Halloween Mafia 2021 - The Party Trap - Day 7

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
moody7277

Re: Halloween Mafia 2021 - The Party Trap

Post by moody7277 »

LaserGuy (as the reamaining ubertownie read I have)
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
post 1: welcome to patzer and Snide. asks jimbob about his ordering of factions
post 2: doesn't like heury's response to jimbob. town lean me and bf
post 3: discussion with heury over his response to jimbob, more important issue was why heury answered instead of letting bf answer

Totally agree with this

post 4: discussion with heury, Snide's question about jimbob NAI, boomfrog coming at his read from a different direction than LG
post 5: offended for boomfrog about heury's interpretation of bf's read

The last few posts kind of felt like an impromptu mini-gambit between LG and heury that heury failed miserably

post 6: asking patzer and somi for reads, encouraging Snide for content
post 7: pokes heury about inconsistent read, agrees with bf over heury reasoning, likes jimbob playing as SDK
post 8: reaction to patzer's reads list. jimbob used as easily analisable example. question about reads of people pushing heury
post 9: reads list. bf jimbob town, heury patzer scum.

btw, having bessie listed as NullTown scares the crap out of me

post 10: disagrees with Suzaku as to Snide being townie for use of "we" in a post. Snide's "paranoia level" wrong
post 11: incredulous about heury's reads
post 12: wants patzer to explain suspicion of him
post 13: warning about time zone issues
post 14: Snide not expressing previously codified newbie town behavior

Seriously, his quote looks like it comes from a friggin encyclopedia

post 15: response to jimbob about the difference between in person and forum mafia
post 16: underline vote heury, no actual vote forthcoming unless tie
post 17: not voting heury "for reasons"

Encouraging content from Snide and patzer, spreading pressure around, all looks very good

D2
post 18: befuddled by lack of flip
post 19: lack of flips until D3, cascade of flips later, multiple factions complicate TS lists, wants updated reads from Snide, patzer

Score one for Nostradamus!LG

post 20: response to bessie: somi already answered bessie's question, no answer from bessie about his. poking Snide about pressuring patzer for something he did
post 21: double elimination annoying, bickering with bessie re multiple faction complications. question to and weird feeling about patzer
post 22: RL issues

Cynical view here: LG and bessie picking a fight like this is distancing

post 23: doesn't want heury re-elimed D2. heury as AS due to tactics. wam and Snide votable, patzer looks townier
post 24: welcomes 7en

aside: I do remember Peaceful Whale, specifically there was one game where it was a joke that everybody was claiming they had not done something or other to him (don't recall exactly what)

post 25: prefers eliming mafia over AS, doesn't like wam's "stagnant" play
post 26: response to jimbob for more detailed read of his post
post 27: fluff
post 28: reads post. of live players, jimbob bf town, 7en AS, Snide cult, patzer wam scummy

A more nuanced list because he's been paying attention to multiple factions all game

post 29: open call for questions
post 30: asks 7en about her cult!somi theory, response re bessie wanting a different playmate, some 7en reference
post 31: wants patzer to expand her claim, underline vote Snide
post 32: repeats to patzer that eliminating 7en for a flip isn't worth wasting an elim
post 33: unofficial vote count
post 34: alternative interpretaion re patzer, voting deal with bessie, sarcasm from LG about his potentially being culted
post 35: prefers eliming patzer over me
post 36: response to boomfrog about 7en's claim, doesn't matter if 7en is lying can still work around them
post 37: vote check
post 38: wants to know from jimbob who he thinks is the cult as it's really important
post 39: 7en not cult
post 40: correction, 7en not cult leader
post 41&42: last minute vote herding comments

LaserGuy thinking he has 7en well enough pegged that he says we should focus on more dangerous targets is a level of confidence that I find impressive.

