Gojoe Memorial Mafia Thread

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
boomfrog

Re: Gojoe Memorial Mafia Thread

Post by boomfrog »

Mark_Cangila wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:28 pm
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Wow it's ACTUALLY a Wam+Boom scumteam. I didn't expect that. I swear to god if they don't figure it out though.
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
They got this. The only way wam wiggles out of this is if messie and somi go down first. Messie might, but I think somi has a better town case then wam since they voted me end of D1. Maybe wam can convince them I was coaching Phillip...?
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Animal Kingdom Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
That lovable dog wrote:I don’t know you, but I do know BoomFrog, and this is not only something that is very well within his range, it is something he would enjoy. Probably immensely.
Good job past self. You might win this for me yet.
Wam

Post by Wam »

Animal kingdom
Spoiler (Show/Hide)

Been a while since I put anything here. Am keeping notes in mafia chat. I think theres enough confusion to get to endgame. Question is do I NK eido or Mak tonight,
or left field phillip. From booms tracker I know mak didnt target anyone N1 which make them likely to be VT.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Animal Kingdom Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I just realised Philip makes for the best target, in all likelihood they'd ask about the mouse in thread. Well, here's hoping I don't end up eliminated so I can clear myself tomorrow.
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
jimbobmacdoodle

Post by jimbobmacdoodle »

Animal Kingdom:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
So, replacing into a 3-1 (presumed) situation, assuming I don't get killed. Current gut reads have all players as some degree of town. My biggest suspicion is messie, but I need to reread her, to see what I think. Eido I'm 95% confident is town. I'm also 95% confident he'll be the night kill. If it isn't him, it's probably me, in which case this is all moot! (It wouldn't have been phillip, as scum would believe they can mislead him).
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Animal Kingdom Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Well, there goes that plan. I'm a little worried Jimbob's gonna get shot instantly just for being a good mafia player and now I have to dodge the NK with my visit. And the fact that I have no idea who the mafia is doesn't help. I got too invested in my big brain solution today.
jimbobmacdoodle

Animal Kingdom:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
If I get killed tonight after the efforts I'm putting in reading the game state this evening, I'll be very sad. Please scum, don't kill the replacement before they even get a chance to post!
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Animal Kingdom Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I just realised that I'll have to be kingmaker if I'm not dead by endgame since the only living person without a mouse is Wam. Unless I hand someone a second mouse (which I don't know if I should), the town player will confirm me tomorrow. Man, I am out of my league here, my brain occasionally twists itself into a knot thinking about some kind of trap that I could set up.
jimbobmacdoodle

Animal Mafia:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I don't think I mentioned this, but I got a mouse last night, so presumably am the recipient of the "fruit" that messie also received. This therefore confirms that we should be able to confirm the Fruit Vendor as discussed D5 as if they're still alive, it's likely both other players will have received fruit by the end of N4.

I'm fairly confident I'll get killed tonight. I'm near enough confirmed town from Phillip's play, I think. Scum might decide to go after the Fruit Vendor and think I'm not it, but that would be a mistake as they risk missing, leaving me and Fruit Vendor alive. If I do die, it's fine: it means Fruit Vendor is kingmaker. If I don't and Fruit Vendor dies, I am effectively kingmaker, which I'd prefer to avoid!
messie

Post by messie »

Animal Kingdom Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
You guys need to read our discord after the game, it's hilarious

Right now, I (madge) think FV is 100% town, Bessie thinks FV is 100% scum.

I think I managed to convince her, but I bet you we're going to have a big row about it if anything unexpected happens.
jimbobmacdoodle

Not game related:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
This is actually a test to check something I think I just discovered.
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Let me know if this breaks anything or you can see anything unspoilered in here.
jimbobmacdoodle

Animal Kingdom:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
As promised, I started rereading wam overnight, and this is where I got to before being informed by mod that the night had ended (I'd said to end early if I was being killed)

wam D1:

Post 1: Betrayed by Sabrar for not voting him. Votes Sabrar.
Post 2: Cake is a lie.
Post 3: Asks Sabrar for clarification to point about not scum certainty.
Post 4: Long 2 days. Apologises to Sabrar for misspeaking.
Post 5: BF often does gambits (explains to Eido).
Post 6: Initial impression has Eido Town. Agrees with Sabrar leaning town heury. Messie going to be hard to read.
Post 7: Encourages phillip to not trust others and their reads. Wants messie to talk about herself. Stream of conscious trying to get head into game.
Post 8: Asks Sabrar for more detail on heury read. Leaning vote messie; doesn't get fos for not seeing something in the OP added later (missed it too). Cynically thinks messie is worried about Sabrar for having best meta read of component parts.
Post 9: Points out L-3.
Post 10: Reading Sabrar as town; doesn't think scum!Sabrar would have been that committal. Eido/Sabrar/Heury/somi town, messie scum, rest neutrals. Not going to vote phillip on D1.
Post 11: Seen bessie fake high energy scum hunting as scum, so messie scum hunting neutral. Finding odd her push for missing something in OP. Thinks more likely townie or neutral.
Post 12: Prods Phillip for thoughts on Sabrar and BF and their actions.
Post 13: Thought messie objection to him was OMGUS, but she's now claiming there's logic. Points out he has a scum read on her. Thinks scum read OP more than town, asks messie for her thoughts.
Post 14: Still town reading heury. Scum!heury lurks badly D1, and he's more involved here. Responds to BF saying not seeing anything scummy in Eido; top town read. BF reasoning very weak.
Post 15: Updates reads list with Eido/Sabrar towniest, BF/messie scummiest. Doesn't find mountainous question rolefishy - thinks too experience to be that obvious. Somi slipped down because of others rising. Not around at deadline.
Post 16: Missed heury off list, adds as third towniest.
Post 17: Not buying Boom's gambit, but was reading messie as scummier. Nothing else changed so keeping vote.
Wam wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:06 pm Side note not going to vote Philip at any point today on principle as day 1 Elim for newbies is not on.
@wam - why did you feel the need to point this out at this point? Phillip was not under any threat of being eliminated (I don't think anybody had seriously voted him or shown any real signs to do so).

