Gojoe Memorial Mafia Thread

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
Wam

Re: Gojoe Memorial Mafia Thread

Post by Wam »

Seven wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:12 pm Someone should totes see if Fonti is down
I nominate you. I wonder if she will still tunnel me when I'm the mod....
Wam

Post by Wam »

Wam wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:49 pm Will put a thread up tomorrow!
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=568

moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Secret Santa
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
So I know I'm not supposed to know who submitted the role I got, but in this case it is really obvious. Cut-and-dried, I give someone the ability to use their power more than once the night after I target them. There might be some side effect during the day after as indicated by the PM flavor, but I'm not sure exactly what that could be yet.

Town.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Secret Santa 2022
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
My gut says moody is scum. Probably Bessie too, but I'll give her some time to not be petty. Scum Bessie is extra petty.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

Secret Santa 2022
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I wonder how the role I made will come into play...

That misrep thing is something I'd probably do even if I was scum instead of town. Bessie's push on me is awful.
jimbobmacdoodle

Post by jimbobmacdoodle »

Secret Santa 2022:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Initial thoughts: I like WMU's case on The Worst. I think bessie vs osie is likely TvT, but if it's TvS, osie is the townie. It's not SvS unless there are multiple scume teams. Methinks scum is The Worst and one quiet player (heury, TSS etc).
madge

Post by madge »

Secret Santa 22
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
well, i'm a compulsive visitor? who does nothing? this is disappointing as i was hoping to have something useful for me to POE. it's a fun concept though but, yeah.

i was hoping to be townie enough to draw the kill but my post being eaten by my work computer somehow (!?) was legitimately distressing (ok maybe too strong a word lol) and so ugh
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

Secret Santa 2022:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Yeah, everything about misrepresentations is 100% genuine. This game is frustrating. But we'll see. I'm not going to hold it against bessie if (when) she flips scum.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

SS:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
@heury, you need to play mafia more often! I have always been against town claiming, and had a lengthy argument with LaserGuy about it in a recent game.
I think this was actually about roleclaims and not townclaims specifically, if it's the game I'm thinking of (my argument being that Town are more likely to spontaneously claim and/or share about their role and late claimers have a high probability of being mafia). Unless it's some other game bessie is thinking of, but I mostly read straight townclaims as null so, *shrug*.

I think bessie is probably Town for the record.
Last edited by LaserGuy on Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

LaserGuy wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:10 am SS:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
@heury, you need to play mafia more often! I have always been against town claiming, and had a lengthy argument with LaserGuy about it in a recent game.
I think this was actually about roleclaims and not townclaims specifically, if it's the game I'm thinking of (my argument being that Town are more likely to spontaneously claim and/or share about their role and late claimers have a high probability of being mafia). Unless it's some other game bessie is thinking of, but I mostly read straight townclaims as null so, *shrug*.

I think bessie is probably Town for the record.
SS@Laser
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
What are your scum reads? Or have you been reading spoilers?
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

SS@Seven:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
I have been reading spoilers and haven't really been analyzing very deeply. If you're curious, I'll post a "this is my best attempt at reads ignoring what I know from spoilers" in the second spoiler below.

read upper one first
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Boom and osie are kind of obvTown. I would be very surprised to see bessie as scum here. WMU and the worst are, I guess, Town leans, moreso WMU. Others are null-to-slight scum without really much distinction due to lack of content. I would probably end up voting either Madge or heury here, I think.
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

Secret Santa 2022:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Oof at last minute pre-flip association from Boomfrog. Do not like.

Bessie still scummiest scum to ever scum, regardless of Moody flip.

I'mma try to towncase her and I guess metaread (gross) over the Night phase anyways just as a thought exercise.

Rereading Boom and the Worst+WMU interactions for sure as well.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Secret Santa 2022:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Woof... I forgot how much Mafia devours my ability to think about other things. I am so uncertain about Bessie. If Bessie is scum and Osie is town I'm going to wallow in shame for years* over this. If moody is scum I'll bask in glory! Such is the life of a mafia player.

If moody is not scum I'm kinda annoyed at him for disappearing and posting such nonsense empty posts actually.

I really want to know what Osie's "oof" at EoD1 meant...

Now then, to decide what to do for me night action. I'm the Bestest Boy, and can watch one person or once per game watch everyone but get mixed up results and essentially lose my nightly watching. Ideally I'd save the Watch Everyone for later in the game when there's less people alive and I can narrow things down better. However, I might not have long to survive since I've been so townie. I've completely dropped the "shield of scummyness" this game. Hopefully fear of watcher/doctor will fend off any eliminations the mafia would consider throwing at me.

