Gojoe Memorial Mafia Thread

What you're all really here for.
madge

Re: Gojoe Memorial Mafia Thread

Post by madge »

Secret Santa
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
okay well look

you know the post i said was eaten by m ywork computeR? it wasn't. it was, in fact, posted. just... on monday, when I thought i'd written it wednesday. so basically i suck.

i would admit to this in thread but i feel like nobody would trust me again, so let this sit as a monument to my shame
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Secret Santa
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I have never in all my games of Mafia seen someone actually follow the dead conf town's reads. Including when I literally posted, "I'll be conf town tomorrow, and I'm good at this game, and I'm sure of this read".

Madge feels very scummy and Osie is raising some eyebrows.
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

Secret Santa
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
so boomfrog was visited by myself and a cat girl. Why am I being told not a real username? Is that their role?
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
jimbobmacdoodle

Post by jimbobmacdoodle »

Secret Santa related, but not a spoiler for the ongoing game:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
madge wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:48 am yes BF was wrong about moody but IDK as scum last game sabrar was really keen on us keeping town "allies" alive. Yes people are pocketing BF but scum killing him (when there's the threat of a doc or similar) is information. we can't ignore it.
I keep reading "BF" here as "boyfriend" :lol:
ratammer
Gatekeeper

Post by ratammer »

Secret Santa but not actually a spoiler
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Was just surprised to see my name (well, my old username of flicky) in a screenshot in-thread :P
Diana, madge's ratwife, any pronouns

I'm watching the first episode of all different cartoons!

---

Ya like my gate?
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Secret Santa
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
--For the record, it was his post about reading the entrails which is where the Oracle Boomfrog tag came from.

--heury spacing out about the end of D1 filp is most likely not indicative considering how late he actually showed up to the party.

--I also got a "round present" to give out N2, so still paying attention to the game, and spoiler free to my consternation.
I wonder if it's a fruitcake, or almost spherical and hissing slightly. Will have to wait until D3 for results.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Secret Santa
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
EoD2 is a nail biter. Everyone voting on two wagons and wmu gets to decide. That's some good Mafia. Feels like one wagon must be scum.

Reads says heury+Madge is the team but gut says something is off still. Maybe Osie is scum. Or TSS.

Madge's claim is wild unless they are a protective role. Then it's only weird. But the quick and open answer feels townie.

Edit: It's concerning that wmu isn't expressing that they are stressed by this situation. Every time I've seen a townie be the final vote they are freaking out about the decision (ignoring passive/absent players). New gut read is wmu is scum. That means wmu+Osie...? Not Bessie, not TSS, not Worst, maybe Heury, not Madge.

Edit 2: okay WMU was sufficiently unnerved by the decision. Back into my good books. Hope Heury is scum.

Osie's silence at EoD is concerning though. He's so active normally, not trying to contribute to the analysis in this right situation is concerning. Although maybe he thinks both targets are scummy. I really don't like his "meh".
heuristically_alone

Secret Santa
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Really hoped I would make it through. Thinking that bessie caught on I was a watcher and def made a push to make my content look scummy. Now off to read some spoilers.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

Secret Santa
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Uggh, I just don't care much about this game any more... It's so exhausting, scum is clearly flying under the radar, and bessie's gone as far as to accuse me of cryptography now. Maybe WMU is scum? GSA suggests Madge+Sniper but I could see one of WMU or the worst controlling things. Maybe I'll do some VCA over the night phase.
madge

Post by madge »

Secret santa
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
ugh, i'm going to get voted off tomorrow because my claim is terrible.

I was trying to softclaim something useful (the fact I didn't consider voting osie gives me a cop vibe at least?? maybe?) but nope scum won't kill me because i'm bad at this game

@wam: it's not your fault day was shorter or whatever, it's my fault for not looking at the deadline until less than 24 hours before EOD. i'm planning on putting the deadline into my calendar so it doesn't take me by surprise next time. like, i have thursdays off, so i did have time on thursday i just assumed i also had time this morning which was wrong.
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Secret Santa
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
So it has to be Osie. The meh D2 any how his analysis didn't make sense but he's voting that way anyway was terribly scummy. Also not being present in thread to help WMU means he didn't care at all about the elimination.

There were a lot of signs D1 but I chalked them up to Osie being blinded frustration with Bessie. The frustration was real but what he did with it was a huge waste of time if he was town.

I need to not let people get victory through volume. Also I need to apply the baseline scummyness adjustment. Osie felt like "maybe scum" D1 and according to him is supposed to be an amazing townie so "maybe scum" should have put him low on the list.

