Gojoe Memorial Mafia Thread

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Re: Gojoe Memorial Mafia Thread

Post by Seven »

Halloween 2021
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
god I'm so going to shoot you boom (with luv of course), I know you and moody are the scum team
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
jimbobmacdoodle

Post by jimbobmacdoodle »

Halloween 2021:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I think if the Day had gone on another day, I might have been persuaded by the patzer cult leader theory. In particular, I realised that the recruit/cop theory by bessie on even/odd nights fits with my even/odd watcher/tracker role, which in turn makes me think bessie and/or wam are in similar positions. This does leave me wondering what to do with my night action, but I guess LaserGuy would be a good shout, being supposedly confirmed town, and therefore a good mafia kill target. I also think there's a good chance they're a Mediator, and if scum figures this out, they'll be high on the target list.
Wam

Post by Wam »

Halloween 2021
:!:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Have I overcomitted in terms of defending moody we shall see. Is it time for a ridiculous gambit?
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Halloween 2021
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
So... frustrating... I'm sure there's scum influence but there had to be some bamboozled townies on that patzer elimination too. Counting JimBob and LaserGuy as complicit. Patzer was so townie, scum are good at preying upon any weakness though. Especially when you have 4 out of 10 scum.

I'm pretty likely to be eliminated or culted toNight. The thought did cross my mind that town-boomfrog should use up my doctor shot so that potential cult-boomfrog doesn't have one to protect the leader. But I don't think that's a very likely scenario to be significant. The chance that I'm all wrong on my reads and get left alive and impotent is higher. And if the mafia is odd-night only then doctor is best saved for N3.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Halloween 2021
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I think these players are Town:
Bessie
Sniper
Jim
Myself
Laser
Wam

Which means only 1 of the following player is Town:
Boom
Pat
Moody
Somi
Suzaku

Of the 5, Moody is the towniest to me and Somi is the scummiest. I don't see a situation where all of Pat, Moody, Somi, Suzaku are the scum.
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

V/LA throughout the weekend
Seven (she, him, their)
madge

Post by madge »

Note that my next week is going to be super hectic because I'm performing in a play, so I am not planning on posting votals as often. I'd appreciate if players could try to do unofficial votals every page or so.

Halloween 2021
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
this is FUN. we've got our first rez and our first permakill so there's finally a flip - town on town though, ouch. net loss to town is -1 once a townie reses at noon though. i'm rooting for town but i'm not especially hopeful.

also people are reading too much into my italic cult member text so i decided to give them 128 members to freak everyone out :twisted:

the italic text is a holdover from when i was going to use more prose and less images to tell the story, plan was for the first digit of the cult number to be the actual number and for it to be pure flavour

of course, nobody will let anything be pure flavour, and i'm not helping things because i'm actually putting clues by having how well the parent trap schemes work be indicative of whether the swing was town or scum sided
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Halloween 2021
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
lol sorry boom
Seven (she, him, their)
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Halloween 2021
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Town deserves what they get here. Oh well.

I predict:
Town:
BoomFrog
Suzaku
Patzer
TSS

Maybe town:
Somi
JimBob
wam

Mafia:
Bessie
Hueay/Seven

Cult:
moody

Survivor:
Laserguy
jimbobmacdoodle

Halloween 2021:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Boo. Though at least I have a bit more free time now! LaserGuy didn't visit anyone last night, which means my results are proving distinctly uninteresting.

Anyway, LaserGuy is not Mafia based on patzer's result. I suspect patzer is probably town, since they don't appear to be cult. The mod post also means that none of Suzaku, me, or Seven are either.

My N1 result probably means not bessie is also not cult, though it's not guaranteed (e.g. Bessie might have been blocked).

The lack of cult numbers changing makes me wonder about possible limited valid targets for recruitment. This may or may not be tied into a resurrection mechanic. The likely alternative is that the cult leader has been nailed by a roleblocker (mediator!LaserGuy possibly). If they targeted the same player two nights in a row, the chance of coincidence is fairly low, although not impossible. Alternatively the recruit is via resurrection, and the cult leader with a night resurrection thought rezzing heury was a mistake and/or they were blocked somehow.

I still think Seven is probably the Survivor, now pseudo-Serial Killer. Their kill is obviously super-powered, as otherwise either BoomFrog wouldn't have flipped, or I and Suzaku would have. That being said, I'm starting to have doubts: with the number of scum and the lack of flips, town could use that ability.

