Gojoe Memorial Mafia Thread

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
madge

Re: Gojoe Memorial Mafia Thread

Post by madge »

I just want the players to know that I literally got so ninja'd with my day-end post that I posted the wrong death (no flip though because i r smort) and then had to do a recount and post *that* and then got a couple of numbers wrong in the votals so had to edit it like 17 times. i thought this deadline time was meant to be horrible for you lot???
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Halloween 2022
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
lol doctor party, i had a feeling

also sorry somi. after you finally rolled town too
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Hallowe'en
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
That was pretty terrible, I'm very lucky to have survived D1. Played very poorly and definitely deserved to get cut. Elimination was not bad all things considered. Field is pretty open. Game may be very high power which may make it nearly unwinnable, but w/e.

Targeting BoomFrog tonight.

Oh yeah, I'm a serial killer.

Also, somitomi's role is super close to my safeclaim which is a little weird. Supposedly I'm a super doctor who rolestops + protects non-aligned players which seems absurdly powerful. Haven't decided what I actually want to claim. Rolestop is a super sketchy safeclaim because it's very easy to disprove.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Halloween 2022
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
First of all, flavor is on point. Thank you Madge and Sabrar for running this.

Now... who to kill, who to kill...

Heury is the most obv town and will be un-missyeet-able. He also has a tendency to suspect me and he sticks to his guns and is not easily bamboozled by shenanigans.
LaserGuy is probably the most dangerous scum hunter for me, and has a lot of townie cred.
Seven is 2nd most likely to catch me but is also never above suspicion.
Bessie is a decent miss-yeet chance.
Wam is always a decent miss-yeet target.

It's interesting that my safe-claim was essentially doctor, but there was also an actual doctor. I think that the stat choice mechanic must mean that a very lopsided setup is possible. (lopsided != unbalanced for the record, I just mean having 2-3 doctors in a 7 person game.) If I want to keep that as my safe-claim I should claim to have targeted Heury as they were the obvious NE target since the doctor was yeeted. Although a watcher is still possible so scum might dodge, and LG seems like the 2nd most obvious candidate. town me might protect LG, but I think Heury is plausible.

I'm a Serial Killer but got no self-protective abilities. Could be because resistance was my dump-stat, but could be because there is no mafia. Most notably, I can't see any resolution to a tie if it's me and one mafiosa left in the game. My win-con is to be last alive. Town wins if all threats eliminated AND a townie is left alive. The tie breaker could be in the mafia's wincon, so if they exist I should assume they win ties. If we double kill eachother then I lose, whether they win or not.

Would 4-2-1 be balanced? Worst case is 1-2-1 and town and I both lose no matter what. So I should try to NE mafia tonight if I can. Crap... I guess I'm claiming 1-shot vig... maybe. That's such a sus claim.

Anyway, mafia is plausible.
Seven+LaserGuy? spat over mod questions could be staged. Try-hard team for sure. If stat choice can affect alignment then they are very plausible. Their coordinated switch at the literally last minute means they had control of the yeet they whole time.
Seven+Bessie is no
Seven+wam is maybe
Seven+Heury is no
Bessie+Wam is maybe. They never voted for eachother.
Bessie+LG is no
Bessie+Heury is no
Wam+LG is no
Wam+Heury is no

Seven has 2 teams
Bessie has 1 team
wam has 2 teams
LG has 1 team

So I should NE Seven or wam.

Or witholding maybe if I'm really confident the mafia exists. If they don't NE me then it's 2-2-1 and we can vote one off then I have to NE the other mafia and hope they NE a townie. Then I win.

If I NE a mafioso N1 and the mafia NE a townie then it's 2-1-1 . If we yeet a townie I need to NE the mafia and dodge their NE, if we yeet the mafia then I NE a townie and I win. Okay yeah, that's my best scenario.

So NE Seven or wam. Mafia Seven points to mafia wam or mafia me. But I can claim the kill. (Also, Seven super deserves to get shot in the face N1 after doing that to me, but I'm going to try and not think about that too much.)

Mafia Wam points to me or Bessie or Seven. But mostly not me. So the crux is, how much do I believe the possibility of the Seven+LG team.
• Your character choice and attribute prioritisation may or may not have been used to generate your role or alignment
Ohhh... I should really NE Seven... I'm confident he put power and finesse high, although I'm not sure which he'd put highest. Probably finesse...? Is the Mafia more Finesse then a SK?

Edit: Also Halloween spoiler
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Oh, I put
Max FINESSE
Medium POWER
Min RESISTANCE
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
You are Enzo, a Town Corrupt Jailer.

You have the following active ability:
- Each Night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action all other actions targeted at that player that Night will be blocked.
- Your prisoner has bribed you, so unlike most Jailers, you do not roleblock your target.
- You may not target the same player two nights in a row.

