Halloween Mafia 2021 - The Party Trap - Day 7

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some forum-based games.
The Snide Sniper
Site Admin

Re: Halloween Mafia 2021 - The Party Trap

Post by The Snide Sniper »

patzer wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:41 am Well this is annoying. I was hoping we'd get some new information in finding out about who heury was, but evidently not.

I'll try to analyse what I think of everyone now in the morning.
It's been almost a day and you haven't said anything. ETA on this?
LaserGuy wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:44 pm
The Snide Sniper wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:35 am "Something about his vibes" was a pretty big understatement and that seemed like it could be a mafia member trying to follow the bandwagon without putting his fellow mafia in too harsh a light.

But when I did a read on heury, it looked less like he was trying to squirm out of a scum accusation and more that he was trying to backpedal from a faux pas. However, with reading through his posts again I think I overlooked his later posts which have much stronger scummy vibes. (which is why I actually voted for him)
But at the time you made this read on patzer, you said heury could just be clueless Town. So why do you give patzer a hard time for hedging on his read when you were doing a similar thing at the same time?
The main difference is that patzer was almost completely ignoring heury's scummy vibes. I was not. I was pointing out how he might seem a bit scummy at first glance but not with a deeper reading.
bessie wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:45 am
The Snide Sniper wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:59 am But when I did a read on heury, it looked less like he was trying to squirm out of a scum accusation and more that he was trying to backpedal from a faux pas. However, with reading through his posts again I think I overlooked his later posts which have much stronger scummy vibes. (which is why I actually voted for him)
When did you do this reread, which showed heury’s later posts in a much scummier light?
When I made that vote actually. I was going to explain it in that post, but I think I forgot to do that. (I don't have much time left to write this post though so the actual explanation will probably have to wait until tomorrow)
Wam wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:38 am @snide sniper can you please elaborate your somi read?
Not much to say really. They haven't posted much and nothing they've said really sticks out as being scummy. I haven't done a very in-depth reading, though, so if you think there's something that gives off strong scum or town vibes I might change my mind.
If I disappear from the forum, I can still be reached via the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.
madge

Post by madge »

It is noon.

Heuristically_Alone has been resurrected! They may now post again.

Nobody is voting.

Dusk starts in about 6 days.

madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
jimbobmacdoodle

Post by jimbobmacdoodle »

somitomi wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:08 pm I wouldn't really expect much from a wagon analysis without a flip, but this one feels a bit.. superficial I guess?
Care to elaborate why you find it superficial?
boomfrog wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:21 pm I originally typed scum but changed it to Mafia since only the Mafia has extra influence over the elimination vote since the other scum are single agents right now. Therefore only the Mafia is helped extra by passive voters. I like to be precise. Obviously cult leader would vote to preserve themselves but so would a townie.
Okay, thank you, that logic makes sense.
boomfrog wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:21 pm
madge wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:37 pm Per NAR, the kill happens before the recruit.
In this case Suzaku is almost certainly town (with a small chance of survivor). They can't be cult, they were likely eliminated by the Mafia and so baring craziness they aren't Mafia, and they didn't seem like they were trying to lay low so I doubt they are survivor. If anyone has a means to resurrect them, I doubt you will have a more townie target.
I don't disagree with your conclusion, but I want to know where your mind is at: you say barring craziness, Suzaku isn't Mafia. What sort of craziness would you suggest is possible? How likely do you think it might be?
bessie wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:07 am If you want I can post my notes to where I left off on D1.
Please do.
bessie wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:07 am
jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:02 am You're hard to read, so I don't find Suzaku's read of you particularly suspicious - in fact, he is my towniest read. I don't agree that it's a significant amount of his content - he posted reads and comments about several other players in between his discussion with you on it. I made a similar read of you. Do you think I'm planning on using it as an excuse to misread you too later on?
You might be. But you have attempted detailed reads of me in this game. Suzaku didn’t (other than saying I was hard to read and I was “very much on meta”).
Okay. Will reflect on this and may come back to it.
jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:02 am Wait, just reread your post, and I'm guessing the question was actually directed at the Facebook membership comment immediately below. Short version: no clue. I don't think it really confirms/denies much either way, since there aren't 19 or 12 player s, but there could be some other meaning. I think it's likely still just fluff though.
Ok. From my earlier discussion with you, I had theorized that the number might correlate with the number of cult members, like it would go up to 20 if there was a recruit and I thought you were thinking along the same lines. But the number went down significantly. I still think it means something; I can’t see it being entirely random.
Yeah, that was what I thought previously too, but I now don't know.

