Gojoe Memorial Mafia Thread

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
jimbobmacdoodle

Re: Gojoe Memorial Mafia Thread

Post by jimbobmacdoodle »

Seven wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:52 pm Oh I see it now, I spent a good few minutes looking for it earlier and thought I just imagined it. But I thought the last Gojoe thread was also a general social thread.
The last Gojoe thread was in a subforum, along with all the Mafia games. It included general some social discussion amongst Mafia players, but not typically about other parts of the forum.
jimbobmacdoodle

Halloween 2021:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
It's quite frustrating being dead, but feeling like you're still part of the game (due to not being perma-dead yet), especially when there are some blindingly obvious things to me that nobody in-thread has noticed/thought to ask etc.

1) Why not ask the mods the abilities of JOAT? I have this vague idea that Sabrar uses a standard JOAT taken from one of the Mafia wiki pages, which tend to have only 4 or so limited abilities. I very much doubt BoomFrog had access to a PGO as part of that ability. More likely, it was 4 or so from the list Doctor/Cop/Tracker/Watcher/Vig/Roleblocker.

2) Seven is 80% certain to be the Survivor, with the other 20% either Town or possibly (but very unlikely) Cult who got recruited when they were rezzed, with patzer as the Cult Leader in this case. It simply seems way too overpowered for Mafia to have an additional NK as well as a self-rez, let alone it being super-charged the way it was. After being voted off D1, they knew they needed to do enough to stop being auto-voted off D2, hence the attempts to push townie content. They also knew they were fairly safe from a Mafia NK, due to their scummy appearance. Their kill may have been a genuine attempt to hit scum, or just a pretty much random shot. I don't think it's alignment indicative.

3) Assuming Seven is the Survivor, it's a bad idea to vote her off again at this point. Worst case, it's currently 4-2-1-1 (or possibly even 3-2-2-1 if Suzaku has been recruited). Voting off Seven means the NK can go after town safely, leaving us at 2-2-1-0 or even 1-2-2. If Seven is Town, it becomes even worse (potentially leaving us at 1-2-1-1 or 0-2-2-1. Neither scenario looks good for Town. At best, it's 3-2-1-0, assuming somitomi gets another rez off, and resurrects town (presumably me, but maybe patzer) or 2-2-1-1. On the other hand, we leave Seven alive, and manage to hit one of the scum players, it looks much better. Best case is that Seven is Survivor, and there's only 1 Mafia left (because patzer is Mafia). In this case, we may be safe voting off Seven, but I don't see this case as likely.

More thoughts another time.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Halloween 2021
:!:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Wow, seven has got Moody and wam figured out. But honestly he's got almost zero credit. I think this might be a side effect of night only chat, Moody and wam made a plan to go after 7en D3 and came out of the gate too strong instead of playing it cool and confused like a townie.

Bessie might actual listen to 7en, kudos to her for fighting past the blinders of thinking you've found scum. LG and Suzaku aren't taking her seriously, they've still got blinders on. But wam has crumbled under the pressure and started bussing! We'll see how this goes, but I think if wam had stayed strong here 7en would be eliminated and people would forget her case D4.
Wam

Post by Wam »

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
so I am going somewhere with my moody vote. I'm testing if seven is bussing moody as a partner. I know he isn't but I think I can sell a seven moody team. Then back off moody when seven flips non mafia.

I'm certain seven is survivor, I wonder if snide is a cult recruit doing a gambit and got it wrong?

Also going to do some back pedalling if I can. Probably did have a very strong seven=scum mindset when i wrote that seven case. Will be angry with myself if that post is the one that ruins the game for mafia.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Halloween 2021
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Ha! Nice plan wam. Well that makes more sense then "wam crumbled under pressure". Wishful thinking on my part. Still will be interesting to see how this plays out. Wam's plan is logical from a town wam perspective but it still will get people looking more seriously at Moody as scum.
jimbobmacdoodle

Halloween 2021:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I wonder if BoomFrog or patzer are getting as frustrated as I am with sitting on the sidelines?
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Halloween 2021
@JimBob, he may read.
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Nah. I'm 100% out so now I know all the secrets.
Wam

Post by Wam »

Halloween

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I forgot how paranoid it is having the gone posts and wondering what people are saying.

Also where is everyone! I'm getting impatient!
bessie

Post by bessie »

Halloween 2021

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I am so busy I have a new job that is why I haven't been posting much and why I haven't posted here.