Also, you said you explained most of your reads in your final D1 reads list, but I can't find any indication why BoomFrog is second scummiest on your reads list. This feels slightly off to me, especially as you took the time to comment on your third and fourth scummiest reads (somi and Mak). You do go on to explain it in your final post of the day, but why didn't you do so earlier?

I don't find much objectionable in wam's D1 content outside these two points. His main issue is the lack of concrete explanation for his BoomFrog read at the time he makes his list, as highlighted above.

Day 2:
Post 1: Sad by Sabrar death. Follows his wishes by voting BoomFrog. The more he looks at D1, the less he likes BF. Might have switched if he'd woken up earlier.
Post 2: Responded quick due to breakfast. Comments were based on end of D1 read.
Post 3: Highlights where BF showed TMI.
Post 4: Wild Friday nights.
Post 5: L-2
Post 6: Unvotes (avoiding L-1).
Post 7: Responds to BF: didn't understand BF read of Eido; didn't buy gambit. BF graded on harder scale due to what he can do as scum. Explains where he didn't like BF vote on somi to messie; highlights how he's trying to find alternatives rather than scum. Gut feel, BF banked on heury being town & didn't want to self-pres, keeping messie around good, since she's defending boom; somi push more BF's self interest than genuine scum hunting. Responds to messie re. Phillip - thinks Mafia!Phillip would be more aware of day/night differences.
Post 8: Who would messie suggest other than BF? Does BF elim feel too easy?
Post 9: Notes BF post to respond to later, can't focus.
Post 10: Torn on messie, scummy D1, nothing much D2, second scummiest behind BF.
Post 11: Further explains suspicion of BF somi vote, wasn't trying to solve somi. BF should factor in somi low content.
Post 12: Worried thread is dead.
Post 13: Asks Eido who second choice after BF.
Post 14: Auto-correct.
Post 15: Asks Mark for reassessed list.
Post 16: Also Makhaira.
Post 17: Long day, read Boom's case couple of times. Team analysis winey, could argue for several teams including BF. Makhaira analysis stacks up, sitting back a bit. Concerned BF too easy, scum sitting back laughing. Nervous moving off BF and regretting it. Head says Mak, gut says BF. Happy with either, moves vote to Mak, to leave options for those around at deadline.

I like about 95% of wam's D2 content, with the only slight issue being his switch to Makhaira, and even that's defensible: I remember reading BoomFrog's late D2 content and feeling swung by it too, so it's completely understandble town!wam could have been too. In fact, I don't think scum!wam goes into D2 with an outright bus and then swings away from him late.

D3:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Post 1: Agrees with Mak that Eido town, asks why phillip? Can't provide convincing reason why it's not him. Wants to reread BF post, looking for interactions.

Basically, I think wam is Town, although claims will be interesting to see.

somi correctly claimed the fruit vendor targeted me N3. The only thing odd is that he talks about a breadcrumb, but despite saying what he crumbed, I cannot for the life of me see it in his opening post.
Wam

Post by Wam »

Animal Kingdom
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
got the notification jimbob quoted me but dont know why. However assume its something to do with night actions so sorry for killing you!

Where is Somi!!! I'm getting impatient.
jimbobmacdoodle

Animal Kingdom:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
wam wrote:Quote ping to make you paranoid :D
I think it's about time I policy eliminate wam the first opportunity I get. My last two games I've played with him I've had him in my townie pool. Fortunately, in one of those, I spotted strange interactions with his scum buddy, but this time, the interactions were well enough concealed to throw me. I just hope somi sees through it, and listens to my point that scum!messie wouldn't have bothered with that interaction analysis (actually, I think she would have, but hey ho).

Also, I'm really glad I didn't get to post my overnight reads of wam!
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Reading Animal Mafia during April 1st shenanigans delights BoomFrog.

Crafting sentences while dodging common articles or "to be" verbs stimulates my mind as well.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Animal Kingdom Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Well, I placed the final vote, so now I get to fret until LaserGuy wakes up. I'm soooo tempted to read one of the spoilers and find out if I'm the dumbest animal alive.
Wam

Post by Wam »

Animal mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Sorry somi that was a really dickish comment st the end. Apologies.
Wam

Post by Wam »

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:33 pm Animal Kingdom:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
If I get killed tonight after the efforts I'm putting in reading the game state this evening, I'll be very sad. Please scum, don't kill the replacement before they even get a chance to post!
I did consider it and decided it was too harsh.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

How do I turn the April Fool's thing off
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
ratammer
Gatekeeper

Post by ratammer »

Seven wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:18 pm How do I turn there is no way Barry? bee should be able to fly. April Fool's thing off
See here
Diana, madge's ratwife, any pronouns

I'm watching the first episode of all different cartoons!

---

Ya like my gate?
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

ratammer wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:18 pm
Seven wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:18 pm How do I turn there is no way Barry? bee should be able to fly. April Fool's thing off
See here
Thank you!
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

I mentioned before that I had a game I'd had like to run after Laser's, but it's not ready so please skip me for now.
Seven (she, him, their)
madge

Post by madge »

I could potentially run pizzazz mafia if people wanted it, it would be a game by me with no oversight or balance, just a bunch of things I think are FUN*

* note, may not actually be fun
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
Wam

Post by Wam »

I would be keen
jimbobmacdoodle

I'll join if needed to make up numbers, but don't have masses of time so would prefer to be a replacement.