Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Game Over

What you're all really here for.
Wisp

Re: Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Day 1

Post by Wisp »

I mean honestly enough people here seem to dislike me anyways, so maybe I should play the role

Seven/Wake/x
That's very likely ur team
With a 3p hiding somewhere
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Seven
bessie
moody7277
patzer
MathBlade
Wam
Morgan

madge
SuperJedi224

Sabrar
the worst
Suzaku
Wisp

I think this is probably closer to the correct solve than I had before (swapped Morgan for Suzaku). I think MathBlade's analysis of Suzaku is spot on, and I also think that Wisp and Suzaku are scumbuds. Wisp has been defending him throughout Mathblade's push:
Wisp wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:52 pmI do agree with the thoughts on Suzaku, but I want them to clarify their playstyle first. I have other problems with that post, other than it just being a useless recap, that does very little for the game state.
Note how generous he is being here in comparison to how he dug into Moody for a similar thing. Wisp is also subtly defending Suzaku here:
Wisp wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:24 pm
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
MathBlade wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:16 pm
Wisp wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:15 pm

Who is town reading Suzaku?
People starting counter wagons instead of having hopped on.
There was a lot of suspicion yet the wagon didn’t fly.
That's not how this works at all lol

Anyways, That was a good read list from Sabrar
The Worst doesn't seem to have any direction to his posts. I don't get feel of an underlying drive to catch scum. Also, after Mathblade called out Wisp/Suzaku as a possible team, The Worst jumped in here, getting ahead of this suspicion and providing Wisp a way out ("I think your post signals that you're working on something."):
the worst wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:08 am
Wisp wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:52 pm There is 0 need to try to think of teams at this point, but I do agree with the thoughts on Suzaku, but I want them to clarify their playstyle first. I have other problems with that post, other than it just being a useless recap, that does very little for the game state.

I very rarely see town bother trying to talk about everyone has early as 24 hours, but I don't know how a week day length could change that, nor how Suzaku typically plays. It still pings me none the less.

Why exactly do you think we are wolf/wolf?
Won't speak for Mathblade - he'll likely be seeing different stuff to me anyway. But it does feel like there's a lack of conversation happening between you and Suzaku. I'm waiting for some kind of clarity around what either of you are doing to solve the game yet, and to that ends perhaps I'm waiting for one of you to turn up the dial a little.

Wouldn't normally bother responding to this but I think your post signals that you're working on something. So I'm keen to see where it goes.
Sabrar has allayed my suspicions somewhat and could possibly be swapped out with Jedi, but I feel emboldened by the fact that all of wam, me, madge, moody, and bessie—all who have played with sabrar extensively—feel something is off. Also insightfulness of this line is just peculiar to me:
Overall impression is good but they might be trying to replicate a known townie-meta.
I had this very thought, but only because I've seen The Worst play. This is by no means a strong belief, but it kind of makes me suspect Scumbud The Worst mentioned something like this in PT. Like "I know my votes seem erratic but Morgan etc. will see this as my town meta."

Anyway,

Vote: Wisp
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

I'm not surviving tonight anyways
I hard claim Town Home

I'm a both ways kill stopper
I stop outgoing and ingoing attacks on my target
And if I successfully stop a kill this way, I become immune to being vote the next day phase

I asked many questions, one which includes the thread being notified in the day opening, of the fact I couldn't be voted if I ever was successful.

I'll see what I can do later tonight

@Morgan
I said I wouldn't bring up dead horses, but it's crazy when I write some clean scum cases and you ignore them, and somehow execute me, but here, you somehow latch onto my read of Seven which is actually pretty light, but don't mention at all my read of Bessie which is pretty much lock town in my opinion

Again the wolf team is Wake/Seven/x

Gl GL
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Morgan wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:02 pm The case doesn't do anything for me. If anything, your case looks spun to come to a pre-determined conclusion.
Congratulations, you have successfully encapsulated Seven's usual mo (and it's NAI).