@Sabrar how am I doing?
jimbobmacdoodle

Halloween 2021 @mods/non-players:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
If LaserGuy's vote is supposed to be a double vote, I think that's actually hammer, given the last votals I saw was Suzaku saying E-2. I'd post myself, but as there's a chance I'm still in the game, I don't want to risk somebody inferring knowledge/lack of knowledge by asking LaserGuy about that.

@BoomFrog/Sabrar/Madge/someone else spectating, needs to check?

Scratch that, misremembered the votals.
madge

Post by madge »

Also in case anyone was wondering I'm afk because I'm in a play, this was planned. Sabrar made it sound vague and I don't want people to worry!

(it's nightly until Sunday but I have like 6 hours to myself when I set Night to start so I'm prepared dw. Opening in 2.5h!)
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
madge

Post by madge »

So I am CONSTANTLY on my phone as I'm not in many scenes but can't do anything that requires finesse
Wam

Post by Wam »

@madge did wonder, break a leg!
madge

Post by madge »

The play is in French so the traditional thing to say is "merde" 😉

Posting from backstage. My scenes went well!
jimbobmacdoodle

Halloween 2021:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Jimbob's Logic(TM):
LaserGuy: mod-confirmed double vote. Claimed non-mafia by patzer N1 cop result.
Double vote unlikely in hands of cult leader or Mafia, as could cause end game with no warning for Town (if LaserGuy had withheld their vote), unless limited to specific Days. If not Cult Leader, not Cult: wasn't recruited N1 (mod totals say cult size 1 and kill before recruit) or N2 (same logic), and not eligible for rez-recruit (never died).
Conclusion: likely town or Survivor

Seven: self rezzer with 1(?) shot super kill. Voted off D1, rezzed D2. Claimed killed BoomFrog N2. Not N1 night recruit (was dead). Not N2 night recruit (kills come before recruit, so D3 cult total rules out CL with cultist alive). Only possible case for cultist!Seven if patzer recruited via rez D2. Personal opinion: Mafia unlikely to have secret additional kill, as could lead to surprise endgame, so not Mafia, unless I was not Mafia!NK (but flavour says I likely was).
Conclusion: Seven is likely Survivor or Town

somitomi: claimed targeted rezzer. TSS has claimed town result on them (ignored for this logic).
Survivor unlikely as ability isn't useful for them. Mafia somewhat unlikely, but not impossible (used for obfuscation). Cult leader: only if resurrection includes recruitment. Somitomi isn't lying as CL or Survivor, as it puts a target on them and leads to counter claim. I also don't think somitomi is likely to claim truthfully as either for the same reasoning. Somitomi isn't lying Mafia, because it's they'd have been counterclaimed. Somitomi isn't non-CL cultist for the same reasoning as others.
Conclusion: somitomi is likely town, with outside chance of Mafia. I don't get the current wagon on him.

Suzaku: killed N1 (presumably Mafia NK). Rezzed D3 (claimed by somitomi).
Can't be Cult Leader (D2 start count showed there was Cult, but Suzaku was killed before any possible recruitment). Probably not Mafia, since this would require a redirection or unclaimed PGO or similar). Could be recruited Cult iff somitomi is Cult Leader and recruits via rezzing.
Conclusion: Suzaku is either Town, Survivor, or just-recruited Cultist.

wam, bessie & moody: (same logic applies for all of them)
No specific claims/night results involving them. Can't be recruited recruited Cultist, since only one Cult member at start of Day.
Conclusion: Could be Town, Mafia, Survivor or Cult Leader.

The Snide Sniper: claimed faction cop, town somitomi N1 and Seven Mafia.
Same logic as the four above. I don't see patzer and TSS both being Town and sane. I don't see Survivor having the claimed role or faking a claim, ditto Cult Leader.
Conclusion: Could be Mafia or Town.

patzer: D2 vote elimination. Claimed cop, with LaserGuy non-town.
Can't be Cult Leader due to cult count, unless they recruited Seven via resurrection (fairly unlikely). Can't be recruited Cultist, due to D2 recruit count. Claiming cop seems unlikely for Survivor, due to risk of counter-claim. Could be Mafia, who attempted to draw out a town!Cop by claiming.
Conclusion: Town, or maybe Mafia. Unlikely (but possible) to be Survivor or Cult Leader.

