Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Game Over

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
Morgan

Re: Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Day 1

Post by Morgan »

Something something competing wagons.

I'll be at work during deadline but will try to keep half an eye on the thread.
the worst

Post by the worst »

Seven wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:50 pm
bessie wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:31 pm Welcome Seven, thank you for replacing!
You're town this time I see. There was no exclamation last time.
Why can we safely off Wisp?
Yes, as in we won't be hitting town there.
the worst wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:40 pm i have a few things I'm super curious about but most interesting by far is why is Jedi town for u?
He could be scum, there's no way to tell. This is standard Jedi play and pressure isn't going to change it. I'm surprised none of the xkcd players have pointed this out.

Catching up now.
Firstlyyyyy do you think anyone has been particularly negligent in staying silent about Jedi?

Secondlyyyyy ok why do you find my play bad
madge

Post by madge »

oh god 4 pgs, okay, more + and -

moody +
wisp +++
jedi
the worst +
morgan
seven ++
sabrar +
bessie +++
mathblade - (just voted without much other interesting commentary, this is a weak minus)

most people are posting things that are completely neutral to me except for the votes and of course i can't work out if they are voting town or scum because, y'know, nobody's flipped

bessie is my favourite player right now. very analytical. i trust her more than i trust myself. this trust will be re-eval d2

i also more generally trust seven who basically had scum immediately on starting Halloween

and wisp seems to know what they're doing.

i think those 3 are my main sheep candidates for the future, but i also don't think i will need to sheep today / have time to sheep today.

deadline is at 2am my local time so i won't be on. I will pop in about 5 hours before and update my vote if needed.
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
the worst

Post by the worst »

MathBlade wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:20 am
the worst wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:01 pm vote: SuperJedi224

Choice wagon!
Ewww

I have feelings. Like SvS?
:P
Help me bus pls. you're the best.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

Vote manipulation will be made obvious with indicators. If the numbers don't match, it's probably a typo.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

osieorb18 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:47 am Vote manipulation will be made obvious with indicators. If the numbers don't match, it's probably a typo.
As has been indicated by the fact this morning's votals have been edited to show Seven actually does have a vote. I'll take off the tinfoil hat for now, but I'm keeping it within arm's reach.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Evening catch up post.
Wisp wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:20 pm @Bessie
Poisoner 21 Town Game
Great, that game has 9,718 posts.
Thanks I’ll try to take a look at it later tonight.

SuperJedi224 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:30 pm https://tbgforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5129

I hosted the first game there but other users hosted a few other variant games in the same topic there later on, I believe I participated in most of them in some capacity
Thank you I will try to get to this too.

Sabrar wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:15 pm Vote: SuperJedi

They are here, they are ignoring questions/requests, they show no desire to help.
Interesting. SuperJedi is unhelpful, but in your opinion, is it in a malicious way, and does that make SuperJedi scum? Why not vote MathBlade, who is the only other player on whom you actually have firm scum lean?

Seven wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:50 pm
the worst wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:40 pm i have a few things I'm super curious about but most interesting by far is why is Jedi town for u?
He could be scum, there's no way to tell. This is standard Jedi play and pressure isn't going to change it. I'm surprised none of the xkcd players have pointed this out.
I vaguely remember playing one game with SuperJedi, but I don’t remember much about his gameplay but I feel it must have been about the same. Do you remember the game? He mentioned cards, but I checked and it's not Texas Hold'em.

moody7277 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:33 pm That vote of SuperJedi by Sabrar already had me feeling a little queasy about him, which is not easy to do given my usual mindset on him, but Seven is bringing up some interesting data. If by some chance Jedi does flip scum if eliminated, I would be a lot more hostile about Sabrar. Not setting it in stone as a syllogism yet.
I have reservations about Sabrar, I FoS’d him in my second post. And I am suspicious of SuperJedi. But knowing what you do of Sabrar, do you really think Sabrar lets SuperJedi post the way he has this game?

moody7277 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:52 pm
Wisp wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:38 pm So u think Sabrar just busses his partner because?
Is it your opinion that I am positing a Sabrar-Jedi scum team? Because I can tell you that is not what I am thinking at all. I still think there is an even chance they could both be town.
How do you reconcile this post with your previous post?

