Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Game Over

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
osieorb18

Re: Songs of Our Times Mafia Game Thread - Day 1

Post by osieorb18 »

Votecount

Votee (Votes/Elimination) - Voter(s)
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Suzaku (3/8) - MathBlade, the worst, SuperJedi224
SuperJedi224 (3/8) - Morgan, Wam, madge
Wisp (2/8) - moody7277, Seven
moody7277 (1/8) - Suzaku

Not Voting (4): bessie, patzer, Sabrar, Wisp

Elimination Deadline is 10 AM PST on November 22nd.

Suzaku is V/LA through Tuesday.
Activity Check 1.3
Wisp - 18
Morgan - 6
SuperJedi224 - 2
moody7277 - 3
madge - 4
Sabrar - 3
MathBlade - 7
bessie - 1
Wam - 1

Third 24 hours Cutoff

patzer has been prodded.
Last edited by osieorb18 on Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

That votals count is interesting. I wonder if that is supposed to look like that.
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

@Sabrar
I think Worst is fine right now, nothing has pinged me, I wouldn't vote him off as it stands, but as for a read, I don't really think I need to force one, so we can leave at, I don't think he is a good vote day 1

@Seven
hi Xivii
SuperJedi224

Post by SuperJedi224 »

moody7277 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:18 pm That votals count is interesting. I wonder if that is supposed to look like that.
That is interesting. I'm not sure either.
Wisp wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:47 am @superjedi
Do u have a town and a wolf game I can read?
The mafia topic from a year and a half ago on the tbgs should probably have at least one example of each in the games I played in but those would have been significantly different format (faster game speed & generally less talkative playerbase), or you could try to find the playing card themed one I played in on the old forum which would probably be a closer comparison for format (but I don't know if wayback has that one archived or not)

That one was a town game BTW
SuperJedi224

Post by SuperJedi224 »

Also hi Seven
the worst

Post by the worst »

vote: SuperJedi224

Choice wagon!
the worst

Post by the worst »

Wisp wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:29 pm @Sabrar
I think Worst is fine right now, nothing has pinged me, I wouldn't vote him off as it stands, but as for a read, I don't really think I need to force one, so we can leave at, I don't think he is a good vote day 1

@Seven
hi Xivii
this read is basically reciprocated but I think you're playing in a very deliberately non provocative way which has me slightly more on edge than usual

/nobody asked

I need to sleep. Will be here before deadline :) feel free to @ me for anything.
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

the worst wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:03 pm

@Seven
hi Xivii
this read is basically reciprocated but I think you're playing in a very deliberately non provocative way which has me slightly more on edge than usual

/nobody asked

I need to sleep. Will be here before deadline :) feel free to @ me for anything.
uhhm that's fair, even without many people knowing meta, it had the same affect in my last game on MU, I have shown bits and pieces of my more "aggressive" personality, but Im still trying to stay away from it, for better or worse
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Seven wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:45 am I'm sleepy and probably won't be around at the deadline, but I think we can safely off Wisp.

Vote: Wisp
Welcome.

Bad entrance, even if you’re right.
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

Morgan wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:55 pm
Seven wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:45 am I'm sleepy and probably won't be around at the deadline, but I think we can safely off Wisp.

Vote: Wisp
Welcome.

Bad entrance, even if you’re right.
How serious is the bottom half of this post, given ur read of me?
I think the entrance is bad, because I am town lol
on a more serious note, if that vote is serious, Seven is probably a wolf
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

@Sabrar, good to be playing with you again

Hi @wisp @jedi

test vote

Vote: the worst

I don't really have time to do more. I'm hoping for an extension.

My bottom at the moment would be: Wisp, Sabrar, the worst, Morgan

Wisp is kind of obv mafia tbh.
Sabrar is town reading wisp, fluffing
the worst is underwhelming. Bad votes.
Morgan doesn't seem like he's reading Bessie in good faith. He's also TRing Wisp and the interaction between the two of them is scummy.

Most likely this is the solve but I still have a couple of pages of catch-up. Probably won't be here at deadline.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

Rood, I'm not obvious :(
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Wisp: I'm seeing townie aggression and confidence, contemplating avenues that scum would less likely to do. His confusion wrt moody in Halloween seems genuine and would indicate that he really re-read the game with the purpose of solving moody. Although some posts ping me as possible power wolfing but in general I have a town-lean on him.
Thanks for the input!