Is fluff purely fluff, or is there the potential for hidden clues within it?

This would also be useful to know re. the heury resurrection - was it a self-activated one or an action by another player? Fluff suggests there might have been influence from within the group, rather than heury themselves making the case.
LaserGuy wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:44 pm Somitomi answered your question (he has also since answered your follow-up). My question was for you. I'm trying to understand your perspective. But your evading my question has been noted.
Somi hadn’t answered my follow-up question at the time I made that post. Your attempt at misrepresenting this has been noted.[/quote]I don't agree that LaserGuy has attempted to misrepresent you here. Your attempt at misrepresentation has been noted ;)
madge wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:57 am Heuristically_Alone has been resurrected! They may now post again.
Hmmm...

Okay @heuristically_alone, you are in deep trouble already, unless anybody has any explanation for why you aren't scum (ideally coming from you yourself).

I could see this happening for a number of reasons, in likelihood order:
1) heuristically_alone has some sort of self-activated resurrection (either spontaneous or chosen when). This fits well with a Survivor, but also could work for most other factions (apart from maybe the Mafia for balance reasons, although even that's not impossible).
2) A scum player with a resurrection ability is trying to get Town to waste a vote.
4) A town or scum player accidentally resurrected heury. This could be a result of a redirection, naive action, forced action etc.3
3) A town player deliberately resurrected heury. If so why??

As noted before, due to the mod info about cult, heury is very unlikely to be cult. I did consider the possibility of a backup cult leader, but doubt it would have kicked in before a player could be resurrected.
madge

Post by madge »

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:29 am Is fluff purely fluff, or is there the potential for hidden clues within it?
Only bold text is guaranteed to be honest, straightforward, relevant and true.
Wam

Post by Wam »

boomfrog wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:21 pm
@wam: Why take the dead off your sorted list? Their alignment is still up for debate. Also why the random jab at me for a reads list? I made a list D1 and Bessie hasn't. We're you waiting for my list before you do something?
Why not take the dead off. They arent in the game at that point. Presumably can't be voted for although we haven't tested that. As to poking you I just felt that you were sitting in the background a bit and wanted to see where your head was at.
Wam wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:38 am @bessie I didnt mean to justify it I was trying to state that I can't see why scum patzer would hammer therefore it's more likely to be an accident.

I think it's odd your throwing shade for this? Especially when we don't know Huery's alignment. Hint of TMI

Bessie why do you think final thoughts from suzaku would help town?
Reread my post; I said me, Suzaku, and others. Because more content is almost always beneficial for town. Because it is useful to have everyone’s end of day thoughts regardless of alignment. Because if someone chooses not to post, that can give information too. I think its odd you’re throwing shade for this.
Why did you ask about Suzaku specifically and not state the question in general terms, or even in the terms I used?
Here's where I was going with this. Bessies whole paragraph is below.
bessie wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:45 amWell it prevented me, Suzaku and possibly others from posting final thoughts. I also think that the hammer was accidental brcause of the time stamps, but I find it interesting that you are coming up with reasons to justify what happened.
So no mention at all of last thoughts but Heury. Possibly others doesn't really seem to apply to me the person we just eliminated. My original thinking was this showed bessie knew Heury was scum and therefore his last thoughts were not of interest to town.

However, given heury has just be rezzed I'm wondering if the TMI here is that bessie knew Heury was going to be rezzed.

There was also a very weak indication of bessie knowing suzaku was town by mentioning wanting their last thoughts.

So moving onto the huery rez whoever did that in my view is acting in an anti town fashion. Other wise why rez the day 1 elimination which would provide town with a lot of useful data. Good news if we get rid of Heury again my reading of the rules below means we should get a flip.

