Gojoe Memorial Mafia Thread

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
madge

Re: Gojoe Memorial Mafia Thread

Post by madge »

PYP Pizzazz
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Wam wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:33 am My theory that I have been thinking about is that madge set it up so day 1 wasnt really day 1 it was a sort of day 0 .
Yes, because I was the one who had town gleefully vote off the mod (making it functionally a no-elim except as it applies to the worst's wincon) :roll:

I was also the one who forced Heury to kill sabrar. Actual quote from discord:
HeuryAlone — Today at 9:24 AM
NK sabrar.

Madge — Today at 9:25 AM
Sabrar is not on the player list, I can still NK him if you would like.

HeuryAlone — Today at 9:29 AM
Yes please
Part of the pizzazz ethos is to let the players do anything they want within reason, so sure, they can kill players that aren't playing as town and/or scum and thus doom themselves to a sub-optimal no-elim. See if I care...

Setup-wise Jimbob was right on the money which is spoopy. I got the alternating serial killers and all the neighbours from a setup on mafiascum.

That said, jimbob got a guilty result on somitomi (actually, got somi's wincon, which is an SK wincon but might not be scary enough? I think it is: "You win when all other players are eliminated or nothing can be done to prevent this")
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
jimbobmacdoodle

Post by jimbobmacdoodle »

Pizzazz Mafia:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
My SK theory is coming from the fact that somitomi has a win con of winning if everyone else is dead - I used a colour cop on him which depending on the colour they chose gives me their regular win con or their pizzazz win con. This win con only makes sense as a win con for such a role or some similar variation.

I chose somitomi because he and I are Neighbours and I hoped to turn it into a de facto mason group.
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

Pizzazz Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I am an SK. What if there is no Mafia? What if there is another SK with an even night shot while I have odd night shot? My actual pizzazz wincon if to guess correctly what day the game will end which I guessed DE, so my shot on Sabrar was to ensure the game didn't end too quickly. Also sabrar tends to read me well when I am a third party role.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
bessie

Post by bessie »

Pizzazz Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Sabrar, you should have played.
madge

Post by madge »

Pizzazz
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I *was* going to call the deadline on time but I think it's more FUN if I call it 2 hours later as originally extended, I'm hoping for some mad scrambling, but IDK who is online because I don't understand time zones
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

PIZZAZZ MAFIA
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Dammit, now I don't get to use my kill tonight. I guess Wam was some kind of vengeful? Or he needs to know the role name of the target for the vig shot to work? Either way it's a bit confusing. Why did he tip his hand by mentioning a certain captain in his claim? Was he trying to make me give myself away? I don't think I did and yet he knows my role anyway, so it seems like he has a rolecop too? Why did he die too?
I hope the game doesn't end while I'm dead.

I forgot to mention that my secondary win condition is to eliminate everyone, who defected.
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
Wam

Post by Wam »

Pizzazz mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I'm sometimes a lucky person and sometime in mafia I make gut assumptions that pay off but I think this one takes the biscuit!

Basically wikipedia said pirx was originally written in polish so odds were it was a European who picked it. I went fishing with my captain comment but didn't really get anything. Decided jimbobs powers didnt fit so went with my gut of somi.

jimbobmacdoodle

Pizzazz Mafia:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
So I've gained neighbour chat with heury, which was a surprise. I'm treating it similar to the chat I had with somi, and have decided to target him for the cop ability. I'd actually planned to do that anyway, since heury's claim of target versus his pizzazz claim was a little odd. Alternative targets and why not:
The worst and BoomFrog supposedly cleared each other. I reckon any Mafia kill goes there, which should confirm the other.
Bessie seemed nailed on for a militant atheist pizzazz role, so I figured there'd be no benefit of she had picked a cold colour.
I've given heury a breadcrumb code so I can disclose my result to him, or lie, if I need to remain safe. Will decide in the morning.
madge

Post by madge »

Pizzazz
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
(I for one am glad Wam is dead because I don't need to keep track of how many claims there are anymore for his win condition.)

I think town has this: Heury has a scum result now, and while somi can resurrect forever, Town just needs to vote him off tomorrow and win which I think they're likely to do.
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Pizzazz:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I just love bessie's response to my eulogy request. :lol:
madge

Post by madge »

Pizzazz
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
also i've decided the next person to post in-thread gets a one-day double-voting power, just for some PIZZAZZ

also @sabrar i was mean to boomfrog and because the role text says you can ask a question about the night a corpse died i was like "yep you asked a question and the corpse says nothing" and then covered you in an extra colour of glitter
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

PIZZAZZ MAFIA
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I'm starting to realise claiming survivor in the neighbour chat might not have been the best idea, because claiming survivor is never a good idea, but now I gotta roll with it.
madge

Post by madge »

Pizzazz (boomfrog may read)
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
boomfrog wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:15 pm I'd ask madge for clarification but I doubt she even has the mental capacity to understand my question.
almost did a spit take on my hot chocolate. god, i'm so glad i put in a post restriction for the suck ups to insult me, it's been hilarious

Last edited by madge on Tue May 10, 2022 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Pizzazz Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I think towns got this locked up. I'm guessing 2nd scum is somi. My result is on Heury. I'm really glad that I've got a town result in The Worst because this would be so sketchy otherwise.

