Halloween Mafia 2021 - The Party Trap - Day 7

What you're all really here for.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Re: Halloween Mafia 2021 - The Party Trap - Day 4

Post by Seven »

Also if I was mafia vig why the hell would I claim to have shot Boomfrog lol. I would have just kept it secret.
Seven (she, him, their)
aka Zen, Xivii, Hari Seldon, Ro Laren, Spirit, Khepri, Kamina
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

sorry for the pentapost but this is hilariously prophetic considering where we are now
LaserGuy wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:45 pm Oh, haha, I see.

You both should play then. Madge/Sabrar can make you lynchers of each other and we can figure out which is the one true Zen :)
Seven (she, him, their)
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Seven wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:14 am
LaserGuy wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:45 am
Seven wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:54 am Oh wait Jim hammered me? Yeah I was town. You guys are really overthinking this.
Seven wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:14 am Nevermind, was skimming.
I see.
No I'm not trying to fake town slip.
I didn't say you were. I don't think you would actually bother attempting something like that if you felt you were caught dead to rights, but I don't think I've ever seen you caught as scum so I may be wrong about that.
Can you be more specific? The weird vibes probably are from Zenni2 because he's scum. Also, I thought you said it was because you thought I was trying to help him with his claim? If you figured it was the alt thing, then?
The impression I had was that Z-TSS had fumbled what he was supposed to claim, so you came out overly aggressive but also weirdly offkey in the hopes of correcting the record without making it look like Z-TSS had slipped. I'm not sure really how to explain it better because it was more just a vibe than anything else.
LaserGuy wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:45 am If Town is powered enough I don't think a mafia vig is impossible in principle. There was one in SumtingSumting and Town had awful powers.
That was a large game and it wasn't made by Sabrar. I just can't imagine Sabrar giving town a self-reviving faction cop with a mafia cop on top of that.[/quote]

You may be right. I don't disagree that Z-TSS is probably scum.
I'm not sure why you don't think he is cult? He's not mafia, his mafia partner wouldn't allow him to claim that when there was already a claimed cop and he never counter claimed. I don't understand why cultHim would claim either, but the alternative, that the role exists as town, is less believable.
I think it's more likely that somitomi was, in fact, cult leader (as I suggested above, I think his lack of flip may be related to this). I think that explains the lack of recruiting better, and more thematically, than someone having a night recruit and just failing repeatedly at it due to bad luck.
Seven wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:17 am Also to be clear, I don't think it is a safe claim, I think it's his actual ability. A cult leader with a faction cop ability. That doesn't mean it's safe to claim, it's just his role.
But then his results are probably true. It's possible he's fudging something or other, but it's more likely (especially TSS) would just report the results accurately in hopes of cozying up to Town and not getting yeeted.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

I think it's more likely that somitomi was, in fact, cult leader (as I suggested above, I think his lack of flip may be related to this). I think that explains the lack of recruiting better, and more thematically, than someone having a night recruit and just failing repeatedly at it due to bad luck.
The way Somi had just come out with his claim that he recruited Suzaku though. We had already been speculating that cult leader may be a necromancer. I don't think cult!somi claims unprompted in that case knowing good and well that the number would increase the next day. He had also been hinting since day 1 that there was a reviver. Also the way he worded his claim leads me to believe that his resurrection ability was 1-shot (or restricted in some way). As for why he hasn't flipped, it's probably that there is at least one more reviver role among us (likely mafia has this one) and they have some condition similar to yours for the revival, like maybe they can only revive someone without abilities. If somi used up his only ability then he'd meet the condition whereas Pat would not, for example.
But then his results are probably true. It's possible he's fudging something or other, but it's more likely (especially TSS) would just report the results accurately in hopes of cozying up to Town and not getting yeeted.
I 100% think he's reporting his actual results. I just think that mafia manipulated results N2 in some way.
Seven (she, him, their)
madge

Post by madge »

Votals:

Seven (1) - Zenni
Zenni (1) - Seven

Assuming votals don't change, Seven will get eliminated per the tie rules (first to reach the current value of 1 vote).

