Gojoe Memorial Mafia Thread

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
EGW

Re: Gojoe Memorial Mafia Thread

Post by EGW »

Miller Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)

Dang it!

@Sabrar: It's alright. It's funny how Laser says I'm his dark horse, as you are mine. Going to re-read the thread to see what I missed about you and hopefully I can improve my reads from there on. I think you did well though. Geez.

@LaserGuy: :cry: Cmon man I'm so town can't you see. :3 Miss ya! Also yes you are correct, I have been posting much less than before intentionally. One, to try to let the thread breathe to improve my own reads, and two, because this was supposed to be a casual game so I didn't want to flood the game as you know, it hurts my own town brethren and I hate myself for that sometimes. Also because I was trying to just, be as efficient as I could with my posting, besides the socializing I did with J mostly.

@Madge: DANG IT. I let myself switch off of you. Dang.

@Court: Sorry about the misyeet man. Well I mean I didn't participate in it but yea. I was expecting you to fight it more but you were too lazy! I guess I'll suggest for you not to rush yourself if you're town bro. Be honest. Sorry your defeated spirit made me just feel like indy that didn't care. I get it though, I kind of had that happen to me ONCE when I was town but I was un-engaged. Oh well, it was good to see you and you were a good sport about it. Let's hope town somehow pulls this out of the bag!

@Bessie: I lay the towns hands in your hands. Wait. I mean their fate. :) I hope Somitomi comes around to having a solid grasp on the game, I hate it when he gets misyeeted when hes town for some reason.
EGW

Post by EGW »

Miller Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Sabrar being harsh on Somi. :( However, he is right though. You should try to delay your results in the day so you have a normal day with actual suspicions roaming around otherwise the day's discussion will revolve around the results. Yet, I'm glad at the same time as it gives J some room to recuperate and give his reads. I'm sorry J! Anyway this gives Sabrar the opportunity to have an initiative to bus his own buddy which I think he will do so to gain town credit. I didn't consider the miller aspect. However, I just noticed something. Cop claiming D2 gets them killed N2, but that passes on to another townie, well actually no it doesn't matter. Millerizer is still alive and millers will be growing anyway. I'm thinkin that N3, that Sabrar / Heury team should probably try to night kill their millerizer suspect. If they are at risk of being endgamed as well I mean. It's such a shame that marks don't disappear on the death of the millerizer.
madge

Post by madge »

MillerM
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
hahahaha LOL that was lucky

i literally had set Heury to be my target for toDay

i've made it bessie, she tends to live long

i realise now that my goal has to be to identify the godfather so lol hopefully not bessie because i won't know how to turn on her
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
EGW

Post by EGW »

Miller Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Loving to see Fred get more into it with my death and him re-reading. I'm glad I gave him some space. I like him, he makes me laugh too. I hope to see Fred in more games!
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

Miller Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Right now my only goal is to protect my scum partner so hopefully adding some wifom and will help them mislynch. Gonna keep town reading prince. Gonna scum read Madge but not vote her. What we need is to night kill strong town and town can kill millerizer.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Millerizer Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I think it is very unlikely town comes out with a victory on this one. For one, Sabrar is dunking on everyone. Fantastic play. His only real threat is Madge.

I also think town has made a few mistakes. I think cop probably should not have claimed on their first guilty, but rather held off and crumbed it for if they died. Since a backup would become a cop, they would know who the previous cop was (since they'd gain their role after that player was eliminated) and can look back to see who cop investigated. Claiming tells the millerizer who not to target. Having the millerizer waste an action on cop is a huge boon. In addition to cop themselves, revealing who their target was, tells millerizer whether or not they should mark the target. Lastly, if cop does claim, it's best to do so after Dawn, since doing so in this period gives millerizer a chance to change their target based on the results. In this case, Madge had initially targeted Heury. Had Somi waited to claim until after Dawn, Madge would have been stuck with that mark and would have then be forced to have to either keep Heury alive or to take the loss on one of her marks.

Currently, town and mafia both should be focused on eliminating the millerizer, rather than forcing one or the other to eliminate them. The interesting thing about this setup is the three-way transient alliances that have to be made based on the current state of the game. Heury mentioned above that mafia should aim for a strong town rather than millerizer, but I actually think millerizer is their biggest threat at this point if Heury is eliminated.

Another instance of a transient alliance that has to be made is in lylo. In such a case, town and millerizer have to work together to eliminate mafia. However, with heury being eliminated, that's not a timeline we are likely to see in this particular instance of the game.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
madge

Post by madge »

Miller Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
someone is TOTALLY going to wheedle on that slip that heury picked up where i act as though i know heury is definitely not a miller, fuuuuuuck i'm forgetful

and that someone is gonna be sabrar

i think that post was entirely for heury's partner to know to kill me ugh

bet: if i live through the night i will donate $10 AUD to the against malaria foundation
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Millerizer Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
bet: if i live through the night i will donate $10 AUD to the against malaria foundation
lmfao
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Millerizer Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
madge wrote: someone is TOTALLY going to wheedle on that slip that heury picked up where i act as though i know heury is definitely not a miller, fuuuuuuck i'm forgetful

and that someone is gonna be sabrar
Sabrar5 wrote:
somitomi wrote:@Sabrar: where is your head right now?
I have an interesting theory why Madge could be the Millerizer after all but I I think we should discuss that D3.
!!!
Seven (she, him, their)
bessie

Post by bessie »

Millerizer Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
OMG if you google "Labrador on a hill" it's cuteness overload! I'm not going to let this go to no lynch I just wanna post more dog pics. Also, end of day could be interesting. I hope Sabrar shows up.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Millerizer Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
bessie wrote:
Sabrar wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:51 am I think there is a decent chance neither of us get killed tonight. But since you ask, I saw you put me in the potential indie category, do you really think I could be Millerizer?
You seem ... more distant than usual. Kinda like how Madge seems more invested than usual.
bessie you have it! You're right there!
Seven (she, him, their)
Freddino18
Hey @Sniper can I have a role?