But, I want to try and get my 2nd win which requires all the "Compliment" people to die. I think that is me, The Worst and Heury since we all have the Suck Up curse. So I'm trying to make sure people know the worst is confirmed town and a cop so that he gets night killed. But he gets to give us one more result actually.

Alternative is I'm killed toNight in an attempt to block the result from going to a trusted source. In that case hopefully the worst might find the last scum before dying but I'm almost certain to get at least one win.

So I'm taking The Worst off my resurrection list. Risky for the town win but a good shot for the pizzazz. Ohh, maybe I should let slip that I used my one shot doctor. That might encourage scum to assume there is no doctor.

Or do I just tell scum out loud that I'm the doctor but won't protect the worst..?

Hmm...
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

@Madge Pizzazz Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Has the requirement to insult you had any actual effect on your self esteem?
madge

Post by madge »

boomfrog wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:46 pm @Madge Pizzazz Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Hahahaha, check out the spoiler before yours (it's been edited to say you may read it now)
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

madge wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:51 pm
boomfrog wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:46 pm @Madge Pizzazz Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Hahahaha, check out the spoiler before yours (it's been edited to say you may read it now)
Pizzazz
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Honestly, it's been pretty fun to have carte blanche to dunk on someone.
heuristically_alone

Pizzazz
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I've been found out it seems. Though they probably think I have a scum partner, though I'm fairly certain there are 2 SKs. Maybe one of us has night kill odd night and one of us even night. Not sure why no one died last night. I bet Bessie withheld the shot in case she was investigated and assumed someone else had a night kill as well. What's even sadder is that because I survive one death, the game can't end D3 with me losing.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
heuristically_alone

Pizzazz
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
It is seeming most likely that somi and I are both SK who can survive 1 death. The biggest lie Madge told was that the game could end after 1 day. That may make Bessie town in that case. Best on the lack of night kills I'm fairly certain Somi has night kills on days I don't. Wish I had neighbor chat with somi right now.
----
he/him/they
bessie

Post by bessie »

Pizzazz Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I'm here, did everyone miss me me me?? Sorry for neglecting you, Gojoe thread, but I had a very busy week at work, and I also fell down last week and was in a lot of pain for about 5 days. And because I was so busy at work and my manager was off, I couldn't stay home and recover.

So everything in my posts so far is completely true. I think we probably have 3-4 indies and 3-4 town, and no mafia. I'm just trying to figure out if the worst is scum because his focus on me does not make sense for a townie. My read is scum, but he would likely be scum with BoomFrog, and that would leave me and jimbob as the only town, and I don't think that would work out even for a Madge setup. Because I have a non-power. I have no night actions and have received no night results, so no one has sent me anything.

BoomFrog was on line a few minutes ago and he left without posting. I would suspect him, but that would be too many scum since somitomi has already let on that he doesn't have the town win condition, and heury is probably non-town (by his content, not just by jimbob's claim).

And yes, I do already have one win. But you already know that, don't you?
jimbobmacdoodle

Pizzazz Mafia:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I genuinely don't know whether to trust my result on somi or not. I'm particularly confused by the complete lack of any kills so far (excluding potentially Sabrar). I also have no idea how to get my pizzazz win con, what with it being quite vague!
bessie

Post by bessie »

Pizzazz Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Sabrar do you miss me me me?
heuristically_alone

Pizzazz
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Apologies Bessie. I've lost the game and I feel like my only hope of redeeming myself is go after a player others are suspicious of. Sorry if you're town.
----
he/him/they
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

PIZZAZZ MAFIA
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I just had the seed of the most epicly pizzazz plan forming in my head, but it involved self-targeting and I can't do that. Damn you, madge. On reflection, killing myself to resurrect later (and to spend the day sitting back and reading the speculations about my death) may not be such a great idea, but it would've been sooooo fun.
madge

Post by madge »

Pizzazz
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
oh god, the alternating SKs are going tomean we're not going to have a single legit NK this whole bloody game. Heury rezzes tomorrow morning.

This game is an absolute clusterfuck and i'm not even slightly sorry because any fool could've seen this coming