2. No player can be resurrected more than once, by any means.

So vote huery
Wam

Post by Wam »

madge wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:34 am
jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:29 am Is fluff purely fluff, or is there the potential for hidden clues within it?
I'm going to be pedantic here as its not in bold but I assume the rules section is honest, straightforward, relevant and true?
madge

Post by madge »

Wam wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:24 am
I'm going to be pedantic here as its not in bold but I assume the rules section is honest, straightforward, relevant and true?
Whoops, yes.
patzer

Post by patzer »

Well, that wasn’t what I expected.
The obvious question now is who resurrected Heury?
Hypothesis 1: Heury is town. Who would have brought him back? No reason for anyone from town to do so. If we’ve got a resurrectionist surely they’d go for Suzaku absent any more information given our qualms about Heury.
Hypothesis 2: Heury is mafia. This can easily be explained by the mafia having a resurrection ability and bringing him back.
Hypothesis 3: Heury is cult. This is an intriguing one, as given we’ve got a halloween theme it would kind of make sense for there to be zombies in which case the cult could easily be the ones with resurrection power and able to bring back the dead while converting them to cultists. Of course this would kind of doom the cult once we notice what’s happening, but it’s a possibility. (The possibility of Heury originally being cult with the cult happening to have resurrection ability is also there but makes a bit less sense imo)

I’m really struggling to see any argument for a town!heury now tbh. @heury do you have any explanation of why you’re alive?

Okay so, time to dust off my old list and see what changes to make now.
The old list was thus,
1) Jimbob
2) Boomfrog
3) Moody
4) Somitomi
5) Bessie
6) Laserguy
7) Wam
8) Suzaku
9) Snide Sniper
10) heury

New list...

1) Suzaku (obvious one, given him being a mafia target)
2-9) will fill in in my next post just in case my ipad runs out of battery so I don’t lose this
10) Heury
jimbobmacdoodle

Wam wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:23 am
Wam wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:38 am @bessie I didnt mean to justify it I was trying to state that I can't see why scum patzer would hammer therefore it's more likely to be an accident.

I think it's odd your throwing shade for this? Especially when we don't know Huery's alignment. Hint of TMI

Bessie why do you think final thoughts from suzaku would help town?
Reread my post; I said me, Suzaku, and others. Because more content is almost always beneficial for town. Because it is useful to have everyone’s end of day thoughts regardless of alignment. Because if someone chooses not to post, that can give information too. I think its odd you’re throwing shade for this.
Why did you ask about Suzaku specifically and not state the question in general terms, or even in the terms I used?
Here's where I was going with this. Bessies whole paragraph is below.
bessie wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:45 amWell it prevented me, Suzaku and possibly others from posting final thoughts. I also think that the hammer was accidental brcause of the time stamps, but I find it interesting that you are coming up with reasons to justify what happened.
So no mention at all of last thoughts but Heury. Possibly others doesn't really seem to apply to me the person we just eliminated. My original thinking was this showed bessie knew Heury was scum and therefore his last thoughts were not of interest to town.

However, given heury has just be rezzed I'm wondering if the TMI here is that bessie knew Heury was going to be rezzed.
Interesting thoughts. How would you imagine bessie would know Heury was being rezzed?
So moving onto the huery rez whoever did that in my view is acting in an anti town fashion.
What do you think about my accidental or automatic rez thoughts above?

Aside: I'm wondering if Madge drew on what I think was her role in one of DJ's past Halloween games (she was dressed as a phoenix and got auto-rezzed after some time anytime she died), which would imply rezzes being implicit. I wouldn't be surprised if there's explicit powers too/instead though

@patzer - cult!heury is almost ruled out by mod confirmation that dead players don't show up in the cult numbers. Did you miss this? Also, what about scum with resurrection power?
Wam

Post by Wam »

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:49 am Interesting thoughts. How would you imagine bessie would know Heury was being rezzed?

What do you think about my accidental or automatic rez thoughts above?