D3
post 43: flat why reaction to 7en's kill claim
post 44: thinks she could have used it better
post 45: asks wam about patzer being the AS
post 46: asks somi about his wam read, somi and Snide who they would have killed
post 47: 7en not votable due to mechanics
So based on interactions and reasoning, I'm liking LG a lot. Aside from that one ping, Cynical View also likes his level of paranoia and keeping his eye on all factions. End result is +4.5
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

wam
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
post 1: RV Sabrar, LaserGuy's reads "early"
post 2: slight correction to post 1
post 3: question's heury's choice of target, no boomgambit NAI, LG being LG, heury following town meta

Silliness seems to be taken a bit farther than usual, such that some players thought it was serious mechanics checking not taken far enough

post 4: poking heury about pretending to be town
post 5: asks heury about his declared non-voting Snide
post 6: half joking reads based on his RV, wants heury to expand his read of Snide
post 7: town lean on somi for pressure voting heury. patzer heury snide scum, bf LG town

Also quoted in this post, bessie's comment confirming my recollection in the analysis on post 3

post 8: read on Snide is based on Snide's reads list as newbie scum
post 9: asks Suzaku why he doesn't read patzer as more strongly scum
post 10: also wants more from him about bessie
post 11: misapprehension of Suzaku's reads vs. TS list postiioning
post 12: questions patzer on activity->towniness, awaits jimbob's case
post 13: violent agreement with LG poking heury, apparently jimbob did a gambit
post 14: reads post. jimbob LG town, bessie neutral, heury patzer snide scum. votes heury
post 15: vote total notice
post 16: fluff
post 17: curious about LG not voting

Some content, diluted a bit by interspersing two or three line posts. interaction mostly with heury, small amount with Suzaku

D2
post 18: patzer hammer accidental. suggests not voting until noon in case of flips
post 19: morning action required by rules, supports mafia uncultable theory
post 20: wants to answer jimbob's question to Snide
post 21: says he left off the sarcasm tag from post 20
post 22: full explanation of the whole reason for unrecruitable mafia
post 23: discussion with bessie re end of D1 antics, wants bf's reads, expand Snide's read of somi
post 24: TS list, substantially same as previous

Given the lack of flips and the solidified groupthink, this is marginally tolerable

post 25: curious about others finding LG less than perfectly townie
post 26: wants bf more involved. accuses bessie of knowing heury was going to be rezzed, votes heury
post 27: pedantic post
post 28: heury rez most likely intentional, done by bessie
post 29: justifies his ideas on mafia having a rez power based of his Chaos game from a while back

As I was in it, I too remember this game, or rather I have flashback to this game. *shudder*

post 30: agrees with LG about double elim, missed Suzaku post about not getting in a post before D1 hammer, asks me about heury not posting
post 31: asks mod about replacing heury
post 32: wondering who would replace into heury's slot
post 33: welcomes 7en, asks her why she shouldn't be elimed
post 34: correction
post 35: asks patzer about "conversion"
post 36: fluff
post 37: spec patzer cult because of being clueless about cult

Seems to me what cult does should be obvious in the name

post 38: asks 7en about post 37
post 39: in response to 7en, auto-rez -> AS, patzer trying to look town, LG had fast reads for non-bessie players, TS list with jimbob LG town, patzer 7en scum, votes patzer
post 40: wants patzer to claim
post 41: refutes patzer on no more rezzes as Suzaku still not flipped
post 42: fluff
post 43: deductions from patzer's "mafia-only" cop, could also been scum!patzer
post 44: patzer risks counterclaim
post 45: unvote
post 46: discussion with jimbob about mafia!patzer claiming cop as part of a ploy to get town cop
post 47: question to patzer about vulnerability to flavor
post 48: telling patzer it's better for town if mafia use up NK on outed cop
post 49: questions me about wanting Snide elim over somi
post 50: looking at votables
post 51: pinged because I apparently favor keeping somi over Snide
post 52: asks me about my read of somi as AS
post 53: wants flip of somi to test me
post 54: present
post 55: how patzer can fake a cop
post 56: agrees with bessie's setup spec
post 57: votes patzer, check cult number morning D3, no vote on moody
post 58: correction to above
post 59: town has rez power else Suzaku filps, mafia rez OP, cult rez OP
post 60: 7en not cult leader
post 61: fluff
post 62: agrees with LG about 7en not being cult
post 63: despite jimbob, patzer confusion about cult put on due to being cult leader
post 64: present
post 65: getting cult recruit also good
post 66: who all wants to elim somi

