Gojoe Memorial Mafia Thread

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
moody7277

Re: Gojoe Memorial Mafia Thread

Post by moody7277 »

Songs
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Well, in terms of my voting utility we have Macklin who was mafia which is a "yay, we got him" for me, and also Morgan being town who I was not voting for. Game continuing pretty much seals that it was a three-person scum team to start, don't know what kind of indies might be floating around, but they seem harmless, unless we get two kills N2 because they held off (or if town!MB really blocked SK!worst). In terms of my Neighborizer, I think I will hold off N2 because I still have no flipping idea how to best use it. Heck, I have that problem with regular mafia game powers. We also get to see if any of the "side effects" kick in, specifically if either Madge or the worst decline to keep the connection to get a double vote and instead die, which would vanillaize me. Who knows, if the worst is the third scum, tries for the double vote and dies, I may be the unintentional hero of the game. No way that's going to happen, but I can dream right?
madge

Post by madge »

Songs
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
WHAT THE HECK WHY DID WE VOTE MORGAN OFF SHE IS CLEARLY NOT GOING TO BE SCUM WITH THAT ROLE WHY ARE PEOPLE SO BONEHEADED

why did i not log on after the movie last night i would have totes mcgotes SPOKEN AGAINST THIS YOU FOOOOOLS

anyway i'm really sorry bessie but i'm killing you :( you're investigative and i can't let you investigate me

i'm terrified of a tracker or watcher. i have no fake claim for if i'm seen visiting 3. i was going to kill one of my rolecop targets but i think long-term we need to remove investigations.

if i'm seen visiting 1 i can just claim them as one of my targets.

going to try to be more lurky tomorrow
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
Wam

Post by Wam »

Songs
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I hope the above is madge getting excited about the powers I gave her.

I'm sorry Morgan. But at least there should only he 1 scum left. Maybe 2 or 1 scum and a 3P.
The Snide Sniper
Site Admin

Post by The Snide Sniper »

Should I be locking old Mafia threads?
If I disappear from the forum, I can still be reached via the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.
madge

Post by madge »

I don't think so. Bessie promised us shout-outs for Halloween that I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN ABOUT AND AM STILL WAITING FOR
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Song
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I thought Seven had it there, but it looks like Town is going to let it slip away. Still some play left, Town should be able to solve probably.

There's no realistic world where a claimed lover pair with one side a cop should ever survive till endgame unless one is mafia.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Songs
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
So, scum!Madge. I...don't...even... :shock: . Shows how rusty I am, that and I really didn't feel like I was doing much analyzing this game. Stream of consciousness mafia seems like it would favor SDK's style of play better, it's a much more intuitive version of the game minus the power use puzzles. Anyway, town will have two more chances to get Madge, and my presence will not be a distraction any more.
madge

Post by madge »

Songs
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I've been using the scum discord (hopefully it will be open for people to read after this as I've been using it instead of gojoe) to process the endgame and I'm fucked. Too many investigative roles, if I get an inno on my target tonight I die by PoE. I have no way out of this. Too many townies and not enough scum. I wish Marklin had effectively implemented the plan I gave him so we could have had two deaths in one night. But it was a long shot because he pooched the claim (especially revealing the fake PM and not having a song)

I think honestly my best plan is to withhold, but I can't afford to risk the lack of death.

It's really defeating. I wish I'd defected in the prisoner's dilemma, it would have been better. I didn't realise the advantage would be a *shared* *100% town-sided* advantage.

I'm going to target MB. It's my best shot. I think our doc might be on him but I need to play swingy.

I won't win this. Sorry anyone who was rooting for me.

It's been so fun talking to The Worst and all the manipulation behind the scenes and in-thread. I am really proud of that part of my game, but that's not going to compete with the POE facts. It's like a dethy. I've reached failure state. I'm trying to think of something FUN I can do, but there's really nothing, unless I tell Ducky i'm scum and then kill him and thus myself, which would be hilarious but also against the rules because I'm not playing to my win condition lol
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Was Suzaku going to run a Secret Santa game?
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Suzaku

Post by Suzaku »

@Seven - Yes I was (am?) but since SooT was kicking off about the same time, and I didn't (and don't) think we have the numbers yet to make up two games, I back-burnered it in favour of that game.

That said, if SooT is in endphase I'm willing to put it back on the front burner.