MathBlade wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:22 am Page 8 is disgusting and feels slimy af.
You have my interest. Can you point out everything that is slimy on page 8 and explain why?
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

so my firewall stopped liking this site
annoying

@Bessie
its Mafia Universe, that is a 21er that had max post counts, so its not even that bad compared you what MU can be honestly
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

crazy that Bessie understood my question, but it went over Moody's head
most people are posting things that are completely neutral to me except for the votes and of course i can't work out if they are voting town or scum because, y'know, nobody's flipped
ya this game is certainly on the lighter side for me, but I think you can trust that core of Bessie/Seven
though in terms of his read accuracy on me, its a bit lacking, so obviously don't trust that lol

@Moody
anyone two groupings of people can be town if want to decide to ignore logic
the question here isn't, "can Jedi be town", but rather, "Why shouldn't he die today?"

Seven's argument in regards to his meta is moot I think, funny, since nobody mentioned anything about moody's play here, until I somehow screwed up what alignment he was in Halloween mafia. Its not like Seven doesn't have a high percentage of hit or misses, with his playstyle, especially in terms of early game

I like his case on Sab though
and I think Vaimes is trending down for his response to Seven

I am probably not voting the Duck today

Sabrar/Moody/Jedi
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Sabrar wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:17 amthe worst: they might be trying to replicate a known townie-meta.
It's strange, I had this exact thought. (Did I already post this?)
Sabrar wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:12 pm Wisp: His confusion wrt moody in Halloween seems genuine and would indicate that he really re-read the game with the purpose of solving moody.
Just letting you know this is NAI. He does the same as scum. Here's an example. If anything, the fact that he didn't look to see moody's alignment shows that he wasn't really looking all that hard.
Wisp wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:09 pm Morgan is Lagoon, on MC
Oh, the dratini avatar? In that case we've played together before.
Wisp wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:31 pm Sounds like a you problem
Huh?
MathBlade wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:22 am
Seven wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:54 pm
Morgan wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:52 pm I hope you’ll have specific things to say about these xkcd players who should know better.
Are you this person? https://www.mafiacolosseum.com/members/poison.311/
Page 8 is disgusting and feels slimy af.

This is also bad don’t do this.
What are you talking about?
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

the worst wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:38 am Firstlyyyyy do you think anyone has been particularly negligent in staying silent about Jedi?

Secondlyyyyy ok why do you find my play bad
Only Sabrar, who is voting him.

I don't find your play bad, I find it underwhelming. Lacking in WIM. You're going after small targets when there's a giant Wisp in front of you.
bessie wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:57 am Do you remember the game? He mentioned cards, but I checked and it's not Texas Hold'em.
Are you sure? I think it was that game. Do you have a link to it btw?
Seven (she, him, their)
bessie

Post by bessie »

Seven wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:08 am
bessie wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:57 am Do you remember the game? He mentioned cards, but I checked and it's not Texas Hold'em.
Are you sure? I think it was that game. Do you have a link to it btw?
You are correct it is Texas Hold'em. I haven't put it together yet.
[Yes I know, I really need to get back to that project. Remind me to do it this weekend I have Thursday and Friday off.]
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

Votecount

Votee (Votes/Elimination) - Voter(s)
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

SuperJedi224 (6/8) - Morgan, Wam, madge, the worst, Sabrar, MathBlade
Suzaku (1/8) - SuperJedi224
Wisp (1/8) - moody7277
moody7277 (1/8) - Suzaku
the worst (1/8) - Seven

Not Voting (3): bessie, patzer, Wisp

Elimination Deadline is 10 AM PST on November 23rd.

Suzaku is V/LA through Tuesday.
Activity Check 1.4
MathBlade - 3
bessie - 4
Wisp - 15
moody7277 - 4
madge - 1
Wam - 1
SuperJedi224 - 3
Seven - 2
Sabrar - 2
the worst - 2
Morgan - 1

Fourth 24 hours Cutoff

Wam has been prodded.
I have replacement lined up for patzer once the new player's account is approved. As such, there will be a 24 hour extension. Later Day phases will be extremely unlikely to have extensions.
bessie

Post by bessie »

bessie wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:47 am
MathBlade wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:34 am
moody7277 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:11 pm Given how this game was advertised, I would be surprised beyond belief if there were any vanilla roles. In this More Powers paradigm, it would make sense to have a 9 town-3 scum-1 indep setup.

btw MathBlade, are you actually questioning what Madge did as mod in the Halloween game, or are you just using a quote to ping her?
I am suggesting modge/wam seems like a weird solve for this game.
Can you explain this comment, I’m not following.