- Reason 1: could be coming from scum for reasons stated. have seen it from town as well more than a few times.
- Reason 2: disagree entirely that it is lurking. I have also done line-by-line analysis in the past to illustrate a point.
- Reason 3: I have a policy to yeet lurkers so I'm not in a position to argue against others having a different policy. I agree that it is not a good idea to tell scum how you will find them though.
- Reason 4: this is bs. People are allowed to change their minds without being wishy-washy.

So overall it's not very convincing.
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

Jedi is probably bait, but still correct imo
Seven/Wake will never get traction in my ooinion
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Post by xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx »

patzer wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:56 am Alright sorry for delay, time to catch up.

Starting with my last post,
patzer wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:31 pm Hm. Nothing strongly jumped out at me but might as well go through player list and see what I think.

Players from OP:

1. Suzaku
2. moody7277
3. madge
4. Zeniba
5. Wam
6. bessie
7. patzer
8. SuperJedi224
9. the worst
10. Morgan
11. Wisp
12. Sabrar
13. MathBlade

Suzaku: three posts. First is a random vote, second post is very weak stuff on all (understandably), only notable thing is accusing Wisp of “active lurking” but thinks that seems to be more of a culture difference. Nothing much to go on with him, neutral.

Moody: First post of content is targeting Wisp. Fairly similar reasons to Suzaku’s targeting. Will get back to thoughts on this once I’ve done my read on Wisp. Also disapproves of Bessie wagon- will have opinion more once I’ve read though Bessie’s posts.
Madge: alright she seems legit, like I haven’t played with her before but he playstyle seems to match, that being said it’d be fairly easy for mafia to emulate that

Zeniba: No posts. away doing irl stuff, it seems. obvious neutral nvm Seven took over. Seven: instantly scumread Wisp. Typical Seven behaviour, they’ve often got a good eye for stuff. Town if Wisp is scum, as the only other theory- intentional deflection- is just an unnecessary gamble. Honestly I have town vibes anyway but idk if that’s just overcompensation for last time’s mistaken scumread

Wam: Doesn’t seem to have said much meaningful so far, neutral

Bessie: started off with a very abrasive post tone. town points for that bc no reason for scum to poke their neck out like that, I don’t remember bessie being so much like that as AS last time. whole style seems to confirm this. lean town

superjedi: tried to make a read list, fair enough. content but not a lot of meaningful content. the sort of thing I’d do tbh. Really don’t think there are any signs either way. neutral

the worst: started with a random vote and questioning Morgan. generally curious. no real signs here either, neutral

Morgan: omg Morgan has a lot of posts. Started with doubting Wisp being scum, upon which Wisp said he had had this play style as scum. Thinks Seven had a bad entrance but that feels like culture clash. Really hard to say for sure but I’ll give a few town points for not staying under the radar

Wisp: SEVENTY-NINE POSTS. what the. I don’t know how to summarize this but there’s certainly some content. I don’tnknow if this is normal based on his meta?

Sabrar: Seven is suspicious of him, interestingly enough. He feels fairly honest to me but slightly under the radar. I would say lean town but I’ll do a neutral just bc of seven.

MathBlade: a more active player and honest feeling. vague town lean.

alright, nothing to go on, this is expected for D1

question is which yeet would give the most info. Jedi wagon doesn’t make sense to me. Any other ideas?
That's my slot's ideas, is good to see the thoughts of a villager!

Thanks for sharing this post sir, I hope we can play together in a future game :mrgreen: @patzer

On the above, i bolded the TRs and I will try to form my own reads asap.

The fact Wisp is not obvious town by now is interesting

What's the story of that wagon on Jedi? I will take any answer as towny help, thanks!
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Why do you think Wake will never get traction before the posted anything relevant?
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

EBWOP: before they posted
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

You can iso Jedi (forum allows sort by author) and you will see it quickly for yourself..
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

@Wisp i have 2 posts on the bottom of the previous page, please give me your input for them.

