xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Re: Secret Santa Game Thread

Post by xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx »

osieorb18 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:34 pm
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:34 pm
osieorb18 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:57 pm /Vote xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Let's pull you out of your shell!
:D ily too
After I hyped you up so much on NUF and then you were a lurky wolf...
Let me post the link to that game, I know I received a request for this
https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/ ... ry.141207/

Rereading Osie's entrance the town read I gave him seems right. Joking, relaxed, prodding me to play, all that looks towny
Wam

Post by Wam »

23 hours 11 minutes to deadline link :
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/g ... nt=cursive
Votals
Madge - 1 - xX_wakemeup1337_Xx
Osieorb18 - 2 - , bessie, moody7277
Bessie - 1 - Osieorb18,
Moody7277 - 2 - the worst, boomfrog
No Elim - 1 - the snide sniper

With 9 alive it takes 5 for an elimination.

Not voting - Heury
Last edited by Wam on Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

bessie wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:00 pm Hi <3 BoomFrog <3 have you missed me me me?

madge wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:10 pm Howdy neighbour! I am town this time, promise 🙃

Bessie the reason for the question is I don't recall having a firm answer in sign ups from Wam AND I di see it in the rules so I wanted to be sure that everyone knew the score. If you tunnel on me for that then I am sorry but I refuse to engage further.
Is that a TOWN CLAIM??? [-1]

osieorb18 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:33 pm I don't usually use posts from prior to the start of the game to determine someone's alignment. I figured you might have been joking about that as far as alignments were concerned, but if you were serious about it, then it's a bit of an odd push. Like, you're pushing someone for forgetting an element of the rules before the repeatedly-delayed game has started?
Everything in the game thread is content (with the exception real life issues/info posts), including confirmation posts. Players are not allowed to make posts with possible alignment-indicative content, then later say “well that doesn’t count I wasn’t really playing yet."

And yes I am dead serious. How is this an odd push? Madge knows why I pushed her on this. Odd because I am pushing for content? Or odd that I am serious on Page 1?

osieorb18 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:33 pm Nah. I'm not trying to get Sniper to tell me anything about their role. I'm noting that if that's a softclaim, it's probably townie. Besides, if I was trying to solve on roles, why the hell would I put it in the thread as a wolf?
Is that a WOULD I DO THIS AS SCUM post??? [-1]

Why even note that it may be a soft claim unless you want to open discussion on it? The Snide Sniper is a newer player. Since you brought up the “would I do this as scum” argument, I will offer a response that I think the townie thing to do might be to ignore it and move on, not push for more information.

Interesting that Osie asked about my comment on Madge’s confirmation post, but he was not the least bit curious as to why I FoS’d him in the same post , and gave no reasons. He has engaged with me, but not as to why I find him suspicious. Though he has prodded for information as to why I find Madge suspicious.
Bessie what is the difference for you between what Madge posted ("i am town this time, promise" - with a reversed smiley) and what Osie said "why the hell would I put it in the thread as a wolf?"
They are both scumtells and you only go after Osie.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

madge wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:38 pm vote bessie

just because the worst has a mini-wagon and id on't want to add to RVS

FWIW bessie's attitude to me is a null-tell. i think overall townie lean.
This post pings me hard. Voting a town lean is a nonsense
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

Okay, so most of 24 hours left. Phew.

Still not happy with the amount of my time that got wasted this Day. I'm part of the way through a team PoE. So far, I'm still comfortable voting for Moody or maybe Madge to self-preserve if necessary, though I'd absolutely prefer if bessie was on the chopping block toDay. The worst doesn't feel like their scum self yet to me. Usually much more ingratiating and faker-looking effort than I've seen here, IMO.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

It looks like boomfrog may have a multivote unless it's a host error.
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:23 pm Heury is hard to sort, but probably scum would try more? Idk..
Is this due to my most recent post or due to inactivity?
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
heuristically_alone

bessie wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:00 pm
madge wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:10 pm Howdy neighbour! I am town this time, promise 🙃

Bessie the reason for the question is I don't recall having a firm answer in sign ups from Wam AND I di see it in the rules so I wanted to be sure that everyone knew the score. If you tunnel on me for that then I am sorry but I refuse to engage further.
Is that a TOWN CLAIM??? [-1]
I struggle to believe that town!Bessie gives negative points for town claiming early d1.
osieorb18 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:30 pm
The Snide Sniper wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:08 pm
Wam wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:14 pm You all received an email earlier from an unidentified source that stated "we will show you why the party should be in December."
Oh no, is there a bomb here? Has someone gone postal!?
This kinda feels like it could be a softclaim though. Softclaiming a killing role is... townie?
Or claiming a gifting role.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
heuristically_alone

osieorb18 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:25 am
I've heard from various people that use of mafia game terms/acronyms for the direct purpose of calling others out is considered a mild scumtell.
Sounds they a bad infomercial.

"4 out of 5 doctors say that use of mafia terms may be symptoms that you're inflicted with scummyitis!"

I've seen plenty of towns use terms/acronyms as an excuse as evidence of a scummy player. .