And what do you think of Wam?
@MathBlade, you explained how you were reading Madge's comment here:
MathBlade wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:33 am
madge wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:40 pm me and sabrar modded the game, i sent the role pms out, guarantee you it's moody/wam scumteam bessie antisocial survivor
I read this I modded that game, [because I did] I guarantee you moody/wam are scum and Bessie is antisocial survivor.
However, you never did answer my question about Wam. What do you think of Wam? Town-lean or scum-lean? And why?

And I am anxiously awaiting your analysis of Page 8.
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

ohh thank god an extension
someone needs to renew this sites cert in the meantime lol

with no CW, nice
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

Town
Wisp

Bessie

Seven

Madge
--------------------------

Mafia

im updating this as I go
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

honestly, i can't deal with the site right now
ill be back in the morning
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Seven wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:50 pm This is standard Jedi play and pressure isn't going to change it. I'm surprised none of the xkcd players have pointed this out.
SuperJedi's name looked familiar so I checked Smashboards and couldn't find them. I had no recollection of playing with them on xkcd. If this is their standard playstyle then I'm not surprised my brain blocked it off.
Seven wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:16 pm So posting this right after shows an inconsistent mindset, and makes me think he doesn't actually care about the filler as he was trying to portray:
You don't understand the difference between the two fillers? One is looking like it's game-related content but is not moving us forward, other is oog chit-chat which we sometimes do.
Seven wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:16 pm She played with snark in her last game as scum. How is this different? Additionally, how is it different from Apex?
I'll take a look at Apex later. As I already explained I think scum!bessie would have directed a snark at a different target.
Seven wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:16 pm The bolded here doesn't feel right, especially given your bessie town read. It seems too premature.
I don't think so. I was able to identify an early scum-connection in Things I Like which could have been useful had I not died. Stating these before N1 is important.
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

bessie wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:57 am Interesting. SuperJedi is unhelpful, but in your opinion, is it in a malicious way, and does that make SuperJedi scum? Why not vote MathBlade, who is the only other player on whom you actually have firm scum lean?
I can't determine maliciousness and it doesn't make them scum necessarily. But they have a wagon, MathBlade does not and it's better for my power to vote them here.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Michelle!
Seven (she, him, their)
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

Seven wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:40 amMichelle!
???
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Wrong thread. I meant to post that in scum chat.

Town reading me isn't going to make me change my read btw.

Also @Sabrar fair enough @everything honestly. My suspicions are more or less allayed.
Seven (she, him, their)
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

im not trying to appease anyone, im just saying what I think
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

Seven wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:55 am
Sabrar wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:17 amthe worst: they might be trying to replicate a known townie-meta.
It's strange, I had this exact thought. (Did I already post this?)
Sabrar wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:12 pm Wisp: His confusion wrt moody in Halloween seems genuine and would indicate that he really re-read the game with the purpose of solving moody.
Just letting you know this is NAI. He does the same as scum. Here's an example. If anything, the fact that he didn't look to see moody's alignment shows that he wasn't really looking all that hard.
Wisp wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:09 pm Morgan is Lagoon, on MC
Oh, the dratini avatar? In that case we've played together before.
Wisp wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:31 pm Sounds like a you problem
Huh?
MathBlade wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:22 am
Seven wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:54 pm
Are you this person? https://www.mafiacolosseum.com/members/poison.311/
Page 8 is disgusting and feels slimy af.

This is also bad don’t do this.
What are you talking about?
The entirety of page 8 feels wrong like either multiple scum posting or a wrong assumption it just feels bad juju and I can’t put my finger on exactly what.
MathBlade

Post by MathBlade »

bessie wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:43 am
bessie wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:47 am
MathBlade wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:34 am

I am suggesting modge/wam seems like a weird solve for this game.
Can you explain this comment, I’m not following.

And what do you think of Wam?
@MathBlade, you explained how you were reading Madge's comment here:
MathBlade wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:33 am
madge wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:40 pm me and sabrar modded the game, i sent the role pms out, guarantee you it's moody/wam scumteam bessie antisocial survivor
I read this I modded that game, [because I did] I guarantee you moody/wam are scum and Bessie is antisocial survivor.
However, you never did answer my question about Wam. What do you think of Wam? Town-lean or scum-lean? And why?

And I am anxiously awaiting your analysis of Page 8.
I think they’re town but not because of what they’ve posted but because my PoE pool is pretty big already and nothing stands out enough beyond it to add themselves in it. So it’s more a “town because of others” than themselves.