Summary:
Likely Survivor candidates: wam, bessie, moody, Seven, Suzaku, LaserGuy
Likely Mafia candidates: wam, bessie, moody, TSS, patzer
Likely Cult Leader candidates: wam, bessie, moody

Given my night result, I can probably rule out CL!bessie, so I'd be voting moody today.
madge

Post by madge »

Halloween 21
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Survivor!Bessie is my winner pick.

Cult is stuck, I think, because TSS isn't engaged. Sucks.

Mafia is in a strong position. Especially because of the killcruit we gave them. Really worried honestly that the killcruit would result in them winning by default.

I think Town won't be able to win this. Mafia being nervous about Survivor is their biggest concern. I'm surprised that mafia isn't realising that their reskill might be preventing the flips (i guess it hasn't been said in thread): you'd thinnk they'd want to neutralise that ASAP so they know if the survivor is dead or not.

at nightfall with Somi elim we are

2/2/1/1

jimbob res has already been submitted so we will be

3/2/1/1

mafia will kill. they're not going to kill TSS; they're going to kill suzaku or laserguy as conftown. maybe bessie if worried about a doc or similar.

2/2/1/1

it's going to come down to mafia scumhunting. they can't win without getting rid of cult and survivor. this will give town the crack to find them.

it'll be interesting to see what they chat about. they need to get scumhunting.

ALSO, I think we can start flipping everyone soon!

i don't want to mass flip because there will be a circumstance in which people won't flip and i don't want it to be obvious, but i want to start.

i will tell dead players they can read spoilers as long as they're not obvious about it though. but once day starts as it is not 100% confirmed that this will be the case (yet)
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Halloween Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Dammit, I hate myself for doing this to everyone, but after that Seven post I kinda lost steam again and then the end of the week was way busier than expected so I lost that chance to catch up with myself.
I'm gonna kill Seven though.
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Halloween @Madge:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
As much as I want company in the spectator chat I really caution against letting people read spoilers when they aren't officially perma-elimed in game. Those things should be 100% tied together.

Also no flips is better for the mafia, it doesn't change their strategy much whether they can confirm survivor is out or not. But it does greatly muddy the waters. The lack of flips is greatly hurting town unity.
patzer

Post by patzer »

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Well, this game is increasingly taking a turn for the nonsensical. The random shifts (somitomi?) can only make me think the mafia is being very good at directing the mob in the direction they want. How Seven is still in, I have no idea. Good luck, it's not looking promising.
madge

Post by madge »

boomfrog wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:28 pm Halloween @Madge:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
As much as I want company in the spectator chat I really caution against letting people read spoilers when they aren't officially perma-elimed in game. Those things should be 100% tied together.

Also no flips is better for the mafia, it doesn't change their strategy much whether they can confirm survivor is out or not. But it does greatly muddy the waters. The lack of flips is greatly hurting town unity.
Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Yeah. We're going to start flipping assuming that the night actions don't change. Patzer noon D4 when jimbob rezzes and somi D5 morning or noon depending.

Basically flips will be one Day behind until [undisclosed event] happens
madge

Post by madge »

madge wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:00 am Halloween 21
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Survivor!Bessie is my winner pick.
Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I am eating these words.

Mafia has this. Shocked, honestly. They elim cult with moody doing some sort of wild claim (he has a rolecop result on the CL that is almost certainly conclusive) and if he dies no problem because they killcruit.

currently

3/2/1

at noon we get

4/2/1

elim zenni

4/2/0

moody's luck runs out (not guaranteed but depends on how his claim goes)

3/1/0

mislim

2/1/0

killcruit

1/1/0 becomes 1/2/0 at noon and mafia wins.

would suck for the townie to become mafia at the very end of the game and get a completely unworked for win, though!
madge

Post by madge »

Seven wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:14 am Also Madge I literally bawled at that la Sergei convo
Thanks! Because it was funny or was it somehow sad?

I got the restaurant name "Binkley's" and "Killer Whale Sex Club" from a list of the fanciest restaurants in Phoenix, AZ.

It's been so much fun to write this ridiculous social media saturated story. I forgot how much I missed it!
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Bawled of laughter! That's a saying right :??
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
jimbobmacdoodle

Halloween 2021:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Jimbob's Logic(TM), updated given N3 results/the fact that I'm being rezzed/fixing typos etc:
bessie: confirmed Anti-Social Survivor Cyronicist based on flip.

BoomFrog: confirmed Town JOAT based on flip.