I hope this osie v Bessie isn't town on town fight going on. But I'm leaning on one of them being scum. I have a meta read on Bessie that I don't want to share that makes me believe Bessie is scum, though at the same time I would scum!Bessie tunnel so hard on a player straight out the gate she knew would flip town? I don't believe scum!Bessie busses here either. For that reason I'm leaning on town for both Madge and Osie.
moody7277 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:22 pm heury: ghosting us right now. -0
181031-fleming-funny-ghost-stories-hero_flmzdn.gif
181031-fleming-funny-ghost-stories-hero_flmzdn.gif (82.61 KiB) Viewed 1175 times
----
he/him/they
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

heuristically_alone wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:24 pm
moody7277 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:22 pm heury: ghosting us right now. -0
181031-fleming-funny-ghost-stories-hero_flmzdn.gif
Lock-town for memes, lol.
Wam

Post by Wam »

osieorb18 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:48 pm It looks like boomfrog may have a multivote unless it's a host error.

Host error fixed
Last edited by Wam on Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
heuristically_alone

the worst wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:54 am
The Snide Sniper wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:58 pm So I have hardly anything to go off of thus far, but this in particular stuck out to me:
osieorb18 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:33 am I'm active and I have some experience, so I can play decently as town, but my scum game is mostly non-existent.
Is anyone actually able to verify this? I think it might help in untangling the whole bessie/osie deal?
Osie and I have been scum together, and ive played against scum!Osie before.

Hes p capable of like, posting and keeping up momentum, and I think his tactical game should be pretty respectable as scum. But his towngame is sharper and has a lot more nuance.
So would you consider this their sharper and more nuanced play?

@Osie are you going to spend time on other players are just argue with Bessie til the end of time? I've already gotten to the point where I quickly skim past your long posts referencing Bessie. Old news as the say.
moody7277 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:35 pm --I really would like heury and Snide's eyes in here doing scumhunting too. Eliming lurkers D1 is ridiculous, so I'm not going there, I'll just fume about them.
I don't think I've seen anyone even mention the possibility of eliming lurkers.
----
he/him/they
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

heuristically_alone wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:24 pm
osieorb18 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:25 am
I've heard from various people that use of mafia game terms/acronyms for the direct purpose of calling others out is considered a mild scumtell.
Sounds they a bad infomercial.

"4 out of 5 doctors say that use of mafia terms may be symptoms that you're inflicted with scummyitis!"

I've seen plenty of towns use terms/acronyms as an excuse as evidence of a scummy player. .

I hope this osie v Bessie isn't town on town fight going on. But I'm leaning on one of them being scum. I have a meta read on Bessie that I don't want to share that makes me believe Bessie is scum, though at the same time I would scum!Bessie tunnel so hard on a player straight out the gate she knew would flip town? I don't believe scum!Bessie busses here either. For that reason I'm leaning on town for both Madge and Osie.
In all seriousness, though, I actually am kinda getting alarm bells from this post even if I agree that bessie is scum.
heuristically_alone

The Snide Sniper wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:49 am
The Snide Sniper wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:58 pm So I have hardly anything to go off of thus far, but this in particular stuck out to me:

Is anyone actually able to verify this? I think it might help in untangling the whole bessie/osie deal?

Hes p capable of like, posting and keeping up momentum, and I think his tactical game should be pretty respectable as scum. But his towngame is sharper and has a lot more nuance.
Okay, with this and osie's posts in mind I think I'm leaning towards bessie being the scum but I still don't think there's really enough for a solid elim yet. Not without actual evidence from investigative roles.

Vote: no elim
VOTE: The Snide Sniper
----
he/him/they
heuristically_alone

@osie alarm bells because if Bessie flips town it means I'd go after you next? Understandable being alarmed if you are town, but I do see both of you as scummy for different reasons, and since I don't believe it's scum v scum..... *Trails off here*

Specifically I don't like how much time you have spent focused on just defending yourself, arguing with Bessie on d1. To me it so it sounds very much like an excuse not to scum hunt and not to interact more with other players. Lucky for you I's rather vote beside over you, and I pull a ton weight here among the xkcdian Mafia players and of course they'd all follow me willingly.
----
he/him/they
heuristically_alone

boomfrog wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:39 am
bessie wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:15 pm Confirm.
Read this first.

Hopefully you haven't gotten sucked into Osie's mega wall yet. I recommend you completely skip it for D1. We're not eliminating Osie D1*, and you spending time on refuting him will only weaken our ability to judge you and get useful judgement out of you. If we want to get a real vote to eliminate before deadline we need to coalesce now.

