Secret Santa Game Thread

What you're all really here for.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Re: Secret Santa Game Thread

Post by xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx »

the worst wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:04 pm
osieorb18 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:39 pm
the worst wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:58 amFrom the outside world I know osie and I know wmu. I don't think ive actually seen WMU's scumgame but she can be a badass as town so it'd be interesting I guess. Osie is also good scum and it's been a hot minute but I feel like I have a p decent shot at reading him.
How do you feel about WMU this game?
She hasn't (sorry) woken her up yet. I'm not seeing a lot of like, organic reasoning behind what she's asking ? I could be persuaded to vote there.
What?
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

the worst wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:58 amFrom the outside world I know osie and I know wmu. I don't think ive actually seen WMU's scumgame but she can be a badass as town so it'd be interesting I guess. Osie is also good scum and it's been a hot minute but I feel like I have a p decent shot at reading him.
She hasn't (sorry) woken her up yet. I'm not seeing a lot of like, organic reasoning behind what she's asking ? I could be persuaded to vote there.
Yeah, I don't think I used to see this in WMU games but I do sometimes get the feeling of questions for the sake of questions.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:50 pm
madge wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:24 am holy crap why did i agree to this game.

thank you for saying i'm a good player but that's only as scum because i feel sneaky and manipulative!!!! you'll see my town game now and be AMAZED (at how bad it is) - this is also why so many xkcders gave me a free pass on all my erratic behaviour

@osie, bessie: i get the feeling this is going to become huge and encompass the whole of D1 and on the VERY LIKELY CASE you are both town I do NOT want to have to deal with the fact that scum got to sit here and throw popcorn at you while giggling smugly.

@everyone else: who, OTHER THAN OSIE AND BESSIE, would you be most scared of as scum and why? [this is just a question i am asking for the purpose of discussion generation, if you think this is a scummy question then answer an alternative you prefer]

My current thoughts:
Bessie is being bessie, nulltell with slight town lean because null = town
I don't know what Osie is like but the level of freakout/etc seems very genuine when I feel like scum wouldn't want to go through all the trouble of producing a wall of text on D1 for someone they know is town (I have to assume scum wouldn't do this to each other but IDK)
What's the purpose of the bolded sentence? Nvm you explained immediatly after...

How is useful to know someone is paranoid about someone in generating a healthy discussion about the game?
Ftr I am never affraid of anyone when I am town.

And from what I know that's a post a skilled mafia would make about a t/t fight.

Vote Madge
Could you go into detail on your thought process behind this post?
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

thank you for saying i'm a good player but that's only as scum because i feel sneaky and manipulative!!!! you'll see my town game now and be AMAZED (at how bad it is) - this is also why so many xkcders gave me a free pass on all my erratic behaviour

@osie, bessie: i get the feeling this is going to become huge and encompass the whole of D1 and on the VERY LIKELY CASE you are both town I do NOT want to have to deal with the fact that scum got to sit here and throw popcorn at you while giggling smugly.

@everyone else: who, OTHER THAN OSIE AND BESSIE, would you be most scared of as scum and why? [this is just a question i am asking for the purpose of discussion generation, if you think this is a scummy question then answer an alternative you prefer]

My current thoughts:
I don't know what Osie is like but the level of freakout/etc seems very genuine when I feel like scum wouldn't want to go through all the trouble of producing a wall of text on D1 for someone they know is town (I have to assume scum wouldn't do this to each other but IDK)
Oddly a new one for me:

The more I read this post, the more I go from passively uncertain as to what it means for Madge's alignment to actively uncertain as to what it means for Madge's alignment.

Actually, I don't even know if I know what that means.

Hmm.

Words.

I started out without this swaying the needle much and now it's swaying the needle a lot, but the needle isn't staying put on one side or the other?

I guess that's a way to put it.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

the worst wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:01 pma lot of his content has been bein cute (just osie things)
Aww, you're cute too.
the worst wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:01 pmosie prefers town
I do? I thought I just pretty much never rolled anything else, to the level of being likely to roll vanilla town in a role madness game with excessive anti-town.
the worst wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:01 pmosie in a vacuum
I avoid hanging out in vacuums. I like being able to breathe.
the worst wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:01 pmI'm not sure that "annoyed by bessie" qualifies as nuanced enough for me to feel confident.
I'd love to have more to analyze. I do feel like this game has started a bit slow outside of bessie's attempt at a miselim.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

the worst wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:01 pm Is there something particular about his [osie] content that strikes you as alignment indicative? / like I should have a read on him specifically?
He is one of the few players that is familiar to you and has posted the most content. If you are trying to sort people he seems like the best place to start for you. But it seems like from your above post that you didn't really analyse him until I asked you to. So it seems to me like you aren't actively trying to sort.

Is any of that chan of logic inaccurate?

Vote The Worst
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

osieorb18 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:34 pm
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:50 pm

My current thoughts:
What's the purpose of the bolded sentence? Nvm you explained immediatly after...

How is useful to know someone is paranoid about someone in generating a healthy discussion about the game?
Ftr I am never affraid of anyone when I am town.

And from what I know that's a post a skilled mafia would make about a t/t fight.

Vote Madge
Could you go into detail on your thought process behind this post?
Putting it simple that question is useless for the game and doesn't advance it in solving alignaments.