Aside: I'm wondering if Madge drew on what I think was her role in one of DJ's past Halloween games (she was dressed as a phoenix and got auto-rezzed after some time anytime she died), which would imply rezzes being implicit. I wouldn't be surprised if there's explicit powers too/instead though
So trying to answer the questions in one go. I'm torn on the huery rez question you asked. Bessie could know as it's an auto mafia function or bessie could have rezzed a partner or a townie or some other mechanic I'm missing.

I think accidental is unlikely as for a redirection normally someone would have had to target Heury which would be odd.
jimbobmacdoodle

Wam wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:22 pmBessie could know as it's an auto mafia function
Are you suggesting that this might be an inate mafia factional power?
Wam

Post by Wam »

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:50 pm
Wam wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:22 pmBessie could know as it's an auto mafia function
Are you suggesting that this might be an inate mafia factional power?
It could be. Both madge and sabrar plated a game I ran years ago where certain anti town roles (Sk) survived the first 1or 2 deaths whether it was elim or nk as a balancing mechanism. I hesitate to reference that game though as I threw a pile of fun role ideas at it without thinking aout balance.

Issue for small games is always if town hit mafia day 1 it's a very log way back for mafia. So I could see something like. "If either of you are eliminated day 1 or day 2 you will be resurrected at noon. " being part of the factional power. Or I could be completely wrong.
jimbobmacdoodle

Okay, thanks. My original reading of your earlier comment was that you thought bessie knew heury's role, because she's his buddy, but then IIRC from the rules posts, mafia only have night chat, so she couldn't, and this would have been a not-Mafia slip from you. I still think you're town, FWIW.

I don't think heury is a mafia buddy with bessie, by the way - the timing of bessie's vote on him was too critical, when she might have been able to swing a wagon in completely the other direction. That being said, if Mafia had an effective lynch immunity through resurrection, she might have been willing to hard bus heury. It doesn't feel right to me though.
The Snide Sniper
Site Admin

Hmm, I wonder what the flavor would be for resurrecting someone who was nightkilled. Something along the lines of "I'll pay you double to come back", maybe?
This doesn't actually answer the question. Could the flavor have hidden clues within it?
jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:29 am 3) A town player deliberately resurrected heury. If so why??
Could be that they wanted flip results, but this still isn't very likely.

As promised, my heurivote explanation:
heuristically_alone wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:55 pm Kinda sucks when the number one reason you're being scum read is because you're trying to share your honest opinion.
This overly defensive, moreso than a townie would likely be, although I'm not too familiar with the meta.
heuristically_alone wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:36 am I'm currently undecided of Boomfrog is scum taking advantage of my slightly scummy appearance right now, or if this is Boomfrog who thinks they laid a trap and actually caught a scum. Thinking more about it, the latter seems more likely.
heuristically_alone wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:55 pm Kinda sucks when the number one reason you're being scum read is because you're trying to share your honest opinion.
I'm not quite sure, but these posts seems to be trying to insinuate that he's town without actually saying it, which seems quite scummy.
heuristically_alone wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:53 pm
Wam wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:19 pm
heuristically_alone wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:54 pm Yeah snide sniper is not gonna be my vote today.
Why?
This is funny coming from you. Answer, because I only vote for people I think are scum.
Seems needlessly aggressive.
heuristically_alone wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:53 pm
jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:04 pm Everything somitomi has said so far is making me read town on him.
You should read his last game. He was mafia and everyone was town reading him out the get go. So I am wary of his town tone right now.
Unless I'm reading this wrong, he seems to be saying "somitomi looks like town, therefore he is scum", which just sounds like marinating.
If I disappear from the forum, I can still be reached via the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

I really hope we're not going to have to yeet everyone twice this game. I'm not opposed to yeeting heury again in principle so we can at least have a result, but it feels kind of a waste.
LaserGuy wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:44 pm Somitomi answered your question (he has also since answered your follow-up). My question was for you. I'm trying to understand your perspective. But your evading my question has been noted.
Somi hadn’t answered my follow-up question at the time I made that post. Your attempt at misrepresenting this has been noted. So to answer your question, we have four factions but at this time we only have one non-town team. So I do think it is possible to scum hunt for the team.
I don't disagree that it is possible to scum hunt for the team. I just don't understand why you would expect that a player's reads will necessarily reflect whether they think two specific players are likely/unlikely to be on a team, when they could both be scum independent of each other.