*If he's town he's valuable to eliminate later so he has time to contribute more.. If he's scum, he's by far the highest volume, and will generate so many clues to scum mates it's worth waiting to D2. Also, not enough people are convinced and you won't convince them D1.
Best towny post all game
----
he/him/they
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

heuristically_alone wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:40 pm @osie alarm bells because if Bessie flips town it means I'd go after you next? Understandable being alarmed if you are town, but I do see both of you as scummy for different reasons, and since I don't believe it's scum v scum..... *Trails off here*

Specifically I don't like how much time you have spent focused on just defending yourself, arguing with Bessie on d1. To me it so it sounds very much like an excuse not to scum hunt and not to interact more with other players. Lucky for you I's rather vote beside over you, and I pull a ton weight here among the xkcdian Mafia players and of course they'd all follow me willingly.
I mean, you set up a dichotomy between me and bessie with the way you framed it. Not usually a townie approach in my experience.

Also, I've interacted with pretty much everyone who's been present in the thread except for maybe moody, though moody soft-promised to ignore my posts so not much surprise there.

I've also openly stepped away from talking to bessie. It feels like she's wasted my time throughout Day 1 while trying to ensure that I don't enjoy the game enough or have enough focus to really form reads (not that it's stopped me from doing so; used to that. It's a sizable part of why I ignore naked FoS/votes on me).

Although, now that you mention it, she had been doing a lot of projecting and "No u" over the course of the thread, so maybe her "Osie is trying to monopolizing my time like V-whatever-name-is" comment is actually just a slip and that's what she's been doing to me. Food for thought.

I tore apart Bessie's case in the early part of the Day, and the rest of the time has mostly been spent on casing her or reading others, actually. I took a break yesterday since I was justifiably exhausted by this game, especially after making the bessie-style wall of questions, as my last bit of patience was running out and I was shifting into pure disbelief. Went for a nice walk, did a bit of reading, got to sleep early, and all-in-all had a mostly uneventful day. Nice bit of relaxation with minimal technology. Felt great.
the worst

Post by the worst »

heuristically_alone wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:32 pm

So would you consider this their sharper and more nuanced play?
Not really, bizarrely I think he's towny for the opposite reason!

At some point I think scum!Osie feels some onus to start posting things that look like he's truing to solve the game rather than just hard tilting -- the fact he's so far down the rabbit hole without showing an ounce of remorse feels like an innocent mindset.
the worst

Post by the worst »

heuristically_alone wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:34 pm
The Snide Sniper wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:49 am

Okay, with this and osie's posts in mind I think I'm leaning towards bessie being the scum but I still don't think there's really enough for a solid elim yet. Not without actual evidence from investigative roles.

Vote: no elim
VOTE: The Snide Sniper
Why do you think this post is scummy
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

Holy crap the worst might have more volume (albeit less "calories", to use Boom and bessie's wording) than I do. I think I'm most of the way through their posts, but by far the longest ISO to go through for interaction analysis.
the worst

Post by the worst »

I have a lot of issues with bessie's play here.

I don't follow her reads. It's not just that I disagree, its just that they feel like shes assigned positions and then come up with reasons for them later.

Her push on osie is patently overblown and it has gone on too long. I think osie comes out of it looking reasonably pure, but I think bessie's mindset looks bleaker - the way her last few posts go for sarcastic responses is a whole thing. Like, someone with an innocent mindset who feels like an argument has gone on to the point of absurdity tends towards wanting to win the argument or end it (not good play, just human nature). Bessie doesn't feel like she's trying to win, she feels like shes trying to make osie look bad. That's a mindset looking for miselims.

Her posting outside of bessie/osie is also really deeply superficial? Like she's commenting on a lot of stuff and asking a lot of questions but I'm resding over it and going "mm ok" and then resuming. When I answer the questions shes directed at me, i dont feel like she's interested in my answers.

She just feels really performative this game and it's a far cry from d1 of SooT mafia.
the worst

Post by the worst »

osieorb18 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:17 am Holy crap the worst might have more volume (albeit less "calories", to use Boom and bessie's wording) than I do. I think I'm most of the way through their posts, but by far the longest ISO to go through for interaction analysis.
Historians will study this game and praise me for the perfect town win for GENERATIONS
the worst

Post by the worst »

vote: bessie

moody is town
the worst

Post by the worst »

ugh. maybe anyway. I'm just deliberating and realising boomfrog/moody are the only ones who seem to be processing and trying to solve.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

osieorb18 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:20 pm
boomfrog wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:37 am @osie: jfc, what did you expect to accomplish with your mega wall? Because the result is no one but Bessie will read it.
I mean, I'm figuring that at best the back-and-forth with Bessie might just be a playstyle clash and her just not understanding my posts, even if more likely, her repeated misreps are just scummy rather than innocent misinterpretations. So the quote wall is me stepping into Bessie's playstyle as a good faith attempt to communicate with her on her terms.
I think you may have started out trying to be good faith but you failed quickly. Responding to a wall with a bigger wall isn't actually a good way to reconcile. However, I think most likely this is T vs T, so let's all drop it.
If you want to discuss better ways to reconcile post game when alignments are all known I'd be happy to have that conversation.
If she continues to refuse to communicate in good faith, I'll just ignore her and focus elsewhere and leave my vote on her for the rest of the game until she's eliminated.
Well she's not going to be eliminated toDay, so who's your second pick? Before team analysis, who's your second pick right now?