I guess I should wait for the flip before deciding targeting. I suspect that TSS got my submitted role which is a pretty strong investigation. I'm considering just watching him in case anyone else picked up the clue that he REALLY wants to get his own night action results which means he's likely an investigative role.

*yes years. I'm still wallowing in shame about eliminating LaserGuy over Fonti D3 in that one game...
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Secret Santa
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Moody has been eliminated he was town and a motivator
Oh! the irony...

Bleh, well I guess I get to survive by wearing a dunce cap. Now, to watch Osie, The Worst, or TSS...

I think I should assume scum are very competent and go for TSS.

The other option is Osie, but if Bessie is scum she will not want Osie's flip to prove her wrong. And if she is town, scum won't want to take out Osie who is convinced Bessie is scum.

This game is so hard... I both love and hate it.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Secret Santa
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Regardless of where this game goes, boomfrog is someone I'd love to have a meal with at some point and see in future games.
Aww shucks. Another member of the fan club. :) But actually yeah, I'd enjoy that as well. I live in the Seattle area, feel free to reach out on discord. I am in general too busy to play Mafia, but I do try to find time to do so anyway.
The Snide Sniper
Site Admin

Post by The Snide Sniper »

Secret Santa
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Whoops, it seems I missed the deadline. I was hoping to make a post defending/changing my null vote, but I didn't realize the deadline was so soon.
If I disappear from the forum, I can still be reached via the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.
jimbobmacdoodle

Post by jimbobmacdoodle »

Secret Santa @wam/not @wam
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
No idea if it's deliberate or not, but you've listed Bessie as having two Cotes against her, but only one player. Might want to fix and publicly announce correction, if it's a mistake.

---

BoomFrog has hit the nail on the head with how I'm viewing the discussion between bessie and osie, especially from Bessie's point of view, in my mind. She may still be scum, but I don't think the argument really is indicative of her alignment one way or another.

Prediction for night kill is either BoomFrog or the Worst, depending on whether either of them are scum (I suspect one is scum and the other is therefore a prime target). I don't have any clear views of who scum are currently. Given daychat, I don't think heury is scum, but that's rather due to out of game reasons: he claimed he didn't realise the game had started until being prodded, but his buddy would have effectively prodded him already. I feel like a TSS teammate would have coached and prodded him for a bit more content too. Not getting scum vibes off WMU. Osie seems pretty sincere in his side of the argument. So, best guess is two of BoomFrog, the Worst or Madge.
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

Secret Santa
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Vision of a Christmas Never: - Night Action - You target a player and learn all sorts of useful info about what they might have done this Night phase. But not about what they actually did. You learn three pieces of information: Their Role Name, Who they Targeted, and Who targeted them, like a rolecop, watcher and tracker all at once! However, exactly one of those three pieces of information will be incorrect.

I am town. I've decided I am curious to know who may target boomfrog as the only cemented town player. I literally don't see a world where boomfrog is scum this game. I'm still leaning on bessie being possible scum, but she'd also make a good mislynch option. Maybe I'll target bessie tomorrow and see what bessie claims.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

SS
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Scum have complete control over this game. I'm impressed.
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

btw this PM system is a nightmare. Petition to use discord for submitting stuff in the future.
Seven (she, him, their)
heuristically_alone

Post by heuristically_alone »

Every nightmare is worth living through at least once.
If you think tough men are dangerous, wait til you see what weak men are capable of.
----
he/him/they
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Seven (she, him, their)
osieorb18

Post by osieorb18 »

Seven wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:16 am btw this PM system is a nightmare. Petition to use discord for submitting stuff in the future.
+1; it bugged me the number of times I had to resend things for SooT.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Secret Santa
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Sorry moody, I knew you were town, but I was late to work because I made that morning post, so I didn’t get an opportunity to check the thread again before deadline. Not that there was anything I could do.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

Secret Santa
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Can't read spoilers yet, so that means there might be a resurrection... Interesting. Hopefully my tongue in cheek death rattle doesn't dissuade any would be resurrecter.

Also, I realize I should have read Moody's off the wall read of Bessie as town to be a townie position for him to take. Scum Moody would have been more middle of the road I think.

Also, I suspect only town players expressed annoyance at the Bessie-Osie squabble. Scum were happy to see two townies rip into each other. That makes the scum team:

Madge+heauy. With a possibility of WMU.

Also, Madge was way too fast and way too excited to vote for Bessie in my name.