I do know that I was killed by Mafia, due to flavour (Mom got bribed into grounding me). Unfortunately, that doesn't mean much.
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Halloween 2021
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Well, I was supposed leave a message for wam in that post saying what sort of result I got back on boomfrog, but Zen kinda made that moot.
He might still interpret the D as doctor even though that wasn't in the original code, only settled on letter I could have used was P for Police (as opposed to C we were using for Cult). Madge's responses to my rolecop have also been more complicated (as could be expected) than a simple "X is a doctor" or "Y is a tracker".
Wam

Post by Wam »

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Thanks Seven! Sorry boom but that has worked out really well for us and will take heat off moody. Think this game is going to come down to a weird 3 way anti town face off.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Halloween 2021
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
somitomi wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:52 pm town: Wam, (Jimbob, Suzaku)
possibly town: LaserGuy (Boomfrog)
to reread: bessie, patzer, Moody, Snide Sniper
survivor?: Seven
Even if confirmed by mod, never trust a BoomFrog.

boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Halloween 2021 @mods
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Btw, I'm confused how I didn't get a watcher result for JimBob. Moody is a role cop. Is wam a one shot ninja, one shot strongman and took the right shot N2?
Wam

Post by Wam »

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I can see boom posting his spoilers and now I'm paranoid. I'm going to type out the route to victory as I see it to get my head straight.

1 lynch seven today
2 NK laser
3. Assuming ther is a rez leaves us a 2/1/3 tomorrow. Push a somi/snide lynch day 4.
Permanent kill bessie night 4
Hope town only have 1 rez.
Leaves us 2/1/1 game done.
madge

Post by madge »

boomfrog wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:23 pm Halloween 2021 @mods
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Btw, I'm confused how I didn't get a watcher result for JimBob. Moody is a role cop. Is wam a one shot ninja, one shot strongman and took the right shot N2?
Halloween 21
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
the scumteam has one shot ninja and one shot godfather, both target able.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Halloween 2021
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
7en wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:17 amlol sorry boom
lol, no you're not. You're only sorry it didn't work. If I'd been scum it would have been epic.
Wam

Post by Wam »

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Just what is happening in this game! I cant see anything other than snide not realising it seven is anti town or being insane maybe?

I dont see why after so long out the game snide false claims cop there.....

Oh well should ensure seven is eliminated today. Then snide tomorrow!
patzer

Post by patzer »

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Is a relief to see I’m not the only one who found the work of the game challenging. Not even surprised to see that revelation about Seven.
jimbobmacdoodle

Halloween 2021:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
My brain hurts reading the game at the moment. bessie's theory is completely off the wall, especially as I've been happy to get heury/Seven lynched most of the game. A part of me is really hoping I don't get rezzed right now, as I'm not sure I could cope with trying to sort this mess.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

LingEarth stole my count to a million post. Also that take a penny, leave a penny thread is hilarious
Seven (she, him, their)
The Snide Sniper
Site Admin

Post by The Snide Sniper »

Seven wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:19 pm LingEarth stole my count to a million post. Also that take a penny, leave a penny thread is hilarious
Seems like the wrong thread for this.
If I disappear from the forum, I can still be reached via the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Yeah. This thread is for mafia related content only. Forum Games meta thread is for comments about all the other threads.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Oh I see it now, I spent a good few minutes looking for it earlier and thought I just imagined it. But I thought the last Gojoe thread was also a general social thread.
Seven (she, him, their)
madge

Post by madge »

Halloween 2021 @ Snide sniper (snide sniper please read)
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
If you're struggling with the pace of the game, that's ok! I also struggle with the pace of mafia games on the forum. What I did was I stubbornly refused to give the same detailed reads as everyone else. I read based on my intuition and the mechanics. I asked other players to help fill in gaps I had.

Was this a bit of a jerk move? I don't know, maybe. But people got used to how I played and people seem to, against all reason, like me anyway.

This game is meant to be fun, and it's hard when you don't find it fun to read 20 pages in exruciating detail and comb it for scumtells.

Play at a pace that makes you happy. If people vote you off, that's their decision: they will need to use the fact that you are struggling as a data point, though. Are you being quiet and not doing analyses because you are scum, or because you are overwhelmed town? That's their decision, because they don't want to mislabel you as scum just because you are overwhelmed town.

Remember people are nice and they want you to have fun. We all want you to have fun!

A lot of these people just happen to have fun by posting a lot and doing deep analyses. This is their choice, and you don't need to feel pressured or constrained by that.

So yeah, prioritise your own fun, please! As long as you are posting regularly people will he happy; don't worry about putting "enough" effort into it. Read the thread at a surface level and see what jumps out at you. Look deeper if you really want.

And use your role to your advantage, make conclusions based on that, and see what you can figure out / accomplish.