And please explain your Poe.
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Sabrar wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:06 pm You can iso Jedi (forum allows sort by author) and you will see it quickly for yourself..
Thanks!
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

BTW @EVERYONE BE CAREFUL WITH USING THE SEARCH FUNCTION OR CLICKING A USERS POST HISTORY

As it will show their spoilered posts in the Gojoe thread where players post their thoughts as the game is going.
Seven (she, him, their)
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

This shouldn't happen i mean thoughts about the game shouldn't be posted elsewhere than this thread

Anyways i skimmed the Iso, it contains little infos but idk if it's wolfy
Probably everyone being more active Jedi looks like he is flying utr
I will trust my predecessor who disliked the wagon.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Wisp wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:58 pm I'm not surviving tonight anyways
I hard claim Town Home

I'm a both ways kill stopper
I stop outgoing and ingoing attacks on my target
And if I successfully stop a kill this way, I become immune to being vote the next day phase

I asked many questions, one which includes the thread being notified in the day opening, of the fact I couldn't be voted if I ever was successful.

I'll see what I can do later tonight

@Morgan
I said I wouldn't bring up dead horses, but it's crazy when I write some clean scum cases and you ignore them, and somehow execute me, but here, you somehow latch onto my read of Seven which is actually pretty light, but don't mention at all my read of Bessie which is pretty much lock town in my opinion

Again the wolf team is Wake/Seven/x

Gl GL
What are you talking about? I'm not "latching on" to anything, I just didn't feel a strong need to push Seven because I was under the impression that this is business as usual for them and I don't care enough on Day 1 to challenge it. And I'm not scumreading bessie anymore, haven't been basically since she responded to my initial push.
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:13 pm This shouldn't happen i mean thoughts about the game shouldn't be posted elsewhere than this thread
It was a tradition on the old xkcd site to have a forum where spectators could speculate about the game, also where players could post their true thoughts/vent their frustrations/etc. It is a gentlemen's agreement not to read those spoilers, the xkcd crowd takes mafia less seriously than you might be used to.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Like I'm just over here vibing and cool with killing Jedi, and you want to get up in my face because you're projecting random issues onto me.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Sabrar wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:17 pm
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:13 pm This shouldn't happen i mean thoughts about the game shouldn't be posted elsewhere than this thread
It was a tradition on the old xkcd site to have a forum where spectators could speculate about the game, also where players could post their true thoughts/vent their frustrations/etc. It is a gentlemen's agreement not to read those spoilers, the xkcd crowd takes mafia less seriously than you might be used to.
That's still a pretty bad idea, *especially* if it's possible for active players to unintentionally access those posts.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Morgan wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:20 pm
That's still a pretty bad idea, *especially* if it's possible for active players to unintentionally access those posts.
It's gone on long enough with minimal issue. To ISO players sort by author using this:
Seven (she, him, their)
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

Sorry I'm getting annoyed with the baseless attacks on me, and I was annoyed that you made that post about seven right after I said my original read was correct, which was him being a wolf for calling me out
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

Trust me I want to vibe as much as you
But I got one wolf voting me, and possibly another depending on Moody's alignment
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Seven wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:27 pm
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Morgan wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:20 pm
It's gone on long enough with minimal issue. To ISO players sort by author using this:
I got it now, that's useful

I wouldn't like to peek accidentally at the spec thread :)
xX_WakeMeUp1337_Xx

Wisp please answer me
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

That saw that idea used on Smash boards, idea is kinda nice, gives people a place to remove their frustrations, personally I never used it during, Oasis mafia? I think it was
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

Idk why I need to be obvious town honestly, it's not like anyone in this game is given me content that screams in either direction, except maybe Bessie? I'm not about to throw out random votes on reads, when I 0 knowledge in regards to how a lot of these people play
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

Sabrar wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:03 pm Why do you think Wake will never get traction before the posted anything relevant?
You aren't going to find wake or get them executed based off early content, they are quite decent at given reads regardless of alignment, so I think what they post is irrelevant