Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Game Over

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Re: Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Day 1

Post by xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx »

Wisp wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:38 pm Idk why I need to be obvious town honestly, it's not like anyone in this game is given me content that screams in either direction, except maybe Bessie? I'm not about to throw out random votes on reads, when I 0 knowledge in regards to how a lot of these people play
Explain me please the slip thing and your Poe
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Post by xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx »

Wisp wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:39 pm
Sabrar wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:03 pm Why do you think Wake will never get traction before the posted anything relevant?
You aren't going to find wake or get them executed based off early content, they are quite decent at given reads regardless of alignment, so I think what they post is irrelevant
Wisp, you found me in all games we played, where this comes from?
osieorb18 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:33 am Votecount

Votee (Votes/Elimination) - Voter(s)
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

SuperJedi224 (6/8) - Morgan, Wam, madge, the worst, Sabrar, MathBlade
Suzaku (1/8) - SuperJedi224
Wisp (1/8) - moody7277
moody7277 (1/8) - Suzaku
the worst (1/8) - Seven

Not Voting (3): bessie, patzer, Wisp
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Elimination Deadline is 10 AM PST on November 23rd.

Suzaku is V/LA through Tuesday.
Activity Check 1.4
MathBlade - 3
bessie - 4
Wisp - 15
moody7277 - 4
madge - 1
Wam - 1
SuperJedi224 - 3
Seven - 2
Sabrar - 2
the worst - 2
Morgan - 1

Fourth 24 hours Cutoff

Wam has been prodded.
I have replacement lined up for patzer once the new player's account is approved. As such, there will be a 24 hour extension. Later Day phases will be extremely unlikely to have extensions.
Please don't hammer, i really want to make an educated guess for my vote and as east european i have to sleep now because it's 11 pm

I will be here in 8 hours

For everyone who doesn't know me, because i noticed people posted gender details, i am a she and my name translated in English is Michelle, this being my main username in all sites. WMU is an alt from an anon game and I prefer it lately.
Wam

Post by Wam »

Morgan wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:02 pm The case doesn't do anything for me. If anything, your case looks spun to come to a pre-determined conclusion.

But Wisp says you're town, so oh well.
There is confirmation bias but dont think that's scummy in this case.
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

@Seven
@Michelle
The only other option for me, is that you two are neighbors, or masons, you can claim that, else my read stands
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Wisp wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:30 pm Sorry I'm getting annoyed with the baseless attacks on me, and I was annoyed that you made that post about seven right after I said my original read was correct, which was him being a wolf for calling me out
Then that's my bad, I don't know why I thought you originally said he was town.
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

Prove me wrong claim what I said, or give me some reads, appealing to me won't do much

Else y are just a wolf
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

@Michelle
Ya that's me, not them, I can find you, and I would spend my time finding you now, if not for whatever the hell Seven did a couple pages ago, and his response made it even worse
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

@Seven
@Michelle
Do y'all have a chat together, simple question
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

On Seven's case re Wisp.

There being just four points considering the volume he's put up seems a bit thin, but one of the points was about active lurking. His wanting to elim bessie regardless of evidence is definitely, to borrow his word, gross. Also Seven's point about him trying to get a town read on him without it looking like he wants to recruit a town read could be interpreted as building up a buffer against a just elim.

Cynical View give the case two thumbs up, would read again.
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

I mean Bessie is a very clean wolf, the argument is, "if they aren't dead in a few days, they are probably deep", but that is irrelevant now, because I am firmly at a town read, something both of you are choosing to ignore, I can go on
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

"Firmly at a town read" meaning a lot of other people are reading you as town? You're probably right, I'd have to read through to see how many people are doing so. Don't mind being quixotic about some things, including this case where I try vainly to get wolf!Wisp elimmed.
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

moody7277 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:35 pm "Firmly at a town read" meaning a lot of other people are reading you as town? You're probably right, I'd have to read through to see how many people are doing so. Don't mind being quixotic about some things, including this case where I try vainly to get wolf!Wisp elimmed.
I was talking about my read on bessie

@Michelle
Also I've had two people on my ass pretty much all game, I just wanted to vibe. But now I'm dead either way, so I don't even have time to naturally evaluate you anymore
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Wam wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:58 pm
Morgan wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:02 pm The case doesn't do anything for me. If anything, your case looks spun to come to a pre-determined conclusion.