Post by Freddino18 »

Millerizer Mafia:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
WE ONLY KNOW FACTION???? We're fucked. For those of you reading this, I reaaaaally hope we've taken out some Millers
Old Bruce wrote:Mighty Morphine Power Ranger
Jplus wrote:Was that a response to penis or to tree?
Diana's boytoy.
Hey @Sniper can I have a sig too?
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Millerizer Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Obviously killing somitomi tonight, there is no other alternative. Also prevents Millerizer winning D3. I need bessie to stay on Prince J tomorrow, and assuming he is town I will need to get Millerizer N3 (and then get a misyeet in a 2vs1). Should be interesting but quite hard. Cop is just a high variance role.
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

Millerizer mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Bessie had it cracked. I know she has suspected Sabrar already and her questions leads me to believe she has considered Sabrar and I as a team. She just needs to trust her instincts. But don't do it. Second guess yourself! Go for prince! It's unlikely we'll pull off the win. Much more likely millerizer wins. Now to decide if I want to read spoilers or solve the game. There's not many suspects on who millerizer could be.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
madge

Post by madge »

Miller Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I can't beleive I lived. As promised: https://www.againstmalaria.com/MyNets.a ... ID=1079355

Mafia, why didn;t you try to kill your millerpick????

Sabrar can't possibly be mafia unless he thinks he can vote me off...

My plan is to hope that Bessie will vote J with me, as the only two non-millers are Sabrar and J
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Miller Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Man, I opened the forum this morning, had no PM notification and knew immediately that I was dead. I copped Prince J based on the reasoning that millerizer would not target someone who was kind of on the chopping block for D3 in advance. Good thing I voiced my paranoia about that yesterday.
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

somitomi wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:10 pm Miller Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Man, I opened the forum this morning, had no PM notification and knew immediately that I was dead. I copped Prince J based on the reasoning that millerizer would not target someone who was kind of on the chopping block for D3 in advance. Good thing I voiced my paranoia about that yesterday.
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
gg somi, thank you for playing!
Seven (she, him, their)
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Miller Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
@Seven: Can you tell me what result I would've gotten on Prince?
Pending that, I'm getting a hunch from D2 stuff that bessie is the other mafia. I have no idea about the milleriser.
I also just noticed my D2 opening vote on Heury was never counted.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

somitomi wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:15 am Miller Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
@Seven: Can you tell me what result I would've gotten on Prince?
Pending that, I'm getting a hunch from D2 stuff that bessie is the other mafia. I have no idea about the milleriser.
I also just noticed my D2 opening vote on Heury was never counted.
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Oh man I totally missed that, I’m sorry.

Your result on Prince J would have been “not guilty”.
Seven (she, him, their)
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Seven wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:48 pm
Spoiler (Show/Hide)

Miller Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I had the entire day to notice, no worries.

I actually just realised my cop power can't find the other mafia :oops: Although with the milleriser having had three opportunities, there's a good chance all of town is millers now, meaning Prince is either the godfather or the milleriser. He's done so little it's hard to tell which it is, maybe being milleriser would explain his apparent disinterest in the proceedings of the day.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

somitomi wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:27 pm
Seven wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:48 pm
Spoiler (Show/Hide)

Miller Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I had the entire day to notice, no worries.

I actually just realised my cop power can't find the other mafia :oops: Although with the milleriser having had three opportunities, there's a good chance all of town is millers now, meaning Prince is either the godfather or the milleriser. He's done so little it's hard to tell which it is, maybe being milleriser would explain his apparent disinterest in the proceedings of the day.
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
It can! Once Hitman is gone, Godfather converts to Hitman.
Seven (she, him, their)
EGW

Post by EGW »

Millerizer Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Actually Sabrar re-voted so I think there was no miscount. So Somi did indeed hammer. Fred seemed to realize that though. Also I'm not going to change my posting style. I do try to limit myself, that was me this game, and I think LaserGuy noticed that. However I do catch up posts with a wall, but that's about it.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Seven wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:43 am
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
It can! Once Hitman is gone, Godfather converts to Hitman.
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Oh, I thought they'd just gain the ability to do the kill. In that case I was at least right about Prince not being mafia and there's a good chance I found the milleriser. Damn, that'd be real useful for town rignt now
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Miller
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Wow, those reads from Fred. He's very sharp.

I really like the balance on this setup, at least to all appearances everyone is in with a shot.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

LaserGuy wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:57 pm Miller
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Wow, those reads from Fred. He's very sharp.

I really like the balance on this setup, at least to all appearances everyone is in with a shot.
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Does this mean you are no longer spoiler free? Hoping Mak doesn't need replacement too!!!

Yeah Fred has been fantastic. I'm incredibly impressed. Hope he sticks around for future games!

And thank you! I started thinking about the concept seven years ago, and am just now getting to run it.
Seven (she, him, their)