Gojoe Memorial Mafia Thread

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
Wam

Re: Gojoe Memorial Mafia Thread

Post by Wam »

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
jimbob has worked out that he is probably the only recruitable townie left. As I bet seven is not and zenni knows this. So jimbob is playing for a win as cult recruit. Or jimbob think he is unrecrutiable as well and is banking on it.
jimbobmacdoodle

Post by jimbobmacdoodle »

Halloween 2021:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I was earlier debating whether I should claim something like cult doctor to encourage Zeniba to recruit me rather than Seven. Would that be bad form? :D

More seriously, if the Cult Leader has been this unlucky that they weren't able to recruit on the 4 nights they were alive, I feel kind of sorry for them. Unfortunately, I have no idea why they have failed to recruit, and am just crossing my fingers that they fail again, post-hammer.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Halloween @ Madge
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
How is cult recruit limited? Are they just having super bad luck, or is there something else that was preventing recruits?
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
So cult wins, I guess, assuming they are able to recruit someone?
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
@Zeniba If you want to discuss self-voting there's really no need as we've already discussed it extensively and are unlikely to agree.

Regarding other points you're liable to mention—OGI, in-thread prod requests, modkill speculation, mod question in thread, the experimental nature of the game—there's really no need to discuss those either. Well the last one is a fruitful and interesting thing to talk about actually, just keep in mind that the game was advertised as being bastard/unconventional.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
patzer

Post by patzer »

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I have to say the game is rather entertaining when you're dead and know what’s going on.
I’m hoping that the cult had a limited number of recruit attempts and had used them all up on people who happened to be nightkills, that’s the only theory I have for their lack of success so far.

Also, in case anyone was wondering, the night before you all yeeted me I went to bed thinking “okay, there’s no way town yeet the cop when there’s no counterclaim”, I was thinking only along the lines of “how do I avoid getting killed tonight”. And then I woke up an hour after end of day. Had only I woken up an hour earlier I’d definitely have voted moody, despite not being suspicious of him, because it was clearly a case of him or me... now THAT would have changed the course of the game.
madge

Post by madge »

LaserGuy wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:37 pm Halloween @ Madge
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
How is cult recruit limited? Are they just having super bad luck, or is there something else that was preventing recruits?
Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Basically, cult leader has 3 powers plus a passive one-shot rez, and the CL never used the recruit ability. See below. I will post a link to all the role PMS and flavour when the game finally ends.
Passive: You resurrect at noon the next day following one kill or elimination. Once you recruit your first cult member, this ability will no longer work.

Recruit: If you do not have a fellow cultist, you may recruit a cult member. If they die, you may recruit a replacement. Be aware that some people may be immune to being culted.

Investigate: If you do not use your recruit ability (either because you already have a recruit or because you choose not to) you may target 2 players. Assuming no interference with your action, you will know whether they are immune to being culted or not.

Hiding: If you do not use your recruit ability (either because you already have a recruit or because you choose not to) and you do not use your investigate ability either, you may target a player (including yourselves). Assuming no interference with your action, that player will give favourable results to Cop-like roles on that night.

Chat: You may chat with the person you recruit via PM. Please include both mods in all communications.
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

somitomi wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:19 pm I'm gonna kill Seven though.
Spoiler (Show/Hide)

what did i do
Seven (she, him, their)
madge

Post by madge »

Madge's Nail Appointment as Referenced in the Game Thread
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Also, I joked that if the pizzazz posse won i should do a PIZZAZZ MAFIA someday that would be completely unbalanced and chaotic. would people want that? (not next, though. if we are back in the swing of things, I'd like to take a couple of mafias off of modding and just be a very frustrating player for a bit)

I would especially love it if we could do Secret Santa again. Traditionally, everyone took turns modding.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Those are gorgeous dude
Seven (she, him, their)
Suzaku

Post by Suzaku »

Those are some very nice nails madge.
Pronouns: he/him/his
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Fools ignore complexity. Pragmatists suffer it.
Some can avoid it. Geniuses remove it.
-- Perlis's Programming Proverb #58, SIGPLAN Notices, Sept. 1982
madge

Post by madge »

Get Bessie to post hers sometime! ♥
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

heuristically_alone wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:39 pm
@heury could you add this link to the OP? xkcd old forum mafia game archive
Seven (she, him, their)
bessie

Post by bessie »

madge wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:08 pm Get Bessie to post hers sometime! ♥
No way. I feel so unworthy after seeing yours!
madge

Post by madge »

but you were one of my key inspirations :(
madge

Post by madge »

who is hypothetically up for playing in secret santa mafia this year (you submit roles to the mod, who balances the roles and sends them to players; modding rotates each year)?

who is hypothetically up for modding?
Suzaku

Post by Suzaku »

I modded the 2015 version, and would be more than happy to go again.

(Damn that makes me feel old)
Pronouns: he/him/his
Time Zone: JST (UTC+9)
─────────────────────────
Fools ignore complexity. Pragmatists suffer it.
Some can avoid it. Geniuses remove it.
-- Perlis's Programming Proverb #58, SIGPLAN Notices, Sept. 1982
bessie

Post by bessie »

I feel I am too busy to mod the Secret Santa game, but I will play (within my time constraints of once per day).

Suzaku I think it has been long enough that you can mod it again. And I trust you to keep the balance somewhat under control. I was also thinking that perhaps you can get one of the xkcd players that isn't interested in playing any more but that still might want to be involved with the forum to co-mod.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Vote for Mod: Suzaku

I already have my idea for the role I'm submitting worked out.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

I'd be down to cohost if people will have me. I do like balancing Designer/uPick games.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

osieorb18 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:06 pm I'd be down to cohost if people will have me. I do like balancing Designer/uPick games.
Do you think you can handle the difference in modding style such as outlined here?
Seven wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:00 pm Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
@Zeniba If you want to discuss self-voting there's really no need as we've already discussed it extensively and are unlikely to agree.

Regarding other points you're liable to mention—OGI, in-thread prod requests, modkill speculation, mod question in thread
Seven (she, him, their)
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

Seven wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:09 pm
osieorb18 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:06 pm I'd be down to cohost if people will have me. I do like balancing Designer/uPick games.
Do you think you can handle the difference in modding style such as outlined here?
Spoiler (Show/Hide)

Regarding other points you're liable to mention—OGI, in-thread prod requests, modkill speculation, mod question in thread
Hmm, difference in style? Probably. Only thing I usually push through anyways is NAR because most people find it more fun than OoO systems. What does that post mean?
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

osieorb18 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:04 am
Seven wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:09 pm
Spoiler (Show/Hide)

Hmm, difference in style? Probably. Only thing I usually push through anyways is NAR because most people find it more fun than OoO systems. What does that post mean?
Osie has a habit micromodding things like that and can be pretty modkill happy.
Seven (she, him, their)
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

Seven wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:17 am
osieorb18 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:04 am
Seven wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:09 pm Do you think you can handle the difference in modding style such as outlined here?

Osie has a habit micromodding things like that and can be pretty modkill happy.
Depends on the site. I usually have different standards depending on the group, though I do think modkill speculation doesn't belong in a thread.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

So, point of information. If a player had been inactive for at least two RL days during a game day, or at least one RL day either side of a game night, would it be okay in your opinion for other players to suggest the mod do something about the absent player?