You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Wouldn't be surprised if scum reads me as having a strong power role based on my setup specs and therefore eliminates me tonight. Boomfrog I think is another good night kill option so thinking of using my ability to protect him tonight. Hopefully it doesn't block some friendly gifts.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
madge

Post by madge »

If any players want to send me a PM submitting actions their wish to take in the flavour text (THAT ARE PURELY FLAVOUR - townies are encouraged to do scummy flavour actions if they want), tonight or any other night, they are more than welcome to. Sorry for the late notice.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Haha, this is such a troll setup. I'm pretty sure it is 5 doctors and 2 serial killers.

Edit: I know there's a second killer since mine was blocked.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Hi Sabrar!
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
bessie wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:57 pm Hi Sabrar!
Hi! I miss playing with you, hopefully next game I can join.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Ooooooh Sabrar left a spoiler about me me me. I'm soooooo excited! How am I doing Sabrar? Are Laser and I right? Do all townies have the same role? Of course Heury hasn't figured that out yet. And interestingly, neither has BoomFrog.
madge

Post by madge »

Sabrar wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:02 pm Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
bessie wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:57 pm Hi Sabrar!
Hi! I miss playing with you, hopefully next game I can join.
bessie wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:32 pm Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Ooooooh Sabrar left a spoiler about me me me. I'm soooooo excited! How am I doing Sabrar? Are Laser and I right? Do all townies have the same role? Of course Heury hasn't figured that out yet. And interestingly, neither has BoomFrog.
Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
And this is why we gave scum nice fake claims that were just as Doctor as the others (though from their spoilers at least one is considering claiming something else which could well mean death). I'm mostly posting here to impact Bessie, though... which I know she knwos and she knwos I know she knows.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Halloween 2022
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
The setup is oops all doctors!

What a perfect balance between Sabrar and Madge mod style.

So probably anyone who didn't put resistance at max became scum.

Was the original plan to make whatever the minority stat choice was into scum? Nice.
madge

Post by madge »

boomfrog wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:57 am Halloween 2022
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
The setup is oops all doctors!

What a perfect balance between Sabrar and Madge mod style.

So probably anyone who didn't put resistance at max became scum.

Was the original plan to make whatever the minority stat choice was into scum? Nice.
Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Bold of you to assume me and Sabrar started with a plan.

I just frantically googled "mafia setups 6 players" and this was one of many in a list, and here's what we ended up with. There were a couple of others that were even more FUN!!!!! but we didn't go there :( :( :(
Madge in an email to Sabrar wrote:To make the attributes mean something let's assign alignment based on it. Everyone except New Coke and The Upside Down put 'resistance' first, which will make them think that's why they got doctor...
It just worked out that everyone chose resistance. Also, we were talking about rolenames instead of playernames, I assume out of an instinct to attempt to balance things anonymously
madge

Post by madge »

Seeking a replacement for Halloween Mafia
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Hallowe'en
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I would really love to hit the other SK tonight. I will probably withhold my kill and let Town misyeet D3. If we agree to coordinate our actions today, then I should be able to work out who will be unprotected on the following day. My position is outstandingly good right now.
Wam

Post by Wam »

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
having read the setup I think it is deliciously evil. Like to think if I was more awake I would have clocked the everyone is a doctor bit. Although made harder as my role isn't called a doctor.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Hallowe'en
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Actually kind of shocked heury flipped Town. Not sure if that will completely crater my townie credit or not.

Is it... is it actually bessie? That would be kind of hilarious.

I guess I need to take a shot tonight. Ideally, I need to hit the other SK. Hmm.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I decided to read spoilers and I didn't expect this setup, it's kinda amazing. It does make scumhunting harder since the SKs are hunting too. Wonder how long Boom and LG can keep evading each other...
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
heuristically_alone

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
To be honest, complete forgot about the game today or would have participated more. I think boom frog has hit the nail on head or close to at least. If I'd posted today then I would've claimed a doctor-esque role.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
heuristically_alone

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Tell you what, just vote for me and let bessie decide who to hammer, sounds good?
This makes me suspicious of a Bessie/vicarin scum team
----
he/him/they
heuristically_alone

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
@bessie
Do all townies have the same role? Of course Heury hasn't figured that out yet. And interestingly, neither has BoomFrog.
This was actually my attempt to hint at other town doctors that I also was a doctor but unfortunately backfired. I wasn't direct enough. I'm mentally yelling at you to keep pressuring boomfrog on why he suggested 2 sk for the setup.
----
he/him/they
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
lol SK showdown
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
madge

Post by madge »

Seven wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:00 am Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
lol SK showdown
halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Town deserves it TBH

N1 3/5 doctors targeted an SK (2 boom / 1 laser)
N2 the two surviving doctors each targeted one of the SKs, saving Laserguy from being killed by Boomfrog, lol
madge

Post by madge »

very sorry for not doing flavour, i feel super guilty but that guilt was permeating into the rest of my life and amplifying the stress I was feeling from ALL THE OTHER THINGS GOING ON and I have decided to just nope out of the flavour because I know you all wouldn't want me to be freaking out about this to the extent it affects my RL.

i will do flavour for the game end post, even if it takes a week after the game ending is officially posted.
heuristically_alone

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Towns beat hope of winning was not using their abilities last night and hoping the SKs took each other out. So if town is lynched, does no one win or do the SKs tie for a win?
----
he/him/they