Expanded interaction to bessie, jimbob, patzer (Cynical View here: interesting how he's interacting with the eventual elim both days). The stream of consciousness posting at the end of day gets a little hard to parse thoroughly

D3
post 67: Asks 7en about shooting boomfrog instead of her elim target of somi, 7en very sus
post 68: patzer truthful except in case of 7en recruit
post 69: survivor!patzer doesn't know LG isn't mafia unlike mafia!patzer
post 70: refuting 7en's PoE that someone in the circle is lying
post 71: asking somi and Snide for thoughts D3
post 72: asks for snap read by somi on patzer, my post-by-post
post 73: asks 7en for sober posting
post 74: wants another cute pic from bessie
Okay, so deeper interactions aren't as broad as I would like, and his reads are a bit stale even when they were updated at all. Result is -0.5 with the caveat that, in the reverse of bessie, I am not really worried about wam until he hits -1.5 to -2.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

LaserGuy wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:53 pm Also, Seven can't be cult and unless mafia has two kills he can't be mafia, so we aren't yeeting him today.
Actually, I take this back. There may be some scenarios where yeeting Seven (assuming his Survivor claim is true, which I think it probably is) makes some sense. For example, it may be worthwhile for both Town and mafia to try to root out the indy factions today and simplify to a normal LYLO-ish scenario (plus or minus some resurrection shenanigans). In this scenario, it's probably better to yeet Seven and have mafia take a shot at cult leader since they have a higher probability of getting a correct hit on cult.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

LaserGuy wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:36 am
LaserGuy wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:53 pm Also, Seven can't be cult and unless mafia has two kills he can't be mafia, so we aren't yeeting him today.
Actually, I take this back. There may be some scenarios where yeeting Seven (assuming his Survivor claim is true, which I think it probably is) makes some sense. For example, it may be worthwhile for both Town and mafia to try to root out the indy factions today and simplify to a normal LYLO-ish scenario (plus or minus some resurrection shenanigans). In this scenario, it's probably better to yeet Seven and have mafia take a shot at cult leader since they have a higher probability of getting a correct hit on cult.
I'm not survivor.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Also you should claim since you haven't done anything these past 3 days.
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

I'm trying to figure out how you don't know what /s means when bessie has used it several times in the past.
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

somitomi wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:52 pm I agree that Boomfrog was nowhere near suspicious enough to get shot, so I'd like to hear that as well. Jimbob makes even less sense for town vig, so both kills came from scum and with Seven owning up to it, seems like he is actually responsible for BoomFrog.
This makes no sense. @BoomFrog how is somi townie?
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Whered you go Laser
Seven (she, him, their)
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Seven wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:35 am Also you should claim since you haven't done anything these past 3 days.
I will claim at the same time as everyone else.
Seven wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:33 am I'm not survivor.
Right, and, as Town, you came to the conclusion that rather than shooting one of the three or four scummy slots that we were having trouble sorting you were going to shoot an active townie player?
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Why do you keep leaving.

heuristically_alone
BoomFrog

patzer - wouldn't vote moody to save self
jimbob - not survivor cause was playing with too much gust, not cult because start of day count, not mafia because was killed

bessie - obv town or most manipulative scum player in existence
the snide sniper - obv town, needs prods

laserguy - played strong day one and so has been coasting from that. Pretended (?) to think my claim was real? @ laser can you explain this

suzaku - could be anything but cult

wam - voted Pat over moody. Only person who would kill suzaku n1

moody7277 - only person that thinks I'm town. TMI possibly. Booms legacy

somitomi - incredibly scummy
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Ignore the why do you keep leaving I forgot to remove that line after you posted
Seven (she, him, their)
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

I am watching a show and am refreshing the thread occasionally.
Seven wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:18 am laserguy - played strong day one and so has been coasting from that. Pretended (?) to think my claim was real? @ laser can you explain this
I have thought you were survivor since early D2. Nothing you have done so far has convinced me otherwise. Are you going to tell me why you shot Boom, or should I just vote for you?
Wam

Post by Wam »

Seven wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:48 am
LaserGuy wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:36 am I feel like maybe there were other places that shot could have been used that might have been more useful.
Will explain my not logic som other time as I am under the influence currently
Still waiting