I very much doubt that it will finish before the end of the year, however.
Pronouns: he/him/his
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Fools ignore complexity. Pragmatists suffer it.
Some can avoid it. Geniuses remove it.
-- Perlis's Programming Proverb #58, SIGPLAN Notices, Sept. 1982
madge

Post by madge »

madge wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:36 am Songs
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I've been using the scum discord (hopefully it will be open for people to read after this as I've been using it instead of gojoe) to process the endgame and I'm fucked. Too many investigative roles, if I get an inno on my target tonight I die by PoE. I have no way out of this. Too many townies and not enough scum. I wish Marklin had effectively implemented the plan I gave him so we could have had two deaths in one night. But it was a long shot because he pooched the claim (especially revealing the fake PM and not having a song)

I think honestly my best plan is to withhold, but I can't afford to risk the lack of death.

It's really defeating. I wish I'd defected in the prisoner's dilemma, it would have been better. I didn't realise the advantage would be a *shared* *100% town-sided* advantage.

I'm going to target MB. It's my best shot. I think our doc might be on him but I need to play swingy.

I won't win this. Sorry anyone who was rooting for me.

It's been so fun talking to The Worst and all the manipulation behind the scenes and in-thread. I am really proud of that part of my game, but that's not going to compete with the POE facts. It's like a dethy. I've reached failure state. I'm trying to think of something FUN I can do, but there's really nothing, unless I tell Ducky i'm scum and then kill him and thus myself, which would be hilarious but also against the rules because I'm not playing to my win condition lol

Songs
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
had no damn idea that ducky would get a soft guilty on mathblade, really kicking myself for killing him when i could have survived another ML

i can't be bothered anymore. I could maybe talk myself into surviving tonight, if i was the best scummer who ever scummed, but evven if that's true (it isn't), I'd be dead tomorrow anyway.

I spent the last day and a half (when I was genuinely AFK dw) occaisionally thinking of how i could do something FUN and DRAMATIC, alas the ship sailed when I didn't get a guilty on WMU which in retrospect would have been the way to go. I can't even claim indie because Ducky has been told there's no indie.

sour grapes are sour grapes, I feel like I had an impossible task without my scummates, and tbh I kinda did.
SuperJedi224

Post by SuperJedi224 »

Songs
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
darn I didn't see wake's post before I voted, sorry about that
Suzaku

Post by Suzaku »

Well, since SooT has ended, and there still seems to be interest, I will be putting Secret Santa into signups as soon as I have time to write a proper signup post for it.

Obviously I want as many people to play as possible, but I would very much appreciate a co-mod as well (as my availability around new year is not stable due to work). So if anyone wants in from the ground level as a co-mod, please let me know here.

Given the timing, I'm thinking a Christmas week start, and the game will surely go on into the new year.

ETA: I will probably run the game as pseudo-nightless (night actions must be submitted in advance; Mafia have daychat), the same as the last SS game I ran, but if there is a strong preference for a regular day-night game I will consider that too. Again, please indicate a preference here.
Wam

Post by Wam »

I was feeling like a break from playing so would be happy to co mod if you want?
Suzaku

Post by Suzaku »

Awesome - you're it :D
I'll get something together for comms this evening after work.
bessie

Post by bessie »

madge wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:39 am I don't think so. Bessie promised us shout-outs for Halloween that I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN ABOUT AND AM STILL WAITING FOR
Ok I'll work on my shout outs for both games this week.
madge

Post by madge »

Also a remidner to anyone who hasn't put their pronouns on the pronoun spreadsheet they can do so (there's a thread about it too but here's just the raw links):

Here's the spreadsheet for reference: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1bR8o/edit

Here's the form where you can submit your data: https://forms.gle/NrifkRQM16cGcNdR9

you just fill out the form above and it gets added to the spreadsheet automagically
madge

Post by madge »

what's the scoop on your game suzaku? I am so excited
Wam

Post by Wam »

Suzaku wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:56 pm Awesome - you're it :D
I'll get something together for comms this evening after work.
If suzaku isn't around to run it I'm happy to run a belated secret Santa if there is interest?
madge

Post by madge »

I'm interested!
The Snide Sniper
Site Admin

Post by The Snide Sniper »

So am I!
If I disappear from the forum, I can still be reached via the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Yes Wam, post it. I think there will be enough people interested.
Wam

Post by Wam »

Will put a thread up tomorrow!
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Someone should totes see if Fonti is down
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Still have the file with my role idea saved. It would be embarrassing if you knew how often I've been refreshing this page.