But Wisp says you're town, so oh well.
There is confirmation bias but dont think that's scummy in this case.
Could you elaborate and go into your read on Wisp?
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

Anyways I gotta finish up work, and then be up for work again at 8am so this EoD is not the best for me at all

I'll do what I can, but consider my wim pretty dead
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

In Seven's point 3 in her case on you, you basically say that you have no hope of catching wolf!bessie, meaning you'd likely see her as town regardless of her alignment, and therefore want her elimmed by D3 or D4 on gerneral principles. It is the fact you have someone you want gone that you aren't even bothering to analyze that is the damning part.

By way of full disclosure, I do have a bessie policy of my own (which miffs her very much). If upon analysis I find she's anything less than solid townie, even sort of neutral looking, I get suspicious of her.
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

Well it's good thing she is solidly townie then
I've lost two games to wolf Bessie, I have never beaten her, but I took a step back and actually analyzed her posts, I don't believe she is going at anything in a malicious manner

That read should not be touched until at most Lylo
madge

Post by madge »

Just checking in.

My vote stands for now, but I am still watching Seven, Bessie, and Wisp's opinions as my main town reads.

As I don't like reads but I like claim/power/etc analysis, finally I have something to chew on:

The claim is interesting and seems to be about as weird as my role, so I will believe it. The OP said that a full claim would not help town, so either scum all have townie-passing roles or scum all have safeclaims. With someone saying earlier that the host has done games with lots of kills before, the role would make sense for town or scum. (I know this is all v obvious, more or less just thinking alloud here)

Logistical note: with a 24 hour extension I assume the deadline is still 2am my time, and I am unsure whether I will have another chance to post as I haven't firmed up whether I'm going out with my partner or just having a quiet night at home. I will go to work today so will be able to keep an eye on things but likely not make huge posts.
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

Seven is building an entire wolf team around a town player, which is already aggravating enough, but that in itself is not out of his town meta, since I always seem to have to set him on the right track. I don't think he is handling my slot like he has in the past, even consider the games where he has mindlessly tunneled my town game, and my one wolf game, where a
I yelled at him once, and then I skated to victory. This is not natural progression, and even less so if he refuses to take my claim in to account

Which Morgan has been the only one to even ping the post, and he didn't even talk about it lmao. Utterly baffling. Seriously why can't I just vibe for at least day 1 on a site where I have very little meta.

And crazy how Seven shades me on my original read of Suzaku, but now they are a wolf because it makes sense with me, even tho their intro was the same to them. I read you differently then them because they are on v/la, there is nothing more I can get from them, from you I still can, and it never got better

My ultimatum was kill Suzaku, or don't, because u won't get anything more. But I also have the fact that Bessie says it's common for people to play like that, and your wolf meta where u played exactly like how you are playing now. That's why my read never changed on them, and that's why I am handling Suzaku in the manner I am

So sit the hell down
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

I'll be back later, my lunch is over
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Wisp wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:54 pm Well it's good thing she is solidly townie then
I've lost two games to wolf Bessie, I have never beaten her, but I took a step back and actually analyzed her posts, I don't believe she is going at anything in a malicious manner

That read should not be touched until at most Lylo
We can agree on something then. I'm sure I'll get burned by a particularly good performance from her at some point when I'll have to reevaluate ([Gauron eyes] but it is not this day! [/Gauron eyes]). I do recall a couple of spectacular successes that will probably make the fall all the greater when it does happen.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Wisp wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:41 pm Nothing, don't worry about it, wolves can kill me tonight
It's really not believable that town!Wisp would make this post if he really believed in the slip.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
SuperJedi224

Post by SuperJedi224 »

Hello wake
the worst

Post by the worst »

Wisp wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:16 pm I meant mostly on levels of content, it's somewhat hard to parse through some of these players based on what their content means for their alignment

The certificate being expired makes me not want to do anymore today, it's hard to reread when I need to force my connection to every new page

I'll try to reread but it's unlikely I change from the PoE of Sabrar/Moody/Jedi atm
Huh why do you have me clear?
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

the worst wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:21 pm
Wisp wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:16 pm I meant mostly on levels of content, it's somewhat hard to parse through some of these players based on what their content means for their alignment

The certificate being expired makes me not want to do anymore today, it's hard to reread when I need to force my connection to every new page

I'll try to reread but it's unlikely I change from the PoE of Sabrar/Moody/Jedi atm
Huh why do you have me clear?
Where do I have u clear? I said I wouldnt lunch you? I don't think there is any arguable reason as to why you should die today, over others, not that you town
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

vote: Xivii
Join me or don't
I can't tell you not to execute Jedi, cause I can't remove him from my PoE, I think Seven will be much harder to remove as the game goes on, but that will probably be yours problem, not mine, I think