If you ask someone something, I will wait until it is answered before I comment on it. I'm not going to wait until after a follow-up or a follow-up of a follow-up.
patzer wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:40 am Well, that wasn’t what I expected.
The obvious question now is who resurrected Heury?
Hypothesis 1: Heury is town. Who would have brought him back? No reason for anyone from town to do so. If we’ve got a resurrectionist surely they’d go for Suzaku absent any more information given our qualms about Heury.
Hypothesis 2: Heury is mafia. This can easily be explained by the mafia having a resurrection ability and bringing him back.
Hypothesis 3: Heury is cult. This is an intriguing one, as given we’ve got a halloween theme it would kind of make sense for there to be zombies in which case the cult could easily be the ones with resurrection power and able to bring back the dead while converting them to cultists. Of course this would kind of doom the cult once we notice what’s happening, but it’s a possibility. (The possibility of Heury originally being cult with the cult happening to have resurrection ability is also there but makes a bit less sense imo)
Any particular reason that you didn't consider the anti-social survivor as a possibility here? Interesting. Though actually, the more detailed speculation on the cult here also gives me kind of TMI-wrong vibes (intentionally describing an understood mechanic incorrectly).
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Given that pretty much everyone was seeing heury as scum, I see no reason why town would have voluntarily rezzed him, so it was either scum trying to waste an elim on town!heury or get their teammate back (IDK, maybe because they're lonely) or it was involuntary/based on heury's role. In any event, I am ready to permavote heury this time.

patzer's one meatier post from D2 has a rehash of her previous reads with the main difference of town!Suazku and hypotheses about heury. I find number 3 easy to refute: we started D1 with 1 cult, heury was not available either to recruit or be recruited, we started D2 with 1 cultist, and this has not been updated in the noon posting. Nothing here to get her out of the votables pool.

Other than Suzaku being at a +10, I think I'd move LG and jimbob up to a +4 with other people more or less where they'd been at last read.
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:29 amyou say barring craziness, Suzaku isn't Mafia. What sort of craziness would you suggest is possible? How likely do you think it might be?
This is a crazy game. Suzaku could be "mafia phoenix" who can choose to be eliminated any night and come back 1 Day later. They may have withheld the NE or used it on Suzaku intentionally in order to secure super town cred for Suzaku when they come back. I think that's very unlikely and I don't think we should entertain such a paranoid concern because that way lies madness. There could be redirectors, but I actually think that there's enough craziness that the mods would not throw the total chaos of redirects into a setup like this. I find the pheonix theory more likely then a redirect. A town vigilante seems very unlikely as I don't think anyone could seriously suggest Suzaku was the best pot shot to take.
Wam wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:23 am Why not take the dead off. They arent in the game at that point. Presumably can't be voted for although we haven't tested that. As to poking you I just felt that you were sitting in the background a bit and wanted to see where your head was at.
The point of the lists is a efficient way for others to know what you are thinking. Since the alignment of the "eliminated" is still a relevant game question, I'd like to know where you head is at on them. It's one more thing to analyze and it's worth analyzing since some players have powers to interact with the "currently eliminated". For example, my opinion on Suzaku's townieness went up when they were elimed. That fact might be interesting to others. If you had posted about that, moving Suzaku to the top of your list that would have been useful info for me to analyze you. Too late now though.

The poke is fair, I have been hanging back D2.
patzer wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:40 am Hypothesis 3: Heury is cult. This is an intriguing one, as given we’ve got a halloween theme it would kind of make sense for there to be zombies in which case the cult could easily be the ones with resurrection power and able to bring back the dead while converting them to cultists. Of course this would kind of doom the cult once we notice what’s happening, but it’s a possibility. (The possibility of Heury originally being cult with the cult happening to have resurrection ability is also there but makes a bit less sense imo)
Unlikely, if the cult could recruit by resurrection then I'm sure they would have picked Suzaku to pretend their rez is townie. That would be a cool mechanic for a cult though to only rez eliminated people. Actually, that's a little too perfect for this game. Maybe they have to target at night but it takes effect at noon?