LaserGuy wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:36 am
This is where I was coming from I dont see how we can leave seven around. I think get rid of them and hopefully will clear up some of the mess.

vote seven

An incentive to explain your logic

@seven why am I the only one who would shoot suzaku?
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

LaserGuy wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:35 am I am watching a show and am refreshing the thread occasionally.
Seven wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:18 am laserguy - played strong day one and so has been coasting from that. Pretended (?) to think my claim was real? @ laser can you explain this
I have thought you were survivor since early D2. Nothing you have done so far has convinced me otherwise.
This isnt what I'm asking about. You pretended to think I actually claimed survivor
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Seven wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:02 pm I'm out of town for the weekend and typing mobile is the worst, so nothing substantial until I get home.
@wam
Seven (she, him, their)
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Seven wrote:moody7277 - only person that thinks I'm town. TMI possibly. Booms legacy
a. Even if that were true, it still wouldn't save you. I thought the slot was scummy as hell when heury was filling it, and I was giving you a courtesy day to see if it was just him or the slot

b.. So your saying that not even you think your town? That's a hell of a confession.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

moody7277 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:22 pm
Seven wrote:moody7277 - only person that thinks I'm town. TMI possibly. Booms legacy
a. Even if that were true, it still wouldn't save you. I thought the slot was scummy as hell when heury was filling it, and I was giving you a courtesy day to see if it was just him or the slot

b.. So your saying that not even you think your town? That's a hell of a confession.
I don't understand b. a is also not relevant, it's about your mindset. You considered that I could be town!zen who mishot, and you were thinking of me as not-survivor yesterday when wam asked you about it.
Seven (she, him, their)
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

I guess I forgot the /s tag on point b. Town viges misshoot a lot because of lack of info. However, the player I am trusting the most in this game thinks you're a Survivor so I'm going to go with that. Which brings up some interesting math: Survivor + kill + win trumps any other faction = SK , or close enough in my book,

Vote: seven
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

moody7277 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:38 pm I guess I forgot the /s tag on point b. Town viges misshoot a lot because of lack of info. However, the player I am trusting the most in this game thinks you're a Survivor so I'm going to go with that. Which brings up some interesting math: Survivor + kill + win trumps any other faction = SK , or close enough in my book,

Vote: seven
A bit eager there. You're starting to do the thing I was talking with boom about yesterday.
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Also, for the record boom probably investigated moody in some fashion hence his adamant push on him yesterday despite the case being weak.
Seven (she, him, their)
Wam

Post by Wam »

Seven wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:06 pm
Seven wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:02 pm I'm out of town for the weekend and typing mobile is the worst, so nothing substantial until I get home.
@wam
I know just making sure it doesn't get forgotten.
Seven wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:53 pm Also, for the record boom probably investigated moody in some fashion hence his adamant push on him yesterday despite the case being weak.
Really and why didnt boom claim? Or bring it up earlier in the day?

Let's ask boom, on wait you shot them.
Wam

Post by Wam »

can we have a prod on snide?

I also mentioned it to the mods by pm but I'm going to have very limited internet access from sat morning to tuesday ish.
madge

Post by madge »

It is the morning.

Dusk starts in about 4.5 days.

Votals:
Seven (2) - wam, moody

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 to eliminate.

Snide has been prodded; could have sworn they'd mentioned being AFK for a while but can't see evidence anywhere.
madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Wam wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:11 pm
Seven wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:06 pm
@wam
I know just making sure it doesn't get forgotten.
Seven wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:53 pm Also, for the record boom probably investigated moody in some fashion hence his adamant push on him yesterday despite the case being weak.
Really and why didnt boom claim? Or bring it up earlier in the day?

Let's ask boom, on wait you shot them.
Your defense of moody is noted.
Seven (she, him, their)
Wam

Post by Wam »

@seven your assumption that me questioning your latest ridiculous assertion means I think moody is town is noted.

For the record

Town -laser
Anti town - seven

By POE there must be 2 or 3 anti town in the remaining 4 of somi, moody, bessie snide. Gut says somi, snide and one of moody/bessie if theres 3 in there.