LaserGuy: mod-confirmed double vote. Claimed non-mafia by patzer N1 cop result.
Double vote unlikely in hands of Cult Leader or Mafia, as could cause end game with no warning for Town (if LaserGuy had withheld their vote), unless limited to specific Days (latest claim suggests this is unlikely). If not Cult Leader, not Cult: wasn't recruited N1 (mod totals say cult size 1 at day start and kill before recruit) or N2 (same logic) or N3 (same logic), and not eligible for rez-recruit (never died).
Conclusion: likely town

Seven: claimed self rezzer with 1(?) shot super kill. TSS/Zenii claimed N2 and N3 mafia results on them.
Voted off D1, rezzed D2. Claimed killed BoomFrog N2. Not N1 night recruit (was dead). Not N2 night recruit (kills come before recruit, so D3 cult total rules out CL with cultist alive), or N3 recruit (same logic). Only possible case for cultist!Seven if patzer (or I) recruited via rez D2. Personal opinion: Mafia unlikely to have secret additional kill, as could lead to surprise endgame, so not Mafia.
Conclusion: Seven is likely Town or possibly recruited Cultist.

somitomi: claimed targeted rezzer. TSS has claimed town result on them (ignored for this logic).
Mafia somewhat unlikely, but not impossible (rez used for obfuscation). Cult leader: only if resurrection includes recruitment (in this case Suzaku must be Cultist). Otherwise, ruled out by day start figures. I don't think somitomi is likely to claim truthfully as the CL, as it puts a target on them (mafia presumably don't want resurrections). Somitomi isn't lying Mafia, because they'd have been counterclaimed. Somitomi isn't non-CL cultist for the same reasoning as others.
Conclusion: somitomi is likely town, with outside chance of Mafia or cult leader.

Suzaku: killed N1 (presumably Mafia NK). Rezzed D3 (claimed by somitomi).
Can't be Cult Leader (D2 start count showed there was Cult, but Suzaku was killed before any possible recruitment). Probably not Mafia, since this would require a redirection or unclaimed PGO or similar(assuming they were Mafia NK). Could be recruited Cult iff somitomi is Cult Leader and recruits via rezzing. Otherwise, same logic for not recruited LaserGuy applies.
Conclusion: Suzaku is either Town, or D2 recruited Cultist.

wam & moody: (same logic applies for both of them)
No specific claims/night results involving them. Can't be recruited Cultist, since only one Cult member at start of Day (same logic as LaserGuy).
Conclusion: Could be Town, Mafia or Cult Leader.

The Snide Sniper/Zenii: claimed faction cop, town somitomi N1 and Seven Mafia N2 and N3.
Same logic as wam/moody above mostly. I don't see patzer and TSS both being Town and sane. I don't see Cult Leader claiming cop, since it risks the Mafia NK.
Conclusion: Could be Mafia or Town.

patzer: D2 vote elimination. Claimed cop, with LaserGuy non-mafia (N1 result).
Can't be Cult Leader due to cult count, unless they recruited Seven via resurrection (fairly unlikely, but not impossible). Can't be recruited Cultist, due to D2 recruit count. Could be Mafia, who attempted to draw out a town!Cop by claiming.
Conclusion: Town, or maybe Mafia. Unlikely (but possible) to be Cult Leader.

For completeness - me: Can't be N1 cult recruit (same logic as others), or N2 recruit (night killed), or N3 recruit (dead). Could be D4 rez-via resurrection recruit. Can't be Mafia buddies with patzer or somitomi (due to bessie kill N3 whilst I was dead). Can be Cult Leader iff I recruited Seven via rez D2.
Conclusion: could be town, Mafia, D4 cult recruit, Cult Leader

Summary:
Survivor: bessie
Likely Mafia candidates: wam, moody, TSS, patzer, me, possibly somitomi
Likely Cult Leader candidates: wam, moody
Unlikely, but possible CL candidates: patzer, somitomi
Possible recruited cultists: Seven (iff patzer or I CL), somitomi (iff somitomi CL), me
jimbobmacdoodle

Halloween 2021:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I realised that I was making an assumption that the kill claimed by Seven was not the faction kill. I don't know what Bessie's role was exactly, but if it somehow resulted in my death (possibly tied to my resurrection too), it could be that Seven was taking the opportunity of the additional kill to try to claim town points. In this situation, he could have the ability to make it a super kill, hence BoomFrog's perma-death. This would also explain Bessie's perma-death.

Will be interesting to see if we get more flips once my resurrection happens. That might explain Bessie's flip, although that doesn't explain why patzer and somi didn't flip at the same time.