Will we get an updated Cult count toDay or only at the start of each Day?
LaserGuy wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:05 pmThough actually, the more detailed speculation on the cult here also gives me kind of TMI-wrong vibes (intentionally describing an understood mechanic incorrectly).
This is an interesting point. I have a counter point but I'd like to hear from patzer first. @patzer: Why is zombie flavor plausible when we already know the flavor of the cult?

Top of my head list:
Town:
suzaku
laserguy
jimbob
wam

Contains 2-3 scum:
moody7277
somitomi
bessie
the snide sniper
patzer

Scum:
heuristically_alone

Yes, that's in order. Bessie's notes will hopefully help sort her. Somi and moody feel townish but I need more strong opinions from them. My reads say that TSS, patzer and Heuy are all scum, but that is setting off my "too easy" detector. Still, re-eliming Heuy to get a flip has to be the best plan toDay unless someone has something shocking to say.
somitomi

Post by somitomi »

Oh boy, I am having a hard time focusing.
bessie wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:07 am Because as you said, he did it with great success in WWZ mafia, and do you think he would bus BoomFrog since that was his only scum read?
Evidently not, I mentioned having the impression that Heury was doing the opposite of WWZ in my response to Jimbob. You seem to think that I considered Heury bussing a likely option and I still don't get where that's coming from.
And do you have any comment on the rest of my post?
Not really. I wasn't consciously doing anything of the sort, but I don't really know how I could convince you.
jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:29 am Care to elaborate why you find it superficial?
Maybe the problem is that there wasn't much to analyse with only two wagons, but it feels a little formulaic to me. Moody's only taking the votes themselves into consideration here without examining the progressions leading up to them.
Wam wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:23 am Why not take the dead off. They arent in the game at that point. Presumably can't be voted for although we haven't tested that. As to poking you I just felt that you were sitting in the background a bit and wanted to see where your head was at.
Well, until we have a flip the alignment of dead people is just as much up for discussion as any live players are. Just because they can't do a thing doesn't mean new information can't put their actions in new light, so why take them off the list?
Vote: Suzaku
Why not test this yourself though?
moody7277 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:46 pm Given that pretty much everyone was seeing heury as scum, I see no reason why town would have voluntarily rezzed him, so it was either scum trying to waste an elim on town!heury or get their teammate back (IDK, maybe because they're lonely) or it was involuntary/based on heury's role. In any event, I am ready to permavote heury this time.
I don't really see why mafia would willingly revive town-heury. Just pushes them back to square one and potentially undoes the successful miselim.
i am doing a computers on the inters webses
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

@somi:

They're not exactly at square one. Suzaku is still un-rezzed, and unless he's the AS he is town. Heury is still seen by everyone as scummy as hell, so he is most likely to be the elim toDay, if nothing else just to get a friggin flip. This would leave scum mostly unlooked for and give them a free night of mischief. We're likely at 6-2-1-1, unless Suzaku was the AS in which case we're at 7-2-1. By dawn of D3 with a heury re-elim, the worst case scenario is 3-2-2-1 (I'm assuming rezzes only happen at noon). Things that could affect that: town aligned vig, unrecruitables, scum NKing the recruit, other crazy Madge imponderables.
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

boomfrog wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:09 pm Will we get an updated Cult count toDay or only at the start of each Day?
Cult count is only given at day-start.
The Snide Sniper wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:39 pm Could the flavor have hidden clues within it?
There are no clues in the flavor that we want players to find.
madge

Post by madge »

Votals:
Heuri (1) - wam

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to eliminate.

Dusk starts in about 5 days, 7 hours.

The Snide Sniper wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:39 pm
This doesn't actually answer the question. Could the flavor have hidden clues within it?
I am aware that doesn't actually answer the question.

Random asides, all may read:
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
One thing about forum mafia is that mods don't always answer questions :). Oh, and that different mods might give different answers to the same question! :)
moody7277 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:33 pm other crazy Madge imponderables.
If the cult wins, I'm modding a game with 0 oversight from Sabrar, and that will be the title.
bessie

Post by bessie »

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:29 am
bessie wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:07 am If you want I can post my notes to where I left off on D1.
Please do.
Ok. This is where I was at on Sunday when I made this post . I probably had only copied things from my old posts and hadn’t gotten too far with a new reread.