Not voting: moody7277, Suzaku, Wam, jimbob, LaserGuy

With seven players alive, four votes required to elim.

Deadline in about an hour.

madge, ratammer's ponywife, she/her
Plug: my vampire romance novel is finished!
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Seven wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:53 am I'm sorry it's made your read change on me, I really meant to avoid that going forward from that game. But man you really shouldn't be letting such a small thing taint your read, you were just 90% sure I was town the other day. How are you gonna let one misunderstanding overshadow everything else to the point where you are basing all of your reads on the idea that I'm mafia smh. Like bro as scum I'm just not gonna "slip" like that lol, I'm much more attentive and deliberate as scum. Compare NNY, Witchhunt, Sumting Mafia to my play here, WWZ, Apex Legends, etc.
Well, last time we played I was convinced you were scum based on something similar and it turned out to be wrong, so at least I'm consistent.
Seven wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:59 am I 100% think he's reporting his actual results. I just think that mafia manipulated results N2 in some way.
Guess we'll find out. Hopefully we'll get a flip.

2x Vote: Zenni
jimbobmacdoodle

Post by jimbobmacdoodle »

I'm up and phone posting. Not much that I feel like responding to from overnight, apart from this:
Seven wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:54 am Oh wait Jim hammered me? Yeah I was town. You guys are really overthinking this.
@Seven, if you thought my underline vote was hammer, why did you post?
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

(im actually scared af now of being wrong)
Seven (she, him, their)
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:24 am I'm up and phone posting. Not much that I feel like responding to from overnight, apart from this:
@Seven, if you thought my underline vote was hammer, why did you post?
That's my bad, I'm not used to that rule. Everywhere else I play you can continue posting after hammer.
Seven (she, him, their)
jimbobmacdoodle

Urrgghh, my head is spinning with too many options, and I don't think anything other than voting off one of Zenii/TSS or Seven is going to help clear things up for me. Going right back to my initial D1 reads, I had TSS as town and heury as scum. The only thing that really pushed me to remove Seven from the Mafia pool is my feelings about a Mafia member unlikely to have an additional kill. The lack of town claims for the other kill N2 means one of:
a) Seven is town being truthful, and Mafia killed me.
b) Seven is Mafia and being truthful and Mafia used the factional kill on me (and my game balance sense doesn't match Sabrar's).
c) Seven is Mafia and his partner died N2, and they're covering for them (ruled out, since that would mean I'm Seven's buddy).
d) bessie (or cult) somehow killed me (hence my cryonicist question), implying Seven killed BoomFrog as claimed.
e) Mafia killed me and bessie (or cult) killed BoomFrog.

I'm inclined to think d is the case at the moment, but I frankly have no idea. I could definitely see a) too though.

I see LaserGuy switched to TSS/Zenii. I'm inclined to agree that there isn't a case where they're Town, given the confused results nature. I know I keep flipping here.

Given my confusion, I'm more than happy to follow LaserGuy. Not voting due to hammer of course.
jimbobmacdoodle

EBWOP: to clarify, I'd seen LaserGuy revote, I just got myself mixed up who he was voting for, so thought he'd voted Seven originally.

Any questions for me?
Sabrar

Post by Sabrar »

Seven wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:25 am (im actually scared af now of being wrong)
Please don't use tiny font.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:47 am EBWOP: to clarify, I'd seen LaserGuy revote, I just got myself mixed up who he was voting for, so thought he'd voted Seven originally.

Any questions for me?
I was voting for Seven and switched to Zenni.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

Posts in wrong thread.
Posts post-hammer.
Posts in tiny font.

