Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Game Over

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
the worst

Re: Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Day 2

Post by the worst »

Seven wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:15 am @Madge this is Jedi's full claim:
Town heavy horses, have a passive ability that changes every odd-numbered day (half affect voting while the other half affect day length, currently it's all players loved) and am supposed to get a non-player Neighbor days 3 through 6
SuperJedi224 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:16 pm
Do you get to choose who your neighbor is?
I got to name my top three during the pregame anyway
SuperJedi224 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:22 am
bessie wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:19 pm When you claimed you said you got a non-player neighbor later in the game. Will your neighbor be someone that is not in this game?
That is correct.

Town
bessie, WakeMeUp
Wam, moody7277
Madge
SuperJedi224
MathBlade
Morgan

the worst
Märklin

Scum

good god trying to get the worst elimmed is a pain in the ass. I should have just stuck with my fake claim.
you never answered me about six :(
the worst

Post by the worst »

wait why do you have WMU as hard town? that would help me a buuunch
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

the worst wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:35 am wait why do you have WMU as hard town? that would help me a buuunch
Read the last two pages of end of day and how Sabrar was trying to persuade her to vote jedi. I'll eat six and her whole family too if she don't stop badmouthin me behind my back
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Post by xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx »

Märklin wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:41 am Well, if you people decide I am to be shot, you may as well know my role first.
I'm the Town Cabbage Farmer, here's a copy of my role:
You are TOWN Cabbage Farmer.

Each Night, you may target a unique living player. If you target a player of your same alignment, they get a Cabbage. If you target a player of a different alignment, they get a Caesar Salad. You do not receive results from your action.

You win when no more threats to town exist, as long as at least one town player is alive.

Confirm reading and understanding this message by explaining this role here in this PM.
Honestly is kinda useless, the ability hasn't been used yet. I'm not gonna guess as to the reasons of the person I replaced.
And this is the most unusual alignament cop I ever saw, how come is useless?

Why would you copy paste your role itt?
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

PAUSE. DO NOT POST.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Märklin wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:34 am Ok, since that apparently blew up I'll reveal my true role:
I'm Death and All His Friends.
I can target a unique player every night and gain a chat with them to use during the next day phase. If they correctly guess my alignment, I can use their powers the next night.

Last night, I targeted Sabrar hoping he would respond in good faith thinking he'd get some sort of power he can use even though he's dead if he was right. I planned to take out a scumread of mine overnight then come clean, but I'm having a hard time because I had to read 25 pages and couldn't produce much content worth anything.

I crafted a role I considered useless and claimed that in an attempt to keep scum from murdering me since they almost certainly will tonight now that I've revealed myself.
Uh, reading is useful lol

But..
Umm. I should read before saying anything, right?
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

Host Announcement

Märklin has been modkilled as the elimination due to egregious OGI/Angleshooting. Do not discuss circumstances surrounding modkills.

As the elimination, Märklin's role will flip at the elimination deadline. Players may continue to talk in the thread up to the elimination deadline.

Note: It has been brought to my attention that the rules about OGI/Angleshooting were not entirely clear. I had minimized the text of the rules as it was implied that players would be intimidated by my usual long-form rules. Given the circumstances, the OP has been updated with my long-form rules. I encourage all living players to read through said rules and ask any questions of me that they deem necessary.

(And now to go make myself dinner.)

You may now resume talking. You may continue to vote should you so desire, although the elimination is locked. The Day will end at 10 AM PST on December 2nd.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Vote: the worst
Seven (she, him, their)
the worst

Post by the worst »

#stilltown
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

the worst wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:16 am#stilltown
Thoughts on this? viewtopic.php?p=12703#p12703
Seven (she, him, their)
Wam

Post by Wam »

So with that I will shoot whoever is leading the votals at deadline - 30 minutes.

@madge at 4am I am normally asleep!
the worst

Post by the worst »

Seven wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:17 am
genuinely very intriguing - didn't clock it at the time & I'll check it when I have time.
the worst

Post by the worst »

Morgan would be my choice yeet atm. I have a few ties which I'd prefer to see resolved tonight before I'm yeeted, but if this game needs me gone to be solvable I can live with that x
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

So yea, rereading day 1 I think the worst is the only one it can be. Sheep me for win.
Seven (she, him, their)
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

the worst wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:28 am
Seven wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:17 am
genuinely very intriguing - didn't clock it at the time & I'll check it when I have time.
I @ed you with the timing of my vote, i know the pings don't work but maybe you don't read the posts of people you are pushing :shrug:

This makes me look at the worst's progression on me with a new suspicion. Also I don't get where his yeet choice for Morgan comes from. I still have to read and see if it's somewhere explained

Until then

Vote the worst
Wam

Post by Wam »

Having re read the end of day 1 I think its morgan.

As sabrar is getting momentum pushes math
viewtopic.php?p=11769#p11769

Then throws sabrar in a long list of options. @seven isn't this your usual.scum buddy tell

viewtopic.php?p=11770#p11770

Realises they need to be on sabrar for distancing

viewtopic.php?p=11781#p11781

Again tries to move it to math

viewtopic.php?p=11789#p11789

vote morgan
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Shoot me with my own vig shot. I triple dog dare you.

Vote the worst
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Not quite, but I don't like that he put Jedi in the probably town just like that. He never explained why jedi's role being in confirmed = Jedi town. You stated that it was because you didn't believe the role was a scum role, but Morgan made no such connection.

Vote: Morgan
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Morgan wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:43 pm Shoot me with my own vig shot. I triple dog dare you.

Vote the worst
What happens?
Seven (she, him, their)
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Seven wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:45 pm Not quite, but I don't like that he put Jedi in the probably town just like that. He never explained why jedi's role being in confirmed = Jedi town. You stated that it was because you didn't believe the role was a scum role, but Morgan made no such connection.

I didn’t have to make that connection because I agreed with Wam when he made it.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Morgan wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:46 pm
Seven wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:45 pm Not quite, but I don't like that he put Jedi in the probably town just like that. He never explained why jedi's role being in confirmed = Jedi town. You stated that it was because you didn't believe the role was a scum role, but Morgan made no such connection.

I didn’t have to make that connection because I agreed with Wam when he made it.
Why?
Seven (she, him, their)
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Seven wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:46 pm
Morgan wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:43 pm Shoot me with my own vig shot. I triple dog dare you.

Vote the worst
What happens?
Are you trolling? I die.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Why?
It’s not complicated.

Wam said he was waiting for a CC. I said why? There isn’t going to be a CC in role madness because roles tend to overlap and it’s a closed setup. He said oh because I don’t see scum having that kind of role or something. And then I remembered reading about Jedi’s effect on the game in the OP and realized that he was trueclaiming. I agreed (without explicitly saying so, apparently) that it was an unlikely scum role because aside from scum double voters, I almost never believe vote manipulation is a scum ability.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Also none of you can mechanically put me on a scum team with Sabrar. It’s impossible.

bessie took a (joking? Couldn’t tell) crack at it saying it was compulsive and I could only send it to people of the opposite alignment (villagers, if I’m mafia). Good try, but that’s stupid and how would that ever be fair to a mafia team even if my ability has a 10% chance of killing its user?

Everyone else voting me has to be doing it for the lulz or something, and when I flip town my only question is going to be well what the fuck were you expecting.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Morgan wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:49 pm

Why?
I almost never believe vote manipulation is a scum ability.
Why?
Seven (she, him, their)