BoomFrog
Don’t like that Suzaku’s case on The Snide Sniper changed BoomFrog from scum leaning Snide Sniper to townleaning him. Also that he assigned town points to Suzaku for it.

Heury
Made an early townread of jimbob that I did not agree with, and he did not answer my question as to why the same comment could not be a mafia-tell.
Requested BoomFrog meta, which I provided and he never acknowledged, possibly because it did not support his reason for scum reading BoomFrog.
Also requested Wam meta and the request has the same feel, like it is to possibly support a scum read. Refer to this post .

Jimbobmacdoodle
Did he answer my question here? viewtopic.php?p=7488#p7488
I think the early gambit is likely townie.

LaserGuy
Agree with most of his thoughts.

Moody7277
Decent content.

Patzer
Needs some updated reads now that there is more content.
Early reads list.
Town-scum list. viewtopic.php?p=7285#p7285
Many of the scum leans are based on activity, which is suspect because the list was posted on Page 4 and there was enough activity by then.
Later claims on page 5 that she didn’t have much to go on.

Somitomi
Interesting that he is linking heury and Snide Sniper.

Suzaku
Interesting amount of his content is about how he can’t read me, I think this is an excuse for misreading me later.
Disagree on his Snide Sniper reasoning.
Note that he answered BoomFrog’s question to The Snide Sniper re mafia gambit.

The Snide Sniper
Newbie. Give an additional day.

Wam
Something not right about the militant atheist joke, mostly because he did not leave his vote on a mod long enough to prove it was a joke and because he assigned town points to BoomFrog for commenting.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:29 am I don't agree that LaserGuy has attempted to misrepresent you here. Your attempt at misrepresentation has been noted ;)
I don’t agree. Your defense of LaserGuy has been noted. ;)

Wam wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:23 am

There was also a very weak indication of bessie knowing suzaku was town by mentioning wanting their last thoughts.
Heury hadn’t posted in two days (since 4:30 Friday my time) and I wasn’t thinking that he would post Sunday night. He still hasn’t posted.
I was expecting Suzuku to post sometime in the last few hours of D1 because of his time zone.
And, later after end of day, Suzuku posted in the Gojoe thread that that he was writing a post at hammer, and that post is regrettably unspoilered. I try not to let outside things like that affect my gameplay, but I guess it was in the back of my mind, knowing that he was going to post, so it came out in my game post on D2.

patzer wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:40 am New list...

1) Suzaku (obvious one, given him being a mafia target)
2-9) will fill in in my next post just in case my ipad runs out of battery so I don’t lose this
10) Heury
Some thoughts on some players besides heury would be nice too.

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:29 am 3) A town player deliberately resurrected heury. If so why??
We only get flips on eliminated players, not live players.

LaserGuy wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:05 pm I don't disagree that it is possible to scum hunt for the team. I just don't understand why you would expect that a player's reads will necessarily reflect whether they think two specific players are likely/unlikely to be on a team, when they could both be scum independent of each other.
On D1, I think it would be easier for the two non-mafia non-town to play like town. Later in the game, cult would play like a team, and the survivor might show signs of not so much scum hunting as just looking for eliminations.

somitomi wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:11 pm Not really. I wasn't consciously doing anything of the sort, but I don't really know how I could convince you.
Noted for now.

Sabrar wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:35 pm There are no clues in the flavor that we want players to find.
Your careful choice of words is also noted. :mrgreen:
The Snide Sniper
Site Admin

bessie wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:58 am
We only get flips on eliminated players, not live players.
But the town could eliminate them again and get a flip, because players can't be resurrected twice.

(It feels stupid to pursue this line of reasoning but I apparently decided to do it anyway.)
boomfrog

Post by boomfrog »

bessie wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:58 am I don’t agree. Your defense of LaserGuy has been noted. ;)
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

I'm on holidays for the next couple days. I will try to keep up with the thread but don't expect much out of me until after the weekend.