Oh well.
Last edited by boomfrog on Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
heuristically_alone

Secret Santa
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Didnt realize that there were roles that could talk to dead. At least I only read spoilers on this page before wam told me. Really don't know too many people's alignments. Nice to know I was right about the people on this page at least.
----
he/him/they
jimbobmacdoodle

Post by jimbobmacdoodle »

Secret Santa:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Called it. Well, assuming Osie is Town. Didn't think heury was scum either. My money is on The Worst and Madge? Need to do team analysis to actually see if that makes sense.

P.S. If Madge is scum, her attempts at starting a new meta really aren't going well for her!
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

Secret Santa:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I'm guessing that either Bessie or Moody had the role I submitted. I didn't get to see anything from it. Oh well.

It's a shame that scum killed Bessie so soon after she had started to be more civil. I'm pretty sure the fact that Boom and Bessie were the kills points to Madge though.

My WIM for this game isn't great; it feels like scum just kinda weren't there, but I am still slightly leaning town on Sniper which means at least one of WMU/Worst would have to be scum if that lean is correct.

I'll go back and check for theatre, but I'm hoping that we elim scum!Madge and then F3 is Sniper+Myself+(Final Scum).

We'll see.
The Snide Sniper
Site Admin

Post by The Snide Sniper »

Secret Santa:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Oh wow, the role I submitted might have just carried the mafia team. I caught bessie's killer but it just said they were a catgirl. Now the town needs to find "a catgirl" in order to find the scum.

For context, this is exactly how I was hoping my "catgirl" role would play out.
If I disappear from the forum, I can still be reached via the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Secret Santa
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Who the hell makes a no spoiler reading role???? :evil:
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Secret Santa
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Well, at least my super paranoid theory of an Osie/Bessie scum team having a violently public spat in order to hide in the spotlight was disproven. Gave the round present to WMU. We'll see what it does when she comes on.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

SS
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
@Snide that's a neat role! I think I'm going to steal it in future games
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

SS
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
This has been quite a bulldozing by the scum team. I think they mostly have this locked. I do think Madge may possibly be a magic wild card here though. Despite the insistence otherwise, I think her instincts are crazy good. Now that bessie has flipped town and Snide doesn't think Madge is scum from having visited Osie, there's a good chance they'll form a voting pair and it will all come down to the last townie.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

Secret Santa
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Hmm. I'm waiting for some kind of sign of life... WMU and the worst both look good, so maybe I'm just spot on the money on Madge+Sniper.

I feel like bessie had one specific way that she expected people to play so because of me not fitting into that bubble by ignoring her FoS (still not sure what the basis really was for that since there really wasn't a hell of a lot to go on at that point), and because of me being the first person to question what she was doing, she lashed out.

I definitely had no intention of offense this game and I again sincerely apologize for how my posts came across. I tend to get caught up in making metaphors because linking concepts is a huge part of how I think, and I tend to not think of the metaphors as seriously as they are sometimes taken. Despite my frustration with bessie this game, I hope that it's understood that there's nothing personal for me about the game.

Anyways, we'll see how things work out. Here's to hoping that I'm right and Madge+Sniper are the scum team.
heuristically_alone

Secret Santa
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I wonder if anyone will reread d2 and notice that I saw Boomfrog was visited by cat girl.
----
he/him/they
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

SS
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Looks like scum probably wins here? I feel like scum has a very high win rate in Secret Santa games. Though there was that one game where I was scum with wam and there were 3 or 4 cops in the game or something that was an easy win for Town.

Friendly fire really hurt Town here. None of the townies really trusted each other at all and many of them spent the whole game at each other's throats.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

Secret Santa
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Hopefully one of the worst or Madge is also town and also votes for WMU. There's no way she's town here. That claim was just painful. I guess we'll see whenever they're up.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

boomfrog wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:18 pm
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I really want to know what Osie's "oof" at EoD1 meant...
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Pre-flip association in the way you did can be used to set up a dichotomy.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

osieorb18 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:11 pm
boomfrog wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:18 pm
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I really want to know what Osie's "oof" at EoD1 meant...
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Pre-flip association in the way you did can be used to set up a dichotomy.
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I feel like you are implying more with "A dichotomy" then I'm understanding. Do you mean it's potential that I as scum would use it to pin up two townies for D2? Or that scum would kill me and use it and I'm basically giving scum too much info on how to manipulate the consensus?