessie wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:07 pm I don't do behavior reads and I don't do cases, which is probably why my thoughts appear to lack depth to you. I am 95% a technical player, the other 5% is my unreliable gut. Seven can probably explain this to you, he explained it in a previous game but I don''t have time to search for it.

Found it. Also from a game Osie modded.
seven.PNG
seven.PNG (104.55 KiB) Viewed 1385 times

Don't go away I'll be ritght back!
bessie

Post by bessie »

osieorb18 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:58 pm If you're scum, then well, it looks like you'd be the presumptive elimination by a decent margin if you didn't at least pretend to be helpful, so you probably would want to do so anyways.
I don’t need to pretend. My content is there for all who are truly interested in solving the game to read themselves, without you filtering it for them.

osieorb18 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:58 pm If I throw away some partial degree of trusting my gut, then Madge is a better elim than you. You edge her out at this time based on my visceral reaction to most of your posts.
Vote your gut. I’m not trying to change your mind, which is already made up.

Interestingly, when I was looking for examples for this reply (pre post edit see my two previous posts), I discovered how easy it would have been for Osie to find multiple examples of town me doing everything that Osie called me scummy for in his many posts about me me me, mainly (but not limited to) these posts:
viewtopic.php?p=16516#p16516
viewtopic.php?p=16517#p16517

I recommend anyone that’s interested in solving the game click the following links and sort by author. You don’t even need to read the posts; a simple skim will provide numerous examples of things I do ALL THE TIME regardless of alignment:

Analyzing (or talking about) confirmation posts
Passive aggressive questioning of others
Ask someone that hasn’t played in a while if they “missed me me me”
FoS players for town claims and “would I do this as scum” posts
Open posts with “I’m here!”
Post-by-post analysis
Post pictures of my dog
Expressing my unrequited love for <3BoomFrog<3
Being sarcastic
Self meta-ing

Some relevant bessie games:
https://www.mafiacolosseum.com/threads/ ... -over.568/
viewtopic.php?p=10960#p10960
https://smashboards.com/threads/decisiv ... er.513025/
https://smashboards.com/threads/wams-ch ... ad.512648/

osieorb18 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:38 pm Oh jeez less than 24 hours left. Bessie actually wasted the entire day phase, damn.
Nope. It looks like you wasted your Day 1 scum reading me for things I’ve done in this game, that 10 minutes of research would have told you are all present in my town game and at worst are NAI. You should have tried engaging with me in good faith instead of misrepresenting my content.
bessie

Post by bessie »

madge wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:49 am @bessie what was the question you asked me? i am not going to do reads outside of pocketing dead townies and vote analysis. vote analysis is not happening todday. maybe tomorrow.

also bessie do you mean to say that you are anti-cat
This is my question:
bessie wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:30 am So Madge what are your reasons for finding me scummy?
Ok, don’t do any reads or vote analysis. Osie won’t be seriously going after you until tomorrow anyway.

What's so great about cats?
madge

Post by madge »

They are cute and sit in your lap and purr! They play fun games like stalking feathers, and they have such fun personalities. They also don't have to be walked and are smol so they don't eat much.

Many of these things are also true about dogs, and dogs have benefits that cats don't just like cats have benefits dogs don't. My post was pro dogs AND cats and therefore I object to you objecting to it unless you make a convincing case for cats being in some way unworthy of love.

Also, may I additionally propose: bunnies
the worst

Post by the worst »

Join me on madge?
bessie wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:41 am
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:00 pm Personally I am a dog, a dog who is a cat person :p
the worst wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:18 am Cat person but love dogs too. wbu?
madge wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:25 am I am an animal person, I love all animals. I've had cats and but I have a dog right now. Don't make me choose :(
All of you, your unwillingness to commit to an answer (and to dog) has been noted.
Honestly being reborn as a cat is like, my ultimate dream. They're just such a vibe.
madge wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:48 am yes BF was wrong about moody but IDK as scum last game sabrar was really keen on us keeping town "allies" alive. Yes people are pocketing BF but scum killing him (when there's the threat of a doc or similar) is information. we can't ignore it.
I'm not really seeing your mindset in this post.

Yes, some credibility should be given to flipped town's reads (particularly night killed ones). But someone who's town should be putting credence into their OWN reads as well. what are your thoughts on this phase other than sleeping bf/night kill analysis?

From your pov who was pocketing boomfrog? Is there a particular reason you think they pocketed him and then just immediately killed him rather than, like.... using a pocket to win the game?

I don't really know how to ask questions to open your brain on the power role comment, but, like, I'mma give it a shot. Given we had no claims on day one I'm wary that you allude to the idea that shooting boomfrog is distinctly different from shooting to hit power roles? Where does this come from?
the worst

Post by the worst »

I'm kind of refreshed that someone else is seeing town sparkles in Snide's posting. I think he needs to post more before I'll truly know the depths of his brain, but I'm not interested in voting there.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Vote Madge

If the most important thing you noticed is the dog vs cat choice and you didn't even noticed I choose cats, while you are not shocked for the town read I received from the worst who would gladly kill me D1, then I'm thinking your intention is not to solve this game.

There are also other reasons but I have to reread the day 1 for them.

@theworst why the change of heart?
Wam

Post by Wam »

54 hours and 20 minutes to deadline
Votals

Bessie - 2 - madge, the snide sniper
Madge - 2 - the worst, xX_wakemeup1337_Xx

Not voting - 3
bessie, Osieorb18, Heury

With 7 alive it takes 4 for an elimination.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

bessie wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:08 am Welp you don’t seem to be considering very hard, since once again, all your posts so far today are about me me me.
That's just not remotely true.
bessie wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:08 am
osieorb18 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:58 pm If you're town, then a good step to showing it would be sharing an organic analysis of madge and/or heury, as someone with more experience interacting with them (either in a mafia game context or not) than the rest of us. Obviously, you'd have more experience with Sniper than the rest of us too, but casing them doesn't really make sense; not only are they probably just newb!town, but they also seem to have significantly less going for them right now.
I don’t do cases, as I already said on Day 1 and which I know you read, and I don’t do behavioral analysis. I am a completely technical player. And lest you scum read me for this and accuse me of making it up to get out of making cases, here’s a few examples.

https://smashboards.com/threads/decisiv ... t-24361639
New3D bessie behavior reads.PNG

https://smashboards.com/threads/decisiv ... t-24372008
New3D more bessie behavior reads.PNG

https://smashboards.com/threads/decisiv ... t-24364305
New3D even more bessie meta.PNG

More to follow there seems to be a limit of three attachments per post.
I mean, where's the technical analysis then? I don't fall back on technical analysis usually, even though I know how to do it, but sure. Show ANY form of analysis that looks at more than one player.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

madge wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:49 ami am not going to do reads outside of pocketing dead townies and vote analysis. vote analysis is not happening todday. maybe tomorrow.
You mean tomorrow IRL or toMorrow in game?
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:10 pmThere are also other reasons but I have to reread the day 1 for them.
While there, can you let me know your thoughts on Heury?
the worst wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:17 am
the worst wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:09 am contrarily, I'm quite cold on scum!wmu

I think you're town.
Same with you. I'm confident enough on the people I know from off-site and on Sniper. I'm not confident on any of the other locals at the moment, since all have plusses and minuses.