The start of the post is LAMIST and the stances about both you and Bessie show in my opiniom TMI over your alignaments. My hunch is you're both town if Madge is scum.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

@osie, did you find my explanation of the role fishing incident convincing? Does it change your opinion of Bessie?
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

boomfrog wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:54 pm
the worst wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:01 pm Is there something particular about his [osie] content that strikes you as alignment indicative? / like I should have a read on him specifically?
He is one of the few players that is familiar to you and has posted the most content. If you are trying to sort people he seems like the best place to start for you. But it seems like from your above post that you didn't really analyse him until I asked you to. So it seems to me like you aren't actively trying to sort.

Vote The Worst
This is a good vote too
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

osieorb18 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:10 pm
some people mention the elephant in the room others ignore it completely.
I feel like this implies that there may be at least one scum not in the wagons formed today thus far.
I'm confident that this is only saying that some people aren't voting (or even posting). Why do you think this flavor is specifically talking about scum actions?
the worst

Post by the worst »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:19 pm

What?
I feel like you're asking a lot of questions just for the sake of it. And I think you're a good wagon because I think pressure makes you more likely to get excited about a game which should make it easier for me to work out your alignment :D
the worst

Post by the worst »

osieorb18 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:32 pm

Yeah, I don't think I used to see this in WMU games but I do sometimes get the feeling of questions for the sake of questions.
This
the worst

Post by the worst »

Vote The Worst
Yeah, all of it. I don't think there's enough content to read osie confidently, so experience tells me to proceed carefully. I have all of these thoughts as I read, I just don't post boring thoughts unless prompted.
the worst

Post by the worst »

I think your reasoning for that vote is kinda towny though I can feel the "GOTCHA" moment reverberating from you :P
the worst

Post by the worst »

LAMIST is a town tell you heard it here first
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

the worst wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:08 am

What?
I feel like you're asking a lot of questions just for the sake of it. And I think you're a good wagon because I think pressure makes you more likely to get excited about a game which should make it easier for me to work out your alignment :D
And you avoid to answer at them because?
I don't really care about pressure, I play at my own pace.
Besides a vote from a scum read doesn’t mean pressure, means a bad push.
Until I figure if I am right or wrong I would appreciate more from you than some generalities.

I understand you don't risk a read for Osie because he can go either way. This is for me a non commital way of pocketing him.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

the worst wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:13 am LAMIST is a town tell you heard it here first
That depends on who posts it.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

boomfrog wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:55 pm @osie, did you find my explanation of the role fishing incident convincing? Does it change your opinion of Bessie?
I understand and understood since I posted it that someone could read rolefishing into that post, but pointed out from the start that it's an actively (intentionally?) uncharitable interpretation and that my actual intention was that of just pointing out a post I found townie, a statement which bessie handwaved away and didn't really address.

Your explanation was, similarly, maybe even more so, a point in your favour for me; I found it townie. But didn't significantly sway the needle for me on bessie. Maybe it's that I'm involved in the discussion, but even tunneled town is rarely close to that level of bad faith pushing.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

boomfrog wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:00 am
osieorb18 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:10 pm
some people mention the elephant in the room others ignore it completely.
I feel like this implies that there may be at least one scum not in the wagons formed today thus far.
I'm confident that this is only saying that some people aren't voting (or even posting). Why do you think this flavor is specifically talking about scum actions?
I wasn't saying scum actions. I was saying that the host is suggesting "the elephant in the room" is "whoever is scum" and some people have ignored scum entirely.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

Vote The Worst
I like this push too, though The Worst could still go either way for me. I think Boomfrog actually believes what they're saying here, unlike bessie. Boomfrog solid townread.

Tentative PoE: Bessie>>>Moody>>>heury>>>>>(madge/worst/WMU)

Gotta narrow that down to 3 ideally, 4 in an imperfect world.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

the worst wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:11 am

Vote The Worst
Yeah, all of it. I don't think there's enough content to read osie confidently, so experience tells me to proceed carefully. I have all of these thoughts as I read, I just don't post boring thoughts unless prompted.
Could you rephrase this for me? I have two directions I could see this going.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:01 amI understand you don't risk a read for Osie because he can go either way. This is for me a non commital way of pocketing him.
It doesn't work that well (I think), but calling me cute does. :)
the worst

Post by the worst »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:01 am
the worst wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:08 am
What?
And you avoid to answer at them because?
I don't really care about pressure, I play at my own pace.
Besides a vote from a scum read doesn’t mean pressure, means a bad push.
Until I figure if I am right or wrong I would appreciate more from you than some generalities.

I understand you don't risk a read for Osie because he can go either way. This is for me a non commital way of pocketing him.
Answering your question outright won't help me. What do you want me to be more specific about?

You suggesting that I'm trying to pocket Osie kind of lacks nuance? - like by the same argument you could say that every single read ever made on d1 is some kind of pocketing attempt :P is there something that actually struck you as me trying to pocket osie?
the worst

Post by the worst »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:03 am
the worst wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:13 am LAMIST is a town tell you heard it here first
That depends on who posts it.
yeah I just like speaking in DEFINITES to shock people
the worst

Post by the worst »

osieorb18 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:37 am
the worst wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:11 am

Vote The Worst
Could you rephrase this for me? I have two directions I could see this going.
The part abt you?

I think youre fairly capable of making noise as scum. I think your reaction to bessie trends well but is within your emotional scumrange (flashbacks to the game when we met 😱😵). I don't think I'm likely to get you correct until your reads are a bit more nuanced.