Gojoe Memorial Mafia Thread

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
bessie

Re: Gojoe Memorial Mafia Thread

Post by bessie »

Pizzazz Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
So is it Boom and the worst? Kinda doesn't seem fair if the two best players in the game are scum together. :?

Sabrar, you going to post??
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Pizzazz Mafia (bessie may read)
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
No, I'm sulking. Should have given me that eulogy...
bessie

Post by bessie »

Pizzazz Mafia @Sabrar
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I acknowledged you in my own special way.
guilty hoku.jpg
guilty hoku.jpg (67.22 KiB) Viewed 1838 times
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Pizzazz Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I truthfully claimed my powers to Bessie. I figure if she's town she'll trust me and if she's scum she'll be paranoid that I'm trying to trick her.
Wam

Post by Wam »

madge wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:47 am Pizzazz
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
oh god, the alternating SKs are going tomean we're not going to have a single legit NK this whole bloody game. Heury rezzes tomorrow morning.

This game is an absolute clusterfuck and i'm not even slightly sorry because any fool could've seen this coming
Pizzazz
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
so how are town meant to take out the SKs? Are the rez unlimited?
madge

Post by madge »

Wam wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:07 pm
madge wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:47 am Pizzazz
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
oh god, the alternating SKs are going tomean we're not going to have a single legit NK this whole bloody game. Heury rezzes tomorrow morning.

This game is an absolute clusterfuck and i'm not even slightly sorry because any fool could've seen this coming
Pizzazz
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
so how are town meant to take out the SKs? Are the rez unlimited?
Pizzazz
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Heury rezzes only once, somi rezzes unlimited but the game can end while they're dead. probably unbalanced.

bessie's getting a present tomorrow morning. After all, Hamlet was all about inaction until the end...
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

@Sabrar Pizzazz
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I've greatly enjoyed your contributions to the game. No eulogy though since I want you to stay "dead".
madge

Post by madge »

bessie wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:19 am Pizzazz Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
[...] Because I have a non-power. I have no night actions and have received no night results, so no one has sent me anything. [...]
Pizzazz (bessie may NOT read)
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Bessie didn't realise when she was writing this that Hamlet was her character, and Hamlet was famous for his inability to, y'know, do anything. So I very cleverly and deliberately set the wheels in motion wherein Bessie got a power on D3....

...or, I balanced Bessie's role thinking this was a 1 or 2 night affair, realised it was very underpowered since this game's going to be long, and decided to rectify the situation. BUT, it's very thematic!

Here's what I sent her, I hope she likes it. What did you think of it Bessie??? Tell me me me me me!!!!
madge wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:40 am Hamlet is famous for inaction, but eventually, he gets around to GETTING THINGS DONE. Whether it's having his friends murdered or a scheme to kill his uncle (and mother, wups), he can be counted on to finishing the job. Eventually. With violence.

You have a choice: Rosencrantz or Horatio?

Is your neighbour Rozencrantz, or is he Horatio? In other words: does he want you to succeed, or is he secretly plotting against you.

Today you must make that decision: you must publicly post IN BOLD one of the following:

"Boomfrog is not near my conscience. His defeat does by his own insinuation grow." , indicating you wish to kill your Neighbor (Boomfrog). He will die immediately.

"The point!--envenom'd too! Then, venom, to thy work.", indicating you wish to kill someone today (you need not kill in the same message). Note that this killing will be done at the cost of your own life, but has the benefit of being unblockable and irreversible by any means. To do the killing, you will write in bold: "How now? A rat? Dead, for a ducat, dead!" *stabs [TARGET]* - this must be done the same day but need not be in the same message as the venom post.

If you do neither, inaction is still your thing, I guess. Post the following in bold: "'Swounds, I should take it: for it cannot be but I am pigeon-liver'd and lack gall." - this will result in no effect.

If you do none of the three, you will die at the end of the day and your vote will not count in the final votals (don't worry, it will count normally in the daytime votals).

heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

Pizzazz
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
interesting that somi has a robot cop role. There's got to be another robot who is sk. Which means it's not somi, or somi is making some genius play. If somi is a robot does it help us to find each other? If so, then somi must suspect I'm the robot as well.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Pizzazz Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I'm not really in the game, just posting random stuff for fun. I'm not even coordinating with Madge, she doesn't know when and what I decide to post but I know she doesn't mind. It's pizzazz after all... :D
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Pizzazz Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
multi-posting bessie is best bessie
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

PIZZAZZ MAFIA
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Well, I'm boned. Can't kill anyone without the other two ganging up on me, so my only sliver of hope is that bessie comes back to stave off the end of the game.
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Pizzazz Mafia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Respect and sympathy to the two SK for sticking it out through this bad luck.
jimbobmacdoodle

Post by jimbobmacdoodle »

Pizzazz Mafia:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I now know BoomFrog's win con anyway. I also have no idea why my pizzazz condition seems to have been fulfilled (I've not had confirmation from the mod that it has been, but I'm assuming it has).

It occurred to me that a funny strategy to "clear" myself if I'd been an SK would have been to kill myself last night and then get resurrected immediately. I don't think people would have considered a self-kill as being possible, but I could see Madge allowing it!
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

I'd like to try the purgatory setup again but without the extra role stuff and with shorter deadlines. I think the added abilities and the lengthy phases were a drawback to the game before. Would you guys be up for it?

For those that weren't in the game before, details can be found here. And here is an image guide:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)

And here is the game thread of the last game.
Seven (she, him, their)
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Seems fun. I also kinda want to see a game using bastard Madges deadline rules. The mod will end the day suddenly if the day gets boring and there are some votes and there have been some RL days passed. You could make a secret formula to follow pre-game if you want to make it strictly fair.

Make announcements that the day would end with X votes at this time, and that number slowly decreased.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Kinda sad that demons are out of the game when voted off either way. And spirits that get banished. But I wouldn't want to meddle too much in the setup.
Wam

Post by Wam »

I would be up for any game really!
madge

Post by madge »

yeah, uh, do we have a game in the queue?
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

I'll put up my game now
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Sign-ups posted: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=666
Seven (she, him, their)
madge

Post by madge »

signups open now, for HALLOWEEN 2022 viewtopic.php?f=6&t=728
madge

Post by madge »

Halloween is started now: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=735

fear not, the "tiktok tween d&d game" framing device is intended to fade away as of next flavourpost - it's just to give me creative license to not perfectly get ST lore correct.

Also, unfortunately, in contrast to previous years my free time is far reduced. I'm worried people will disappointed by the flavour in comparison to previous years, so hopefully by setting expectations low I can exceed the,.

SETUP SPOILERS BELOW
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I found a 6 player mafia setup that was 4 docs and 2 SKs. So we have 5 doc-variants and 2 SKs. I'm so excited for the massclaim
Wam

Post by Wam »

Halloween/stranger things
Spoiler (Show/Hide)

So I had been contemplating doing something different as I won't have as much time this game. Images flavour gave me the perfect setup.to just post.in MWA. If I get stuck going to add in MNA!
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Halloween
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Just once, just once in m life I'd like the last-minute D1 wagon on me to start while I'm awake...
i am doing a computers on the inters webses