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Seven (she, him, their)
jimbobmacdoodle

LaserGuy wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:54 am
jimbobmacdoodle wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:47 am EBWOP: to clarify, I'd seen LaserGuy revote, I just got myself mixed up who he was voting for, so thought he'd voted Seven originally.

Any questions for me?
I was voting for Seven and switched to Zenni.
Yup, I meant your most recent vote, I thought was for Seven, not Zenni. Could you summarise what changed your mind?

Meanwhile, a small part of me is thinking the wam/moody Mafia team, is laughing alongside Cultist!Suzaku at Town deciding between leeting two Townies.
LaserGuy

Post by LaserGuy »

Cult Suzaku and Town!TSS implies that all of TSS' results would have to have been wrong. Possible but really unlikely.
Yup, I meant your most recent vote, I thought was for Seven, not Zenni. Could you summarise what changed your mind?
Not in the 2 minutes before hammer, no. Most of my thoughts I posted above.
madge

Post by madge »

Seven wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:25 am (im actually scared af now of being wrong)

Please do not use tiny text, it is cryptography-adjacent as it can go unnoticed. (This was also said by Sabrar but I want to emphasise it).

That is deadline.

It is now Night.

Day 5 starts 20 hours after the time of this post (I know this is very short so please let me know if you want me to extend)

Votals:

Seven (1) - Zenni
Zenni (3) - Seven, Laserguy

Zenni has been eliminated by the group vote.

Not voting: moody7277, Suzaku, Wam, jimbob,

Last edited by madge on Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zeniba

Post by Zeniba »

Okay, according to the host I just get "scum" if it targets any Non-Town role, just like when it targets mafia. I think tss might have just not understood that. The role PM was not exactly clear.

Ftr, I claimed immediately since I wanted to make sure that the results were all out there. From the little bit of skimming I had done prior, I was aware that patzer and tss had both claimed cop though I didn't recall exactly what results had been shared by either of them.

I don't know how to change my username but I've never played with Seven before, as far as I know.

Also I'm kinda used to it since a girl doesn't grow up on the internet without seeing it, but it's "she/her/hers" rather than "he/him/his". @LaserGuy @Seven
madge

Post by madge »

Note for anyone who saw the version of the last post pre-edit that Day 5 starts in 19.75 hours. May start early if people submit actions in time, may start late if I am busy. Will extend on request.
madge

Re: Halloween Mafia 2021 - The Party Trap - Day 5

Post by madge »

The Pizzazz Posse Facebook Group has 9 members.

Zeniba was eliminated by the Town vote yesterday. She may be resurrected, so her role will not be revealed.

Suzaku was killed overnight. He may not be resurrected. He was Zombie, town Cult Cop.

It is now dawn on Day 5. Dusk starts in about 3 days, 6 hours.

5 players alive, 3 to eliminate.

There are 0 members currently in the cult.

Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

madge wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:11 am There are 0 members currently in the cult.
Finally.
Seven (she, him, their)
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Madge wrote:Zeniba was eliminated by the Town vote yesterday. She may be resurrected, so her role will not be revealed.
And should that happen, she will be put back down with extreme prejudice because of the rest of the dawn flavor.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

@Mod: What happens if a resurrection would happen at noon but a hammer occurs before then?
Seven (she, him, their)
moody7277

Post by moody7277 »

Well, based on PoE, I have the scum team being in {wam, Seven, somi}. Based on how I've read somi most of the game, I'd like to think that he's one and there's only one live scum left, but I don't want to bet the whole ball of wax on it. So, definitely no voting until after the noon post.
Seven
Gatekeeper

Post by Seven »

moody7277 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:55 am Well, based on PoE, I have the scum team being in {wam, Seven, somi}. Based on how I've read somi most of the game, I'd like to think that he's one and there's only one live scum left, but I don't want to bet the whole ball of wax on it. So, definitely no voting until after the noon post.
If you think both somi and Zeniba are scum why would you want to wait until they can be revived?
Seven (she, him, their)