@Seven: how is Wisp obv!scum? Enlighten me please.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Welcome Seven, thank you for replacing!
Why can we safely off Wisp?

moody7277 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:18 pm That votals count is interesting. I wonder if that is supposed to look like that.
Did you think of enquiring of the mod as to whether the vote count is correct? (Osie doesn’t like questions in thread so you need to enquire by pm.)

SuperJedi224 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:45 pm That is interesting. I'm not sure either.
Did it perhaps rouse your curiosity enough to ask of the mod?

SuperJedi224 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:45 pm The mafia topic from a year and a half ago on the tbgs should probably have at least one example of each in the games I played in but those would have been significantly different format (faster game speed & generally less talkative playerbase), or you could try to find the playing card themed one I played in on the old forum which would probably be a closer comparison for format (but I don't know if wayback has that one archived or not)
And for those of us that do not know what “tgbs” is, can you provide a direct link to the games and your username? You are active lurking and deliberately avoiding questions.

Wisp wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:17 pm uhhm that's fair, even without many people knowing meta, it had the same affect in my last game on MU, I have shown bits and pieces of my more "aggressive" personality, but Im still trying to stay away from it, for better or worse
Wisp can you link to this game where you changed your meta? Was it a town game?

Wisp wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:11 pm on a more serious note, if that vote is serious, Seven is probably a wolf
Why?? Because he voted for you?
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

@bessie

I am aware of Osie's policy regarding mod questions. I was waiting to see if he edited it at some point. Seven's test vote is also something to watch. If the votals are right, that would point to some N0 action as there's no way Seven would have missed not voting in the PM.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Wait a second, the deadline isn't today? I thought today was the 22nd lmao.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

No, it's tomorrow
@bessie is a Sunday on the week of thanksgiving, give me like a couple hours and I'll respond to your posts.

@Seven
Why do you think I'm just an obvious wolf? Is it the lack of vote? Or do you just like tunneling me for some odd reason
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

@Bessie
Poisoner 21 Town Game

There u go
SuperJedi224

Post by SuperJedi224 »

bessie wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:31 pm And for those of us that do not know what “tgbs” is, can you provide a direct link to the games and your username? You are active lurking and deliberately avoiding questions.
https://tbgforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5129

I hosted the first game there but other users hosted a few other variant games in the same topic there later on, I believe I participated in most of them in some capacity

Also it looks like the last game there was longer ago than I thought it was
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

@bessie
I mean I'd be lying if I said it wasn't partially, but I'm also conf bias given my role card, and I not really a fan of how he concluded I'm an obvious wolf. Not that it would anything new, since he seems to do this every game. That's why a part of me dislikes in even more.

I can tell you why he thinks it's the grouping of his entire PoE, because of our interactions, but like I'm not confident any of those is correct at this point, except maybe Morgan, for being ok with his vote on me, even tho Morgan thinks I'm townie

Saying Sabrar is just fluffing is completely disingenuous if he has read most of the game as he stated.

I interact with Morgan and Duck the way I do, because of the experiences I've had with them

Sabrars early certainly pinged me, but I like his reads as of late.
I just don't know if wolf!Seven plays trying to force group scum. I think Seven is found by how malicious his pushes are as the game goes on, and the problem is, I hate his PoE outside Morgan.
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

I already asked Osie how he would handle votes in regards to people not being able to vote or vote certain targets, and the answer was, he just wouldn't put them in the vC. which is why I had that reaction in regards to Suzaku, I don't even know what Jedi is trying to point out. Unless it's the seven vote? But like he showed the vote?so idk
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

Jedi is still a good vote, idk if I care enough to believe it might be bait from weak town. I mean his bottom 4 hasn't changed, and some of the other placements make 0 sense unless he has TMI, so idk what he is even doing
Wisp

Post by Wisp »

We aren't going to get anything more from Suzaku this day phase, so it's either we vote then over their terrible first read wall, or we dont
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Vote: SuperJedi

They are here, they are ignoring questions/requests, they show no desire to help.
the worst

Post by the worst »

Seven wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:36 pm @Sabrar, good to be playing with you again

Hi @wisp @jedi

test vote

Vote: the worst

I don't really have time to do more. I'm hoping for an extension.

My bottom at the moment would be: Wisp, Sabrar, the worst, Morgan

Wisp is kind of obv mafia tbh.
Sabrar is town reading wisp, fluffing
the worst is underwhelming. Bad votes.
Morgan doesn't seem like he's reading Bessie in good faith. He's also TRing Wisp and the interaction between the two of them is scummy.

Most likely this is the solve but I still have a couple of pages of catch-up. Probably won't be here at deadline.
i have a few things I'm super curious about but most interesting by far is why is Jedi town for u?